Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career BG's 1-season challenges 5/5: DT with Ronni & Messi

6 hours ago, Mr.Manager said:

This is brilliant mate. Might be my favourite challenge out of the five, and i really like how you've shown us the thought process for selecting your formation. Good luck mate. I think you'll get close, but i'm not 100% convinced you'll hit your target - you said about 50 games for the season, so you need them both to average a goal a game...

Finding formations is really fun. Endless possibilities with different teams, players etc etc. Love it.

Upside of going with a team that plays approx. 50 games is that the players will generally be well-rested for the games but downside is of course we can't permit any longterm injuries.

5 hours ago, salohcin said:

Im not convinced by the formation but eme nvr makes sense anyway! Loving the idea of this challenge, looking forward to reading the next update!

Cheers mate. It's the formation I'm probably keeping until the end of the calendar year. It's the half-way point in this challenge so I'm supposed to be on 50gls by then. Anything less and I'll switch to something new. End of Oct. in my career now and I've won every single game (10 out of 10 in the league) but still behind schedule. Solid formation but not many goals. Probably also due to the lack of quality of Ronni & Messi. Decisions...

BG's 1-season challenges 5/5

- Double Trouble with Ronni & Messi -

55EP0v0.png

Challenge Objective: Score 100 goals with Ronni & Messi

- First Half Season -

Let the real work begin.

I've spent 8-10 games figuring out a decent tactic to get Ronni & Messi firing and it actually worked pretty sweet, our league position in the table will confirm that, but due to injuries in November-December I was forced to try an earlier formation with a couple tweaks. It wasn't as effective but it came close. At least we managed to continue our unbeaten streak and get Ronni & Messi a little closer to the 50 gls where we should be somewhere near half-way point now. Yes, according to the schedule and calculations we should be on 50. But we're not. Making a single average player get 50gls in 1 season is tough as it is. Making two average players score 50 each and 100 combined, yep, slightly tougher. I'm indeed struggling to reach those numbers be we keep doing our maximum for these lads.

Our Starting Formation: 4-1-3-2

v2zpizm.png

Did the job very well but due to injuries had to switch to this..

Our Alternative Formation: 4-1-3-2

oID8vSM.png

A 4-1-3-2 as well but with a deeper CM and two flank players. 1 Winger and 1 AP.

League Position

EtgdDDB.png

Our league spot is pretty badass of course sitting 15pts clear of giants Monaco, PSG and Lyon. We're cruising this by all means but I'd like to have more goals by now. We're winning almost everything but our average Ronni and Messi aren't scoring a lot of goals. Well, tbf, they're scoring almost 1 goal per game which is good for a striking duo but I'm striving for more. Much more. I wan't to seal the deal way before I play the final game of the season, but as thing stand now we're going to need to scrape through. If at all.

Ronni at half-way mark

cslMkFC.png

Doing well our Ronni for his standards. Shooting up from 12 to 14. Greens from 1 to 3 now. Great form, but he's not been able to reach the goal/game ratio. He's slightly trailing that benchmark so we gotta hope he starts producing the much better goods in the remainder of the season. The next 25 or so games.

Messi at half-way mark

mvbE71U.png

Messi had no greens but got one now, upped his shooting from 14 to 16. He looks the lesser of the two and was the much cheaper one as well but he's actually outperforming Ronni for now. Messi did reach his goal/game ratio, he's doing a little better than that and we need to hope he stays fit, both of 'em of course, and pray the boys finish on a high. That's the only way to complete this challenge. Anything less, and it's Game Over.

Best Performance

SP8rOUR.png

By far our best performance this 1st half a season. Going toe to toe with our toughest opponent and we got away with both Ronni & Messi ending on the scoresheet + 3 pts. A lucky escape parhaps scoring two late goals but games last 90min so a more than fair win it is. Delighted with the team performance.

Best Game

U9BkzX3.png

For obvious reasons our best game this 1st half a season. That's +5gls from our boys. Ronni got his 1 in and Messi 4. Absolutely delighted with this as we were sinking further and further behind schedule but this game put us back with a couple goals of where we should be. I'd love to get a few more of these and I'd admit I be the confident manager I atm am not.

