Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career 500 International BatiGoals

8 hours ago, Taff said:

A great year mate and a Fantastic job leading Nigeria to the WC

kiu

Thanks. :D

7 hours ago, Ashez said:

Wow, now that's an adventure! Great going mate! 

Thanks, we're on a pretty consistent run atm. A winning spree of 12 and counting..

Just caught up on this and came in at just the right time to see a World Cup win! Great stuff! You are killing this and will wrap it up easily. ? 

4 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Just caught up on this and came in at just the right time to see a World Cup win! Great stuff! You are killing this and will wrap it up easily. ? 

I make every impossible task seem easy ;) thanks for the support!

500 International BatiGoals

- 2023 -

8 years into the challenge and we're getting closer and closer to the century of goals for our Five Forwards. Who's gonna hit it first?

2023 - AFCON Q-final

2023ITNgame1.png

Comprehensive win. Algeria no chance and Iheanacho and Sadiq steal the show with a wonderful brace each.

2023 - AFCON S-final

2023ITNgame2.png

An even more comprehensive win. Totally outplayed and Sadiq gets another brace onto the scoreboard.

2023 - AFCON Final

2023ITNgame3.png

Ouch! Funnily enough, despite my growing confidence in the boys, I felt a loss was in the air. Morocco are quality and gave us a very hard time during last year's World Cup. We scraped a win back then AET (4-3) and they returned the favor with the same scoreline. Of course extra painful being a final and conceding two late goals -one a penalty in the dying seconds- but they're a tough team to play so credit to them. In fact, they're the only African team that keeps giving us a run for our money so I welcome the competition. We won the last 2 editions of the AFCON so now it's their time to shine. We take the next one in 2025.

2023 - The Results

2023ITNresults.png

Good results overall with plenty of goals all over. Well, except that loss in the biggest game of the season. Disappointed? A little bit. You never want to lose the biggest game, but we're getting the needed goals in for the challenge to get 5x 100 ITN so we're on schedule to end this well before the FFs reach a critical age.

2023 - Other Games

Spoiler

2023ITNgame4.png

2023ITNgame6.png

2023ITNgame5.png

From an Iwobi hat-trick to another "almost all FFs" on the scoresheet. No complaints. They'll keep doing what they're good at.

The Five Forwards

• Taiwo Awoniyi +4gls
Spoiler

2023ITNplayer3.png

Finally a 20-shooting for Mr. Liverpool. 'bout time. But it didn't result in a better season for him unfortunately. Only +4 ITN gls.

• Umar Sadiq +16gls
Spoiler

2023ITNplayer1.png

Sadiq was the man this year with a cracking +16 ITN gls. He's on fire at his beloved Barcelona. Will he reach the 100 first?

• Kelechi Iheanacho +13gls
Spoiler

2023ITNplayer4.png

Iheanacho made the most of his super speed netting a good +13 ITN gls. He's falling behind Sadiq tho. Will he get 100 first?

• Isaac Success +7gls
Spoiler

2023ITNplayer2.png

Success' season was on and off for Nigeria and AC Milan struggling with minor injuries but still getting a decent +7 ITN gls.

• Alex Iwobi +6gls
Spoiler

2023ITNplayer5.png

Iwobi remains playing his football in London despite the interest of Europe's giants. +6 ITN gls isn't the worst for a flank player.

In all this wasn't our best year but we pulled through. Losing the AFCON final was maybe my fault as I could've done my homework better. I knew we shouldn't have underestimated Morocco and I guess I did a little bit. They came out strong and we bit the dust. Complacency isn't uncommon when you beat the best and win the World Cup so it was another lesson learnt I suppose. As for the ITN goal production from our FFs: 16 games in 2023 and a combined total of 46. That's a very reasonable turnout and another leap closer to the finishline. The first Century of Goals is just around the corner for a couple of them now. Is it going to be Sadiq? Or is it going to be Iheanacho? The race is heating up and I'm looking forward to find out in 2024. See you there.

