Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career BG's 1-season challenges 5/5: DT with Ronni & Messi

Just catching up, awesome work with Luuk Bati, having spent many many seasons trying to get individual goalscorers I am in awe of what you did there in one season. Although I tested your formation with Chumps'r'us and old Peter 'Peg-Leg' Pettigrew only scored 50 goals so you clearly cheated! :D  

The new challenge sounds fun, it'll be interesting to see how you approach it. 

2 hours ago, RipRip said:

Top class stuff right there. Legendary.

Thanks biggie! It's 2 out of 2 challenges so far but this third one's giving me a headache :S

2 hours ago, Idol said:

Just catching up, awesome work with Luuk Bati, having spent many many seasons trying to get individual goalscorers I am in awe of what you did there in one season. Although I tested your formation with Chumps'r'us and old Peter 'Peg-Leg' Pettigrew only scored 50 goals so you clearly cheated! :D  

The new challenge sounds fun, it'll be interesting to see how you approach it. 

Fiddle with the focus for a 100 ;) Thanks for the support.

2 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Wow, good luck mate. This looks like another almost impossible challenge. Good luck and KIU

The start's been OK-ish tbh but looks like I may have bitten of more than I can chew this time.

1 hour ago, Eogtuc0910 said:

If you fail this part of the challenge do you keep on with the other challenges

Yes, they're all seperate challenges so I'll definitely do two more after this one.

BG's 1-season challenges 3/5

David vs. Goliath

ehVc0Op.png

- The Revealing of David -

Alright. I'm ready for this. I've thought long and hard about this on how to make this work -can't believe I'm actually saying this- I just gotta believe in it..in him... I suppose. I've laid out a plan that hopefully gives us the best possible odds of defeating Lewandowski. Sigh.. I keep telling myself every 3 seconds..You can do this - You can do this.. but I have no confidence at all in this cousin..Tasos Karamanos btw..from Greece..who cares what his name is.. best bet is making him believe that he's great and that he's got every *cringe-cringe* every chance of making it in the Bundesliga.

The Challenge

P69AF4t.png

There you go. It's official. Karamanos vs Lewandowski. David vs Goliath. Game on!!!

Tasos Karamanos - David

Spoiler

BjpKgYq.png

Hmm.. actually..quite actually.. for 2K he's not as Mr.Shambles as one would've expected. By no means great and by no means a match for Goliath but.. maybe if we outsmart Robert we have a chance? Yeah, right, my optimism kicking in again. NO CHANCE!

Robert Lewandowski - Goliath

Spoiler

VVLJOvp.png

Geez. No words needed.

The Plan

Bi8h7WH.png

Fixtures list. Ok, this is the simpler part of the plan. Goliath is going to take on Dortmund in the Super Cup. Definitely the 10-21 Sep. games vs Schalke, Dortmund and Leverkusen. David will do the ones inbetween. Hopefully we manage to minimize the damage here.

Bayern Munich - David

5rjCNEf.png

Formation - Tactics Info:

• Karamanos plays as Poacher
  • Robben plays AML and Coman AMR
  • AMC Strata consists of Wingers and Adv.Playmakers
  • Team Mentality: Attacking
  • Tackling: Committed
  • Refinements: Pressing + Offside Trap
  • Primary Attacker: Karamanos
  • Penalty Taker: Yes
  • Free kick Taker: Yes
  • Corner Taker: No
  • Training Regime: Intensive

Bayern Munich - Goliath

rvzuWwl.png

Formation - Tactics Info:

• Lewandowski plays as Defensive Forward
  • Coman plays AML and Robben AMR
  • AMC Strata consists of Cent.Midfielders and Inside Forwards
  • Team Mentality: Defensive
  • Tackling: Normal
  • Refinements: Men Behind Ball
  • Primary Attacker: None
  • Penalty Taker: No
  • Free kick Taker: No
  • Corner Taker: Yes
  • Training Regime: Default

Everything else will be identical

Well, if this doesn't work then I guess I've tried my best and accept the consequences. There was some good news later that day tho..

