Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Harish attempts the You can't win anything Challenges

So, Hello and a good day to everyone ,after a long hiatus I have returned to post my first career in a long time.While I am waiting for my turn in the Vibe Community Challenge Event I thought it would be good to take on a small challenge,and ended up choosing @Mr.Manager's You can't win anything Challenge Set.This Series actually has two challenges:

• You can't win anything with kids Challenge
  • You can't win anything with Grandads challenge.

I will attempt the Kids part first before going on to the Grandads

The link to the challenges can be found here:

The team that I have chosen for this challenge and the transfers and the new look squad will be posted shortly

Hope you guys like this career

Thank you for reading.:)

Update 1:

The team:

Since the kids part of this challenge is a bit more demanding compared to the Grandads one,I had to pick a team that has a talented young squad and competing in the CL.I also had to choose a league where young talent would be abundant,so if you haven't guessed it by now,the team I have chosen is:

ro8PFEr.jpg

Of course it was going to be them,I have very rarely played in the Eredivisie this year and thought that playing as Ajax would be good for two reasons,One they already have a number of players under 19 and secondly I could always take Barcelona or Madrid and finish this on a jiffy but since I am posting this for your entertainment,I figured that it would be wise to choose a team that poses a challenge.

The Squad

Spoiler

5il5jJb.jpg

XEWYayl.jpg

So,yes a lot of 19 or under age players in the team most of them are good enough to stay in the team while a few were shipped out and of course there are some players who are not eligible for the new squad rules such as Onana, Klassen, Schone, Tete etc...How much did we sell them for and how did we replace them??Let's take a look on our transfer business.

Transfers:

In:

Spoiler

Hizu0Li.jpg

4u2xC6V.jpg

Some decent dealings with the most important name coming in the form of Christian Fruchtl who leaves the safety of the Allianz Arena for a huge sum of 17.25 million.Heh, Gianluigi Who??:P.Another well known name is Malang Sarr who arrives from OGC Nice to clinch an instant first team spot The others were highly rated by my scouts so had to bring them in.They are not disappointing me at the moment though, so money well spent.

Out:

Spoiler

ZM82iO6.jpg

OsMZ07T.jpg

Have to admit that the fees were much lower than what I expected to get but since the league has a lot of cheap talents I just sold at whatever amount they were willing to stretch.Major departures are quite obvious with Klassen and Tete leaving for a sum of 11 mil and 9 mil respectively.

So after this major overhaul this is how the squad looks right now.

New Look Squad:

Spoiler

2nwIWsf.jpg

Et6UlVe.jpg

A very young squad with lots of 16 and 17 year olds in the squad.Team Cohesion is definitely going to be a big issue.

In the next update:

How did we fare in the CL qualification stage?

Did we qualify?

If we did,which group were we drawn in?Who are our opponents?

Stay tuned to find out.;)

Suggestions and feedback are warmly welcomed.

Please leave a comment if you liked it.

Thanks for reading.:)

Just now, mcandrew003 said:

Some great signings there mate, can see you smashing this. Best of luck!

Thanks mate.The new signings(which is almost half of the squad)are doing quite well but I need to be on my guard for complacency which is inevitable.Hopefully they get over it quickly.

4 minutes ago, Taff said:

Good job getting the squad sorted now it's on to the CL 

can't want to see how you get on

Thanks mate for the support,had a good start but the whipper snappers are starting to snap at my hands,need to keep them reigned in.CL is going decently at the moment you will find out probably in an hour how we fared.

U will need a lot of luck w this young team cos experience won in real life in the europa league final against united. All the best!

8 minutes ago, Mr.Manager said:

Brilliant, great to see someone having a crack at this. I'm sure you'll smash it out of the park.

Thanks mate,the challenge is really interesting and I am happy to say that I am officially hooked into this one.This probably will be my first career in 18.I sure hope we can achieve this.Now..I have to return to my team which retains 60 percent possession yet has 2 shots on target.....No!!!!!Kid!!!The opponent net is on the other side!!!!...