Many More Ronni & Messi Goals

Spoiler

Gl2cu8T.png

7Sa0cKm.png

7nMKaPc.png

BtO3gbo.png

6FDzbdc.png

TzRYoMt.png

bYAb439.png

TelHwDs.png

Some good wins as you see and very consistent performances too, but most wins are by 2-3 goals only. Would have liked to get more 4-5 goal scorelines. But we've perhaps been a little unlucky with both Domestic Cup draws as we've mostly faced top league opponents where I was hoping for much weaker adversaries for bigger scorelines. Well, that didn't happen, so we need to go at it the hard way I suppose.

Ronni Goals After 25 Games

WeFRaTF.png

He should be on 25 gls in 25 games. But he's on 20. So we need to make up 5 goals in the remaining 25 or so games in the 2nd half of the season. I must see a better Ronni from Jan-May or we're doomed.

Messi Goals After 25 Games

d4jW3r3.png

For a 250K guy he's doing pretty good. 27 gls in 25 games. Slightly ahead of schedule and let's hope it stays that way or..I'll say it again.. we're doomed.

Challenge Standings After 25 Games

47 / 100 Goals

Still not entirely disastrous of course but we really need to up our game if we're to complete this challenge and this entire career on a high. There's 53 goals remaining for this duo and I'll do my best, Ronni & Messi will do their best too I'm sure. Now what we need is a couple things not to go against us and we'll bring this home. Or we'll die trying. Thanks for listening and all comments welcome. Cheers :)

Next Update

2nd. half season

Haha brilliant with Ronnie - i did not no as a dane that he had it in him. - in Denmark before he got transfered to france they .....a few danes called him the pistol....???? hope he is on fire for you!

Looking good so far mate, only slightly behind schedule, a little bit more tweaking and maybe a role change for Ronni might be enough to swing it back in your favour. Keep up the great work!

You got them firing nice and early, not much of a bedding in period there! I'm actually more confident then I was before you started the challenge! Good luck man

3 hours ago, AndersJ said:

Haha brilliant with Ronnie - i did not no as a dane that he had it in him. - in Denmark before he got transfered to france they .....a few danes called him the pistol....???? hope he is on fire for you!

Let's hope Pistol Ronni brings his A game.

3 hours ago, Brenty92 said:

Looking good so far mate, only slightly behind schedule, a little bit more tweaking and maybe a role change for Ronni might be enough to swing it back in your favour. Keep up the great work!

You're right, I may need to swap their roles or tweak a few things to get that little extra out of the pair.

2 hours ago, Mr.Manager said:

You got them firing nice and early, not much of a bedding in period there! I'm actually more confident then I was before you started the challenge! Good luck man

I'm not entirely sure how many games we have left so things can get tricky towards the end. In any case I'll go from game to game and give it our all.

Cheers for the support, guys!

Great start mate, you are behind schedule but not by much at all. You have destroyed the league, let's hope the games pile up and Ronni and Messi grab the goals needed!

1 hour ago, veerus said:

I thought you used to experiment with formations to find the one that works before actually doing these challenges? 

I used to yes, but I'm making it more of a challenge now. More fun this way not having any "headstart". I guess it had also something to do with fear of failing in the past, now I'm more than happy to fail in front of a crowd :)

Comeback - Wonderful achievement Bati! I didn't think it was possible but you walked it! Such a fun and enjoyable read! 

Ronnie + Messi - The second I saw the title I knew there had to be more to it than that haha. Not gunna lie I did skip the tactical stuff as like you know I like to keep my thoughts as my own, but people seemed to have enjoyed it. As for the start of the challenge it's begun with a bang! Very impressive start indeed mate. 

I'm delighted you decided to hold off posting the final update until I was back ;), appreciated :P 

Bring it home mate! 

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

Comeback - Wonderful achievement Bati! I didn't think it was possible but you walked it! Such a fun and enjoyable read! 

Ronnie + Messi - The second I saw the title I knew there had to be more to it than that haha. Not gunna lie I did skip the tactical stuff as like you know I like to keep my thoughts as my own, but people seemed to have enjoyed it. As for the start of the challenge it's begun with a bang! Very impressive start indeed mate. 

I'm delighted you decided to hold off posting the final update until I was back ;), appreciated :P 

Bring it home mate! 

Cheers mate!

A combination of not having much time, testing a couple things out, running a Man Utd career on the side + waiting for your return :) final update hopefully before the turn of the month.

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Cheers mate!

A combination of not having much time, testing a couple things out, running a Man Utd career on the side + waiting for your return :) final update hopefully before the turn of the month.

