Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe Server Move + Update

Putzy

Hey all,

The short downtime earlier was due to us moving server (once again...) in order to improve speed, reliability and to give us further potential to grow. This is all part of the behind-the-scenes work that @Stam and I are working on and will be for the next few weeks.

You shouldn't notice any problems, but please reply in this topic if you notice anything acting a bit strange such as images and avatars not loading, certain pages acting slow, or even if you notice notification emails coming through a bit slower. We're relying on you all to help us out until we get things stabilised.

As mentioned above, over the next few weeks we're going to have a few updates to the site; mostly small things such as skin refinements and experience improvements which will all hopefully make your time on the site a better experience.

As always, please let us know if you have any problems, feedback or ideas. We love to hear it (and potentially ignore it! :P) and we really do try to take everything on board.

I just wish to add that the main reason for migrating to a new server was growth potential. The previous server barely had 2 weeks until exceeding the available space and getting us into trouble. In that context, this move was necessary.

Many thanks to @Putzy for being instrumental with all the technicalities involved!

On 10/6/2017 at 02:27, Stam said:

I just wish to add that the main reason for migrating to a new server was growth potential. The previous server barely had 2 weeks until exceeding the available space and getting us into trouble. In that context, this move was necessary.

Many thanks to @Putzy for being instrumental with all the technicalities involved!

@Stam, can you share the vibe's new logo in .png format?

I understand you guys aren't doing this for free but is there any way to tone down on the full-screen pop up ads that come up on every page load on the site while using my iPhone? 

1 hour ago, veerus said:

I understand you guys aren't doing this for free but is there any way to tone down on the full-screen pop up ads that come up on every page load on the site while using my iPhone? 

That doesn't seem normal at all; that particular ad format should only appear once a day. I've already messaged the ad agency to investigate and sort it out asap. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

8 hours ago, Stam said:

That doesn't seem normal at all; that particular ad format should only appear once a day. I've already messaged the ad agency to investigate and sort it out asap. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

I haven't had that on my Android. Not ever now I think about it.

Thanks. I was getting it a lot for about a week straight a couple weeks ago and then it came back a couple days ago - it wasn't just a 1 day thing. 

5 hours ago, Stam said:

@veerus I've heard back from the ad agency. And I quote:
"There was an issue with a US ad that we had yesterday, it was fixed."

If you encounter this again, please let me know.

Not fixed. This shows up on every page load this morning. It was fine 3 hours ago at the time of my last reply though. And the ad is not even relevant to me since I'm in a different state.

image.thumb.png.75e25737a06dc396aebad38156a86564.png

4 minutes ago, veerus said:

Not fixed. This shows up on every page load this morning. It was fine 3 hours ago at the time of my last reply though. And the ad is not even relevant to me since I'm in a different state.

Have you tried emptying your cache?

11 minutes ago, veerus said:

Can you message one of us with your state please? This could be a localised problem.