Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career 500 International BatiGoals

8 hours ago, Taff said:

Fantastic season dude, 70+ goals in 21 games is a huge amount, and Iwobi (who I've always thought was a great little IF showed how good he could be, well done getting Iheanacho to the 100 mark and Sadiq only 1 away, then things can get interesting, only hope you get another good season of games next year

With the World Cup on our calendar that shouldn't be a problem, thanks mate!

4 hours ago, Ashez said:

That was a pretty spectacular update! So many goals! Congrats on completing stage one and you've done so much damage this run things look soon to be ending!!

Thanks. yeah, one of the better seasons, progress-wise, I've ever made. Now I just need to see it thru.

Great work, especially Iwobi (was worried about him). Going to be real interesting to see how the team adjust to losing Iheanacho. More goals for the rest of them? Or less goals overall now the balance and formation have changed? My money is on more goals for the rest of them! 

BTW, I picked up Success in my Second Chance career and he looks pretty good (but of course not getting much game time behind Armstrong).

5 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Great work, especially Iwobi (was worried about him). Going to be real interesting to see how the team adjust to losing Iheanacho. More goals for the rest of them? Or less goals overall now the balance and formation have changed? My money is on more goals for the rest of them! 

BTW, I picked up Success in my Second Chance career and he looks pretty good (but of course not getting much game time behind Armstrong).

Thanks, mate. The formation switch has had an impact on the players.. first the 4-2-4 but with Sadiq only needing a single goal we quickly moved on to the 3-4-3. Well, we survived the season :) Update coming up..

500 International BatiGoals

- 2026 -

We started this challenge in 2016 and we're already in 2026. A decade into this career and we're nearing the end. I expected to need somewhere between 12-15 seasons but we're a little ahead of schedule. No complaints there of course from me. With Kelechi Iheanacho being the first to get his 100 ITN goals let's see how the other four fared and especially Umar Sadiq who ended last season on 99 ITN goals. Piece of cake of course :)

2nd Century of Goals - Umar Sadiq

Spoiler

2026Sadiq100.png

2026Sadiq100th.png

And there it is. As the commentator said..a sublime finish from Sadiq to get his 100th ITN goal. Sadiq follows Iheanacho's footsteps. Immediately subbed off for a well-deserved ITN retirement. Job done. Nigeria welcomes a 2nd hero in Sadiq!!

Formation Switch 3-4-3

2026formation343.png

The 4-2-4 is quickly transformed into a 3-4-3 with just minor changes tbh. Left and right flanks drop to midfield to become Wingers and form a 4-man midfield, which is sandwiched between a 3-man def and 3-man frontline. The latter of course consisting of the remaining 3 forwards Iwobi, Awoniyi and Success. And the player roles are simple. The fastest of the three becomes the AF, the best shooter the P and the other one a CF or DLF. We'll tweak as we go.

2026 - World Cup 2nd Round vs Holland

2026WCa.png

And then there was the World Cup of course. Group games were easy enough, despite the current 3-4-3 which the team needed to adapt to. And look who came to the rescue, my good friend R.Bazoer. My 250+ goal-scoring BPD. So glad he remembered me and returned the favor to help me out. Couldn't be happier with his OG as we were struggling to get past The Dutchies :)

2026 - World Cup Q-final vs Spain

2026WCb.png

Spain followed and Awoniyi's hat-trick destroyed Spain. Outplayed by a mile and we deservedly make it to the next round this time.

2026 - World Cup S-final vs Germany

2026WCd.png

A supposedly easy win turned into a nightmare almost. Tough Germans stood their ground for 120min but had to capitulate in the end. We're the holders and we have every intention to retain our WC title and be once again the best of the world.

2026 - World Cup Final vs Portugal

2026WCc.png

But our fairytale ends at the hands of Portugal. TBh we haven't really felt comfortable yet with this 3-4-3 but I expected us to have enough quality to win this final. Portugal are a worldclass team tho and making it to the WC final is no shame. We won it 4 years ago and are runners-up today. It's tough failing to retain our Confed Cup title and now WC title but the boys can be proud of themselves, despite losing two consecutive finals. Football is a tough sport sometimes.

