Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career BG's 1-season challenges 5/5: DT with Ronni & Messi

1 hour ago, Idol said:

Looking like an awesome start Bati. Good luck with the grand finale. 

Thanks big, mate. 9 games to go and Luuk's hit a fat number of goals already but still a fair chunk left.. will go down to the wire.. update tonight.

BG's 1-season challenges 2/5

Deportivo La Coruña ’99

i6RTeQV.png

January - March 2017

Quick reminder of my 3 objectives for this challenge:

1. Score 23+ La Liga goals with a Dutchie *COMPLETED*
  2. Win La Liga with Deportivo La Coruna
  3. Smash Bebeto's club record of 86 goals

La Coruna and Luuk are cruising this challenge so far but what's 2017 brought us. Let's see how we did from Jan to March..

January

Spoiler

6FvMHnn.png

CPkQBel.png

uxVe49W.png

Facing Atl. Pamplona twice in the Coppa Del Rey Luuk smashed it with a hat-trick in each leg of the tie. Could've been more had it not been for those disallowed goals. Wake up video ref!?! A third hat-trick vs Elche makes it a fantastic month and the momentum from last year has certainly not died down yet. We're on fire!

February

Spoiler

QymeU6S.png

A single hat-trick in February has somewhat tempered the moods but still plenty of goals and plenty of reasons to cheer for the stunned home crowd in the Riazor Stadium. They have come to understand they're witnessing something very special.

March

Spoiler

r8Pu4hC.png

qZMFaJF.png

The hat-tricks have become a little harder to come by due to a slight dip in form but still a double brace to show for and Luuk is still very much on track to reach the 80+ mark.

April onwards

v0HCptk.png

Looking ahead at the rest of the fixtures list we're still up against some decent opposition in Sevilla, Valencia, R.Madrid and Sevilla once more in the Coppa Del Rey Final. 9 games left for Luuk to up his goal production. Can he do it?

La Liga Standings 2016-17

x4Z0t7O.png

With Objective 1 in the bag we're looking pretty good here in Objective 2. We need to crown ourselves Spanish Champions, just like back in 1999, and we're lying comfortably in topspot with an 11-point lead over the Madrid teams. Surely this one's in the bag too unless something terrible happens. I'm confident we'll complete at least 2 out of 3 objectives tho.

Luuk de Jong

3MbyBma.png

This is Luuk looking at his very best. A top Poacher and a solid Target Man make him a fine Complete Forward in my formation. Physical attributes look much better than when he arrived and he's got the greens where we'd like to see them. And a perfect age for this challenge too being right at his peak. Perhaps I'd like him to be a little more selfish but he's done great so far so no complaints whatsoever.

Goals

EbogPk5.png

In order to complete Objective 3 we need to see Luuk break Bebeto's record of 86 goals. We're on 71 with 9 games to go. That means that.. give me a couple secs to do my Math work.. that means that a goal/game won't do. We need braces and hat-tricks in the final 9 games or Bebeto's total will stand. Even for a solid formation and a Luuk in top form it's a tough nut to crack.

Great AvR 8.94 means he's pretty comfortable in his current role and his providers behind him are clearly doing exactly what they're instructed to do so better not to mess with anything tactics wise or we risk ruining our momentum and fail this last objective. It'll be an exciting run to the finishline. We'll either come just short or pass that line in the dying seconds. Have yet to play any further than April and can't wait to pick up the phone to finish this career.

What do you guys think? Can La Coruna win La Liga? Can Luuk break Bebeto's record and become a Legend of the club? Comments, love and support appreciated. Thanks for reading and see you in the next and final update. Cheers!

The title is in the bag but those goals needed have me nervous! Hopefully you manage it and I think it'll be close but it's hard to call! Can't wait for the next update :D 

9 hours ago, Ashez said:

The title is in the bag but those goals needed have me nervous! Hopefully you manage it and I think it'll be close but it's hard to call! Can't wait for the next update :D 

Thanks mate! Getting mighty close, will be decided by details. I'm nervous myself.

