Jump to content
FMM Vibe
BatiGoal

Career 500 International BatiGoals

Recommended Posts

500 International BatiGoals

- 2028 -

 

Ok guys, well, this is 2028 and I expected this to be our last year. Iheanacho got his Century first. Sadiq followed as second. Awoniyi entered as third. And then there were two remaining forwards; Success and Iwobi needing 8 and 9 ITN goals respectively. Was this our last year? Let's find out..

 

2028 - vs USA

2028c.png

A good performance from the boys and Success got his goal in. Iwobi unfortunate with a disallowed goal.

2028 - vs Rwanda

2028d.png

Another 3-0 win for the Nigerians, despite playing an hour with 10 men, and this time both forwards on the scoresheet.

 

2028 - The Results

2028e.png

Not a good start to the year with draws vs Portugal and Angola but Success and Iwobi both got their goals in. At that point the ITN tally stood on 93 for Iwobi and 95 for Success. The hundred is only a few games away now. After the Rwanda game in June we entered a brandnew season where I fully expected to wrap this challenge up. Players were playing well in the 3-4-1-2 formation, a nice fresh batch of Nigerians appeared in the market for needed reinforcements, and the remainder of the 2028 fixtures list looked pretty with easy-to-beat opponents for this Nigerian Machine. It was only going to be a matter of time before Success would hit his 100 goals, and we'd switch to the 4-4-1-1 and Iwobi would then be expected to hit his own 100 ITN goals. Yes.. it really was only going to be a matter of time..

..we enter a new season.. we pass June and all looking great.. we pass July and the squad looks healthy.. I'm looking ahead at Seychelles.. that's going to be an easy game. Definitely expecting both fellas on the scoresheet there, If I'm lucky I'll even see a brace or a hat-trick there.. we enter August and can't wait to get the last few goals in.. the 30th arrives.. matchday.. I set up my squad, regular first 11 are ready for kick-off.. HOLD ON!! where's my 11th?? I see 10 players only? There's a vacant FC spot. WTF?? Ohhh.. this just can't be real!!! This just did NOT happen... SIGH! man. This sucks.

 

BatiGoal's African Adventure - 5x 100 ITN Goals - 185 games played

  • 100/100 gls - Kelechi Iheanacho *completed*
  • 100/100 gls - Umar Sadiq *completed*
  • 100/100 gls - Taiwo Awoniyi *completed*
  • 100/100 gls - Alex Iwobi *completed*
  • 95/100 gls - Isaac Success *retired*
  • 495/500 - 5 remaining

 

BatiGoal

Spoiler

2028a.png

2028b.png

 

Yes, you saw that right. Success -for crying out loud- RETIRED from the game. He's a goner. 32 years old and 5 months. He decided that it was time to hang up his boots and end his FMM career on 95 ITN goals. Sweet Jesus!!! This challenge was so in the bag, way ahead of schedule, or so I falsely thought, but it's come to an abrupt end. Success has had enough and he's no longer in the game. Huge disappointment. I was looking forward to completing this challenge this weekend but it wasn't to be. After the double Viking Challenge failure I needed some success here but Success screwed me. I decided to play on another extra few games with Iwobi in a 4-4-1-1 formation to get his 100 in but it's nothing but a consolation. So this ITN challenge ends in 495 ITN goals. 5 short. A failure! :'(

Nothing more to say I guess. A big big thank you for following me during this African Adventure everyone. It was a fun experience nonetheless and even more so with a great group of followers here on Vibe. You guys make every career so much more enjoyable so a huge thanks to all of you. And lastly.. sorry for not bringing this one home. I was confident I would, but FMM threw a GIGANTIC curveball my way and it knocked me straight off my feet.

I hope I'll get the next one. I guess I have to having failed twice now.

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn it! FMM likes to lull you in to a false sense of security to make you forget that these things happen and then BAM! Unlucky dude it was a great journey nonetheless! Look out for his regen and get the other 5 that way 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sorry but I LOL'd. I think we should count this as a success since someone with a cool name like that should count for a free 5 goals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

download.jpg.4a8aaa65335d21829867f7d2c3a195e6.jpg

Mate there is nothing to say, nothing to console you, that has to be the shittest way for FMM to screw you over

But none the less, well done 495 is nothing to sniff at, but that is little help when you came so close

59442b0872ef5_download(1).jpg.4019057ba9296dd8e9e847d6c62afec6.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Brenty92 said:

Damn it! FMM likes to lull you in to a false sense of security to make you forget that these things happen and then BAM! Unlucky dude it was a great journey nonetheless! Look out for his regen and get the other 5 that way 😂

The guy won't even get as much as a regen. He's NOT a Nigerian legend. He isn't a winner like I am lol thanks for the comment, mate.

8 hours ago, veerus said:

I am sorry but I LOL'd. I think we should count this as a success since someone with a cool name like that should count for a free 5 goals.

Misleading name you mean :)

6 hours ago, Taff said:

download.jpg.4a8aaa65335d21829867f7d2c3a195e6.jpg

Mate there is nothing to say, nothing to console you, that has to be the shittest way for FMM to screw you over

But none the less, well done 495 is nothing to sniff at, but that is little help when you came so close

59442b0872ef5_download(1).jpg.4019057ba9296dd8e9e847d6c62afec6.jpg

Thanks mate. My cakes got that cherry on top but this one gotta do without..