9O5yQ9Y.png

You really gotta give it to this cousin tho, he really believes he's got game and stands a chance beating Goliath. He's working his butt off and for that I do respect him. If he pulls this off, I dunno, if he beats Goliath he'll forever be a Legend in my book. Not sure why I'm slightly more confident than yesterday. It's still a 10K guy versus 100M guy. Odds are still massively stacked against us, but I'm hoping. Hoping for a miracle of some sort.

Next update I present will see our warriors 10 games in and we'll definitely have a clearer picture of where we stand in this challenge. It could be over by then already or it could lift our hopes.. I'm excited to find out, hope you are too. Cheers for listening and comments of any kind appreciated.

This is hilarious man HAHAHAHA but i seriously think theres a chance of losing quite a few matches with the goliath team cos its a pretty attacking formation still. But of cos, the other tactics and instructions look great! Good luck for this!

I feel you may just manage this, playing defensive with selfish roles around Goliath will likely hinder him massively! Genius plan bud

This career could get pretty stupid pretty fast! I love it! Striker looks decent and the set ups have my attention, I can't wait to see this unfold now! 

Thanks for the love, folks. Couple games in and the playing "easy vs tough" opponents has had quite a big impact so far.. neck and neck stuff. Will try to get an update in tonight.

Like the others have said for £2K he looks decent, but he is going up against one of the most prolific scorers in the world right now, but I have faith in Lord BG to get this one done

For 2k that guy looks quite nice where do these guys go when I am doing a championship save??? Anyway he atleast can finish.And typical BG move there in the roles around Lewy,let's hope he keeps it under 1 goal a game....Then maybe there is a small chance you can smash this.............Oh....Who am I kidding,this is you we are talking about,you will probably make him win the Ballon'd'or and finish the season with 50+ goals to his name.:D

Good luck!!!!

6 hours ago, Taff said:

Like the others have said for £2K he looks decent, but he is going up against one of the most prolific scorers in the world right now, but I have faith in Lord BG to get this one done

Cousin David is actually turning into a decent player. Pretty crazy what IT and playing in a top team can do to a 2K player.

5 hours ago, Harish said:

For 2k that guy looks quite nice where do these guys go when I am doing a championship save??? Anyway he atleast can finish.And typical BG move there in the roles around Lewy,let's hope he keeps it under 1 goal a game....Then maybe there is a small chance you can smash this.............Oh....Who am I kidding,this is you we are talking about,you will probably make him win the Ballon'd'or and finish the season with 50+ goals to his name.:D

Good luck!!!!

Hehe! Yeah all providers in David's team and none in Goliath's. Made a huge difference in containing the beast. It's actually turning into a real challenge.

Indeed pretty decent player in the lower price range to be found as well. That's why my pre-season take hours :)

David vs. Goliath

ehVc0Op.png

10 Games in...

David

oHnHynV.png

What approx. 6 months of Intensive Training at a top club with top facilities can do to a 2K guy. The game time and training regime really transformed this "cousin" into a very decent player. I may have to take my words back, definitely not hearing Mr. Shambles from me anymore :) Very very solid progress. I'm actually starting to believe a little bit.

Best Games

Spoiler

MhYlbuj.png

ErXNxLN.png

jRoNTTL.png

The "easier" games really helped David massively. Also a big bonus is of course the formation with 4 providers behind him. Not to mention the attacking mentality.. playing as a Poacher, and all set pieces he's allowed to take for extra goals. The tactics really helped him score more than he'd normally have done. A good hat-trick vs a weak lower division team and two braces gives him a pretty good start to this battle against Goliath.

Form

vcOB2n8.png

His attributes are looking quite decent but there's still this inconsistency only a 2K guy would have. 5 games where he scored and 5 where he failed to hit the net. But in those games he scored good with braces or better. So it's really hit and miss for cousin David atm. 4 PoM performances. Ain't that something.