2026 - Other Games

Spoiler

2026games2.png

2026games3.png

2026games1.png

Other games we're OK and we started to feel more and more comfortable in our 3-4-3. More goals for the 3 forwards.

2026 - The Results

2026ITNresultss.png

Not perfect but pretty good nonetheless. It's no 2-2-1-5 TKO-like results and scorelines but we did well. The red loss in the biggest game of the year motivates us to improve ourselves and do better in 2027 where the AFCON is awaiting us.

The Five Forwards

• Taiwo Awoniyi +12gls
Spoiler

2026ITNplayer2.png

A great season for Awoniyi. Playing as a CF he's done ever so well scoring +12 ITN goals and climbing up to 96 goals. Close!!

• Umar Sadiq +1gl
Spoiler

2026ITNplayer1.png

Sadiq needed just 1 so he can now fully focus and his club career at Barcelona. Umar Sadiq. Nigerian Legend.

• Kelechi Iheanacho *completed*
Spoiler

2026ITNplayer3.png

Iheanacho hasn't featured in any ITN games of course but was part of the group for guidance and support.

• Isaac Success +9gls
Spoiler

2026ITNplayer4.png

A pretty good year for Success getting +9 ITN goals as a Poacher and climbing to 81 gls. Only 19 remain for Mr. AC Milan.

• Alex Iwobi +3gls
Spoiler

2026ITNplayer5.png

Iwobi struggled big time. He does exceptionally well in his favored FL spot as an IF but anything other than than and he's rubbish..or..I'm rubbish for not getting more out of him :) As per BatiGoal's Masterplan he *must* play as a (competent) striker and see this challenge thru but he's litterally crawling to the finishline at this point. I need to tweak his player role but can't really make it work for him yet. It's a challenge in itself but he's on 82 ITN goals and I'm confident I have enough time to get the remaining 18 in for this Gunner.

In all, a good year. Sadiq completed his Century and Awoniyi isn't too far off. Surely Awoniyi gets his 4 goals next year and then it's a race to the finishline between Success and Iwobi in a 3-4-1-2 formation. I need to make it click between this pair before injuries or ageing starts to become a factor. That I really do not want so I'm hoping to have this wrapped up by then. Hopefully in 2-3 seasons before we hit 2030. What do you guys think? Is this in the bag or am I in for a battle against time?

Thanks for reading and any comments, support, love, encouraging blabber appreciated. Cheers!

BatiGoal's African Adventure - 5x 100 ITN Goals - 162 games played

• 100/100 gls - Kelechi Iheanacho *completed*
  • 100/100 gls - Umar Sadiq *completed*
  • 96/100 gls - Taiwo Awoniyi
  • 82/100 gls - Alex Iwobi
  • 81/100 gls - Isaac Success
  • 459/500 - 41 remaining

You are so close mate, I think you could do this in 2 or so years. Nice to see Bazoer returning the favour ;) My bet is on Success now after Awoniyi, but will be interesting to watch. 

1 hour ago, mcandrew003 said:

You are so close mate, I think you could do this in 2 or so years. Nice to see Bazoer returning the favour ;) My bet is on Success now after Awoniyi, but will be interesting to watch. 

Yeah great to see a glimpse of Bazoer :) and would love to seal the deal in the next 2 seasons altho I'm still very much enjoying this journey.

Fantastic mate 2 down 3 to go and so close with Awoniyi now then switching to a two striker formation with two natural IF's up front will be the challenge 

FMM sure can create the most romantic storylines with Bazoer helping you overcome Holland ?

2 more years and this will finally be completed! My guess is success will finish first, halfway through 2028 and Iwobi in the penultimate game of the season ??

Congrats on getting another one done but shame about the final. Tbh I'd have been tempted to keep Iwobi or/and success as ISF's so any reason why you never? The role is so OP it's worth abusing and could have seen the central striker finished off maybe. 

