• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career BG's 1-season challenges 5/5: DT with Ronni & Messi

1 minute ago, Taff said:

Bloody bonkers but I really can't wait to see how the Harriers get on

Bring on the madness of King BG

download.jpg.42338147e75a3e6aa225161cf0c1ec17.jpg

Only played 2 games in the season so far.. first once's been immediately a successful comeback..the second one kinda not :)

'Look mom I made it'! A cheeky shoutout from a legend!

some great additions bud, Fairhurst in particular is a real good lower league Hitman! Good luck 

7 hours ago, Brenty92 said:

'Look mom I made it'! A cheeky shoutout from a legend!

some great additions bud, Fairhurst in particular is a real good lower league Hitman! Good luck 

Thanks pal :D Fairhurst hasn't had his chance yet as he just recently recover from injury but he's looking good with his 16 shooting.

4 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

Excellent little plan there, looking forward to seeing your progress in this. 

Is this on OME or EME may I ask?

Thanks mate. It's EME.

Looks perfect mate. Really looking forward to seeing how this pans out. When I was throwing games for the second chances challenge, there was occasionally teams that just didn't seem to want to score. With the standard in the vanarama national, I wonder whether that might be a problem for you. Good luck anyway man.

Also, I notice you're using that same 4-1-4-1 formation again. Is that your favourite? 

@Mr.Manager throwing games is occasionally an issue as even my GK playing as an ST started scoring lol but the comebacks are starting to roll in ;)

Yeah I think this 4-1-4-1 is my favorite right now. I'll probably use it for a future 1KC as well.

I hate to say it but having spent a considerable amount of time in the bottom leagues over the last couple years, my confidence in you succeeding here is pretty low.  It's hard enough to win games over 90 minutes down in the dumps of the football pyramid.  To do it in 45 minutes while starting from behind is madness.  Hopefully you prove me wrong. :) 

4 hours ago, veerus said:

I hate to say it but having spent a considerable amount of time in the bottom leagues over the last couple years, my confidence in you succeeding here is pretty low.  It's hard enough to win games over 90 minutes down in the dumps of the football pyramid.  To do it in 45 minutes while starting from behind is madness.  Hopefully you prove me wrong. :) 

Aiming to prove you wrong :)

Altho I've been conceding quite early in the game (within 20min) which leaves me well over an hour to complete comebacks.

9 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Aiming to prove you wrong :)

Altho I've been conceding quite early in the game (within 20min) which leaves me well over an hour to complete comebacks.

I would have gone with an even leakier formation (I use an upside down U) and try to concede in the first few minutes, so I had the whole game to come back! But looking forward to seeing how you go. And that 4 1 4 1 formation looks very interesting!

BG's 1-season challenges 4/5

- The Comeback Kidd -

cVLH8X5.png

- 1st. Half Season -

Reminder of the challenge objectives:
  • Easy - Keep The Job (side challenge)
  • Medium - Secure Promotion (side challenge)
  • Difficult - Win The League (side challenge)
  • Insane - 20 Comebacks (main challenge)

August - 4 Comebacks

Spoiler

mAUyE7C.png

SwmQpGw.png

D2mVb7m.png

Jiwftkn.png

4 Comebacks in August. How's that for a start of the challenge. The formation to concede is working pretty good as we're conceding early on in the game. The formation for the Comeback is even more effective. Two late goals vs Curzon felt great as our first comeback. Then an easy one vs Nuneaton where we realized to comeback within the first half. The third comeback was easy within the hour and for #4 we netted 2 gls in 3min. towards the end. Really good month.

September - 1 Comeback

Spoiler

er2Px6h.png

A not so good month with a single comeback. Lots of draws during this period and we just couldn't realize the comeback as we came either short or conceded late goals to ruin our chances. Anyway, Telford down and we're on 5 comebacks.

October - 3 comebacks

Spoiler

A1YKeBi.png

QLW4iX8.png

8hQMJCE.png

October was all Fairhurst. Curran was the FC starter due to Fairhurst's injury but just have a look at the man's form. 14 goals in 3 games. That for a 20K guy. @Brenty92 was right, this man is something special!! FC United demolished by a Fairhurst hat-trick and Telford and Stockport annihilated by again Fairhurst x5. Best month performance-wise and it's +3 Comebacks that brings us to 8 in total.