Nice! Testing things sounds exciting ;) 

BG's 1-season challenges 5/5

- Double Trouble with Ronni & Messi -

55EP0v0.png

Challenge Objective: Score 100 goals with Ronni & Messi

- Second Half Season -

It's been long overdue this update. Apologies guys, a couple little projects have kept me busy. Now let's roll to the final update:

Reminder...

Challenge Standings After 25 Games

47 / 100 Goals

This is where we stand..47 scored and..53 to go to get 100. Ooff..tough task ahead.

Messi Hattrick

4MH3zW6.png

Ronni Hattrick

V0LhaBF.png

The boys started off really well in January and February but then hit a rather painful dry spell during the March games which really damaged our chances. Injuries, lack of form, badluck..it wasn't our month and we got really behind schedule...

7 Games left.. 24 Goals needed..

HjWARde.png

As I said..March really hurt us bad and we now need 21 goals after a fine performance from Ronni & Messi.

6 Games left.. 21 Goals needed..

p8J7OZf.png

Brilliant! 4 goals from the lads. At this rate we might...just might still be in it.

5 Games.. 17 Goals needed..

JQamZ2E.png

Another 2 goals..but I'm starting to realize this mountain is just to massive to conquer..

Messi Suspended

ypNVdXF.png

Of course..why not really turn the odds against us with a 3rd booking. Messi sits 1 out so Ronni's gotta bring it..

4 Games left.. 15 Goals needed..

kyUGiwS.png

And 2 again from Ronni. We needed way more tho than a mere brace. Sigh..

3 Games left.. 13 Goals needed..

HSWeFHn.png

Ronni once again with a brace. It just isn't enough. Damnn March really bit us in the butt..

2 Games left.. 11 Goals needed..

tj5QCI6.png

A Messi brace this time. If we can't do hat-tricks we're doomed. I guess we'll just have to play that last game vs PSG..

1 Game left.. 9 Goals needed..

wV7aQMd.png

A fine win to be fair against the best opponent, and we got the Cup, but 1 goal a piece brings us 7 short of the 100. Shame.

Ronni Stats

Spoiler

GDkzPIp.png

4pWdKHZ.png

Messi Stats

Spoiler

B2o1pXU.png

hEX2pGU.png

93 / 100 Goals

Final Words

Well, that's it for these 5 one-season challenges. We started off with a lovely Veron Challenge where I attempted to give this Argentine the stage of the world one last time. And he delivered with 17 assists. A really enjoyable journey that was. Next up was La Coruna '99 Challenge where the main objective was to smash club legend Bebeto's record of 86 goals. A Dutchman came in, Luuk de Jong his name, and he played his best season of his life netting the ball a stunning 88 times! One of my most satisfying seasons yet. 3rd Challenge in the series was David vs Goliath. Tasos Karamanos (a cheap striker) played David and Robert Lewandowski (a not so cheap striker) played Goliath. Some battle that was and is definitely also one of my best seasons this year. David lost that battle but he put up a hell of a fight. Goliath prevailed in the end by a single goal (34 to 33) after multiple sudden deaths. I might do this one over some day, really loved this type of battle, and I think I may just know how to defeat that Polish giant.

#4 was The Comeback Kidd.. where I managed Kidderminster to at least 20 comebacks in the season. It demanded a totally different approach compared to the earlier challenges as we needed formations to concede and to comeback and win the game. We did just enough to comeback 22 times. Had a blast guiding Kidderminster to new heights. And then the toughest of the series, Challenge 5/5; Double Trouble with Ronni & Messi. It's sometimes really difficult to settle on a right amount. 40 a piece for a combined 80? wait..why not just 100, 50 a piece? I knew it was going to be tough with this Ronni & Messi, not the real thing of course. They're of less than average quality so it was always going to be tough scoring 100 goals. But I love challenges, it pushes me to improve and get every last drop out of the players and of myself. It wasn't enough. 93 / 100. But looking back I'm not entirely disappointed. Getting 50 with 1 of them would already be a decent feat I think so getting 44 with one AND 49 with the other in the same season is something I can live with in the end. 5 Challenges. 2 kinda failed and 3 were a success, but in the end I loved all 5 of them. Win or lose. And I hope you did as well.

