Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career An Arsenal career: Make the Gunners great again!

It's the year 2016. Christmas has come early this year. Arsene has finally decided to put an end to his career as Arsenal manager. He is looking forward to a new challenge somewhere else. Meanwhile, the Arsenal board have been looking for a new manager, someone who is not afraid to spend money, and someone who can bring Arsenal back to the top of the table. For that, they have set up a special procedure to fill the void Arsene have left.

Job Interview

Arsenal have invited young Dutch manager Jeroen van Kuijk over to the Emirates. Frank de Boer, José Enrique and Roberto Mancini and Jeroen van Kuijk were the top candidates for the job, thus Arsenal has decided to have a job interview so that each manager could give their vision on the future.

Board : Mr. van Kuijk, how do you feel about the current position Arsenal has taken in the Premier League?

Jeroen : Arsenal has not been up to their high standard the last few seasons, but there are a lot of players who have the potential to become very important players.

Board : And how do you feel about spending a load of money to get what we need?

Jeroen : I am prepared to go the extra mile if it is needed. But not for just any player.

Board : What is your opninion on signing young talent?

Jeroen : I'd love to sign a lot of young talent. I love working with young players and see them improve over time. I'm sure there are a lot of young players who are good enough for Arsenal and can help us win some silverware over the course of some seasons.

Arsenal press statement

Arsenal have released a statement regarding their new coach. They also revealed their first signing of the 2016/2017 season.

595b5dc60d0fc_arsenalnews.thumb.png.a58c08c0e4b9da2596009d6b67900322.png

By signing Moise Kean, Arsenal have made it clear that they will go any lenghts to sign young and talented players for their squad. Arsenal are also reportedly interested in Colombian central defender Davinson Sanchez en Pachuca FC player Hirving Lozano. They will cost about € 16.500.000 each.

Arsenal also sold Olivier Giroud to AC Milan, the French striker felt it was time for a new challenge and signed a 4-year contract in the San Siro stadium. Arsenal have received around € 25.000.000 for the Frech goalgetter.

Transfer review : 

Outgoing :

• Olivier Giroud to A.C Milan ( € 25.000.000 )
  • Santi Cazorla to Crystal Palaca ( € 6.250.000 )
  • Aimsley Maitland-Niles to Norwich ( loan )
  • Yaya Sanogo to Lechia ( loan )
  • Takuma Asano to Anji ( loan )

Incoming:

• Alexandre Lacazette from Olympique Lyonnais ( € 38.500.000 )
  • Moise Kean from Juventus ( € 17.500.000 )
  • Davinson Sanchez from Ajax ( € 16.250.000 )
  • Hirving Lozano from Pachuca ( € 16.500.000 )

595b6128c9b04_arsenalnews.thumb.png.157367f135d5ec6872ffc3305d582272.png

Wow, Selling Giroud to Milan , Tho u got a good Replace . Lacazatte is here.

For youngsters , I would suggest Youri Tielemans, Theo Bongonda, Haschim Mastour, Alper Ademoglu, Enes Unal, Siebe Schi...., Richairo Zivkovic, Zakkaria Bakkali, Ruben Neves, Jesus Vallejo, Ruben Vezo, Martin Odegaard, Joe Gomez, Reece James, Josh Murphy or Jacob Murphy

Kudos, Good Luck. Go for the Gunners.

Also try not to spend very much, stick to the Arsenal Culture of spending too much ?

2 minutes ago, 4ndr317 said:

Wow, Selling Giroud to Milan , Tho u got a good Replace . Lacazatte is here.

For youngsters , I would suggest Youri Tielemans, Theo Bongonda, Haschim Mastour, Alper Ademoglu, Enes Unal, Siebe Schi...., Richairo Zivkovic, Zakkaria Bakkali, Ruben Neves, Jesus Vallejo, Ruben Vezo, Martin Odegaard, Joe Gomez, Reece James, Josh Murphy or Jacob Murphy

Kudos, Good Luck. Go for the Gunners.