Goals

vMKBlNQ.png

10 out of 10. I'm happy with that. Will I keep my job afterall? Btw, -free- is the player exchange I did to bring him to the club. Not that we didn't have the money of course but there was this 4M youngster I didn't need for this challenge so that made negotiations far easier.

Goliath

DlzniQz.png

Wow, he looks terrible, doesn't he :) yeah, Goliath is just..Goliath I suppose. A beast!

Best Games

Spoiler

Gk1nv8y.png

rRYKjtG.png

gQHCep6.png

Robert had a bit of a slow start, maybe he needed time to get used to his new terrible formation where no one passed him the ball and where he wasn't allowed to place himself behind the ball for set pieces other than corners. And of course he played as a Defensive Forward and was instructed to pass the ball and not fire on goal. But fire on goal he did in November adding +6 to his tally. I did my best containing the beast but he certainly gave David a good roar and showed the world why he's one of the best in the game. It's hard keeping a player like this from scoring. Maybe too hard. Atl. crushed, brace vs Legia and a hat-trick vs Mainz. Ouch, that last one stung!

Form

oD3UyK2.png

Goliath does know what consistency is. Scoring more often than not but the (for him) bad set up means he only gets a few chances per game but he's damn prolific. Game 9 and 10 really propelled him back into the challenge as believe it or not he was trailing David up till that point.

Goals

ZAjNr5G.png

11 out of 10. Indeed, he's leading this challenge after 10 games. 6 assists too which hurt his chances to score more than 11, something he could easily have done in a better set up. But we gotta contain this beast for now. Or I lose!

Standings

bfu57Mu.png

Pretty neck and neck stuff and despite being on the wrong side here I'm pretty happy with our chances at the moment. We're still in it, only trailing by 1 goal, David has improved tremendously, and we've got some decent games coming up in December - January. Of course the nasty ones are for our friend Goliath and the cuppiecake ones for David. Only worrying thing is..Goliath scores nearly every match, and he seems to have found his form in the last couple games. As if he ignores his tactical instructions and DF role and just does his own thing. Can't have that! But on the other side we've still got David who thru hard hard work upped his physicals by a lot and has his 17 shooting attr. to fire with whenever one of his 4 providers behind him passes the ball. 10 games in and I have hope. Much more hope than when I first saw this cousin on the training ground.

Anyone out there who still believes David can help me defeat Goliath? Will I be able to keep my job afterall and complete this challenge? Or will Goliath wake up and annihilate everyone in front of him?

Cheers for listening!

I told you so.....:)

But in all seriousness,I am sure your cousin can beat Goliath,Let's hope Lewy gets jaded or unsettled which would affect his morale and performance;).

Good luck mate, you're gonna need it....

34 minutes ago, Harish said:

I told you so.....:)

But in all seriousness,I am sure your cousin can beat Goliath,Let's hope Orey gets jaded or unsettled which would affect his morale and performance;).

Good luck mate, you're gonna need it....

I am gonna need it. Reminds me of Jet Li's movie Unleashed.. contain the beast or else..

Wow the cousin's stats are great now lol, like i would take him to a championship club anytime! Lewa nds to stop scoring tho, maybe try deep lying forward instead of defensive? Cos the other time when i played DLF, my striker scored very little. But im loving this intense fight now, cant wait to see the results soon!

21 minutes ago, salohcin said:

But im loving this intense fight now, cant wait to see the results soon!

Problem is Bati could easily drag the results out an extra week, ain't that right pal @BatiGoal ?

