Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Rave In The Redwoods - 4-1-1-3-1 LLM Tactic - EME

Yes yes, I know that's the title of a Call Of Duty expansion pack, but it sounded cool. I don't even play COD myself, so don't judge :laugh:

Hello all and welcome to my first shared tactic! Today I showcase my newest tactic, Rave In The Redwoods, or RITR for short. This is a tactic I stumbled upon during my attempt at the PL Second Chances Challenge. Sorry if this is already a tactic, just thought I'd share my experience with this tactic. 

Note: This may only work for LLM, but feel free to test it with a bigger club anyway! 

Rave In The RedwoodsIMG_6770.thumb.PNG.2eb6cdfbbf5c84de06243a4997aad2dd.PNG

IMG_6769.thumb.PNG.36880c865b4f6465dc5c1b23b3e8b89e.PNG

Pretty standard, right? Well, let's go into more detail....

Firstly, let's start with the defence. The full backs are there to stay a bit further back than if we played wing backs, giving the IF's some space to manoeuvre and twist where they need to. The 2 Centre Defenders are pretty basic, distributing where they can and smashing it out when necessary. However, I'm confident a Limited Defender would work alongside one of the CD's aswell. 

Next, the 2 midfielders. The Deep Lying Playmaker is there to sit, well deep, and distribute play all along the front line. This role works well when your player has good Tackling, Passing and often Stamina, as he will be covering that line of defence the entire game, aswell a season often springing attacking moves. The Box To Box midfielder is there to support both attack and defence. He will often be up with the Advanced Playmaker during attacking moves, but should come back and support your DLP when you are under the cosh. 

Next, the Attacking Midfielders. The 2 IF's are there to cut inside after the ball is played into them. Having techniqual players here will really bamboozle defences, as you will later see. They will often support the striker, meaning you will have 3 upfront at some points during matches. This is why playing one striker is the best option when using IF's, as otherwise it gets too crowded, IMO. The Advanced Playmaker basically does the job of the DLP, but further up the pitch. This is the lad who will get a lot of the assists, as his techniqual and passing ability should see wingers and strikers through on goal. 

Finally, the Striker. The Poacher is a good role to use as the DLP and AP will be looking for passes forward, and having a decent finisher there to receive them is key. A Target Man wouldn't work as he'd often have his back to goal due to the IF's shooting rather than crossing, meaning he would have to take chances from midfield. I'm about 50% confident a Advanced Forward would work here aswell though. 

Instructions

IMG_6771.thumb.PNG.5e0883394a07864ecc7fd27b3cf9b3b5.PNG

Either play this for a more steady approach....

IMG_6772.thumb.PNG.3878d8a1bdfe4a93c2b0b49d63da6b7c.PNG

Or this if you plan to get at your opponent. With this one, alternate Counter Attack on and off depending on the results.

Anyway, let's see some proof, shall we?

IMG_6761.thumb.PNG.24e60b52f1a95cd2d10d30e68a303ee9.PNG

Smooth win there. Bare in mind i joined the club after about 15 games, at that point they already had about 5 losses and 3/4 draws, and were 7th....

Individual Statistics

IMG_6766.thumb.PNG.69de014eed785d3d98b084a766f8a03e.PNG

Not bad, not bad....

IMG_6767.thumb.PNG.ef0bd1730fee0edd8cc7be57372887ee.PNG

Brilliant stuff all round, this really gets the best out of players! 

So there you go guys. Hope you found this helpful and feel free to ask for any more screenshots as proof. Thanks for reading!imageproxy.php?img=&key=869884a60f0c133d

Haha no worries mate, looks much better now. And btw I've never used pressing with offside and counter on but it looks very promising will maybe try something similar in one of my setups.

2 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

Haha no worries mate, looks much better now. And btw I've never used pressing with offside and counter on but it looks very promising will maybe try something similar in one of my setups.