Also try not to spend very much, stick to the Arsenal Culture of spending too much ?

Well, I'd like Arsenal to go a new way. The old way with Arsene has proved to not lead to results, so I'll try and spend some money on young players, who I can sell 3 seasons later for at least double the money.

Tielemans and Bongonda have definitely got my attention. I have used Bakkali, Zivkovic and Odegaard before and they just didn't quite do the job.

I'd always Suggest Scavenge Dutch clubd like Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord or go up in Scandinavia (Finland, Sweden, Norway) they have some cool young players.

Anyway goodluck, looking forward to more of your Arsenal stories.

The way you've represented it is very interesting. Will follow it becoz of my love for Arsenal & hope to see them (Arsenal & Lacazzette) perform well .

2 hours ago, Nick11 said:

The way you've represented it is very interesting. Will follow it becoz of my love for Arsenal & hope to see them (Arsenal & Lacazzette) perform well .

Up to now ( 25 matches into the Prem, CL group stage and some cup matches ) Lacazette has been extremely underperforming, only netting 20 with about 35/36 matches played. I hoped for more. Also Lozano hasn't been quite the quality signing I hoped he'd be.

Some reinforcements will be needed, also some underperforming youngsters will be leaving, like Sanogo

1 hour ago, Taff said:

Love the writing and update style here dude, very interesting and engaging 

keep up the good work, and bring on the Gunners

Thanks mate! I'll probably need more than one season to bring Arsenal back to where they belong. The title race has really started now I'm about 25 matches into the Prem. There's about 6 clubs within a 5-point range of eachother, it's going to be an exciting season!

Very Interesting presentation there.Love the web page news layout.This might be the last chance to play in the Champions league as the Gunners,so Hopefully you will go the whole distance.

Good luck mate!!!

Wow so Sporting Lisbon now, They have good defence, Gotta Play Attack specially Wings, Chamberlain, Sanchez and Wacott are der rite?

Just caught up, and I've got to say you have done another amazing job at setting the scene. I really like you're careers mate, and this one is no exception. Some quality signings in there, hope you can cruise past Lisbon into the Final hopefully.

1 hour ago, 4ndr317 said:

Wow so Sporting Lisbon now, They have good defence, Gotta Play Attack specially Wings, Chamberlain, Sanchez and Wacott are der rite?

I play Sanchez and Lozano on the wings. Chamberlain plays great and provides assists, but never manages to score a goal. Walcott is actually the same story. Lozano is quite a quality signing.

1 hour ago, mcandrew003 said:

Just caught up, and I've got to say you have done another amazing job at setting the scene. I really like you're careers mate, and this one is no exception. Some quality signings in there, hope you can cruise past Lisbon into the Final hopefully.

Thanks mate, as always I'm glad to hear it. However I'm going to try to actually finish this one :P

6 minutes ago, salohcin said:

Really good job so far with the signings! Im a manu fan so i hope they are also in the running for the title?

Yes, the top 3 as of now is :

1. Tottenham with 59 points
2. Arsenal with 58 points
3. Man United with 57 points.

It can really go either way 

1 minute ago, salohcin said:

Woah woah that's rly close HAHAHAHA are the spurs going to finish above arsenal again??? Let's find out!

I could probably live with that, as long as I win the Champions League lol.
Arsenal in the CL will be fine, as long as we don't get Bayern.

I am sure you can beat Lisbon mate just watch out for Ruiz and Dost always manage to squeeze one in the net.Why don't try retraining Chamberlain to CM?? can actually do a good job as a more deep AP.Lozano will only get better.. .So wouldn't worry about his spot for the next decade.I am sure you will lift the trophy.

KIU

That's a tight race at the top. This is the time for your signings to step up and prove their worth for the team.

Love your career style. KIU!

