Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges Dumps To Dynasty - Taking The City

Dumps To Dynasty

Taking The City

Hello all and welcome to my latest challenge! Having been out of the challenge-making game for a while, I have decided to come back in with something I feel could attract a fair bit of interest. This challenge isn't just one challenge, but a series of small challenges based on certain cities in the world with clubs being 'left in the shadows' by their bigger neighbours. 

What Is It?

Taking The City is a series of small challenges with certain goals to achieve in order complete the challenge. You can choose to complete all of them and put your name down as the elite for these challenges, or complete 1 or 2 and get your name on a leaderboard. These challenges are mostly a season or so long, but some could be more ;) Anyway, I present, Taking The City! 

1. Location: Madrid, Spain

IMG_7737.thumb.PNG.3b22beb2b68b02fabeb9b9262dbd2860.PNG

Madrid has been a one club city for a while. Atletico have languished in the shadow of their rivals Real for the best part of their existence, and after 2 defeats to their city rivals in the Champions League, and total league domination, Atletico need to keep their name stuck at the top of Spanish football or risk being obliterated by Real's success. The best way for the Madrid based side to establish their legacy over Real would be with a Champions League crown, whilst emulating the achievements of club legend Diego Forlan would go a long way in bringing back success. 

Challenge:

Win the Champions League in season 1

Finish above Real in the league to establish your control of the city

Replicate Diego Forlan's 32 goal season with any player

Leaderboard

1. W4RLOCK - W4RLOCK's Attempt - 3/3 Objectives

2. Location: Rome, Italy

IMG_7741.thumb.PNG.a985b7dccfb74ed0315e23353dcc6ccc.PNGAfter their founding in 1900, Lazio have been fairly successful in the league and cups, with an array of silverware during the late 90's. However, their neighbours Roma have won more Coppa Italias and Serie A's than them, despite being found 27 years later than Lazio. With Roma having domestic dominance over their city counterparts, it's time for the older brother to take charge once again. Can you replicate Lazio's best ever season and retake the title as kings of Rome? 

Challenge:

Win both the Serie A and the Coppa Italia, a feat achieved by Lazio in the 1999/2000 season.

Take 3 points from Roma in 16/17.

Win the Capocannoneire (Top Goalscorer) With your striker.

3. Location: Istanbul, Turkey

IMG_7744.thumb.PNG.0a470ae8c5cfac4f44ef27b00c31fa18.PNGThe 'Big Three' of Turkey all originate from Istanbul, leaving little space for minnows Kasimpasa. With 54 of the Süper Lig titles going to Istanbul, there is no shortage of silverware in the city, except for in the cabinet of Kasimpasa. Making a domestic stand could be a real slap in the face for the other clubs, showing that the city isn't just for the Big Three, but the Fantastic Four. Prove your worth by stunning not only Istanbul, but the whole of Turkey.

Challenge:

Finish in the Top 3 of the Süper Lig

Win the Turkish Cup

Take 4 points from the Big Three

4. Location: London, England

IMG_7747.thumb.PNG.b32296f52ea06c885519fa436a2bb49e.PNGWest Ham are among several top division clubs based in the English capital London. Despite their recent move to the Olympic stadium, the club have majorly struggled to challenge the 'big boys' of the league, finishing mid-table in their first year there. The Hammers have been the understudies of teams like Chelsea and Arsenal for years now, not coming close to their success, calibrate or status. It's time for the club to justify their move to such a big stadium, and break the domestic dominance of the 2 London giants. 

Challenge:

Finish in the top 2 of the EPL

Win a domestic cup

Beat Vic Watson's record of 42 goals in a season with any striker 

I'm happy to add a few more if you guys are interested, make sure you leave your thoughts on these challenges, aswell as suggesting other cities to make ones about. Thanks for reading!

Great challenge @mcandrew003 Now do we start from atletico, or do we choose the clubs we want to start first...and also would you mind adding Torino in to the challenge thanks!

3 minutes ago, W4RLOCK said:

Great challenge @mcandrew003 Now do we start from atletico, or do we choose the clubs we want to start first...and also would you mind adding Torino in to the challenge thanks!

Thanks very much :D

They are all seperate challenges, you start with Atletico and see if you can achieve the goals. Would love to see if anybody can complete them all ;)

Torino is a nice one, I'll see what I can find. You having a go?

2 minutes ago, W4RLOCK said:

An update on how my trasfer business have pan out

Screenshot_2017-07-02-22-19-00.thumb.png.5a76bb1aeee15618d0ed401eb9c8c6a0.png

What do you guys think??

Some good deals, I wonder who you will choose to break Forlan's record :D

I'd reccomend making a thread so we can all follow it mate, your choice though.

I pretty much want to do that with griezmann.....oh yeah that's a great idea i'll make a thread about it as soon as i can

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

Cool concepts mate :) 

Cheers Ash :D

1 minute ago, BatiGoal said:

How about PSG and Paris FC? Some lovely possibilities here. Love it!

Good shouts BG! Will add to the list. Glad you like them, they would fit in with your 1 season challenges if you ever needed more ;)

15 hours ago, CmonJustTheTip said:

How about Bayern and Munchen Lions? I already have a save for this one, finished 3rd in the first division in my second season.

That's another great shout, I plan to add a few more shortly. Cheers! 

18 hours ago, Diogoo Gomes said:

hey mcandrew, one question: one season only or can I give myself two seasons in some of the challenges?

great challenge btw, keep it up

Hi mate,

Feel free to take 2 seasons to complete the tasks, 1 season is just a bit more of a challenge. Glad you like them :D

Don't know how I missed this but fair play mate a great set of challenges well done

And before the "leaderboard addict" banners come out I might give this a go I might not, fancy trying @mcandrew003s Talisman challenge once my YCWA challenge is over