8 hours ago, Taff said:

Fantastic mate 2 down 3 to go and so close with Awoniyi now then switching to a two striker formation with two natural IF's up front will be the challenge 

It will. Can't wait for the added challenge tbh. Thanks mate.

7 hours ago, Brenty92 said:

FMM sure can create the most romantic storylines with Bazoer helping you overcome Holland ?

2 more years and this will finally be completed! My guess is Success will finish first, halfway through 2028 and Iwobi in the penultimate game of the season ??

The romance FMM's been adding to some of the careers here is becoming more evident. Do completed careers actually have a lasting emotional effect on players that carries over to new careers? :) thanks mate!

5 hours ago, Ashez said:

Congrats on getting another one done but shame about the final. Tbh I'd have been tempted to keep Iwobi or/and success as ISF's so any reason why you never? The role is so OP it's worth abusing and could have seen the central striker finished off maybe. 

Understand, but can't deviate from my Masterplan. Not so master maybe hehe. Just a fun element to have pre-selected formations. Requires a bit of planning on what type of players and roles to use before switching to new set ups. 

Those forwards can't play on the flank but flankers can play central so it was an easy call formation-wise. Also makes me wonder how good yellow/competent really is.

32 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

Great work and as others have said, great to see Bazoer helping out. Warms the heart! 2 seasons to go I reckon.

Thanks. It does add that little something, and it's nice to see a familiar face make a brief appearance after a decade in. But it isn't particularly smooth sailing in 2027. Strong backline, none conceded thus far in 6, but few scored on the other side, I'd sign for only 2 more seasons :)

7 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Do completed careers actually have a lasting emotional effect on players that carries over to new careers? :)

I like to think so ??

Called it on Iheanacho finishing first! Just caught up on the last few updates - amazing progress! Really great work. The only worry now is whether Iwobi will continue to struggle in the central positions. Surely with pens and free kicks you'll get there eventually though...

- 2027 -

With Iheanacho and Sadiq already enjoying ITN retirement let's see how the remaining three did in 2027, and in particular Awoniyi who was only 4 short of his 100 ITN goals. A bit of a slow start with the 3-4-3 and goals were running thin on both ends of the pitch. The back proved a solid Nigerian wall this year with 11 clean sheets in 15 games. That's very nice of course but I'm more interested in getting my forwards their Centuries in so we need goals. Let's have a look..

2027 - AFCON final

2027AFCONfinal.png

Our 4th AFCON title in 7 attempts. Not the most exciting game but we got the Cup + Awoniyi his 99th ITN goal.

3rd Century of Goals - Taiwo Awoniyi

Spoiler

2027Awoniyi1.png

2027Awoniyi2.png

And there it is. 100 goals for Awoniyi. Didn't quite see how it dropped in but it's his and the Nigerian crowd explodes with joy. Our 3rd Nigerian Legends is subbed off and joins Iheanacho and Sadiq in the Hall of Fame.

Formation Switch 3-4-1-2

2027Form3412.png

With 3 strikers on 100 goals it's now up to the remaining 2, Success and Iwobi to follow suit in this 3-4-1-2 formation. No major changes. It's simply a striker who drops a line behind the 2 strikers covering the AMC spot as an AP.

2027 - Other Games

Spoiler

2027ITNgame5.png

2027ITNgame1.png

2027ITNgame6.png

2027ITNgame7.png

2027ITNgame4.png

2027ITNgame2.png

2027ITNgame3.png

Some good games from the lads towards the end of the year, inlcuding two braces for Success and one for Iwobi. Success is the more clinical of the pair so he got the Poacher suit on and Iwobi is the pacier one so he was responsible for everything that AFs need to carry out up front.

The Five Forwards

• Taiwo Awoniyi +4gls
Spoiler

2027Ptwo.png

With the +4 goals Awoniyi got this year he finally completes his 100 ITN goals. Another Nigerian Legend joins the 100 club!

• Umar Sadiq *completed*
Spoiler

2027Pfour.png

Sadiq had a quiet ITN year with zero games and zero goals. This man has nothing to prove anymore and is enjoying ITN retirement.