Thanks for reading and as always, opinions, comments, support, encouragements, or other related blabber appreciated. Cheers!

BatiGoal's African Adventure - 5x 100 ITN Goals - 116 games played

• 82/100 gls - Umar Sadiq
  • 77/100 gls - Kelechi Iheanacho
  • 62/100 gls - Taiwo Awoniyi
  • 58/100 gls - Isaac Success
  • 48/100 gls - Alex Iwobi
  • 327/500 - 163 remaining

You are killing this! Unlucky in the final, but the lads are getting there. My bet is on Sadiq continuing his fine form and stealing the big century first, great work BG!

The updates are flying in! That's another really strong season. Shame about the loss to Morocco but the point is to score goals so no complaints there! The confederations cup isn't in the game is it? I'm going to gamble on iheanacho returning to his previous form and hitting the 100 first!

5 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

You are killing this! Unlucky in the final, but the lads are getting there. My bet is on Sadiq continuing his fine form and stealing the big century first, great work BG!

Thanks McA :) Sadiq +1 vote.

2 hours ago, Mr.Manager said:

The updates are flying in! That's another really strong season. Shame about the loss to Morocco but the point is to score goals so no complaints there! The confederations cup isn't in the game is it? I'm going to gamble on iheanacho returning to his previous form and hitting the 100 first!

Thanks! I won the Confed Cup 2 seasons ago ;) Iheanacho +1 vote.

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

How do you feel a loss coming in the air? I need to develop this ability :O

Going great mate!

Imagine if @Ashez had that ability in his last save and kept resigning right before it happened. He would've been undefeated!

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

How do you feel a loss coming in the air? I need to develop this ability :O

Going great mate!

:laugh: I was going from game to game without any modifications to my tactics. Laziness. I took the saying "never change a winning team" litterally LOL

3 minutes ago, veerus said:

Imagine if @Ashez had that ability in his last save and kept resigning right before it happened. He would've been undefeated!

:laugh: too true!

Just got to keep keep chipping away mate, at least in a few seasons time you'll be able to drop one or two from the forward line. Not going to lie I really expected more from Iwobi

50 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Just got to keep keep chipping away mate, at least in a few seasons time you'll be able to drop one or two from the forward line. Not going to lie I really expected more from Iwobi

To his defence (and mine :) ) he's been playing on his lesser right flank all along to accommodate the team and the other FFs. However, just finished the latest season and placed him in his favorite FL spot in order to up his goals and catch up with the others. He did much better.

- 2024 -

Let's get another update underway. I'm not in a hurry to finish this challenge, quite the contrary I'm very much enjoying it still especially since we're really closing in on those Century of Goals now. But this year gave us a mere 10 ITN games, so it didn't take us long to wrap this baby up. Goal-wise..Good, result-wise..Perfect.

2024 - The Results

Spoiler

2024results.png

10 Games. 10 Wins. Not the best of opponents, ok, but you still gotta go out there and seal the deal. And that we did.

2024 - Best Games

Nigeria 7-1 South Africa

2024itngame1.png

An outstanding game for the lads. First ITN game of the year and we destroyed our opponents. Destroyed. With Iwobi, Awoniyi and Iheanacho all getting a brace in.

Nigeria 5-0 Guinea-Bissau

2024itngame2.png

A second Awoniyi brace and a very dominating show to give Guinea-Bissau absolutely no chance.

Nigeria 4-3 Togo

2024itngame3.png

This time Sadiq with a brace and a very late Awoniyi winner to keep our perfect run intact. Solid performance again.

Nigeria 5-4 South Africa

2024itngame4.png

Sadiq again with his brace of the night. An amazing fight back from 2-4 down and 3-4 after 90min. Equalizer seconds after to make it 4-4 and a very very late winner in the dying whispers to make it 5-4. Still running a perfect show..but not by much :)

Nigeria 5-1 Sierra Leone

2024itngame5.png

Another two braces for the guys. Success and Iheanacho this time. The Nigerian Machine is really delivering this year. Just a shame we only had 10 games to showcase our talent.