Thanks for the comments. Next update will definitely be up sometime before X-mas :)

As for DF or DLF not sure tbh which one would make him score less but I also gotta be careful to not drop too many points in games or the board will throw me out the door mid-challenge lol 

Couple more games in and Lewan refuses to give up his lead :(

10 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Thanks for the comments. Next update will definitely be up sometime before X-mas :)

As for DF or DLF not sure tbh which one would make him score less but I also gotta be careful to not drop too many points in games or the board will throw me out the door mid-challenge lol 

Couple more games in and Lewan refuses to give up his lead :(

Wait? What! Expect an update in the next 5 or so months?!? 

43 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Wait? What! Expect an update in the next 5 or so months?!? 

Between today and X-mas. Roughly :)

David vs. Goliath

ehVc0Op.png

20 Games in...

David

GIRWzeG.png

David at his peak. Hasn't really developed his attributes since the turn of the year other than added experience. But again, pretty good from a single green to four and from 2K to 9M.

Best Games

Spoiler

jda7h2Q.png

gKH6NG0.png

PloagiZ.png

David performed a little better than in his first 10 games but no hat-tricks. Very close on a couple of occasions, missed penalty, disallowed goal, but we gotta do with braces instead. Really hoped to get more goals in the Cup game vs a lower division team but he just couldn't do it. I just couldn't get more goals out of him, not even against weaker opponents. Unfortunate as Goliath has no intention of taking his foot off the accelerator.

Goals

Rtp8SdF.png

For a 2K guy I'd say 24 out of 20 is really nice. Certainly better than my expectations so wouldn't be fair to him to talk his achievements down. A solid 8+ rating and overall just the best he can do. He's reached his ceiling in terms of performances and goals. But with a little more luck we'd be on 26-27 maybe.

Goliath

YF0VI2m.png

As impressive as ever. Can't believe we're up against a player of this calibre. But this challenge requires a worthy Goliath and Lewandowski certainly fits that bill.

Best Games

Spoiler

ZKMtIcd.png

WF5RjrO.png

sqIKGb0.png

Ouch! A brace, a hat-trick, followed by 5! goals vs Darmstadt. He's a Polish brute, but again..really unfortunate to see Goliath net so many late goals :S 85th...87th...90+1...90+2...90+5... lol COME ON!!! Damn Goliath if only the ref had blown his whistle a little sooner we'd still be in this challenge. Like I said in my previous update..some birds aren't meant to be caged and that's certainly the case with Lewan. You just can't contain this beast for an entire season.

Goals

srGQDgN.png

28 out of 20. He's extended his lead over David. And that in a terrible formation, a defensive one with few to no providers. Imagine if he'd be playing in David's formation in a much more attacking set up with selfless assisters behind him + taking the free kicks/penalties. He'd be on 35-40 no doubt, if not more.

Standings

PB52MOG.png

Yes, the numbers speak for themselves. I must say Karamanos has impressed me a lot for a 2K guy and I guess you gotta be brave (or stupid lol) going face to face with a super striker in Lewan. Bettering 1gl/game ratio is good for any top level forward but Lewan is no joke. In all fairness, we're still in it and I wasn't sure we'd be a match for this Pole but we're not giving up yet. I always knew it was going to be really tough going up against these worldclass strikers like Robert, but you gotta challenge yourself sometimes. You gotta seek that limit to grow. And keep growing.

Only 5 games left and we need a miracle to make up 4 goals and force at least a tie / sudden death. But for that to happen we need Lewan to become either complacent, drop his A game, lose form or feel sorry for us :) Miracles do happen from time to time, even in FMM careers, so we just need to keep giving our all and hope it's enough in the end.

Hopefully there are still people out there with a little faith in us. We really need the support of a 12th man at this point. We need that little extra to defeat this Pole, this Brute..this Goliath. Cheers for listening and see you in the final update!

Step 1: Start Goliath

Step 2: Sub him out in the 1st minute (still counts as an appearance though!)

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit!

Mate for 2k this guy is an absolute beast, considering we've all signed players in the past who have crashed and burned quicker than you could say boo lol, pray for an Achilles heel type injury to super Goliath! ??