Cheers mate. I tend to use it quite a lot in my tactics, although with this one counter attack should be alternated, say if you are losing 1-0, go attacking and turn it off and you should score for fun :D

23 minutes ago, AndersJ said:

Thank you very much for sharing mate!

No worries Anders!

In my experience, if you plan to have 2-3 extra players in the box (IFs/APs), an AF with halfway decent passing could easily get 30+ points (G+A) in a season.  Check out the primary AF in my career save at the end of season 3.

2 minutes ago, veerus said:

In my experience, if you plan to have 2-3 extra players in the box (IFs/APs), an AF with halfway decent passing could easily get 30+ points (G+A) in a season.  Check out the primary AF in my career save at the end of season 3.

Cheers for the comment mate. I agree with that, although it really depends who you can pull. Thanks bud!

It works well with mid-table teams in the EPL I used that same tactic but with slightly different roles and instructions I used it with Southampton and turned them in a 3 year EPL winners and also winning Europa league my first year and the all prestigious champions league the next season. It's a very good tactic the main success lies within those 3 central midfielders. With Good teamwork and other necessary attributes there are no limits to this tactics success. Good work @mcandrew003 for sharing such a great tactic.

4 hours ago, Pogba said:

It works well with mid-table teams in the EPL I used that same tactic but with slightly different roles and instructions I used it with Southampton and turned them in a 3 year EPL winners and also winning Europa league my first year and the all prestigious champions league the next season. It's a very good tactic the main success lies within those 3 central midfielders. With Good teamwork and other necessary attributes there are no limits to this tactics success. Good work @mcandrew003 for sharing such a great tactic.

Cheers dude, glad to know you had some success with higher rep clubs. Will have to test it myself. Cheers!

6 minutes ago, Kudonskey said:

Your Tactics is great mate. Simple but deadly

Thanks very much mate. Have you had success with it? Would love to see the results so I can observe it. Cheers!

For me, the first game tells me to take it or drop it. I actually dumped my FMM for a while because the current formation has been cracked by the AI and games weren't going so good anymore.. So I chose today to look for similar formation to my 4-1-2-2-1 stock formation..and I came upon this thread. Since it's just slight adjustments to that formation of mine, I decided to try it out. And these match stats mean I'm definitely upping the tactics training so the boys can get used to it quicker. Thanks man.

Screenshot_2017-05-17-19-31-21.png

Tactics look good mate , will try it definitely . I think replacing DLP with BWM and BBM with DLP will balance the formation .

TBH i've used a formation with CA, pressing and offside trap enabled... I hope it work well.

@Nick11

Cheers mate! Glad to see you back on the website. You could try it mate, if you do let me know how it works as I'm always open to trying something else tactically. Cheers bud!

I had to try this because I wanted to know how football looks with this tactic..and it looks great, counter attacks are electric even with shite attacker and left if, with good rotation and faster players this tactic could do serious damage

Cheers

Screenshot_20170519-214104.png

Screenshot_20170519-214054.png

Brilliant dude! Glad to see you are having success with the tactic, those stats against City look quality. Good to see this works in bigger set-ups aswell, might test it myself after seeing this. Glad you have found it useful and thanks a lot for the feedback mate. Cheers! @Lav50

I know I just praised this tactic but felt it would be good to showcase football this tac plays, pay attention to timing and positioning of 2nd goal

I know Benfica ain't much but they had straight wins in league and UCL up to this point

FMM 2017_2017-05-20-12-11-25.mp4

On Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 10:14, mcandrew003 said:

@Nick11

Cheers mate! Glad to see you back on the website. You could try it mate, if you do let me know how it works as I'm always open to trying something else tactically. Cheers bud!

Read more  

Mate try this tactics :D   fm_tactic2.tac

Sure , i'll post my results .

On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 03:05, Ceejayhmfc said:

@Nick11 how did swapping the dlp with bwm and bbm with dlp work for you Brought? 

DLP in central midfield position will act as creator and will do less defensive work as it is paired with a BWM who's job is to act as a shield . 

Did u tried the tactics i shared??