Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career BG's 1-season challenges 5/5: DT with Ronni & Messi

7 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Thanks mate. He's a class player and one never losses his class. Simple :)

4 pace during recovery process. Up to 6-7 now. Always happy to prove non-believers wrong :P cheers!

All the way up to 7, Usian Veron is here

3 hours ago, Idol said:

Awesome start Bati, It's just a shame Juan Roman retired a few years ago or you could have used a decent player! 

Thanks! Sad to see some of these legends leave the game but they've had their moment and new legends are born and will claim that vacant spot.

2 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Great job mate, 11 assists with a man who looks he should have been sent to the retirement home. KIU

Thanks. He's still got that touch. As long as we give him the ball in his feet he's still got that killer pass ;)

8 hours ago, Nick11 said:

I think he's playing best football in his career under the guidance of @BatiGoal ?.

Thanks mate, maybe not quite at the level as he was in his prime but certainly better than under any other manager at this age :D

I couldn't squeeze that many out of a prime Sammy Owusu when I attempted one of your challenges, so hats off to you! You are doing a great job, nice to see an OAP grabbing the headlines. 

2 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

I couldn't squeeze that many out of a prime Sammy Owusu when I attempted one of your challenges, so hats off to you! You are doing a great job, nice to see an OAP grabbing the headlines. 

Thanks mate. He slowed down significantly once he hit the age of 42! But still a decent total. Update tonight.

BG's 1-season challenges 1/5

Juan Sebastián Verón

Veron2.png

Recap Second Half Season

Board Appraisal

Veronnn1.png

From a good piece of business to an excellent one. How 11 assists can change a board's mind :)

Game 20

Veronnn2.png

Great game for Veron. No assists here but a goal which saw us draw level with Juventus. Finishing in European places was our aim for the season but we're very much in contention for the Serie A title if we keep up these performances.

Game 23

Veronnn3.png

A very good result vs Milan in the Coppa Italia which brings us into the quarters. Unfortunately we would end up crashing out vs Fiorentina (3-2). Nonetheless a good run for this Sampdoria side to reach the final 8.

Game 28

Veronnn13.png

Another goal for Veron. Impressive since he's not on free kick duty and not a penalty-taker either. I'd rather see him assist for this challenge but it still makes me happy to see him score a goal on his old day.

Game 30

Veronnn12.png

One of his better games too, but no assists or goals this time. Plenty of key passes tho so he did his job. Just very unfortunate both strikers had a massive off day which results in no progress for our main man today.

Game 39

Veronnn11.png

Man of the Match Veron. Outstanding stuff and his key pass brings Sampdoria 3 huge points and near the top of the Italian table.

Game 41

Veronnn10.png

Captain Veron with his 3rd goal of the season. I much rather see his assist tally jump up but there was no one to pass the ball to so he finished off a great attacking play himself. We're 2pts off leaders Juve by this point.

Game 42

Veronnn9.png

Veronnn8.png

This is easily one of the craziest games I've played this year. This challenge was never about winning the Serie A. I only bothered with 2 transfers at the start of the season. Obviously Veron being one and the other Toornstra to cover RM spot as we were too thin on quality players on the right flank. The team was imo strong enough to give Veron a decent final farewell run in his rich career but not ready for a serious title run in the Serie A. The stats will confirm that. As for the match vs Juve.. 2-1 down and a late equalizer in the 90th min.. still not enough to win the title we score crazily late in the 95th min to dethrone the champions. And Veron played a big part with a goal and an assist. An incredible achievement from Sampdoria. Think I may have a man crush on this side atm :) as they do have a lovely squad to work with. With a few quality additons they can become a real European force. Definitely recommend giving this team a try. Strikers Muriel and Schick (both 19 shooting) could form a fine force up front.

Sampdoria Italian Champions

Veronnn7.png

Champions. Happy for Veron he's leaving the game of football as Italian champions with the very first European club he signed for, pretty fairy tale stuff, but it comes as a surprise to me. Juventus had a terrible season for their standards and you rarely see this top side draw 9 and lose 7 in their FMM season opener. A combination of consistent performances from us and a rather disappointing run from our rivals gets Veron his trophy. Cheers Juan!

42-year-old Veron

Veronnn5.png

Still! not that terrible at 42 and he still hasn't sent in his retirement docs. Amazing.

