Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mcandrew003

mcandrew003's Top 5 Transfer Tips

Afternoon all and welcome to my latest article! Having thought up a few ideas, I decided this would be the best to post at this moment in time. And with that, I present:

mcandrew003's Top 5 Transfers Tips

Somethng that could be quite helpful I believe for new and old members, so, here we go!

1. Exploit The Loan Back Rule

IMG_7013.thumb.PNG.dd44d0807220cc1011a5a2293466b175.PNG

A major issue with this years game is the lack of clubs that make offers for your younger players. This sneaky little inclusion in the game makes sure that this isn't a problem, at least in the first year you have the player. A Swedish superstar banging in the goals? Send him back over to Scandinavia for the rest of the year so his development continues. This is great if you are shelling out a good few Million on a mercurial talent and don't want him to rot in your reserves for the remainder of the season, or if you just want to see a player grow in his natural habitat for another year before deciding what to do with him. 

2. Scavenge Off The Fallen Squads

IMG_7020.thumb.PNG.90fe9878388591b7237f18d66ab19edd.PNG

A good idea is to check the teams relegated each season. This is because of the fact that the key players values drop faster than flies, and can be picked up for under 10M in most cases. As you can see above, a League 1 riddled Sunderland still have Jordan Pickford on the books, and for the level I'm at he looks phenomenal for the price. Always check the relegated clubs, there are always bound to be some superb deals in there as clubs look to build a war chest to return with.

3. Excerise The Bosman Rule

IMG_7012.thumb.PNG.6f80032933b63f3a5c246e2e81b309a4.PNG

A must do for any Mid-Table side, checking this screen can be crucial to your teams recruitment in the following season. Wether you plan to sell the player, or keep him as an asset in your starting 11, Bosman Ruled players are often great steals. Occasionally, you can find massive players like Gotze, Reus, Lemar and Cavani wanting a move away from their respective clubs, meaning you can wait there and stalk your pray until the time is right. This is potentially the most cost-efficient way of improving your squad, being equal to if not better than Free Transfers. Or, take the other route and sell the players you grab off the market, making your club a healthy profit and allowing yourself the space to explore the market with no restrictions. 

4. Check The Transfer List

IMG_7016.thumb.PNG.a59fd45f94bd6dcc9aa2665d7039b14b.PNG

Often something people tend to forget to do is check who isn't wanted in the world of football. The transfer list is a great way to pick up a bargain for your side as you look to push for promotion, or your title race is falling apart. See above, Woodman is said to be worth 2.1M. Let's see what his price is when transfer listed....

IMG_7017.thumb.PNG.0fa2ad3ca184c61e9e4ed849c088b6a0.PNG

400K at most. A quality keeper, and I'm sure there are many more bargains better than this in your games. This is another extremely cost-efficient way to nurture your squad, bringing in brilliant players for cheap prices can really make or break your season. 

5. TURN OFF THE INTERESTED FILTER! 

IMG_7018.thumb.PNG.10fe25b333fc08ce18866813bf675cb3.PNG

A fairly obvious one that people often forget to do, which can see them miss out on a quality player. Turning off the interested filter can really open up a whole new world of targets for you to explore, as above shows. This striker isn't available when looking with it on, but is now that it's off. A decent little player I would be happy to take. For the right amount of money, anybody will join your club. Sure, you might have to pay an extra 4-5 Million and 10-15,000 in wages, but this is an extremely good method of building your squad with absoloutley nothing holding you back (apart from your wage budget ;))

Well guys, there is my 5 transfer tips! A few obvious ones in there, hopefully there are 1 or 2 you haven't used this year however! Hopefully you enjoyed this, please remember to leave a comment on your thoughts on this article. Thanks for reading!

Really really good guide @mcandrew003. I however think you missed out the trick of signing players bigger than your club by using the 'Big Club Release Clause' and than removing it when you can give them a better wage.

1 minute ago, Granit Xhaxa said:

Really really good guide @mcandrew003. I however think you missed out the trick of signing players bigger than your club by using the 'Big Club Release Clause' and than removing it when you can give them a better wage.

Thanks very much man :D Will have to have a look at the point you mentioned, a very good shout and thanks for the feedback!

Also IF one is playing in the 2nd season and forward, scout for good regens ( 20k-700.000 K - especially abroad, Eastern Europe ex. Great talents for cheap money. Loan them out if they are not for use, or sell them for much more than you gave :)

4 minutes ago, AndersJ said:

Also IF one is playing in the 2nd season and forward, scout for good regens ( 20k-700.000 K - especially abroad, Eastern Europe ex. Great talents for cheap money. Loan them out if they are not for use, or sell them for much more than you gave :)

Nice one mate, I plan on creating an article about regens so that could be helpful. Was the article ok? Cheers for the comment pal!

Good tips!

Believe it or not I always forget to check for Bosmans. I think it's probably to do with doing very little to no transfer activity in Jan. More often than not I skip Jan window and do all my dealings in summer. I like having my teams "season ready" by August. I definitely missed out on lots of freebies.

Btw you can always go back and edit your article if you feel like you've forgotten to include something. 

Thanks for posting.

Some great tips there and all things I personally do :)

I'd also mention player trades as it's a great way to get value from players you don't care about/can't sell. I've even signed Bosmans before with the intention of just selling them straight on or using them for trade bait etc. 