3 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Great start mate, it's going to be a really tight finish. You will need 2 goals a game for the next 8 games. Luuk looks great. KIU

I'm glad he's got a week rest inbetween games to get fully fit but 16 gls in 9 is a big task. Thanks for the support.

just caught up with this and i have to say objective 3 is definitely going to be smashed by Luuk! hes making this challenge too easy! and great looking tactic u got there! GREAT JOB so far!

6 hours ago, salohcin said:

just caught up with this and i have to say objective 3 is definitely going to be smashed by Luuk! hes making this challenge too easy! and great looking tactic u got there! GREAT JOB so far!

Thanks man. Final update coming up..

Deportivo La Coruña ’99

i6RTeQV.png

Final Update

2. Win La Liga with Deportivo La Coruna (holding an 11-pt lead..)
  3. Smash Bebeto's club record of 86 goals (71 gls and counting..)

So here we are at the final update. Have I been able to manage Deportivo La Coruna to La Liga title? We're holding an 11-point lead over Atletico so Objective 2 is looking pretty good. Has Luuk de Jong been able to smash Bebeto's record of 86 goals? With 9 games to go we need at least 16 goals to add to the Dutchie's current 71 goals. Scroll down for answers..

Game 1/9

4FymNvO.png

YES! Delighted to start these final 9 crucial games with a hat-trick. Away to Sevilla is a toughie and was feeling a bit nervous but he delivered as he's been doing all season long. The 3 points is nice but all our focus is on the goals now.. 74..

Game 2/9

vUcS94u.png

Kinda what I was mentioning. Sometimes we do better against stronger opposition. Looked like it was ending in a stalemate as we failed to convert our chances but a late goal brings Luuk's total to 75.

Game 3/9

zK7lwfK.png

The least I expected here was a brace. However, with 2 goals in 30min. I hoped for another 1 or 2 in the remaining hour against an average side like Eibar but we got zip. 3 points brings us very close to the title now tho. Luuk's on 77..

Game 4/9

6XUlECY.png

Tough game vs Valencia. Unfortunate with the "no-goal" decision and we needed a penalty to get Luuk his goal. Disappointing also to see Sidnei come off with an injury which will rule him out of the remainder of this campaign. Bummer as he's been instrumental at the back. +1 goal brings us on 78..

Game 5/9

NuM0nZJ.png

There's the 80-goal mark finally. Even the commentary is playing along to our challenge. A solid brace for Luuk as he keeps his scoring-streak of over 20 games now intact. It's 80 with only 4 games to go. Man, I can't watch!!

April Results

p60w4XZ.png

Fantastic performances in April with 9 goals in 5 as well as gorgeous colorful ratings.

Objective 2 Completed

Nf7NF6u.png

Deportivo La Coruna are the NEW champions of Spain. 18 years after their incredible feat in '99. Awesome!

May Fixtures

F28JSXr.png

Only May remains with 4 games in hand. 80 goals. 7 short of the record. Bilbao away could be a toughie but expecting a goal there. Atl.Pamplona away is THE game where Luuk needs to deliver. He's done great vs this side in the Coppa Del Rey with a double hat-trick so this is definitely the game where he makes or breaks it. Madrid home is a nasty one. We got smashed away (5-2) and I'm not counting on anything in this game. Sevilla are doable but you can't expect anything in a final. Finals are unpredictable. Could be great or terrible so any goal Luuk scores in this one is a bonus. Pamplona is THE GAME!

Player History: Luuk de Jong

bPplUb8.png

83 is MY record. 86 Bebeto's record. I want Luuk to break not just one but both. Can he do it?

Hold on.. didn't I mention this was the final update? I did, didn't I. Well..it was a blatant lie! Final update tomorrow ;)

For crying out loud BatiGod! Just give us the goods already! Acting like a goddamn tv series ending on a cliffhanger every single time! You officially hold the crown for 'King of Tension'!

1 hour ago, Brenty92 said:

For crying out loud BatiGod! Just give us the goods already! Acting like a goddamn tv series ending on a cliffhanger every single time! You officially hold the crown for 'King of Tension'!

I'm really sorry, mate. I've lost a bunch of pictures so I've been a little busy restoring some of the challenges and guides of mine. Would I have posted the entire final update otherwise? Of course................. not :D haven't even played May yet. Will post final update tomorrow. Maybe. Depends on the interest level. :P

Just caught up on this whole thread (although the Veron images have been photobucketed too)...