Morocco 2-6 Nigeria

2024itngame6.png

Revenge? No. We lost last year's AFCON Final to Morocco but that can never be reversed. So this is just a new year and a new game to prove ourselves. With history in mind (thus doing my homework this time) it feels great to wreak havoc on our rivals but it's got little to do with revenge. It's a win, a 10th win, and we're delighted to take the maximum out of 2024.

The Five Forwards

• Taiwo Awoniyi +7gls
Spoiler

2024itnplayer4.png

Awoniyi is probably going to see out his career at Liverpool. He's played well and scored well with +7 ITN gls out of 10 games.

• Umar Sadiq +5gls
Spoiler

2024itnplayer2.png

Sadiq is the man at Barcelona and adding another +5 ITN gls to his name he's the closest to the 100 ITN goals of the five.

• Kelechi Iheanacho +9gls
Spoiler

2024itnplayer5.png

Iheanacho did fantastic netting +9 ITN gls this year setting up a really close final with Sadiq for the honors of getting that Century first.

• Isaac Success +3gls
Spoiler

2024itfhunplayer1.png

Success had a poor year. He moved over to his lesser FR spot in order to accommodate Iwobi, which resulted in just +3 ITN gls.

• Alex Iwobi +10gls
Spoiler

2024itnplayer3.png

IF Iwobi is this year's winner with +10 ITN gls from the Left Flank. Awesome. His favorite FL spot has made a huge difference for him personally and he really needed those extra goals as he was falling a bit behind with his buddies. It's looking much better for him now to get the 100 in.

In all, a great season. We won everything, no major tournament or any cups but we downed every opponent and got our ITN goals in. Unfortunately only 10 games but still a fair 34 for the FFs combined. It may not be a record (which stand at 62gls in 22 games) but it's our best average. A little over 3gls/game so we did what we had to and will continue to do so in the coming years. We've got a big year coming up in 2025 starting with the AFCON early in the year followed by the Confed Cup in summer. There's definitely going to be more than 10 games for us so we need to keep this perfect winning streak up and possibly see 1 or maybe even 2 hitting that Century of ITN Goals by the end of 2025. It would subsequently mean a formation swap from this 2-2-1-5 to either a 4-2-4 or a 3-4-3 depending on how many of my Nigerian heroes hit that 100gl milestone. Can't wait to bring you next season.

Thanks for reading and please leave a comment or two for much needed support for these Five Forwards. See you in 2025. Cheers!

BatiGoal's African Adventure - 5x 100 ITN Goals - 126 games played

• 87/100 gls - Umar Sadiq
  • 86/100 gls - Kelechi Iheanacho
  • 69/100 gls - Taiwo Awoniyi
  • 61/100 gls - Isaac Success
  • 58/100 gls - Alex Iwobi
  • 361/500 - 139 remaining

A couple of great seasons there mate very impressive with all 5 still firing, looking forward to seeing how you do once you switch to a 4-2-4 which I'm predicting could be very soon.

5 hours ago, Brenty92 said:

I'm just gonna call it now, Sadiq and iheanacho to break 100 in the same calendar year! Great going again bud!

Thanks man, will do my best. 

4 hours ago, Mikee1984 said:

A couple of great seasons there mate very impressive with all 5 still firing, looking forward to seeing how you do once you switch to a 4-2-4 which I'm predicting could be very soon.

Thanks. The plan is to swap to 4-2-4 as soon as one of the five hits 100, unless Iheanacho and Sadiq cross the finishline together in which case we go straight to 3-4-3.

I can't wait for the switch as I think it's a more difficult transition than people think. You're not only dropping 1 or 2 strikers but your best 1 or 2. Removing them would be to instantly take 200 goals away from your attack while relying on the "worst 3" out of the 5. True the formation might be more stable but you're still removing 10 odd goals a season which is massive at ITN level, it'll be interesting to see if you can survive! 

