Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help The Switch

Okay I need help from my all my fellow vibe community brothers just yesterday I received my new laptop which I heard is very good for gaming anyways I was watching a YouTuber named workthespace he creates lovely FM content then I remembered with my new laptop I can buy fm 2017 and play and I have always wanted to play but I've been playing fmh/fmm for a 5 years now and we all know the feelings and love we have towards fmm so because of this I'm scared because I'm worried that if I buy FM 2017 I will lose my love for fmm or maybe even hardly play it. So what do you guys think any advice at @BatiGoal @scratch99 @AndersJ @mcandrew003 @Brenty92 @Ashez @Stam. Advice is welcomed by all.

It's quite simple for me. I don't own any fancy devices or gadgets etc other than my phone and my PC at home. I travel/commute a lot so the choice is easy. Sheer convenience. Don't have the time to spend hours on FM at home so it's FMM on the road :)

Well, had this issue aswell. Basically, I have FM, FMM and FM Touch, but only play FMM. Its mainly because of the incredible community here, aswell as me not being too great at the other two games ;)

What I would say is do what you want to do. Both games are great and offer different experiences, and you are always welcome back here when you play FMM again

FMM you can play at all times, but especially when you commute as i also do. And best of all you can get totally addicted too it, as we alle know......a game only takes a few minutes...but just one more game and then the real choose of life....but in my circumstance FMM often wins because "my name is Anders and I AM AN FMM ADDICT " ???

16 minutes ago, Stam said:

I think with the current price of FM17 on a ridiculous discount, it's probably worth giving it a spin.

Though it's true that the full fat FM requires a more serious time investment. 

That's the one of the reasons I want to get it that 76% discount making it only 16 dollars.

added 0 minutes later

Thanks to all you guys for your advices.

I've never played FM as I've never had the desire too as FMM/H has always gave me the type of game I want. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been tempted in the past to try it out but that's more to test myself than interest in the actual game. 

6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I've never played FM as I've never had the desire too as FMM/H has always gave me the type of game I want. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been tempted in the past to try it out but that's more to test myself than interest in the actual game. 

• CM Pre 2007 + handful other football managing games
  • FM 2007-12
  • FMM 2013-17

That's me in a nutshell :)

The game is 70% off with Bundle Stars https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/football-manager-2017.

Download time has too many factors including your internet speed to be able to predict. However what I will say is the game is good if you find FMM is lacking depth and you want more control. I prefer FM Touch over FM but you can use your staff team to do tasks which saves you lots of time.

If you have a lot of free time then go for it pal, I love a good in depth career on FM just don't have the time for it these days

okay thanks I'm giving the demo a spin first before deciding whether i want to buy the full game or not, thanks to everyone who replied.

13 hours ago, Pogba said:

okay thanks I'm giving the demo a spin first before deciding whether i want to buy the full game or not, thanks to everyone who replied.

Great idea! Sorry for the slow response - you probably don't need it now, but here it is anyway! ?

Every so often I have the same temptation (including now with the sale!), but I resist because I think the full FM experience would just take too much time for me (I'm a sucker for the details). I'm already way to slow to get through seasons on FMM! I like the portability of playing on my phone, although at times that can be bad (I keep falling asleep halfway through a game!).

Also, I love the community and posting careers here and would miss that too, though there are FM communities out there (such as fmscout, which I guess is our sister site now, as I think @Stam runs both), so that'd be worth checking out if you did go with FM. 

Anyway, good luck with it and let us know how you go! 

Always disliked the PC version because I feel it's just too much everything... Time investment, detail, difficulty... Everything. By all means you shouldn't knock anything until you've tried it so give it a spin. FMM will always haul you back in sooner rather than later though in my opinion.

5 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Also, I love the community and posting careers here and would miss that too, though there are FM communities out there (such as fmscout, which I guess is our sister site now, as I think @Stam runs both), so that'd be worth checking out if you did go with FM. 

That's true.

4 hours ago, Jack said:

Always disliked the PC version because I feel it's just too much everything... Time investment, detail, difficulty... Everything. By all means you shouldn't knock anything until you've tried it so give it a spin. 

I agree, and not just myself. FM Touch has risen in popular for a good reason ;) 

19 hours ago, Pogba said:

I'm giving the demo a spin first before deciding whether i want to buy the full game or not

I recommend giving the FM Touch demo a spin as well. Should you choose to grab the game from fmscout store, the activation code will unlock both the regular FM and FM Touch. Or just solely grab FM Touch off Steam directly to save a few bucks.

11 hours ago, Stam said:

That's true.

I agree, and not just myself. FM Touch has risen in popular for a good reason ;) 

I recommend giving the FM Touch demo a spin as well. Should you choose to grab the game from fmscout store, the activation code will unlock both the regular FM and FM Touch. Or just solely grab FM Touch off Steam directly to save a few bucks.

im not into FM touch. but could you mention 3-5 reasons/differences from FMM maybe?