Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career BG's 1-season challenges 5/5: DT with Ronni & Messi

11 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Also, I have decided NOT to post this tactic in a seperate thread but just keep it in here for the people who took the time to follow this career.

LOL nice. :laugh:  Nice formation.  Was Mosquera a DLP or CM?  And I assume you had attacking mentality?  Your possession #s are crazy high.  

Also, can you elaborate a little more on the "healthy game time - rest" balance of things?  How many games did he rest for?  Or were you just subbing him out early?

This is the most amazing post, simply above all other posts . The thing that amazed me ? the most was you pulled it off with a mediocre team . Lukk de jong  is one of the most Lethal ST in the since fmh13.  It's shame that i haven't used him on fmm17 . 

... would love to know how you figure out such tactics & instructions. Can you post the Tactics along with instructions. 

Can't wait for the next part ...?

@Harish I do the impossible..again, you say? Glad you timed your comeback and weren't here to witness my consecutive failings not too long back :laugh:

3 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Great stuff mate, that is just incredible! Also: thank goodness it went to extra time! ?

Exactly. Couldn't care less tbf if I won or lost that final so long as it remained all square for an extra 30min of play :)

2 hours ago, Nick11 said:

... would love to know how you figure out such tactics & instructions. Can you post the Tactics along with instructions.

No probs, will do before I post the next challenge's intro.

How do figure it out.. just keep throwing things until something sticks. Basically, I have my own interpretation of formations and player roles and the game has its own. If these were nicely alligned we'd get perfect combos pretty often, but somewhere there's a discrepancy so all we can do is test test test what makes sense for both myself AND the match engine.

One example of a "difference in opinion" if you will is having a double AP behind the striker. It's nowhere near top of the list of things to test out but apparently the EME loves it. So I go with it.

4 hours ago, veerus said:

LOL nice. :laugh:  Nice formation.  Was Mosquera a DLP or CM?  And I assume you had attacking mentality?  Your possession #s are crazy high.  

Also, can you elaborate a little more on the "healthy game time - rest" balance of things?  How many games did he rest for?  Or were you just subbing him out early?

Yes, attacking ment. and Mosquera was a DLP. Not always getting good AvR's tbh, inconsistent at times -purely looking at this rating which I choose to not always trust- but team performance was top so ignored it. 

Re my earlier point on how I approached this challenge. I had little time but got plenty now to elaborate on those 5 points.. Formation, player, luck speak for themselves, but the other 2:

Game time / Rest balance - Is this what ultimately brought us 88 goals. Just can't say. My choices were either going with a team that play in Europe and get loads of games vs a team that doesn't and get "extra" rest.

Something like: Intense schedule (60+ games) with default training vs lighter schedule (45ish games) with intense training. I've tried the former plenty of times where oftentimes players get only as much as 3 days rest, but never got to 80 goals. So option B it was and a couple tests + this challenge turned out very positive. Possibly due to players having more rest and starting most matches fully fit. Possibly.

Passing Focus - Usually don't spend much time on this, pure laziness, but results were good so I kept doing it. Before a ball is played I check the opponent and determine what our best bet is re route to opponent's goal. Differs per match per opponent. Halftime again, have another peek, weak flank, odd combo, just anything that seems exploitable that where I lay the passing focus on.

Hmm.. a lengthier reply than intended.

6 minutes ago, Taff said:

giphy.gif.21de360bb8f6d3d211da0305ee47d727.gif

Nothing more to be said, All hail King Luuk and bow before Lord BatiGoal the LORD ALMIGHTY OF VIBE

:laugh::laugh: I'm so going to undo all of this in 3/5 lol

2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

@Harish I do the impossible..again, you say? Glad you timed your comeback and weren't here to witness my consecutive failings not too long back :laugh:

Well looks like my comeback has been a lucky charm for you :P.

As for the next challenge being unique ....I am sure it would entail scoring 100+goals....

54 minutes ago, Mr.Manager said:

There's nothing more to say, you have killed it this time. I have to admit, I didn't think you had a chance! Amazing work.

To complete it I needed to beat my PB so chances were always slim. Thanks man.

Next one should be up tonight. Going to be kind of a different experience but it's something I'd like to mess about with. And sometimes the odd ones can be just as fun :)

I tried a flank passing focus last night in a couple games. The ball was still all over the place in the highlights. May need to add this to my list of "Things to test if I'm behind on TV".

1 hour ago, veerus said:

I tried a flank passing focus last night in a couple games. The ball was still all over the place in the highlights. May need to add this to my list of "Things to test if I'm behind on TV".