47 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I can't wait for the switch as I think it's a more difficult transition than people think. You're not only dropping 1 or 2 strikers but your best 1 or 2. Removing them would be to instantly take 200 goals away from your attack while relying on the "worst 3" out of the 5. True the formation might be more stable but you're still removing 10 odd goals a season which is massive at ITN level, it'll be interesting to see if you can survive! 

Just finished the season and update will be up soon. Don't go anywhere ;) I can tell there WILL be a formation switch to 4-2-4 this season but it may not last very long. It's true removing my best 1 or 2 from the squad will weaken us considerably, but Iwobi has really stepped up his game since playing on his favorite left flank. What a difference playing on his better foot makes.

33 minutes ago, Cockers2505 said:

Wow doing brilliant @BatiGoal I think Sadiq will reach before iheanacho to be truthful, can't wait it see what happens if you do switch, things will hot up or take a drastic nose dive, good luck mate

Thanks. Tbh I never thought it would be such a tight race between these two. I thought there would be at least a 10-20gl gap between my Poacher Sadiq and Advanced Forward Iheanacho, but it kinda reminded me of Messi and Ronaldo trying to outclass, outscore, outperform, out everything eachother :)

- 2025 -

This is one of the updates I'm most looking forward to. The FFs did well, really well. They all smashed it individually but I want to see what kind of total numbers we're talking about. I thought last year would be our best season yet but we only got 10 ITN games and that was a big disappointment since our strikers we're peaking at 27-28yo. This year they're a little more experienced at 28-29yo but boy did they deliver during the 21 ITN games for the AFCON, Confed, WC qualifiers and friendlies. Below are the best games.

2025 - Nigeria 5

2025match6.png

Iwobi playing for the second season from the left flank and he is a monster IF. Hat-trick.

2025match7.png

Awoniyi had a stellar year as well and this time he seals the hat-trick very late in the game.

2025match5.png

Sadiq is the man of this match with a brace in a Confed group match against S.Korea.

2025match3.png

Iwobi and Success both with a brace in a friendly Vs Gambia. Iheanacho is slowly approaching his Century.

2025match4.png

A fine hat-trick from Man City man Iheanacho to bring his ITN total well over 90 goals.

2025match2.png

This was the craziest game of 2025 with Mother Luck on our side. We were so close to being knocked out by the S.Africans but we hung on and went on to win the AFCON for a 3rd time.

2025 - Nigeria 6

2025match8.png

A fantastic result but bitter disappointment having lost the earlier tie to Argentina AET (3-4) which resulted in us playing Mexico for the painful 3rd place play-off. So we failed to retain our Confed Cup title from 4 years ago.

2025 - Nigeria 7

2025match1.png

Our best result..or should I say score-line..came very early in 2025. Our first game of the year and we brought our A game. Sadiq didn't have a good game as he got injured and ended up missing a few AFCON games later on.

2025 - Nigeria Results

Spoiler

2025resultS.png

21 ITN games. 18W - 1D - 2L. Not a perfect list this time but still a lot of goals for the FFs. And that's all that matters really.

1st Century of Goals - Kelechi Iheanacho

Spoiler

IheaCG2.png

IheaCG1.png

There it is finally. Iheanacho on 99 ITN goals before walking onto the pitch to face Libya. After a good half an hour he decides it's enough and smashes a volley against the back of the net to make it 1-2. He is immediately subbed after scoring his 100th ITN goal and receives a standing ovation from the Nigerian crowd. After the game celebrations continue deep into the night. Iheanacho. Nigerian Legend.