:P

5 minutes ago, Jeroenvk94 said:

Tough challenge. But a lot of talented guys in the squad. Curious to see how this works out.

Thanks for your support mate.Means a lot to me.I never really knew these players before but they seem really good but yes making a bunch of kids play consistently is a big pain in the butt.

Stay tuned for more.

8 minutes ago, salohcin said:

U will need a lot of luck w this young team cos experience won in real life in the europa league final against united. All the best!

A truckload of luck mate I never have grinded out matches as I have in this challenge my nails are almost non existent from frustration.

Thanks for the support mate.

This is going to be great. Fine team and the squad is shaping up nicely. Hope you manage to get those kids performing.....consistently :) goodluck!

23 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

This is going to be great. Fine team and the squad is shaping up nicely. Hope you manage to get those kids performing.....consistently :) goodluck!

Thanks mate ,good to have your support.The keyword there is of course consistent,many of my squad ratings consists of one or two 8s and two 5s and atleast three 6s...They never seem to be able to perform as a whole team.CL has been a rollercoaster to say at the least.Some exciting results though.

So, initially I wanted to get back to my save immediately after posting update 1 but since you guys showed your support to my career it would only be fair If I showed my support to yours,so reading all those wonderful careers took some time and at last I managed to put together update no:2,just before we start the update,I would like to make it clear that there will be no domestic results in this update only CL results.I will post the fixture list and the league table at the end of season update.So with that being said let's sink our teeth into update no:2

Update 2:

So let's have a quick recap of what took place in the previous update so that you guys don't have to scroll up everytime:

After taking over Ajax and having a number of kids who already fit the criteria I sold the ineligible members and replaced them with more kids.The result:A really young enthusiastic,brash,squad which despite having a lot of potential ,were too raw.So with the main issue of Team Cohesion hanging over the team like a threat we started our campaign with the aim of going all the way in CL,how did that go??Let's see.....

Champions league qualification:

In the third round of qualification we were drawn against FC Rostov,who are well known for their decent CL campaign in real life this season,but can they do the same thing to us?

Spoiler

H2xH2z6.jpg

0klm6Zs.jpg

Well in their defense,they still put up a good fight.The youngsters are doing really good but their lack of teamwork is a bit concerning.

So after seeing off Rostov who were our playoff opponents???

AS Roma.

Uh-oh....

Spoiler

bJ97OzY.jpg

Zy5hb3Q.jpg

Heh, Classical action here as Roma manage to conquer our first leg lead and take the games to penalties which made me freak out because frankly,how the hell can a bunch of kids win a penalty shootout against seasoned veterans?Thankfully the kids prove me wrong and manage to get into the the group stage.

The Group:

Well, after seeing off a team much stronger than us I was keeping my fingers crossed that my bad luck wouldn't affect what group we would come in but Noooooo...It wasn't to be,Because our group looked like this:

Spoiler

QDlgCnI.jpg

Oh,blimey......

In the next update:

Will we get out of that group alive?

Will the kids gel together faster and keep themselves from being complacent?

And what about our domestic form?Did we dominate the league?

Stay tuned to find out.;)

Suggestions and Feedback are warmly welcomed.

Thanks for reading.:)

8 minutes ago, setiawanjimmy said:

Thomas Buitink is a bound to be World-Class! I had him on one of my 1kc safe as a backup for Moise Kean but my coaches keep saying that Buitink is better than Kean! Lol.

I remember starting my Vitesse save, with 16 yo Buitink. First striker Van Wolfswinkel was injured and back up Zhang Yuning was also injured. I had to play Buitink as first striker. From then he never left the Starting II

28 minutes ago, RipRip said:

Best of luck with this one mate. So far so good!

Thank you mate.Stay tuned to find out more.