Manager Bati Goal

Veronnn6.png

To add to my earlier words.. percentage wise one of my poorer seasons with winning % of only 57 but it was enough to be crowned champions and give Veron his assists. But how many did he get exactly?

Challenge Objective: Veron Assists

Veronnn4.png

• First half season: 0 goals and 11 assists
  • Second half season: 4 goals and 6 assists

I was hoping for 20-ish assists, which was probably a high number, but there's nothing wrong with aiming high. We did our best and I think both Veron and myself can look back at a pretty good last FMM career. Hope you enjoyed this Argentine's last journey and if anyone wants to have a go at it and try to beat the current record of 17 assists please do. It's a fun run and certainly one I'd be following. Thanks for reading and see you in the next 1-season challenge 2/5 sometime tomorrow. Cheers!

Juan Sebastián Verón

Veron2.png

An Argentinian Legend

17 is a fantastic result mate, you have done very well there. Good league win aswell, overall a great send-off for him. Looking forward to the next one! 

6 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

17 is a fantastic result mate, you have done very well there. Good league win aswell, overall a great send-off for him. Looking forward to the next one! 

Yeah 17 isn't too bad and the league win is a nice bonus to end any footballing career with. Thanks.

5 hours ago, Brenty92 said:

That's a very respectable score pal, tough to beat that's for sure! Bring on round 2, can't wait

Beatable tho :) thanks mate.

4 hours ago, Taff said:

17 assists is frankly amazing for a 42 year old midfielder with the pace of a snail on speed, congrats dude, look forward to round 2

He has at least another year in him (43). And if he does decide to retire maybe he'll agree to a contract extension (44) lol pretty old for a quality outfield player. Round 2 in the making..

4 hours ago, samhardy said:

You can do better than that man come on :P

I agree. Haven't reached my ceiling yet. Not sure I have one and happy to know you acknowledge that :D

2 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Great job mate, 17 assists is a fantastic number with a man who am barely run. I can't wait to see what challenge you do next

Thanks RR. Due to injury/suspension/fatigue we only got 35 games out of him. That's roughly 1 assist per 2 games. Hope to see someone get 20 tho. Definitely doable.

43 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Wow, very impressive mate! Not sure what I expected but 17 is great going! 

Bring on challenge two! 

Thanks mate! Challenge 2/5 is probably the toughest of this series. I innitially scrapped it off the list as it isn't a 1-season challenge but I am going to attempt to complete it in a single season. I spent approx. 2-3! hours in pre-season to get the team ready for the enormosity ahead :S

43 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Thanks mate! Challenge 2/5 is probably the toughest of this series. I innitially scrapped it off the list as it isn't a 1-season challenge but I am going to attempt to complete it in a single season. I spent approx. 2-3! hours in pre-season to get the team ready for the enormosity ahead :S

intriguing, come on Bati give the fans what they want already ?

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

5953b7f6a5169_download(1).jpg.cb5e3e530d7e4ef207e223cc273ffcb1.jpg

BG's 1-season challenges 2/5

Deportivo La Coruña ’99

LaCoruna4.png

This is a challenge that one would normally do in 2-3 seasons but I'm going to go crazy and try it in one. Just 1. There are three objectives of which one is a piece of cake but the other two not quite. Have a look at the objectives below:

Spoiler

LaCoruna2.png

Sign a Dutch striker and beat Roy Makaay's record of 22 league gls in La Coruna's Championship year.

LaCoruna1.png

Win La Liga in the very first year (2016-17) as a manager at Deportivo La Coruna.

LaCoruna3.png

Beat Club Legend Bebeto's record of 86 club gls in a single season.

Call me crazy but I'm attempting to:

1. Sign a Dutchie and score at least 23 or more league gls.
  2. Win La Liga with Deportivo La Coruna in my first season.
  3. Beat Club Legend Bebeto's record of 86 goals in 1 season.

Let me explain. I could easily complete this in 2 or 3 seasons as per the original challenge but I need A CHALLENGE! I need to test myself and winning the title in the season opener with Deportivo is a pretty tough test as there's very little time for team building. And so is beating Brazilian Legend Bebeto's record in season 1. Beating Makaay's record will just be a formality to be honest. I'm obviously having a go at this because I'm giving myself an almost decent -but still terrible truth be told- chance. Odds are probably not greatly in my favor for this one but I'm confident I won't be too embarrassingly far off. I have been testing a couple things with formations and striker partnerships and key to this attempt was finding that quality Dutchie for this challenge otherwise it'd be a waste of everybody's time. It was tough to get this mystery man's signature due to Depor's somewhat limited budgets but with some in- and out- transfers I managed to get my guy and give this challenge a thumbs up.

