Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career 500 International BatiGoals

Career Time :)

Hello Vibers, I have decided to go on an International Management adventure. I haven't done many of these in my FMM years so I welcome the refreshing change I have in mind. One of the reasons I perhaps haven't gone ITN mode often enough is due to the known lack of possibilities in terms of coaching staff and training options, not to mention the previous lack of ITN competitions in general, but the advantage I take from that is that I will be able to shoot out updates thick and fast once the journey takes off. Running a club in combination is usually the wiser option since we can train -and protect- the main stars we're working with but again I see that as an added challenge. Once "my" players return from club to country they can A) be demoted to the bench and have earned themselves sub status B) be unhappy at their respective clubs for any reason and have a terrible morale C) be unfit or too tired/overplayed to play for his country D) be injured E) stagnated attribute developments for X reasons.. none doing my players any good, but that's the risk of playing ITN management only and yet it's an incalculated risk I'm taking for the upcoming challenge.

The Challenge

• Score 5x 100 ITN goals (total of 500 ITN gls) with 5 different players.
  • Not combined goals; Each player MUST score a century of goals.

The Rules

• The standard rules. No IGE, reloading, etc.
  • Engine to be played on: Enhanced (EME)

The Twist

• Use pre-determined formations only.
  • Remove player from squad once he reaches 100 ITN goals.

So let me clarify a few things. I'm going to select 5 forwards and play them all at the same time. Yes, you read that right. So obviously that's going to be a 5-forward formation I'm starting with. Once 1 of them gets a century of goals he will be thanked for his services and removed from the squad. 4 forwards left and we switch to a 4-forward set up. Again, first one to reach his own personal 100 goal-tally receives his high 5's from the team followed by his ITN retirement. 3 strikers left..3-forward formation is pulled out of the closet etc etc until the last remaining forward gets his century of ITN goals in. Once, and if, that happens this challenge is completed.

BatiGoal's Master Plan

Masterplan5new.png

Masterplan4new.png

Masterplan3new.png

Masterplan2new.png

Masterplan1new.png

That's the plan. They're formations I've worked with for some time so I know what they're capable of. We normally don't pick formations before we get to evaluate the squad but, again (I keep saying it) that's the challenge I'm accepting. It may sound easy scoring 100 goals but it really isn't. They're ITN goals only and we just get so many of these games per year. I'm extremely dependent on success since ITN tournaments go by knock-out phases which can seriously limit gametime for these 5 lads. So I'll be starting with the TKO formation and all 5 forwards will be fighting it off to get goals in. I'm expecting to play this set up the longest of the five. Once 1 player gets the 100gls the rest won't be too far off I hope. From then on it'll be a quick turn of events going from the 4-2-4 to the 3-4-3 then the 3-4-1-2 and finally the 4-4-1-1. Gosh, what have I started..Oh well, success or failure, hopefully it'll be an enjoyable read for everyone.

I'll be managing..

Masterplan6new.png

..known as The Super Eagles

Meet The Five Nigerian Heroes..

Name: Taiwo Awoniyi (18yo) Starting Position: Center Forward Player Role: Advanced Forward

Spoiler

MasterplanP3.png

Name: Umar Sadiq (19yo) Starting Position: Center Forward Player Role: Poacher

Spoiler

MasterplanP4.png

Name: Kelechi Iheanacho (19yo) Starting Position: Center Forward Player Role: Advanced Forward

Spoiler

MasterplanP5.png

Name: Isaac Success (20yo) Starting Position: Left Forward Player Role: Inside Forward

Spoiler

MasterplanP1.png

Name: Alex Iwobi (20yo) Starting Position: Right Forward Player Role: Inside Forward

Spoiler

MasterplanP2.png

The introduction ends here. I'll be starting this African Adventure in a few days. All that rests me now is to ask you to Wish Me Luck ;) Cheers!

BatiGoal's African Adventure - 5x 100 ITN Goals

• 0 gls - Taiwo Awoniyi
  • 0 gls - Umar Sadiq
  • 0 gls - Kelechi Iheanacho
  • 0 gls - Isaac Success
  • 0 gls - Alex Iwobi

This could be a very entertaining save dude (or it could go up in flames only time will tell) 

at least you have the added bonus of the ACON to get the extra goals

2 hours ago, Nick11 said:

That's very unique concept. It looks hard but i know you can do it. I'm looking forward to see this.

Good luck mate?

Good to see you back and thanks.

1 hour ago, nujawuja said:

Masterplan3new.png

Could you send player roles + instructions about this ?