11 minutes ago, setiawanjimmy said:

Thomas Buitink is a bound to be World-Class! I had him on one of my 1kc safe as a backup for Moise Kean but my coaches keep saying that Buitink is better than Kean! Lol.

Definitely mate, he hasn't got much game time but has impressed massively whenever played,he's definitely a good 1k candidate.

1 minute ago, Jeroenvk94 said:

I remember starting my Vitesse save, with 16 yo Buitink. First striker Van Wolfswinkel was injured and back up Zhang Yuning was also injured. I had to play Buitink as first striker. From then he never left the Starting II

I remember Wolf from his Norwich days.Was a beast in 14,sadly couldn't show his true colours in real life,as for Buitink,I first found him on my long term liverpool save and though he was a regen lol.He is definitely one of the best players in game.

6 minutes ago, Taff said:

Great job getting through the qualifying but that is a nasty group, good luck dude

Thanks mate.Seeing the group was a sucker punch to me as only Porto were at the same level we were.But its going quite decently and I am hoping that we will qualify for the knockouts.

2 minutes ago, Eogtuc0910 said:

Tough group but I'm sure you'll make it through.

Thanks mate.You are not the only one hoping here ;).

Nice work getting past Roma, that's about as tough as it gets in the qualifying stages! It's a difficult group but hopefully you can scrape through. Any of your youngsters particularly impressing you?

I have to say that is literally the group of death lol but i believe your talented bunch can get out of the grp stages just fine!

2 hours ago, Harish said:

Oh,blimey......

Blimey indeed lol. Surely you can walk that group? :laugh: just give it your best, mate.

49 minutes ago, Mr.Manager said:

Nice work getting past Roma, that's about as tough as it gets in the qualifying stages! It's a difficult group but hopefully you can scrape through. Any of your youngsters particularly impressing you?

Thanks mate,I really thought it was over when it went to penalties but it was a miracle we kept our cool.

At the moment I would say Dolberg, Buitink and  Kluivert all of them have been really consistent in terms of form.My expensive as hell goalie is also having a some what decent season,but since he's 16,I should cut him some slack.

35 minutes ago, salohcin said:

I have to say that is literally the group of death lol but i believe your talented bunch can get out of the grp stages just fine!

Talented? yes,co operative?No

I am just waiting for them to become complacent so I can shout at them....

32 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Blimey indeed lol. Surely you can walk that group? :laugh: just give it your best, mate.

Well mate not everyone can be a goal god like you lol.

Already finished with the group stages will probably update within the next hour or so.

That's a brutal group, might need to go for a counter-attacking approach against some of the big boys! However, I'm confident you're young side can stun the veterans. Enjoying this so far, KIU!

The squads got plenty of potential but that's one intimidating group! That's the issue with the club choice though, being a seeded club likely would have given a more favourable group. Good luck as you'll need it! 

8 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

That's a brutal group, might need to go for a counter-attacking approach against some of the big boys! However, I'm confident you're young side can stun the veterans. Enjoying this so far, KIU!

Indeed it is mate,have found going gung ho has been a bit more effective,I am conceding a lot but manage to outscore them most of the time,the kids have talent but it is really frustrating to keep them in check during the December-January period.

Thanks!!

5 hours ago, Ashez said:

The squads got plenty of potential but that's one intimidating group! That's the issue with the club choice though, being a seeded club likely would have given a more favourable group. Good luck as you'll need it! 

Thanks for the support mate.I agree that being unseeded is a big pain,but the group could have been worse as we could have got Madrid,Barcelona or Bayern etc , hopefully we get through.

Update 3:

I would like to apologize for updating much later than expected I had actually sat down, had imgur opened,sorted my screenshots etc etc but a surprise appearance of my whole family arrived and I literally couldn't see my phone..Bummer but now I am alone and free so let's get into it.This is the end of season update and you will find out in this update whether we won the CL or not.I will also post the league table,fixture list and the player stats at the end,so let's see what happened in update no:3

A quick recap:

With a bunch of kids making up.the new look squad we started our CL campaign with a lot of enthusiasim and saw off the mighty Roma to get into the group stage only to be handed a group which contained PSG,Spurs and Porto..Gulp,Did we survive?let's find out.....