5 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Good tips!

Believe it or not I always forget to check for Bosmans. I think it's probably to do with doing very little to no transfer activity in Jan. More often than not I skip Jan window and do all my dealings in summer. I like having my teams "season ready" by August. I definitely missed out on lots of freebies.

Btw you can always go back and edit your article if you feel like you've forgotten to include something. 

Thanks for posting.

Cheers BG!

Yeah, I think many people often do where there are always decent players wanting to leave, so they let their contracts run down. I've seen Aubameyang, Gotze, Reus, Lemos and many more.

Was thinking of doing that, I've done it before so might give it a go. Thanks a lot man!

3 hours ago, Ashez said:

Some great tips there and all things I personally do :)

I'd also mention player trades as it's a great way to get value from players you don't care about/can't sell. I've even signed Bosmans before with the intention of just selling them straight on or using them for trade bait etc. 

Cheers Ashez, good to hear I hit the nail on the head then. 

I saw that but decided not to include it, I may have to make a follow up with all of these suggestions. Thanks a lot pal!

I cannot stress how important Bosmans are lol bit of a BTS-esque moment but that's how I build up bank balances on all my saves this year - go hog signing a bunch of youngsters from the continent and then either loan them out first or use them,then flog as necessary!

Looks good mcandrew, one small thing to remember with bosmans is if you're signing a young player you can end up paying compensation whereas if you wait for the contract to run down you won't have to. Sometimes it's more than they're worth to begin with. It does come up on the contract offer screen if you're going to have to shell out so it's just good to check.

Fantastic tips pal that I'm sure will help out a lot of people! I for one live for number 3, I've always got that expiring contract status on haha! 

An excellent guide mate, I do most of these myself but it took a long while to get into the habit. The 'interested' filter can be a real git sometimes - there are some great players out there who will come to you if you search hard enough!

Bosman is terrific..way I did it on fmm16 was signing them for free, they would get little or no playing time and I would sell them to make profit..with IT attributes grew even on bit older players

18 hours ago, KennyMiller27 said:

I cannot stress how important Bosmans are lol bit of a BTS-esque moment but that's how I build up bank balances on all my saves this year - go hog signing a bunch of youngsters from the continent and then either loan them out first or use them,then flog as necessary!

Very true mate, Bosmans can make or break your season. 

Cheers for the comment mate!

18 hours ago, Idol said:

Looks good mcandrew, one small thing to remember with bosmans is if you're signing a young player you can end up paying compensation whereas if you wait for the contract to run down you won't have to. Sometimes it's more than they're worth to begin with. It does come up on the contract offer screen if you're going to have to shell out so it's just good to check.

Cheers pal, good point with the compensation and I'll add that in when I get the time. Cheers!

16 hours ago, arobbo92 said:

Fantastic tips pal that I'm sure will help out a lot of people! I for one live for number 3, I've always got that expiring contract status on haha! 

Thanks a lot mate! Me too mate, at the end of the year I'll spend 5-10 minutes just looking through that. Cheers!

13 hours ago, Mollers01 said:

An excellent guide mate, I do most of these myself but it took a long while to get into the habit. The 'interested' filter can be a real git sometimes - there are some great players out there who will come to you if you search hard enough!

Cheers mate! Agree there mate, can really make you miss out on some quality players and it's so annoying. Cheers for the comment.

5 hours ago, Lav50 said:

Bosman is terrific..way I did it on fmm16 was signing them for free, they would get little or no playing time and I would sell them to make profit..with IT attributes grew even on bit older players

Agree with you there mate, maybe the best transfer method on the game? Selling them can make your club so much profit it's unbelievable! Cheers mate.

Thanks for the comments lads!

Awesome mate, really helpful, I had no idea about the loan back feature. One question though, how well would these work with a lower league team

On 24 May 2017 at 11:35, Idol said:

This can be a pain if you overlook the compensation. It's usually quite a lot of money. What I do is agree the contract and compensation in January so that no one else can get their hands on them, and then cancel the transfer when the time comes in June. Usually they don't get offered a new contract, and they'll leave their parent club a few days later, allowing you to pick them up for free!

@mcandrew003 Great article, by the way! I haven't ever tried the loan back option, but it sounds like a great idea for talented youngsters.

On 30/05/2017 at 09:17, BigE said:

Awesome mate, really helpful, I had no idea about the loan back feature. One question though, how well would these work with a lower league team

Cheers man, glad they helped you out :D I think they would all work for any level of team, scouting out Bosmans and things like that still work. Cheers!

21 hours ago, Mr.Manager said:

This can be a pain if you overlook the compensation. It's usually quite a lot of money. What I do is agree the contract and compensation in January so that no one else can get their hands on them, and then cancel the transfer when the time comes in June. Usually they don't get offered a new contract, and they'll leave their parent club a few days later, allowing you to pick them up for free!

@mcandrew003 Great article, by the way! I haven't ever tried the loan back option, but it sounds like a great idea for talented youngsters.

Yeah, compensation can be a pain actually. I'll make sure i add that in when I remember. 

Cheers dude! A good feature when you want to develop youngsters, or just want them to grow at the same rate as they did in their own country/club. Cheers!