Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges You Can't Win Anything With Grandads Challenge

The You Can't Win Anything With Grandads Challenge

Harry_home.png.e2e6a87bc619ec18f5db1b7cc1069485.png

You may have seen by now the You Can't Win Anything With Kids Challenge (if not, get on it:)

So now let me present to you the companion challenge.

This one is a lot harder.

The Challenge

This time, it isn't Alan Hansen you're going to prove wrong. It's me. I bet none of you can do this.

1. Start a career with any European club

2. Remove all players under 34 years of age at the start of the season and replace only with players 34 or over at the season start.

3. Win the Champions League

I don't want any 33 year olds waiting in your squad until their birthday - 34 and over at the start of the season or nothing.

No unlockables etc.

No time limit on this one really, but I want you to do it in the first season to impress me.

How did I do?

I took on this challenge with Juventus, and by the season start I had built a team full of legends. I'll show it in a spoiler just in case you don't want it to influence your transfers: 

Spoiler

IMG_1368.thumb.PNG.2f5081df6828b965a5cbefb6fd36847b.PNG

And..... I got sacked. I didn't even make it to December.

There are some really good players available at the age, so I'm sure some of you will be able to do far better than me. Beat the challenge though? No chance.

Go on, prove me wrong.

Loving both of these challenges pal! Just to clear it up, in both challenges you must win the champions league first season? Definitely on my to do list

Thanks mate! Winning the Champions League at all is great, but I think you've got to win it in the first season to consider it completed. Let me know how you get on!

Good work dude, two very interesting challenges, I've done a few Older player challenges but that was one player not a whole team, but could be worth a bash, as long as I can stay in the job until January I'll be happy

33 minutes ago, Taff said:

Good work dude, two very interesting challenges, I've done a few Older player challenges but that was one player not a whole team, but could be worth a bash, as long as I can stay in the job until January I'll be happy

Thanks man. With your recent record you could well smash it!

added 0 minutes later
28 minutes ago, AndersJ said:

I really like this one - thanks for the opportunity :)!

Haha no problem!

24 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Love it! I've been getting some decent performances out of the oldies in my careers so hmm.. definitely interesting :)

Haha I did notice that! With a full team of veterans I found the young whippersnappers running rings around them. I don't think having Intensive Training helped them though...

17 hours ago, Ashez said:

So creative yet simple, great work mate :)

Thanks mate! It's a nice simple challenge that won't take too long... especially if you get sacked as quickly as I did!