BaitGoal's Master Plan: I have signed my Dutchie who will not only beat Makaay's 22 La Liga goals but also Bebeto's 86 club goals and crown Depor Champions. That's kinda the plan I have laid out for myself. I hope I'm not going to regret this tomorrow :)

Challenge Creator: @danovic78 Big thanks to you!

Challenge Link: Deportivo La Coruna '99 Challenge

Hope you guys are as excited about Challenge 2/5 as I am. Intro will be up some time tomorrow. Cheers guys!

1 hour ago, mcandrew003 said:

Seems you aren't a stranger to impossible tasks BG, I have faith :D

Don't we get the best ideas under pressure? ;)

1 hour ago, Brenty92 said:

Jesus Christ, that's a tough task to say the least! Good luck

I have run a couple tests where I got 80+ gls but not yet with Depor. Just need that bit of luck along the way. You listening Jesus? :D

5 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

BG's 1-season challenges 2/5

Deportivo La Coruña ’99

LaCoruna4.png

This is a challenge that one would normally do in 2-3 seasons but I'm going to go crazy and try it in one. Just 1. There are three objectives of which one is a piece of cake but the other two not quite. Have a look at the objectives below:

Hide contents

LaCoruna2.png

Sign a Dutch striker and beat Roy Makaay's record of 22 league gls in La Coruna's Championship year.

LaCoruna1.png

Win La Liga in the very first year (2016-17) as a manager at Deportivo La Coruna.

LaCoruna3.png

Beat Club Legend Bebeto's record of 86 club gls in a single season.

Call me crazy but I'm attempting to:

1. Sign a Dutchie and score at least 23 or more league gls.
  2. Win La Liga with Deportivo La Coruna in my first season.
  3. Beat Club Legend Bebeto's record of 86 goals in 1 season.

Let me explain. I could easily complete this in 2 or 3 seasons as per the original challenge but I need A CHALLENGE! I need to test myself and winning the title in the season opener with Deportivo is a pretty tough test as there's very little time for team building. And so is beating Brazilian Legend Bebeto's record in season 1. Beating Makaay's record will just be a formality to be honest. I'm obviously having a go at this because I'm giving myself an almost decent -but still terrible truth be told- chance. Odds are probably not greatly in my favor for this one but I'm confident I won't be too embarrassingly far off. I have been testing a couple things with formations and striker partnerships and key to this attempt was finding that quality Dutchie for this challenge otherwise it'd be a waste of everybody's time. It was tough to get this mystery man's signature due to Depor's somewhat limited budgets but with some in- and out- transfers I managed to get my guy and give this challenge a thumbs up.

BaitGoal's Master Plan: I have signed my Dutchie who will not only beat Makaay's 22 La Liga goals but also Bebeto's 86 club goals and crown Depor Champions. That's kinda the plan I have laid out for myself. I hope I'm not going to regret this tomorrow :)

Challenge Creator: @danovic78 Big thanks to you!

Challenge Link: Deportivo La Coruna '99 Challenge

Hope you guys are as excited about Challenge 2/5 as I am. Intro will be up some time tomorrow. Cheers guys!

i freaking LOVVVVVEEEEE this challenge !!! i miss the gold old days when this was even possible ( Depor winning anything :D! and bebeto ohhh boy was he just godlike ....also for Brazil together with Romario :D!

5 hours ago, AndersJ said:

i freaking LOVVVVVEEEEE this challenge !!! i miss the gold old days when this was even possible ( Depor winning anything :D! and bebeto ohhh boy was he just godlike ....also for Brazil together with Romario :D!

Thanks GG (Graphics Genius) You'll be surprised how decent their team is. They need additions to the starting 11 to compete but with the spine assembled + the brand new formation we're ready to break records :)

5 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Wow, just wow, I can't believe your going to attempt this. Good luck mate. I can't wait to see how this season pans out.

Thanks for the blessing RR. Aren't sad endings a thing now? They say we learn from our failures so I'm once again ready to learn. Got my pencil and notepad at hand :)