Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Arobbo92 & mcandrew003 present: The Vibe Olympic Games!

Thanks for this challenge - it was/is a very good idea ? Congrats to all of those that did not get medals for being in the fight ?

Congratulations Taff and Brenty for great wins and a huge thanks to Mcandrew and arobbo for running this event. It has been a great competition and have enjoyed it immensely. (I would've tagged you all but my wifi is acting up lol.)

Congrats @Taff you may call yourself Vibe's Olympic Champions. Well done!

Also congrats to the silver and bronze medalists @Brenty92 and @Real_Random well done guys. Each round winner deserves credit too for excelling in that particular aspect of the game. Now work on those other aspects to have a chance at gold next time ;)

Great tournament @mcandrew003 & @arobbo92 you guys have put a lot of time and effort in this and it's much appreciated. Was enjoyable to follow. Great job!

The Vibe Olympic Games - Competition Round-Up

What a journey it has been. 6 events, 20 participants and 1 winner. It's been a emotional, tough and mentally draining ride for us all, but I'm hoping there was a slither of enjoyment there aswell ;).This little round-up is going to go over a few aspects of the competition, including a few prizes and the future. I really hope you enjoy this, I personally have loved talking to each of you about your results and hosting this with my good friend Arobbo, so I'm hoping you have too. 

Competition Winner

After an enthralling 6 rounds of (hopefully) tough, exciting challenges, a winner emerged from the pack of hopefuls. This winner..... @Taff! Having stayed firmly routed to the Silver podium for the entirety of the competition, he takes it home by the skin of his teeth, with @Brenty92 and @Real_Random close behind him. I want to personally say a huge congrats to Taff, not only for winning the gold meda but for being a great sport and submitting every single time. I'd make a fancy graphic, but unfortunately don't have the time....oh what the hell :D

IMG_7757.thumb.PNG.73d0bb2efd82522f7e620941db29e8d9.PNG

Well played to our three medal winners, you all deserved your spots on the podiums. For those who missed out, don't worry. You'll get a chance in next year's competition ;)

Awards

Might be a bit of a weird one, but wanted to give a full summary. Here are a few awards I picked myself from the participants and viewers....

Fair Play Award:

This award is for a person or group of people who were committed, cared for the competitions wellbeing and were overall good sports. My pick for this is.... Everybody Who Submitted Every Single Time! I am still obviously thankful to those who submitted, your contributions weren't unnoticed, but well done and thanks to these people who submitted after every round. 

@Taff, @Brenty92, @fuddledfoxFM, @Real_Random, @gbohunmi10. Thanks guys! 

Best Spectator

Does he even need an introduction? Step forward @BatiGoal, who was there to support everybody throughout the whole competition. Thanks a lot Bati! 

Most Consistent

The award for the person who constantly achieved good results. As much as he has already won the competition, well done to @Taff, who claimed 6 podium finishes!

Best Sport

The person who was a delight to talk to over PM and here on the thread, and it's joint between @fuddledfoxFM, @Brenty92 and @chewkaiwen! Well done you three, take your prizes. It was nice talking to all of you by the way, these three engaged quite a lot though. Cheers lads! 

Summary

It's sad to see this coming to an end. I've enjoyed this so so much, it's maybe been the best thing I've ever done on Vibe. Thanks to the 20 people who made this idea possible, aswell as my co-host @arobbo92 for helping me out so much with this. We have somehow managed over 8,000 views and hundreds of comments, and that all means so much to us. We hope you have enjoyed the Vibe Olympic Games as much as we have, and hope you are even more excited for the next one! Thank you all so so much, this has meant so much. Cheers!

Great round up pal, I'll take my awards with open arms! ?

41 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Another topspot for our leaderboard-addict. :) someone wil have to stop this man!!

Can't wait for the Winter Olympics.

I gave it my all mate, just not quite enough in the end, congratulations once again to @Taff 'mr consistent' you deserve your fix yet again!