Thanks big for all the support and comments throughout these 5 little challenges, guys! You all made it worth the time and effort I've put in it. Let me know which of the 5 you enjoyed the most and I may build a bigger challenge with that sort of concept for a future career. See you next time! :)

So unfortunate mate, I need your tactic, if you can squeeze 93 goals out of a below average pair of strikers, imagine what Messi and Ronaldo could conjure up!! ?

My personal favourite was DvsG, just how you took a 2k valued striker into a showdown with Lewa and so little as 1 single decision could have won it for you is beyond me, took him to sudden death aswell! The stuff of fairytale a in my eyes, so sad to see this finished now! Bring on Bati's next adventure!

added 0 minutes later

Coruna '99 challenge was a very close second for me.

Thanks @Brenty92 you're right the margins between success and failure have been razor thin. David could've defeated Goliath had he not missed that penalty or limped off injured at halftime. Then again, we scored a couple very late goals during The Comeback Kidd to secure wins so things could've gone differently there too with 18 or 19. Luuk's 88 goals no different. Could've been 85 with an extra injury, or 90+ with better players around him. It's in the details and that's why I continue to love playing this terrible little game :)

2 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Thanks @Brenty92 you're right the margins between success and failure have been razor thin. David could've defeated Goliath had he not missed that penalty or limped off injured at halftime. Then again, we scored a couple very late goals during The Comeback Kidd to secure wins so things could've gone differently there too with 18 or 19. Luuk's 88 goals no different. Could've been 85 with an extra injury, or 90+ with better players around him. It's in the details and that's why I continue to love playing this terrible little game :)

It's why we all return to this brilliantly annoying game after a hiatus ?

4 hours ago, samhardy said:

Yet another failure from yourself BG. Don't know how you dare flood the forums with these so called 'successful tactics' :D

Shhh!!! the Challenge Cup's starting soon so we need to put some rubbish tactics out there for our competitors :)

33 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Very unlucky mate, so close yet so far, KIU 

Thanks mate, I'll take that KIU into the next challenge ;)

Aww man, that was so close! The series might have ended in failure but the series has been a massive successful! Wonder set or careers mate! 

12 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Aww man, that was so close! The series might have ended in failure but the series has been a massive successful! Wonder set or careers mate! 

Thanks! It was a really nice change to the regular careers I had been playing and it's energized me massively to go for my next longterm career. I think I already know which one :)

Is it really a failure if we all didn't think you were going to succeed anyway? :P 

Kidding, this has been a fun thread to follow.  Well done. 

9 hours ago, veerus said:

Is it really a failure if we all didn't think you were going to succeed anyway? :P 

Kidding, this has been a fun thread to follow.  Well done. 

:laugh: true words. Thanks mate!

Massively enjoyable following this, I think your careers make up most of my top 5 this year, up there's with your Bazoer one this. Enjoyed he Coruna one so much, seeing you squeeze that many out of a average striker was phenomenal! However, my favourite has to go to David and Goliath, the way you teased us and updated it made it so tense to read! Hats off to you BG, you have once again found a way to inspire and entertain every Viber who clicked on this thread :D

3 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

Massively enjoyable following this, I think your careers make up most of my top 5 this year, up there's with your Bazoer one this. Enjoyed he Coruna one so much, seeing you squeeze that many out of a average striker was phenomenal! However, my favourite has to go to David and Goliath, the way you teased us and updated it made it so tense to read! Hats off to you BG, you have once again found a way to inspire and entertain every Viber who clicked on this thread :D

Thank you so much, mate. It's that all important FMM circle we got going here on Vibe. Your challenges inspire me, my careers the next, new challenge get posted, and so on. Vibe keeps me playing FMM and FMM keeps dragging me back here. :)

I wanted a break after this but now I can't wait to get the next one started hehe!

3 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Thank you so much, mate. It's that all important FMM circle we got going here on Vibe. Your challenges inspire me, my careers the next, new challenge get posted, and so on. Vibe keeps me playing FMM and FMM keeps dragging me back here. :)

I wanted a break after this but now I can't wait to get the next one started hehe!

You deserve one, but then again what would we do without a BG career to go to? ;)

Wooohooo great job Bati!!! Finally done with this series! Success rate is not too bad HAHAHAH pls do more of such challenges soon, they have been great for reading and i especially loved david vs goliath cos its rly a rly rly rly tough challenge and the messi and ronniw one ain't bad either! You juz needed a little more luck i guess! But thanks for doing up this series!