Formation Switch 4-2-4

2025form424.png

The first Century of Goals is in and we are swapping the 2-2-1-5 for this 4-2-4 until the next Century of Goals is in. Iheanacho is thanked for his services -ITN retirement follows- and four forwards remain. It's Success, Awoniyi, Sadiq and Iwobi that form the frontline now and continue their hunt for 100 goals. Once the next one get the Century in we move on to the 3-4-3. Then follows the 2-striker formation 3-4-1-2 until 1 striker remains in a 4-4-1-1 hunting for the final Century and complete our quest to 500 ITN goals. But there's still work to be done before we cross that finishline.

Reminder

Spoiler

BatiGoal's Master Plan

Masterplan5new.png

Masterplan4new.png

Masterplan3new.png

Masterplan2new.png

Masterplan1new.png

The Five Forwards

• Taiwo Awoniyi +15gls
Spoiler

2025FF4.png

A great year for Awoniyi netting 15 goals. 84 total. 16 remain. Can our Liverpool man finish the job next year?

• Umar Sadiq +12gls
Spoiler

2025FF3.png

Solid year for Sadiq. He didn't miss a lot of games but struggled with injuries starting many games below 90%. Unfortunate as he could've easily scored the big 100 before Iheanacho. No worries as he stands on 99 and is only 1 goal away of legendary status.

• Kelechi Iheanacho +14gls
Spoiler

2025FF1.png

100 ITN goals for Iheanacho. Unlike the other four forwards, who had 0 ITN goals to their name, Iheanacho had 2 at the start of this challenge. So under my management he's scored exactly 100. Thank you Kelechi. Enjoy your retirement. :)

• Isaac Success +11gls
Spoiler

2025FF5.png

Success had an OK year playing from the right flank again and despite his weaker foot he still managed a respectable 11 ITN goals.

• Alex Iwobi +21gls
Spoiler

2025FF2.png

Monster Iwobi. Favorite flank. Favorite foot. Smashed 21 ITN goals in 21 ITN games as an IF. This year was definitely his year. One of the best performances of an Inside Forward in any of my careers this year. from 58 to 79 goals. Massive leap.

A great year. 2025 saw Iheanacho reach his Century of ITN Goals before anyone else but with Sadiq very close behind on 99. We played the last 2 games of the year in a 4-2-4 formation where Sadiq netted a couple of extra goals to end his total just 1 short. This means that we'll be starting the year 2026 with the 4-2-4 but will need to switch to a 3-4-3 as soon as Sadiq gets his 100th in. The rest isn't too far off as well and if Awoniyi (84 gls) manages to have another great year during World Cup 2026 we may see him too reach the 100 next year. The two IFs are obviously still catching up with the 3 strikers but have done a great job in not letting themselves slip too far behind the center forwards.

As for 2025, we scored a combined total of 73 ITN goals in 21 games. We smashed our previous record that stood on 62 goals in 22 games. This Nigerian Machine is scary. A little bitter sweet tbh that Iheanacho plays no longer part in this squad and Sadiq will follow pretty soon but that means that the remaining forwards have less competition up front and a bit more time and space to get their own 100 in. I'm well ahead of schedule and I can't really see any problems in getting the job done. I'm pretty confident at this point and it isn't a question IF but WHEN we complete this challenge. Can't wait for 2026 and get the next Century in.

Thanks for reading and get those comments, support and love for Nigeria in. Cheers!

BatiGoal's African Adventure - 5x 100 ITN Goals - 147 games played

• 100/100 gls - Kelechi Iheanacho *completed*
  • 99/100 gls - Umar Sadiq
  • 84/100 gls - Taiwo Awoniyi
  • 79/100 gls - Alex Iwobi
  • 72/100 gls - Isaac Success
  • 434/500 - 66 remaining

Wow what a year that was mate, and big congrats on your first Nigerian warrior making that century.  I remember saying Iwobi wouldn't let you down and boy he delivered this year. Keep up the good work.

Mate I was 1 goal off calling it ? God damn you Sadiq!

massive year for Iwobi! 

Congratulations on iheanacho reaching the century!