I want your input regarding the next season. Ospina is a bad GK, Martinez will never make it at Arsenal and Cech is getting old. I'm thinking of signing a goalkeeper for the next 3/4 years, on my list :

• Ter Stegen
  • Karius
  • Onana
  • Oblak
  • Leno

I am definitely signing Donnarumma, but with a loan  back clause to Milan. I really want him to make minutes on a weekly base, and with Cech and one of the five above, I can't quite guarantee him that.

10 minutes ago, Jeroenvk94 said:

I want your input regarding the next season. Ospina is a bad GK, Martinez will never make it at Arsenal and Cech is getting old. I'm thinking of signing a goalkeeper for the next 3/4 years, on my list :

• Ter Stegen
  • Karius
  • Onana
  • Oblak
  • Leno

I am definitely signing Donnarumma, but with a loan  back clause to Milan. I really want him to make minutes on a weekly base, and with Cech and one of the five above, I can't quite guarantee him that.

Hmmm,Karius is out of the list he still needs time to develop and I don't think Barcelona would be willing to let Ter Stegen go,he would be too expensive.Onana is the same story as Karius,so you are left with Oblak and Leno,I would personally recommend Leno but Oblak is also decent enough.This is all merely a opinion so feel free to make your own decisions.

Cheers.

I agree with @Harish. Leno is probably the cheapest and best choice u have there, while oblak is good, ATM wont let him go for cheap cos they are not in nd of money so leno is the best choice IMO

I'd pick Oblak but Leno isn't far behind tbh. Alternatively I'd stick with Cech until 37-38 ish and buy a younger GK he'd mentor in the meantime. I like playing this way but all depends on your managing style.

3 hours ago, Harish said:

Hmmm,Karius is out of the list he still needs time to develop and I don't think Barcelona would be willing to let Ter Stegen go,he would be too expensive.Onana is the same story as Karius,so you are left with Oblak and Leno,I would personally recommend Leno but Oblak is also decent enough.This is all merely a opinion so feel free to make your own decisions.

Cheers.

True about Karius and Ter Stegen. Leno and Oblak are quite on the same level tho. It's gonna be a hard one. For now the season is still in March, so I have loads of time to think about it :)

2 hours ago, salohcin said:

I agree with @Harish. Leno is probably the cheapest and best choice u have there, while oblak is good, ATM wont let him go for cheap cos they are not in nd of money so leno is the best choice IMO

Thanks for the imput!

2 hours ago, Eogtuc0910 said:

I'd have to go with Oblak but it's your decision. 

Thanks for the input!

19 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

I'd pick Oblak but Leno isn't far behind tbh. Alternatively I'd stick with Cech until 37-38 ish and buy a younger GK he'd mentor in the meantime. I like playing this way but all depends on your managing style.

I like to throw those youngsters right in front of the lions. Plus, old veterans who end up benched at 36 are complaining about playing time and cost a lot of wages. I try to make money when I can and right know, Ospina and Martinez can make me some money.

The goalkeeper that would join me would be benched in his first season, playing cup matches. The season after that, he has to be ready to play in for the Champions League winner and Premier League champion ( I hope I can achieve this :P )

I'd personally suggest Sergio Rico of Sevilla I think, a fantastic young Spaniard. Other than him, Onana is a great player, aswell as Leno and Oblak. All down to you mate!

I managed to survive Sporting, with 0-0 away and 0-0 at the Emirates. We won on pens, Cech proved to be a real penalty killer.

IMG_3625.thumb.PNG.c8ba86c1faed96667bad0be499bc2888.PNG

Next up : Real Madrid. Kill me now...

UPDATE : we won 0-1 at the Bernabeu thanks to Lacazette. At the Emirates we drew 2-2. Real were up 0-2, but Lacazette managed to score 2 goals for the draw.

The semifinal draw is an awkward one, Arsenal vs Bayern, we'll be looking to break the habit of losing to BayernIMG_3626.thumb.PNG.730acb855e9e9d092759e67c11c3aca8.PNG

Great job beating Madrid mate,be careful of Lewy,if you manage to mark him out you can definitely beat Bayern.

Good luck and KIU!!!