November - 3 Comebacks

Spoiler

dQnpAIO.png

rYbpI7W.png

t7DOQxi.png

Another 3. That makes 11 Comebacks. Man, Kidderminster are making this look easy. Cheltenham got a man sent off which certainly helped us big as we were 2-2 till that point. 2 goals secured the Comeback. A Curran brace vs Gainsborough and a boring win vs Colwyn Bay gets us the important 3 points and even more important Comebacks. 11.

December - 2 Comebacks

Spoiler

ZV5f6s6.png

HKQuGC6.png

A late late Fairhurst header vs Altrincham gets us Comeback #12 and another late Fairhurst goal vs Darlington brings our total in the 1st half of the season to 13 Comebacks. And that after being 0-2 down. What a half season this has been. I'm really enjoying these lower league challenges :)

League Table Mid-Season

VUcgOXl.png

We've been top most of the time but a few draws and a loss saw AFC Fylde overtake us right at the end of this first half season. No worries tho, we're in a great spot with a handsome gap between us two and the rest of the field. So with only 1 rival for the championship atm and having already realized 13 out of 20 Comebacks we're riding pretty smooth. Keeping the job (side challenge 1) won't be a problem and neither will be securing promotion (side challenge 2). Finishing top of the table (side challenge 3) is going to be a challenge but I'm delighted with the players and the team performance so I'm confident we can do it. Getting the 20 Comebacks in (main challenge) is surely in the bag no? Can't become complacent now but with 7 Comebacks needed in the remainder of the season, roughly 25 games, I don't see how I could mess that up. Unless there's a major dip in form, formation falls apart, injury crisis, conceding late goals galore, and a couple more buckets of badluck..can't happen can it???

13/20 Comebacks

Thanks for listening. Comments, Encouragements, Blessings, Love, Prayers Welcome. Cheers :)

5 hours ago, Brenty92 said:

13 comebacks in half a season! I told you about Fairhurst ? He's like the John Wick of league 2 and below first year!

He's definitely too good for this league. Curran same story. What a difference having a good pre-season makes. Can't imagine where I'd be had I not been able to sign this pair.

2 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Great job mate, you should have this in the bag. Great job and KIU

Thanks RR. A decent run in 2nd half season could lift the total to 25. I'd be happy with that.

2 hours ago, samhardy said:

Fylde are the money bags of non-league. So if anything, beating them to the title is just as important as those pesky comebacks! Good start mate :)

Now you made it more interesting. Portraying my main rivals as AFC "Money" Fylde gives me that little extra motivation to beat those selfish greeds to the #1 spot. Thanks mate :)

Haha, you got this easy! Nice way to bounce back from that bully Goliath - you're going to walk this in and get full marks! Great stuff.

1 hour ago, scratch99 said:

Haha, you got this easy! Nice way to bounce back from that bully Goliath - you're going to walk this in and get full marks! Great stuff.

It definitely is. Back to back failures aren't a pretty feeling so hopefully I can push this one over the line before the next one comes knocking.

1 hour ago, AndersJ said:

This is absolutely nuts in a good way, crazy tactics i LOVE it!

lets see even more comebacks - you can do it mate!

Cheers mate. Just need that lucky 7 to fall :)

Great work BG. Are you going to try and set a record for number of comebacks, or will just try to win the league once comeback #20 is completed?

34 minutes ago, Mr.Manager said:

Great work BG. Are you going to try and set a record for number of comebacks, or will just try to win the league once comeback #20 is completed?

I'm enjoying the ride and always learning new stuff with these sort of unusual challenges, so I'm going to get as many comebacks as possible in. Even if it means missing out on the title.

4 minutes ago, Taff said:

Dude, 13 in the first half is immense, I take it your master plan is working well for you

It is. Better than expected tbh, or maybe my expections were down somewhat after David's loss. Cheers :)

34 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

I'm enjoying the ride and always learning new stuff with these sort of unusual challenges, so I'm going to get as many comebacks as possible in. Even if it means missing out on the title.

It is. Better than expected tbh, or maybe my expections were down somewhat after David's loss. Cheers :)

Yeah but even "David's Loss" was way better than anyone could have hoped, he came within a goal of toppling Goliath, and I think you sold yourself short on this one, just get as many as you can giving yourself a huge confidence boost for the final challenge

Great going mate ,miffed to have missed a lot of this but looks like you managed a decent total in the DvsG challenge and of course it's turning out easy for you in the comeback challenge.I don't even need to wait for the next update....You're already through.