• Kelechi Iheanacho *completed*
Spoiler

2027Pthree.png

Same can be said for Iheanacho. He's done his country proud and remains part of the group for support and guidance.

• Isaac Success +11gls
Spoiler

2027Pfive.png

Pretty good year for Success netting +11 goals. Only 8 remain for our AC Milan man. Can he do it next year?

• Alex Iwobi +9gls
Spoiler

2027Pone.png

Iwobi gets +9 as an AF and another 9 are needed to seal his Century deal. Can he complete the 100 in 2028?

In all, a good year. 2027 saw Awoniyi complete his own little challenge and become the 3rd of 5 forwards to score 100 ITN goals. Numbers 4 and 5 are on 8 and 9 goals for the big number. Could they both get the 100 in next year or will one of them come just short and perhaps need another year in a 4-4-1-1 formation to find the remaining goals and wrap the ITN challenge up? I don't have the answers for you yet but I can't wait to see what the coming year is going to bring our two remaining Nigerian friends.

Thanks for reading and all supportive comments, love and feedback welcome as always. Cheers and see you in 2028! :)

BatiGoal's African Adventure - 5x 100 ITN Goals - 177 games played

• 100/100 gls - Taiwo Awoniyi *completed*
  • 92/100 gls - Isaac Success
  • 91/100 gls - Alex Iwobi
  • 483/500 - 17 remaining
5 minutes ago, Mr.Manager said:

Called it on Iheanacho finishing first! Just caught up on the last few updates - amazing progress! Really great work. The only worry now is whether Iwobi will continue to struggle in the central positions. Surely with pens and free kicks you'll get there eventually though...

Thanks and yeah, you called it right indeed. Looking at the latest update Iwobi is doing alright in his not so favored position. ;)

Awesome year! Congrats on the AFCON win and getting Awoniyi to his century, going with Success for the century! Loving the structure of these updates aswell, nice work BG.

11 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

Awesome year! Congrats on the AFCON win and getting Awoniyi to his century, going with Success for the century! Loving the structure of these updates aswell, nice work BG.

Thanks mate. I'll be putting Iwobi on penalty duty but I agree Success seems the more comfortable of the two in the strikers position.

11 hours ago, Mr.Manager said:

It's so close now! I'd be surprised if you didn't manage to seal the deal next season...

Ohh.. pressure. Lots of added pressure..

9 hours ago, Brenty92 said:

Sticking to my guns, Success will get over the line first and then Iwobi, both next year! 

I'll do my best to not disappoint ;)

4 hours ago, Idol said:

Brilliant work Bati, hopefully you'll be able to rattle that off in a year! 

Thanks for the comments guys. Hopefully I'll need one last season to wrap this up.

So close now! I pick Success to make it next, although it would be sort of poetic for him to be last ("There it is! Success!) Hope you can wrap it up next year - although that has been pretty quick hasn't it, I was expecting it to take longer!

3 hours ago, scratch99 said:

So close now! I pick Success to make it next, although it would be sort of poetic for him to be last ("There it is! Success!) Hope you can wrap it up next year - although that has been pretty quick hasn't it, I was expecting it to take longer!

I did expect more difficulties altho we're not there yet. The new generation of Nigerians have been solid as we struggled to find decent GKs and Defs at the start of the challenge. Glad we got quality in those areas as we progressed or we'd been in trouble for sure.

Congrats mate! The finish line is in sight and thankfully you won't be using a two up top for long! Always hated playing two strikers as for some reason it's hardest system to balance/get consistent IMO on the game. 

5 hours ago, Ashez said:

Congrats mate! The finish line is in sight and thankfully you won't be using a two up top for long! Always hated playing two strikers as for some reason it's hardest system to balance/get consistent IMO on the game. 

Thanks. You're right about two up top and add the fact that one of 'em doesn't even want to play there :S will try to wrap it up asap.