Great going. de Jong is doing amazing. Can't wait to see what he ends up with. You're making me feel like an under-achiever for only getting Armstrong to 95 and 92 in the League 1 which is much easier! 

The whole fatigue conversation is very interesting to me. I used to put a lot of importance on it in my original Armstrong at Celtic 1KC and would give him games off even when his condition was 100% and he didn't have the Slightly Tired message. I just had the feeling that he played better when he was fresh. He'd always scored a lot more at the start of the season and tail off once he lost that freshness. Give him a couple of weeks off and he got some of that back.

Those observations hold true to what I'm seeing at the moment, but I've stopped giving him games off just to give him a break. I might have to try that again this season and see if it helps.

Talk about "Beast Mode" Luuk is killing it, just need luck on your side (And I'll apologise in advance if this jinxes it) but KIU dude, you are the master of Luuk's fate

Just one word....Wow...80 goals so far 7 goals to go in 4 games....Most nail baiting career moment I have ever see in Vibe.Fingers crossed to point of breaking.........

Good luck mate.

Awesome work so far Bati and excellent updating style, really piling on the tension. 

What I'm really looking forward to is how you're going to make challenge 3 even more impressive! 

@scratch99 what you achieve(d) with Armstrong is still grand in any league. Can't wait to see you reach 100 that would be a massive motivator for any reader to replicate that milestone.

The rest/fatigue convo will remain a mystery. It all depends on how each manager approaches it and the level of success they achieve with it. For this career it's worked wonders but finding that perfect balance of not overplaying players and still give them enough game time to break records is a challenge in itself.

@Taff thanks mate. Luuk's finished. Career's over. Can't say a word. Update tonight..

@AndersJ hehe my standard is far from 80. More like 60-ish, but this tactic is certainly making me reach new heights. Maybe 80+ HAS become my new standard :P

@Harish good to see you back. And glad to see you in here to witness Luuk become a Deportivo legend. Or..will he?

@Idol thanks man. Tho I don't think any of the following challenges can top this one difficulty wise. As I said at the start, this one's probably the most difficult of the 5 but I felt ready to take it on at that moment. Challenge 3/5 will be challenging in its own way and hopefully just as enjoyable.

Cheers guys!

LOL when i saw that Batigoal commented on this thread, i thought for sure the update was out but turns out i was so wrong... COME ON BRING OUT THE FINAL UPDATE ALR I CAN'T WAIT HAHAHHAHA

Only just caught up with this thread, but what a treat! I thought what you'd done with Veron was special but what you're doing with De Jong is out of this world! In real life, I don't think he even managed a goal in half a season at Newcastle...

Looking forward to the finale of this challenge and also seeing what other challenges you have up your sleeve!

Deportivo La Coruña ’99

i6RTeQV.png

THE final update

2. Win La Liga with Deportivo La Coruna *COMPLETED*
  3. Smash Bebeto's club record of 86 goals (80 gls and counting..)

I have punished you long enough.. let's hurry to the action.. 4 games left to play and we need at least 7 goals. Gimme a 7!!

first of last 4

Wi8BjhF.png

The difference between a goal and a brace has never felt bigger. A goal makes us require a hat-trick in the next a brace not. So much for the advanced mathwork I think you've been in similar mathematical difficulties so let's press on.. 82..

second of last 4

Imk0M17.png

Ok another brace isn't terrible. With the upcoming Madrid game and Coppa final vs Sevilla I was hoping for a hat-trick against one of our favoured opponents. A somewhat late goal...any goal in the 2nd half feels late at this point.. a late goal brings the important brace and ups Luuk's tally to 84..only 3 gls needed in the next 2 games.

third of last 4

QeaZlcC.png

A game I expected us to draw or lose as we did away in Bernabeu (5-2) but we dominated to my surprise. Great possession, fair amount of chances and a goal in each half. Excellent performance and the all-important brace brings us equal to Brazilian Legend Bebeto's club record 86! 1 game left and 1 goal needed..

fourth of last 4

1Tp6AzB.png

Luuk has done it! Can't believe he's actually done it. A 4th brace, The King of Braces as his new nickname rings, has done it! The game went into ET and the team was more than fit and fresh enough to go on for an extra 30min. Luuk smashed his 88th of the season hard against the net and the Depor fans go wild. The club welcomes a new Legend: Luuk de Jong.