Ah yes, that reminds me of an issue that's been raised before (by Ashez?) re how "accurate" these highlights are. Same goes for ratings and stats in general, dunno if these tell the complete story so they could be misleading in a way. I do look at them but I go much more by results now. 

In other words, I'm done over-analyzing things alone and keep doing whatever it is I'm doing when something works. Maybe fiddling with passing focus works because a) I do find exploitable areas or b) the actual act of fiddling lol I have stopped caring. It works - I do it. FMM for Dummies :)

45 minutes ago, samhardy said:

@BatiGoal just so we're clear, I was referring to De Jong as the donkey, not you :P

He scored 0 goals in half a season at Newcastle a few years back.

I'm the manager and I always protect my players, especially a Legend like him :D

9 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

jIQkUIp.png

3tg2lNF.png

There ya go.

Thanks for letting me know . It really helps me to figure out how player role  combination works .

It would be great for other folks , new & old , if you could write in detail (only if you feel so)  how asses opponents weak point & how player role works in combination.

1 hour ago, Nick11 said:

It would be great for other folks , new & old , if you could write in detail (only if you feel so)  how asses opponents weak point & how player role works in combination.

I choose not to overcomplicate things as I'd get bored and lose the fun quickly otherwise..

What I do is pretty simple stuff tbh like:

• Explore opponent's BPDs, these are generally not the most reliable of defenders so I check their greens. If they're indeed "weak" I go via them (center). Especially when there's a BPD duo.
  • Flanks same thing. WBs add a lot to attack and sometimes they become a liability if they aren't great fullbacks. If they're lacking decent FB greens I go via them (flanks).
  • Subs. Once opponents make a substitution I check the "new" player out. Subs are often of lower quality than starters. If these are particularly weak I make sure play goes via them.
  • Red Card / Space. When opponents go a man down I look at the new set up (if at all) and see where there's space to exploit.
  • BWM. Same as BPDs..not known for holding position. If no real weaknesses I like "going after" their BWM as it sometimes means space for my players. Unless there's a packed midfield for cover.
  • Weakest link. If I can't really find anything I pick their weakest player (judging by attributes) and direct play via him, otherwise I give up and opt for a simple 'mixed' passing focus.

That's the sort of thing I'm looking for basically.

BG's 1-season challenges 3/5

David vs. Goliath

ehVc0Op.png

The Biblical version reads:

...David and Goliath confront each other, Goliath with his armor and javelin, David with his staff and sling. "The Philistine cursed David by his gods", but David replies: "This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you down; and I will give the dead bodies of the host of the Philistines this day to the birds of the air and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel, and that all this assembly may know that God saves not with sword and spear; for the battle is God's, and he will give you into our hand." David hurls a stone from his sling with all his might and hits Goliath in the center of his forehead, Goliath falls on his face to the ground, and David cuts off his head...

The FMM version reads:

An underdog situation - a contest where a smaller, weaker opponent faces a much bigger, stronger adversary - if successful, the underdog may win in an unusual or surprising way

Three weeks ago...

Introduction

Hi guys, BatiGoal here, I'm still kinda a little emotionally rocked by the turn of events that unsettled the spirits at my new club. Yes, I got appointed at a German club. A big club. This was three weeks or so ago. That's not the point tho..sorry I'm trying not to lose it so I may sound blabberish at this point..again apologies.. it's the owner. A madman for sure. Pre-season was running as the smoothest silks on Earth until this, this madman approached me with a request. It's..you know..the kind of request a manager can't bin.. When it's the owner and the manner and tone of his speech..OK it's a <deleted by Moderator> demand!! So anyway.. I've got a perfect squad, pretty much settled on a perfect 11 too but it's his cousin. He wants me to give his cousin time on the pitch. My assistant checked this cousin's player history and discovered to my utter astonishment that he's worth less than 10K whereas my current top striker is worth the lottery. So this..cousin..joined us for a training and my balls dropped on the grass 10 seconds in. That touch..that very first touch of the ball, no feel, no technique, no control, last time I witnessed such an ugly touch was when I was watching my 7yo playing in the park with his buddies. But ok, that's kids they're learning the game, perfectly normal. But this cousin.. a blind man could immediately see this..cousin..was wayyy out of his league. He has no place -ABSOLUTELY NO PLACE- in a team like this. Heck, even the Bundesliga is miles high for this worthless absolutely shambles of a player. Would hardly make the bench on my local ladies team, heck, this is going to be hugely embarrassing. Sigh.. what choice do I have? What <deleted by Moderator> choice!?! I'm trying to keep myself together. Truly sorry for the rant.