Big congrats dude, well done on another ACON title and getting your 3rd striker to 100, I'm going against the grain and saying Iwobi will be the next just pipping Success to the 100

On 2017-6-15 at 05:07, scratch99 said:

This is brilliant and would make such a fitting end "there it is his 100 goal and BG completes the challenge, SUCCESS"

24 minutes ago, Taff said:

Big congrats dude, well done on another ACON title and getting your 3rd striker to 100, I'm going against the grain and saying Iwobi will be the next just pipping Success to the 100

This is brilliant and would make such a fitting end "there it is his 100 goal and BG completes the challenge, SUCCESS"

Sigh.. it would mate.. it would.. update coming up..

- 2028 -

Ok guys, well, this is 2028 and I expected this to be our last year. Iheanacho got his Century first. Sadiq followed as second. Awoniyi entered as third. And then there were two remaining forwards; Success and Iwobi needing 8 and 9 ITN goals respectively. Was this our last year? Let's find out..

2028 - vs USA

2028c.png

A good performance from the boys and Success got his goal in. Iwobi unfortunate with a disallowed goal.

2028 - vs Rwanda

2028d.png

Another 3-0 win for the Nigerians, despite playing an hour with 10 men, and this time both forwards on the scoresheet.

2028 - The Results

2028e.png

Not a good start to the year with draws vs Portugal and Angola but Success and Iwobi both got their goals in. At that point the ITN tally stood on 93 for Iwobi and 95 for Success. The hundred is only a few games away now. After the Rwanda game in June we entered a brandnew season where I fully expected to wrap this challenge up. Players were playing well in the 3-4-1-2 formation, a nice fresh batch of Nigerians appeared in the market for needed reinforcements, and the remainder of the 2028 fixtures list looked pretty with easy-to-beat opponents for this Nigerian Machine. It was only going to be a matter of time before Success would hit his 100 goals, and we'd switch to the 4-4-1-1 and Iwobi would then be expected to hit his own 100 ITN goals. Yes.. it really was only going to be a matter of time..

..we enter a new season.. we pass June and all looking great.. we pass July and the squad looks healthy.. I'm looking ahead at Seychelles.. that's going to be an easy game. Definitely expecting both fellas on the scoresheet there, If I'm lucky I'll even see a brace or a hat-trick there.. we enter August and can't wait to get the last few goals in.. the 30th arrives.. matchday.. I set up my squad, regular first 11 are ready for kick-off.. HOLD ON!! where's my 11th?? I see 10 players only? There's a vacant FC spot. WTF?? Ohhh.. this just can't be real!!! This just did NOT happen... SIGH! man. This sucks.

BatiGoal's African Adventure - 5x 100 ITN Goals - 185 games played

• 100/100 gls - Taiwo Awoniyi *completed*
  • 100/100 gls - Alex Iwobi *completed*
  • 95/100 gls - Isaac Success *retired*
  • 495/500 - 5 remaining

BatiGoal

Spoiler

2028a.png

2028b.png

Yes, you saw that right. Success -for crying out loud- RETIRED from the game. He's a goner. 32 years old and 5 months. He decided that it was time to hang up his boots and end his FMM career on 95 ITN goals. Sweet Jesus!!! This challenge was so in the bag, way ahead of schedule, or so I falsely thought, but it's come to an abrupt end. Success has had enough and he's no longer in the game. Huge disappointment. I was looking forward to completing this challenge this weekend but it wasn't to be. After the double Viking Challenge failure I needed some success here but Success screwed me. I decided to play on another extra few games with Iwobi in a 4-4-1-1 formation to get his 100 in but it's nothing but a consolation. So this ITN challenge ends in 495 ITN goals. 5 short. A failure! :'(

Nothing more to say I guess. A big big thank you for following me during this African Adventure everyone. It was a fun experience nonetheless and even more so with a great group of followers here on Vibe. You guys make every career so much more enjoyable so a huge thanks to all of you. And lastly.. sorry for not bringing this one home. I was confident I would, but FMM threw a GIGANTIC curveball my way and it knocked me straight off my feet.

I hope I'll get the next one. I guess I have to having failed twice now.

Cheers!