Group Stages:

Spoiler

Agql9EU.jpg

It was a really hard battle but we managed to clinch the first place.We needed a lot of luck here and needed the other teams result's favourable to us.Thankfully everything went our way and we were now in the knockout stages where we had to face a relatively easy opponent in the form of CSKA Moscow,how did we fare?

AFC Ajax vs CSKA Moscow:

Spoiler

xFx9Duy.jpg

rTtYnMQ.jpg

Well,that was close....I thought we were done for...But well ,we go onto the next step after edging through a 3-2 aggregate win over the Russians.And who were our quarter finals opponent?? Were they easy for us to beat or were they at the same level as we are?? Nope,in fact they were in the highest level......They were none other than the great FC Barcelona.....Looks like this challenge will have an extra season......

AFC Ajax vs FC Barcelona

Spoiler

NSzGhUj.jpg

DZAIRu7.jpg

Gung ho style rocks!!!!! We absolutely stun Barcelona in the first leg with resident young star Buitink stealing the show with two goals and the second leg was equally entertaining as we required a Dolberg special in extra time to go through to the semi finals that's one step closer to glory!!!!Can we do it?...Depends on our semifinals opposition who turned out to be Lyon,a bit bummed that I couldn't get Benfica but atleast we didn't get Bayern..... Poor Benfica :(.......

AFC Ajax vs Lyon:

Spoiler

x4rMVIH.jpg

vBgD5qG.jpg

Whew!!!This one was really packed to the brim with tension two draws over two legs gives us the ticket to the Millennium Stadium for the final................Where we meet Bayern......Oh well,no pain no gain.....Let's see if we did the impossible....

Champions league final:

AFC Ajax vs Bayern Munich:

The lineup:

Spoiler

kkgTv6F.jpg

Half time:

Spoiler

9vx4svY.jpg

A very suspense filled first half with Bayern dominating us but we managed to hold on....Can we keep them in check??Or will the floodgates open????

Full time:

Spoiler

4TOyohn.jpg

Yes!!!!!!!!!!A totally different second half as we now dominated them and took our chances with calm and cool heads to clinch the CL!!!!!

Spoiler

7YZTgNA.jpg

Atlast.......I am really happy the kids kept their cool....I am sure @BatiGoal would be happy to have this Lewy...Right mate??Almost Non-existent....I am sure you need him like that for your DvsG challenge,eh??(For those who don't know what I am talking about...Check it out in the forum) Let's have a look at how we fared domestically

Spoiler

vtGBRBs.jpg

iJKOZ9A.jpg

KVpntr3.jpg

KX5SvBD.jpg

H3JzLn3.jpg

2VN0yi8.jpg

R0njHgj.jpg

MNkWRRx.jpg

Though we won the league it should be noted that we were never in the first place spot until March so it's harder than it looks,as for the Cup we were beaten by PSV.End of story.Dolberg was my highest scorer while many of my guys scored 10+goals.The lack of goals was mainly due to the lack of communication between the kids,we missed a lot of sitters throughout the season.Dolberg clinched both the POTY and the YPOTY and I of course got the MOTY.

The manager:

Spoiler

exsvM53.jpg

Looking good there.......This the first time I have seen a green score in the Domestic bias :P....

So that is the end of Part 1 of this challenge guys,I never thought we would do this in our first season...But luck was on our side.....We had to wait until the last second to win matches.....But we managed to do it.

A big Thank you to everyone who gave their support in Part 1.I hope you stay around for Part 2

The oldies challenge will take a bit more time as my turn in the Vibe community Challenge is near....I will start this one only after finishing that one....So please stay patient.

Suggestions and Feedback are warmly welcomed.

Thanks for reading. :)