Here's the deal, I'm playing a 4-5-1 and..geez.. don't think I can look my squad in the eye anymore after today but.so the deal is that my top striker plays half the games and this cousin the other half. Ah, we actually settled on 25. So my top striker, my WORLDCLASS striker gets 25 and so does this SHAMBLES of a cousin. Well, in order to try to spare total humiliation I've decided to play my top striker in the toughest games, like Champions League, rivals, title contenders etc..and this cousin dude in the easier ones, which in all honesty there are none for this .. this non-player. But it may help balance the scale the slightest of margins. Long story short.. this has resulted in a challenge between Mr. Worldclass vs Mr. Shambles.. or.. David vs Goliath.

Present time...

This morning this madman owner entered my office and was absolutely livid. He found out about this little challenge I had nothing to do with..this David vs Goliath thing, and made it clear in no uncertain terms that if I was to embarrass his cousin it'd be the end of me. And the end of my managerial career. I guess you know what I'm going through now huh! I must give both strikers 25 games. They must both play in a 4-5-1 formation as the front man with the same team players. and lastly..David must win.

• A <10K striker must outscore a 100M one.

SIGH. Well, that's goodbye for me after this season..or.. or does David have something up his sleeve? Possibly???

Cheers for listening.

Challenge Creator: @Oi Oi big thanks for creating this.

Challenge Link: £1,000,000 Striker VS £10,000 Striker

Challenge Objective: Outscore Goliath

x072ryt.png

Next Update...

- The revealing of David -

Well,that was unexpected.Looks like a very tough challenge.The problem with Lewy is that he never can stop scoring :P.If your david scores one goal every match.He will score 3 goals every match.I am really looking forward to how you overcome that issue.

Great presentation.Love the way you molded it into a narrative.

Good luck mate!!

<deleted by Moderator> me! This will be epic! 

Can't wait to see how you do this. Play greedy IFs / midfielders with Goliath and assist-makers with David? Make David a poacher and Goliath something that doesn't suit? Sit back with Men Behind Ball for Goliath and Attacking for David? Still going to be almost impossible...

Hmmmm really interesting challenge! Can't see David scoring more than 10 goals actually, maybe you can play lewa at defence and he will PROBABLY score less?

3 hours ago, Harish said:

Well,that was unexpected.Looks like a very tough challenge.The problem with Lewy is that he never can stop scoring :P.If your david scores one goal every match.He will score 3 goals every match.I am really looking forward to how you overcome that issue.

Great presentation.Love the way you molded it into a narrative.

Good luck mate!!

How I overcome that issue?? Who says I won't fall on my face this time :) If I win it's all about the achievement if I lose it's the journey that matters lol. But in seriousness it's crazy tough and I know it. There's a few things I can try but it's an immense task. Which is why I know I'm going to enjoy it whether this mystery cousin makes or breaks me. Thanks mate!

1 hour ago, mcandrew003 said:

Love the presentations, you really set the scene well ;) A great challenge and I'm looking forward to seeing your pick for it! 

Thanks man and ahh big thanks for editting my post. Once again, apologies for my French ;)

1 hour ago, scratch99 said:

<deleted by Moderator> me! This will be epic! 

Can't wait to see how you do this. Play greedy IFs / midfielders with Goliath and assist-makers with David? Make David a poacher and Goliath something that doesn't suit? Sit back with Men Behind Ball for Goliath and Attacking for David? Still going to be almost impossible...

As mentioned in my intro, we gotta use the same formation and starting eleven. Also, conform the rules, no misplacing anyone such as Robben in goal etc..everyone plays in their green comfortzone or the media and the fans will annihilate me for valid reason.

Everything you mentioned up there is fair game tho, but indeed what are the chances. I'll give it my best shot tho.

1 hour ago, Taff said:

You really do like to torture yourself dude, can't wait for what will surely be another BG Biblical challenge

I love pain :) it's just one of those things that came up and I can't let it rest. At this point I feel like we're good with just minimizing the onslaught and give David 0.1% of beating Goliath. 

It'll be another educational experience for me and hopefully an enjoyable one for you guys. Thanks for the blessings everyone!

6 minutes ago, salohcin said:

Hmmmm really interesting challenge! Can't see David scoring more than 10 goals actually, maybe you can play lewa at defence and he will PROBABLY score less?

They must play in their (green) positions or I'll be thrown out after game 1. I may, just may have a very small chance if my plan works out :)

53 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

Mate this should be good! Can't wait to see who David the main man is ?

Yeah the cousin lol will pop an update tonight. He's Greek fyi and as a matter of fact, he's actually not that dropdead bad for an under 10k guy :) he's on IT atm preparing for his first game.

36 minutes ago, Eogtuc0910 said:

Ha

No chance, I know.