Great competition guys, shame about the last event, I was sat at 8.6 after 10 games which was ruined by injury :( 

Thanks @mcandrew003 and @arobbo92 for running an enjoyable competition, the 16 game runtime was a great idea, made it just bitesize enough to squeeze into a couple of hours. 

Did I miss entering a round? Except for the one where I got fired ~8 games in without having had a red card,  which I did at least tell you about. Anyway, it matters not. 

Well dope @Taff, now you can tell your grandkids you're an olympic gold medallist! 

(So Sorry for the late reply guys been away for a few days)

images.jpg.408ca9ed22da5d800b929089c9a045d3.jpg

OH MY GOD I HONESTLY CAN'T BELIEVE IT, I JUST WANT TO THANK MY MUM AND DAD FOR BRINGING ME INTO THIS WORLD TO BECOME THE VIBE OLYMPIC CHAMPION

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and obviously a huge thank you to our hosts @mcandrew003 and @arobbo92 for all the effort, tears and pure guts to pull this fantastic competition off

A big congrats to both @Brenty92 and @Real_Random for pushing it all the way to the end (I feel a bit bad winning even though I never actually won a gold)

A massive congrats to all that competed and viewed and commented I'm sure the hosts have loved seeing this become such a huge thing

@BatiGoal thanks for lending your expert advice and keeping everyone on track (and don't think I didn't notice the leaderboard crack, I mean it's totally true but what can I say, winning is in the blood lol)

To @Idol and @AndersJ for having the common decency to let the guys know you couldn't post, and hope those who just left without a word have the decency to apologise to @mcandrew003 and @arobbo92, since they put so much into this just to have you guys leave

Well thats all from your Olympic Champ, me and Kurt Angle are off for a pint

download.jpg.5c04ac2bc0e4b39ac54b81dac64a5bcf.jpg

On 18/05/2017 at 13:55, mcandrew003 said:

Good Afternoon Vibe!

So, me and my freind @arobbo92 have been discussing for a few weeks about a new idea to bring to the community. After finalising all of the details over PM, we are proud to present....

The Vibe Olympic Games

What Are The Games?

What is this crazy competition we have created? Well, it will consist of 20 participants ( more if massive interest)who will battle it out over 6 different events to be crowned the Olympic Champion! These events have been premade by the 2 hosts, me and Arobbo, and ready to launch when you guys are!

Who Can Join?

Anybody of any level is welcome to test theirselves in this competition, as long as you can meet the deadlines and be a good sport. Even if you have a career on here already, the challenges don't last long, as we will go onto in a moment. We would love to see a mix of players in here, wether you have been here for a few years or a few weeks, it doesn't matter to us!

What Is The Time Span/Challenge Lengths

Each event will last just 16 League Games to mark the 16 days of the Olympics. This isn't much time at all and can be played in 1 day if possible. As I said, there will be 6 events with a deadline of about 5-7 days. 

How To Sign Up

To sign up, simply comment which country you wish to represent from the table below. As soon as this is done, you will be added to a list of participants. Hopefully we fill all the spaces so we can have a good run at this! 

Rules

- No IGE

- Meet The Deadlines Set

- Be A Good Sport

- No Reloading

- Have Fun!

- EME Competition

IMG_6869.thumb.PNG.15a14a8c85f464aa004c008e5a7ee7d3.PNG

Once all participants are in we will begin going over more rules and eventually our first event. Please pick a country from above to represent, and enjoy the ride!

IMG_6870.thumb.PNG.5d6ac5bb56064bf06891bb62c6f04527.PNG

Graphics credit to @arobbo92

Participants:

1. Brenty92 - United Kingdom

2. Idol - Cuba

3. Mikee1984 - Russia

4. Eogtuc0910 - Kenya

5. JustM1kePlays - USA

6. AndersJ - Korea

7. Real_Random - Australia

8. Mollers01 - Canada

9. Granit Xhaka - Hungary