You're playing Iwobi on the right as the IF, correct?

I thought the conventional wisdom was to play the IFs on the opposite side so they can cut in and shoot with their favorite foot ala Robben?

I personally haven't paid enough attention to that this year but I would've expected you to play him on the left since you have the option of both sides. 

What was that, i called it? 

What a cracking year that was, this is seriously making me want to play an international save on Vibe, might have to start some ideas up. Excellent work make, I'm going to go a little out of the ordinary and say that Iwobi will keep up his current production and bury the next century after Sadiq. 

8 hours ago, Mikee1984 said:

Wow what a year that was mate, and big congrats on your first Nigerian warrior making that century.  I remember saying Iwobi wouldn't let you down and boy he delivered this year. Keep up the good work.

Yeah, you did say that. The 5th forward to complete the group was between flanker Iwobi and 17yo Oshimen. They both had things going for them, Iwobi his versatility and Oshimen his age. Glad I went with the Gunner.

7 hours ago, Brenty92 said:

Mate I was 1 goal off calling it ? God damn you Sadiq!

massive year for Iwobi! 

Congratulations on iheanacho reaching the century!

Thanks. If it weren't for those little knocks he was constantly struggling with and starting majority of games at 80-90% he'd definitely had beaten Iheanacho to the honors.

7 hours ago, veerus said:

You're playing Iwobi on the right as the IF, correct?

I thought the conventional wisdom was to play the IFs on the opposite side so they can cut in and shoot with their favorite foot ala Robben?

He played from the left flank in the 2-2-1-5 set up. I only moved him to the right in the 4-2-4 because Success was falling behind in goal production. So 19 games on FL and 2 on FR.

The difference is huge. Playing on his "wrong" foot (right flank) earlier in the challenge he struggled to get 10gls in. On his "better" foot (left flank) he easily doubled that production. But.. I have to note that he's in his peak right now and when playing from the right 3-5 seasons ago he wasn't.

6 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

What was that, i called it? 

What a cracking year that was, this is seriously making me want to play an international save on Vibe, might have to start some ideas up. Excellent work make, I'm going to go a little out of the ordinary and say that Iwobi will keep up his current production and bury the next century after Sadiq. 

Thanks, ITN careers can be fun with the right challenges ahead.

Not sure about your bold prediction :) we're soon switching to 3- 2- and 1-striker formations which feature no flank players. A challenge for Iwobi which is why I'm delighted to see him near the 80-goal mark. This was definitely one of my main worries at the start of the journey.

2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

He played from the left flank in the 2-2-1-5 set up. I only moved him to the right in the 4-2-4 because Success was falling behind in goal production. So 19 games on FL and 2 on FR.

The difference is huge. Playing on his "wrong" foot (right flank) earlier in the challenge he struggled to get 10gls in. On his "better" foot (left flank) he easily doubled that production. But.. I have to note that he's in his peak right now and when playing from the right 3-5 seasons ago he wasn't.

So wait - most of his goals came as the IF on the left? (so he's cutting inside to shoot w/ his right?)  Guess I got confused by the formation you posted in the last update.  Carry on. :) 

33 minutes ago, veerus said:

So wait - most of his goals came as the IF on the left? (so he's cutting inside to shoot w/ his right?)  Guess I got confused by the formation you posted in the last update.  Carry on. :) 

No worries. Yes, he's a far better performer from the left. But I've been alternating the two as they both prefer playing on FL which has made this challenge a little tricky. There simply weren't any good IFs with a left foot for the FR spot to choose from at the start.

Fantastic season dude, 70+ goals in 21 games is a huge amount, and Iwobi (who I've always thought was a great little IF showed how good he could be, well done getting Iheanacho to the 100 mark and Sadiq only 1 away, then things can get interesting, only hope you get another good season of games next year

That was a pretty spectacular update! So many goals! Congrats on completing stage one and you've done so much damage this run things look soon to be ending!!