• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe I'm Leaving - Thanks & New Owner

Dec

1 hour ago, Dec said:

Thank you all for the lovely comments. It really does mean a lot to me

All this is possible thanks to you so it's just credit where it's due tbh

Well, where to begin? I first met Declan on Neoseeker. I was very new to the idea of fora (yes, it's fora and not forums, kids) and I wasn't aware what was proper conduct and what wasn't. At the time I was playing a long term save with Tottenham on the PSP. My main striker, Romelu Lukaku, had retired early due to injury. I, of course, was thinking 'what a rip-off, what is this sh**'. In desperation I googled what happend and ended up on two fora: Neoseeker and the SI community. Being the young, impatient me, I asked my questions in both places. Declan, being extremely active in both places, noticed and called me out on it. That was my first encounter with Decie Boy and from the first moment I hated his guts.

In time, I got to know him a bit better. Turnes out that he's simply very enthusiastic of this game and that he has a tendency to dislike any improper forum conduct. Sounds familiar? 

This was around the time that some forum named FMHaven had crashed and burned. Not long after, there was talk of a new FMH forum. I can't exactly recall what it was called, but I don't think it was called Vibe at the time. I went there, made something of a name for myself and made some friends. After about a year of that, Declan announced that the site would be merging with a FM-based society. I can't remember that name either, but it was another complete flop. Promises weren't kept and the FMH section soon disappeared into the background.

Declan, ambitious as he was, grew once again frustrated and decided to make another attempt at creating a home for FMH. Vibe was created and, to my own immense surprise, I was asked to join the staff team, alongside Ollie, Franco, Niall, Patrick and some others who didn't last long. We were quite the team of mods, if I may be so forward.

Contrary to what you may all think, given how old he is and how much time he spends on here, Ashez was part of a later generation. He came after William even, perhaps around the time that Graveluth turned up here. I've had many friend and collaborators on here, come to think of it.

Niall was the first to go. Then followed Patrick, Ollie, William, Rafa and even Ashez. I myself have been a mod on here twice - my second stint was a mistake. But now that Declan is leaving, it really feels like the end of an era. I know I said this when Ashez left the mods team, but the Declan Era has literally spanned a whole decade. Declan and I have been here from the beginning, making jokes, bickering at times, making podcasts with crazy renditions of the Potter Puppet Pals at other times.

This site has been a big part of my life for a significant period of my life. I feel like this week I've lost something. Some part of myself that would always be sure that if I came here, I'd find at least one or two familiar faces I could count on. While I like the lads that are present at this time, people like Taff, Prize, BatiGoal (people who've been here for a while now), they'll never truly understand the history of this place. New members will never know what it took for Vibe to be what it is today. So for me, a part of Vibe has died with Dec's departure, and it makes me a bit sad.

But you don't have to know its history to know what a great place this is. To me, Vibe will always be more - always has been more - than a place where people play a game together and tell each other about it. To me, this will always be the place where I will meet old pals and give them flack for failing epically to win the French competition with PSG. 

I hope the current generation of members will carry on our great tradition and will continue to do their best to make Vibe more than a place for nerds who happen to like FMM. And on that note, I will end my ramblings. It may sound incoherent to some (well, to most probably since I didn't plan this story out at all and just went with whatever came into my head), but at least now there's some place where a brief history of Declan's legacy can be found.

@Dec you gave us all a place to come and play and share and meet new people and new friends and I personally can't thank you enough. 

As @Jens has said I'm still one of the newer members only having been here since 2015, but I have loved this site and it's people since I set foot here and there are so many great people on this site, who are the reason I keep coming back, yes I love playing FMM (FMH) but it's being able to come to this AMAZING community of like minded people that keeps me playing, I don't think any of us would put as much time and effort into this game if we didn't have this place "The Place that Dec Built" to come to and share with each other

So sincerely thank you for everything you have done and I'm sure the people at SI owe you a huge thanks to you as well

All the best for the future mate, it's been an honour

Thanks for all you have done, you've created a superb fan site which I'm sure will remain strong under new leadership. They say sometimes the best way to let go of something is to cut all ties with it - I really hope this isn't the case for you though. You're too appreciated by this community to become a stranger to it. Best of luck with everything going forward.

Thank you Dec so much for the advice and guidance, you made me particularly welcome when I first joined so thanks for that as well. Good luck with your break and I look forward to seeing where Stam and his team will take Vibe as they carry on your hard work 

Well this was unexpected.

Must take a tremendous amount of effort and dedication to create and run a site for such a long time. We all come on here for a bit of light hearted, FMM based chat, meanwhile Dec slogs constantly to keep everything up and running for us to enjoy. 

Hopefully your next chapter is a good one, and so is Vibe's ?

Thanks guys. Just reading these on my lunch break and it is really humbling. So thank you so much for the lovely compliments and best wishes.

Especially you @Jens reminding me of embarrassing things we did ?.

Thank you @Dec for this wonderful website. Although i've been here only since 2014 , @Jens comment made me realize the amount of hard work you put on this site. Every time i seeked for help you were there & so were other members @BatiGoal @mcandrew003 @kts365 @Kun Aguero

So once again i thank you @Dec for creating this wonderful community & all the best for you future mate .