Tks in advance

Will do once I successfully put this challenge to bed ;)

1 hour ago, Taff said:

This could be a very entertaining save dude (or it could go up in flames only time will tell) 

at least you have the added bonus of the ACON to get the extra goals

The more I think of it the more my hopes drop. From experience being in tight situations I tend to come up with the best solutions. Praying this time is no different.

Looks interesting! Definitely got to be the right choice going for an African nation for the number of games. I suspect Iwobi may be the weak link but as I showed in my Welsh game he keeps pretty high stats for quite a long time. Good luck!

4 minutes ago, Idol said:

Looks interesting! Definitely got to be the right choice going for an African nation for the number of games. I suspect Iwobi may be the weak link but as I showed in my Welsh game he keeps pretty high stats for quite a long time. Good luck!

Yeah thanks. Final cut was either him or Oshimen but Iwobi got the nod in the end. Also due to the formation I'm starting out with. Couldn't take more than 3 out and out strikers with me and needed 2 flankers. Hope I made the right call.

23 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

The more I think of it the more my hopes drop. From experience being in tight situations I tend to come up with the best solutions. Praying this time is no different.

You'll be fine, your Lord Batigoal mighty Viking warrior and chief who will whip these players in to shape and I have no doubt after your truly amazing display with Lord Bazor that this will come to a glorious finish

Nice to see you went with Nigeria in the end, as I said in our PM it is a very tempting opportunity. 

My main worry for this career isn't the challenge but how hard ITN can be, one bad result at the wrong time and you'll likely he sacked which obviously means failure. The margin for error is so big and so likely it's a massive risk, it's why I never bank on ITN results as anything can happen, especially when risky formations are in play. 

I'm sure this save will have us all hooked! 

1 hour ago, Real_Random said:

Very interesting mate, hopefully iwobi finishes first or second as he isn't natural in centre forward.

Right. If I do make it to the 3rd formation however we can only hope he isn't too south of the 100 and he needs a couple sitters to finish off the job.

38 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Nice to see you went with Nigeria in the end, as I said in our PM it is a very tempting opportunity. 

My main worry for this career isn't the challenge but how hard ITN can be, one bad result at the wrong time and you'll likely he sacked which obviously means failure. The margin for error is so big and so likely it's a massive risk, it's why I never bank on ITN results as anything can happen, especially when risky formations are in play. 

I'm sure this save will have us all hooked! 

Read more  

It's true btw that our PM exchange led to this challenge, so thanks mate. A regular 200ITN became a DT swapped for a TT and turned into this. 

If the board remains realistic I'm happy to get through 1 or 2 extra rounds after the group stages. Not going to look for excuses already :) but the least I want to achieve is get 1 lad his century of goals.

Thanks for the support, guys.

20 minutes ago, Mollers01 said:

If you follow the recent International Manager's Guide then I'm sure you'll be just fine :P

Perfect timing indeed. I may give it a second read for the extra motivation and reminders. Thanks mate!

Oh, this is interesting! Nice idea and I won't be surprised if you pull it off (though it will be tough).

What formation will you use if a player is unavailable for a game? Will you switch down to the next formation listed? Or draft in a sub to take their spot in the formation you're using?

28 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

Oh, this is interesting! Nice idea and I won't be surprised if you pull it off (though it will be tough).

What formation will you use if a player is unavailable for a game? Will you switch down to the next formation listed? Or draft in a sub to take their spot in the formation you're using?

Thanks mate!

The amount of young quality Nigerian strikers is incredible this year. I managed Holland for a decade during Bazoer's journey so a priority was to go with a nation outside Europe and my shortlist counted 2 in the end, Nigeria and its players being the lesser known of the two.

The handful of strikers who missed the cut will feature as subs instead so I'll be using the first formation until 1 of the 5 hits his objective.

One of the South American teams must have been tempting with their epic length wc qualifiers? I bet Brazil could field a decent front 5 although it's a little bit predictable! 

26 minutes ago, Idol said:

One of the South American teams must have been tempting with their epic length wc qualifiers? I bet Brazil could field a decent front 5 although it's a little bit predictable! 

Brazil have a great young frontline indeed, Argentina Uruguay Colombia unfortunately not for this challenge. Was looking forward to a South American adventure initially but refused to go with the obvious.

If anyone can do this it's most definitely you mate, good luck can't wait for this to kick off. Btw iwobi is not a weak link he is class on this game, coming from an arsenal fan ?.

51 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

If anyone can do this it's most definitely you mate, good luck can't wait for this to kick off. Btw iwobi is not a weak link he is class on this game, coming from an arsenal fan ?.