La Liga: Final Table

pyyzaU6.png

A confirmation of being Spanish best. Was hoping for 100 team goals but we came close enough.

Topscorers - Coppa Del Rey

D6sdkfN.png

Great names in this topscorers list but the biggest one is right at the top.

Topscorers - La Liga

crBcs89.png

By far THE best striker in La Liga. An embarrassing screenshot for all other 9 strikers who made the list.

Supporting Star: Bati Goal

p5f9rUU.png

I choose to remain in the background as the team and of course Luuk receives his congrats to his massive achievement. A winning % of 80 is probably nothing to write home about nowadays. It's the norm. Slightly surprise to score 150+ manager pts in 1 season. I don't really keep that much track of these and I'm not sure how exactly these are calculated in terms of cup/league wins etc etc but I usually get somewhere near 70-80 for an average season and 100-ish for a good season. So to me 153 looks like 2-season total, but like I said.. not entirely sure on the math behind it.

Main Star: Luuk de Jong

9j7p7Rc.png

The Man. 88 goals.

Highest total I've scored in FMM17 so I'm delighted with this number. A great AvR in 9.02 as well. 26 PoM awards. Only 4 assists is outstanding btw too as he's either selfish enough to score the goals himself or the chances he got were mostly clear cut. This new formation I stumbled upon works a treat and will most likely feature in a couple future challenges of mine, no doubt. Also, I have decided NOT to post this tactic in a seperate thread but just keep it in here for the people who took the time to follow this career. No idea if there's any interest for it tbh but people coming to Vibe for tactics or formations only and leaving without thanking posters isn't exactly giving back to the community so they HAVE to read thru my blabber to get a reward :D Maybe it's one way to get more traffic in these careers.

Thanks big for the supportive comments, guys. Challenge 3/5 should be up some time this week. Cheers and see you soon!

* Luuk de Jong - 88 Goals - Deportivo Legend *

Sound the drums!!!! Batigoal has done the impossible...... Again....

Hats off to you for this amazing effort... Looking forward to the next challenge.

Good luck mate!!!

Talk about squeaky bum time! What a tense finale, I must say it was worth the wait, bring on challenge #3 ?? congratulations bud!

You....Are....A....God!! Speechless mate, genuinely shocked you pulled this off as that's some achievement! Really happy for you! 

Wooohooo u r as much a legend as Luuk!!! 88 goals is something i have nvr thought possible until now! Btw, 88 in chinese means u r going to be rich HAHAHA so i guess ur wealth will be increasing soon also

9 hours ago, samhardy said:

He's done it :O With a donkey as well... Great stuff!

lol I could interpret it either way, but I'll gladly take on that donkey role haha!

6 hours ago, Ashez said:

You....Are....A....God!! Speechless mate, genuinely shocked you pulled this off as that's some achievement! Really happy for you! 

Ohh sh... darn, was it that obvious. Did I drop too many clues. Sigh! I guess the hiding is over now, my friends. I am indeed your FMM God :)

hehehe not in the slightest but thanks for the high praise. There's been a few handsome totals scored this year under different circumstances yes but just as impressive.

2 hours ago, salohcin said:

Wooohooo u r as much a legend as Luuk!!! 88 goals is something i have nvr thought possible until now! Btw, 88 in chinese means u r going to be rich HAHAHA so i guess ur wealth will be increasing soon also

Lucky 88 eh? I'll make sure to buy a lottery ticket then ending with these two digits. If challenge 3/5 never pops up it means I'm off to the Carribean for 6 months ;)

1 hour ago, Real_Random said:

Congratulations mate, I loved the slow build up of the update and it was great finish. KIU

Thanks mate, appreciate all comments.

I never bothered with a recap, actually forgot, but if anyone wants to try and replicate this my road to 88 went something like this:

• Good formation
  • Great forward
  • Healthy game time - rest balance
  • Passing focus determined on opponent
  • Luck

Couldn't tell you in all honesty if all of the above played part in Luuk's success but this is basically how I approached this mission.