8 hours ago, samhardy said:

You're shite at this game!

Hehe! I started the year great with a successful 1KC and 250+ with a def but the collection of failures are starting to pile up and overshadow my flying start to 2017. I'm afraid I have to agree with you lol.

5 hours ago, Thepremiermanager said:

Mate that was brutal! 

Fantastic achievement getting so close though and we all know you would have smashed it.

I think I could but there's no proof to show for. FMM definitely got the last laugh on this one. Thanks mate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't ready for this this morning! Absolutely gutted for you, what a load of crap. Just another example of missing features in the ITN side of the game as being able to request they hang around would have seen this done. 

While this is a lesson to us all that all saves are on a knife edge you achieved a lot and this was a great save to follow, this ending will likely make it way more memorable too in the long run but damn this stings! If this happened to me I'd be done with the game so I hope you manage to bounce back mate! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh man, that's brutal! This was by far one of the most enjoyable saves to follow this year, and I can't imagine what you are feeling right now! Thanks for sharing this journey with us anyway dude, hope you bounce back! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ashez said:

I wasn't ready for this this morning! Absolutely gutted for you, what a load of crap. Just another example of missing features in the ITN side of the game as being able to request they hang around would have seen this done. 

While this is a lesson to us all that all saves are on a knife edge you achieved a lot and this was a great save to follow, this ending will likely make it way more memorable too in the long run but damn this stings! If this happened to me I'd be done with the game so I hope you manage to bounce back mate! 

It's been approx. 24h and I think I'm recovered from the ordeal now lol altho I wouldn't be surprised if this caused a lasting FMM trauma :S

Joking aside, it was quite a shock as I never saw it coming. Will definitely keep this slap in the face in mind like forever when estimating the expected time for future challenges. I've had players retire at 32-33yo before but it isn't common + as you mentioned we have the option to extend players' careers on club level. 

4 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

Oh man, that's brutal! This was by far one of the most enjoyable saves to follow this year, and I can't imagine what you are feeling right now! Thanks for sharing this journey with us anyway dude, hope you bounce back! 

I was speechless for a good few seconds tbh hehe and I immediately started thinking where I could've done better. Maybe get the older players to score 100 first but they were all about the same age so.. just a chunk of badluck. Don't think I could've done much better but it wasn't good enough apparently. The longer I keep talking about it the shittier I feel :@

Thanks for the comments!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was he playing often at club level or did he just disappear out the blue? It's made me hesitant about a few of my ideas in truth as I've been looking a few older players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ashez said:

Was he playing often at club level or did he just disappear out the blue? It's made me hesitant about a few of my ideas in truth as I've been looking a few older players. 

He spent his last year as a sub at AC Milan. He'd been a regular prior to that. His attributes took a big hit during his "bench" period with only one green left after that season, but didn't expect him to ruin my challenge after just a year on the sidelines.

Not too common and we do have the option to prolong their careers and keep their attr. from deteriorating too rapidly on club level but certainly something to keep in mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:O

Now your comment about Armstrong makes sense... 

I'm a bit stunned by this, was not expecting that. Gutted for you. I had been thinking about doing a 250 goal international career, but hadn't even considered that you don't get to make sure they are playing regularly and you don't get to talk them out of retirement. 

Sorry mate. Can't wait to see what you do next though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow that's a kick in the balls. I think next time you should definitely be the club coach and buy them all :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't say I'm awfully surprised you failed. The chance that you would've scored those last 5 goals, even if he hadn't retired, was close to nill, if we're both honest.

All the crazyness on a stick, you did a tremendous job, it's a real shame you should fail because of some technicality (the technicality being that the player is throwing his money around on some party island)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah mate, that is such a shame. I'm sure you're coming to terms with it now but I don't think any of us will be able to look at Success in the same way again... Still, in my eyes you we're clearly going to get the job done. Chalk this one down as a moral victory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, scratch99 said:

:O

Now your comment about Armstrong makes sense... 

I'm a bit stunned by this, was not expecting that. Gutted for you. I had been thinking about doing a 250 goal international career, but hadn't even considered that you don't get to make sure they are playing regularly and you don't get to talk them out of retirement. 

Sorry mate. Can't wait to see what you do next though...

Thanks mate, just got an FMM trauma for life, nothing major :) Next journey may be an experiment.

7 hours ago, Idol said:

Wow that's a kick in the balls. I think next time you should definitely be the club coach and buy them all :( 

Yes. If time becomes an issue definitely get into club management once the 30 comes up. 

6 hours ago, Jens said:

Can't say I'm awfully surprised you failed. The chance that you would've scored those last 5 goals, even if he hadn't retired, was close to nill, if we're both honest.

All the crazyness on a stick, you did a tremendous job, it's a real shame you should fail because of some technicality (the technicality being that the player is throwing his money around on some party island)

If there was a way to ruin this man's party I would :@

5 hours ago, Mr.Manager said:

Ah mate, that is such a shame. I'm sure you're coming to terms with it now but I don't think any of us will be able to look at Success in the same way again... Still, in my eyes you we're clearly going to get the job done. Chalk this one down as a moral victory.

I don't think I did too much wrong tbh so yeah it kinda feels like a win but the trophy's been stolen from the trophy room :D

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now




×