Thanks mate! Really happy to hear Iwobi's been doing well for you. Have never used him so that's an encouraging bit of info. Cheers!

Very interesting mate, when you told me you had an international idea I didn't think it would be as daring as this (then again though, its you :P) Very best of luck dude, another incredible BatiGoal story for us all to sink our teeth into!

24 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

Very interesting mate, when you told me you had an international idea I didn't think it would be as daring as this (then again though, its you :P) Very best of luck dude, another incredible BatiGoal story for us all to sink our teeth into!

Thanks for the support mate. Really, it wouldn't be half as enjoyable without the fantastic support from everyone.

4 hours ago, Brenty92 said:

I have no words other than Dumbfounded! Good luck dude what a ballsy move can't wait to see how it unfolds

It's such a fine line, I know. If it works out well I'm the hero and if it doesn't ..well.. the idiot :D in real life we're evaluated no different. I'm trusting this squad tho.

2 hours ago, veerus said:

I know you explained it above but I'm still disappointed you didn't go with your Mother Country.

Needed a new experience. In fact, never bothered to check whether there are at least 5 quality young Dutch forwards around. If this challenge ends well I may try to top it for you with Holland ;)

500 International BatiGoals

- 2016 -

These updates are going to be yearly rather than seasonal. It makes it easier to bring these from Jan. to Dec. as this way I can post tournament results in its entirety. It's also a different updating style which keeps things fresh and a little different. As I took the Nigerian ITN job in July this update counts only half a year. But it's enough to show the vast improvements we've already made.

Objectives are clear. I need to score 100 goals with each of my 5 chosen forwards. Starting formation is the 2-2-1-5 which has been a success formula from the start with these Nigerian stars. They did really well, despite the weak opposition but didn't expect things to go this smooth from day 1.

The Results

Nigeria2016b.png

A perfect start to both qualifying campaigns. And a fine amount of goals for my strikers as well. A few minor injuries.. fitness issues and the odd player with a morale hit due to ongoing contract negotiations, but in all a perfect beginning.

The Games

Spoiler

Nigeria2016d.png

Nigeria2016a.png

Nigeria2016e.png

Nigeria2016f.png

Nigeria2016g.png

Delighted with the goals from all angles. One game it was the Left Forward Success who hit a brace. Next game both Advanced Forwards Iheanacho and Awoniyi on the scoresheet. Then the Poacher Sadiq...or Iwobi my Right Forward. I'm starting to love the incredible 5. All I can do is more of the same and hope everyone stays free of injuries.

The Upcoming Games in 2017

Nigeria2016cnew.png

These are just some of the games that are awaiting us in 2017 and believe it or not I can't wait to get started. If the start is anything to go by then we're looking at amazing things in 2017.

The Five Forwards

Taiwo Awoniyi 19yo +4gls

Spoiler

Nigeria2016k.png

Awoniyi is still a Liverpool loanee playing in Holland for NEC and upped his shooting +1 among others.

Umar Sadiq 19yo +4gls

Spoiler

Nigeria2016h.png

Sadiq is still enjoying football at Bologna, being a loanee from Roma, and did well upping his Movement +1.

Kelechi Iheanacho 20yo +3gls

Spoiler

Nigeria2016l.png

Iheanacho is feeling more comfortable than ever in Manchester and growing more greens as a result. Solid progress.

Isaac Success 21yo +4gls

Spoiler

Nigeria2016j.png

Success is doing reasonably well at Watford in the EPL still but hasn't really upped his main attributes. We'll give him time.

Alex Iwobi 20yo +3gls

Spoiler

Nigeria2016i.png

Iwobi's home is in London, with mighty Gunners, and dear me look at his improvements from 6 to 10 greens in 6 months. WOW!

All five lads did just great scoring a combined 18 gls and I have no complaints about any of them whatsoever at the moment. Of course it's still early days in the challenge. Long may it last :) Loved the first half year I played and can't wait to get cracking with some more Nigerian football. See you all in 2017!

BatiGoal's African Adventure - 5x 100 ITN Goals - 6 games played

• 4/100 gls - Taiwo Awoniyi
  • 4/100 gls - Umar Sadiq
  • 3/100 gls - Kelechi Iheanacho
  • 4/100 gls - Isaac Success
  • 3/100 gls - Alex Iwobi

Thanks for the comments everyone. Hoping to give you more Nigerian success in 2017 altho I'm slightly worried about only having 9 games for the lads. Unless extra games are added to the fixture list at some point. I'm really out of sorts with this African football atm so I'm taking games as they come one at a time :)