@StamWelcome to the community . looking forward to the changes you will be making in coming days.

Thank you @Dec for his wonderful site and moreso the community.  I've not been here ages but it's clear how much you put into it over the years good luck in your future mate.

I missed this post, but would like to say Thanks to you @Dec as well. I've only become active here this year, but I've been coming here for years for info and downloads and got a lot of value out of the site that way too. It's an amazing thing you've built here that has touched so many people! Great job! And good luck for the future.

Late reply but just wanted to say my goodbye to @Dec. I haven't used the forum for a few years now but I remember how helpful he was when I needed help downloading facepacks/logos.

all the best. 

its been a please to work along side you @Dec the past year or 2 you have taught me many things. i admit and im sure others will find it strange not to have you around? but as the saying goes onwards and upwards for everyone.

Thanks for everything @Dec. For all the hard work you put into the site and help to so many people on here.  Hope your happy with whatever is next for you in life. 

Good luck in the future @Dec hope this doesn't mean your giving up on playing, let's hope we see you now and again updating us on how you are and how you miss the rush of this site, never met you, never properly spoke to you but thanks for years and years of dedication to this and creating something for everyone to enjoy, argue about, scream and spend so much time playing, your a legend :D

Best wishes for the future Dec. I am sure your advice and guidance have helped a great deal of us achieve a modicum of success which keeps us coming back for more.?

1 hour ago, Scott said:

I'm a few weeks late but thanks for everything you done for the community @Dec :)

@Jens everyone got a mention... :'(

I'm terribly sorry ? I'll never forget you though. You helped us get the FMHid out ?

On 5/16/2017 at 08:46, Jens said:

Well, where to begin? I first met Declan on Neoseeker. I was very new to the idea of fora (yes, it's fora and not forums, kids) and I wasn't aware what was proper conduct and what wasn't. At the time I was playing a long term save with Tottenham on the PSP. My main striker, Romelu Lukaku, had retired early due to injury. I, of course, was thinking 'what a rip-off, what is this sh**'. In desperation I googled what happend and ended up on two fora: Neoseeker and the SI community. Being the young, impatient me, I asked my questions in both places. Declan, being extremely active in both places, noticed and called me out on it. That was my first encounter with Decie Boy and from the first moment I hated his guts.

In time, I got to know him a bit better. Turnes out that he's simply very enthusiastic of this game and that he has a tendency to dislike any improper forum conduct. Sounds familiar? 

This was around the time that some forum named FMHaven had crashed and burned. Not long after, there was talk of a new FMH forum. I can't exactly recall what it was called, but I don't think it was called Vibe at the time. I went there, made something of a name for myself and made some friends. After about a year of that, Declan announced that the site would be merging with a FM-based society. I can't remember that name either, but it was another complete flop. Promises weren't kept and the FMH section soon disappeared into the background.

Declan, ambitious as he was, grew once again frustrated and decided to make another attempt at creating a home for FMH. Vibe was created and, to my own immense surprise, I was asked to join the staff team, alongside Ollie, Franco, Niall, Patrick and some others who didn't last long. We were quite the team of mods, if I may be so forward.

Contrary to what you may all think, given how old he is and how much time he spends on here, Ashez was part of a later generation. He came after William even, perhaps around the time that Graveluth turned up here. I've had many friend and collaborators on here, come to think of it.

Niall was the first to go. Then followed Patrick, Ollie, William, Rafa and even Ashez. I myself have been a mod on here twice - my second stint was a mistake. But now that Declan is leaving, it really feels like the end of an era. I know I said this when Ashez left the mods team, but the Declan Era has literally spanned a whole decade. Declan and I have been here from the beginning, making jokes, bickering at times, making podcasts with crazy renditions of the Potter Puppet Pals at other times.

This site has been a big part of my life for a significant period of my life. I feel like this week I've lost something. Some part of myself that would always be sure that if I came here, I'd find at least one or two familiar faces I could count on. While I like the lads that are present at this time, people like Taff, Prize, BatiGoal (people who've been here for a while now), they'll never truly understand the history of this place. New members will never know what it took for Vibe to be what it is today. So for me, a part of Vibe has died with Dec's departure, and it makes me a bit sad.

But you don't have to know its history to know what a great place this is. To me, Vibe will always be more - always has been more - than a place where people play a game together and tell each other about it. To me, this will always be the place where I will meet old pals and give them flack for failing epically to win the French competition with PSG. 

I hope the current generation of members will carry on our great tradition and will continue to do their best to make Vibe more than a place for nerds who happen to like FMM. And on that note, I will end my ramblings. It may sound incoherent to some (well, to most probably since I didn't plan this story out at all and just went with whatever came into my head), but at least now there's some place where a brief history of Declan's legacy can be found.

This. Fair play Dec, we didn't see eye to eye all the time but also very much enjoyed long portions of my time here. I remember slogging out those changes.txt Notepad documents all summer, my god we put in a shift. All the best pal.

Bit late here but thanks for everything you've done for the community @Dec! Without this site I'd have never enjoyed FMH as much as I did, and I genuinely really enjoyed all the time I spent on this site. Good luck in the future!