Looking forward to your next challenge, because this one is already over.:D

2 hours ago, Taff said:

Yeah but even "David's Loss" was way better than anyone could have hoped, he came within a goal of toppling Goliath, and I think you sold yourself short on this one, just get as many as you can giving yourself a huge confidence boost for the final challenge

Thanks mate, you're right (y)

1 hour ago, Harish said:

Great going mate ,miffed to have missed a lot of this but looks like you managed a decent total in the DvsG challenge and of course it's turning out easy for you in the comeback challenge.I don't even need to wait for the next update....You're already through.

Looking forward to your next challenge, because this one is already over.:D

It was hard to settle on a challenging amount without making it impossible. Never done something like this before but at least we've got a benchmark now for potential followers ;)

BG's 1-season challenges 4/5

- The Comeback Kidd -

cVLH8X5.png

- 2nd. Half Season -

• Easy - Keep The Job (side challenge)
  • Medium - Secure Promotion (side challenge)
  • Difficult - Win The League (side challenge)
  • Insane - 20 Comebacks (main challenge)

Let's hurry to see how The Comeback Kidd did in the 2nd half of the season. We're standing on 13 comebacks and need 7 more to get our 20 in and complete this challenge.

January - 3 Comebacks

Spoiler

teHni40.png

1ND3yaB.png

QKjpv5i.png

+ 3 in January. Fairhurst pulled us through vs Worcester with a hat-trick. Salford away was a toughie but the team performance was great. And Telford at home was a breeze for the guys. 16 Comebacks and counting..

February - 2 Comebacks

Spoiler

QJEwEC0.png

OhJRNeM.png

Another 2 makes 18. Another Fairhurst hat-trick and this guy is really having a blast of a season. And a brace as well with a late late goal to seal Comeback #18. He's by far our best player this season. Where would we be without him.

March - 1 Comeback

Spoiler

X0dqb7S.png

Missing our best player the team still delivered. I was fearing the worst as games are starting to run thin now and this opponent are our fiercest rivals. But two late goals gave the team its 19th Comeback. Only 1 needed..

April - 3 Comebacks

Spoiler

SthiEye.png

Kpi1Vba.png

hdOXTT9.png

There it is. 20 Comebacks + a couple extra ones to bury any doubts :) Ngwatala and Fairhurst with braces vs Boston to seal number 20. And two extra ones for the cherries. Came slightly closer than I'd hoped for but the team pulled through.

Final League Table

RbjFqQB.png

Easy the best team in the league. Could've been way better had we not deliberately conceded goals from the start, which is why we scored "too many" draws and losses, but still managed a handsome gap with the runners-up. Kidderminster Champions!!

Best Player

MylxrBu.png

Where would we have been without this monster. He missed about 10 games this season through injury so his goal tally could've been well above 60+. Really solid player and dirt cheap too. Definitely recommend trying him out if you're playing a lower league team. He's quality!

BatiGoal Profile

71rKYCe.png

My info. Only spent 5K total for a squad revamp and it was definitely worth every minute and every penny.

• Easy - Keep The Job (completed)
  • Medium - Secure Promotion (completed)
  • Difficult - Win The League (completed)
  • Insane - 20 Comebacks (completed)

There it is then. Piece of cake keeping the job. Securing promotion wasn't particularly hard either with the team I managed to get. Winning the league was slightly trickier as we started to drop more and more points towards the end but had enough left in the tank to finish top spot with this wonderful Kidderminster side. Toughest challenge was of course getting 20 Comebacks in but we managed it in the end. We got 22 to be exact. Our form got me slightly worried as we drew too many games and the fixtures list was shrinking rather quick as we approached May but the boys did it. Formations worked, players understood my instructions, luck was on our side at times, I guess it all clikced for us. Had a really enjoyable journey. Hope you enjoyed it too. See you all at my next and final challenge of this series.

22 Comebacks

Cheers for reading and see you all soon.

Wow. Just wow. I think you may be best FMM player in the website, no joke. Such an inspiration aswell, it's your international career that made me want to do one, and this is no different as I'm reading this wanting to make a challenge from something as interesting as this, or something different altogether. 

Well done mate, cracked yet another challenge and I'm looking forward to the next one. 

Jesus mate you got there in the end lol. Great job you deserve every bit of press this achievement gets you!

What did I say about Waide 'The Hitman John Wick' Fairehurst'! ? Tempted to try him higher up or in Scotland or something lol he might wreck!