Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Community Atletico Madrid Challenge - Career Thread

So good evening everyone first off let me apologise for taking longer than expected to upload my save, I'm a father of 3 I work 40 hours a week I'm also doing code academy stuff so as you can tell I'm a very busy man Lol, So without further ado let's get this show on the road 

I personally love a community challenge it brings members together and forces you too speak to people you wouldn't normally speak to, There is some people that I have never spoken to so this would be a perfect opertunity. I'm rambling this is irrelevant? 

So for some bizarre reason I wanted to go first, But then I seen that this had to be played on Enhanced!! For people that know me and know my careers I despise Enhanced, Original is what I like I suppose it's personal preference, So it was like playing the game for the very first time, I was a little nervous as I didn't want to let everyone down but even if I have a rubbish set up surely I could still hit 30 Goals with my chosen striker? Right? Well  I bloody hope so 

Transfers

So if your familiar with my previous saves you will know I don't buy loads of players I like to keep the base squad and replace the dead wood, So with this fantastic club with some quality players I decided against transfers, Well all but 1, Last year this striker ruined my Triple Threat challenge as he kept getting injured and I mean like constantly and out for months at a time, I personally think this guy is world class he isn't unknown in the slightest in fact he is very well know, Plese welcome our new signing to the club and open him with open arms and give him the love and deserve he so needs Lol

xbCjsoh.jpg

So as you can see we brought in a absolute monster of a striker, He is definitely capable of destroying La Liga, Well I hope so......

So as the season went on Icardi slotted straight into the team, But I'm not going to lie I was finding EME tough! All my experience is on OME so this was a real task for me. I never had the chance to really test for this I was having to test whilst I was playing! Crazy yes I know risky also, But I was confident we could reach the goal target in order for us to continue and on to he next person, I reverted back to my OME tactics and tested others some worked for a few games and some instantly where diabolical! 

Champions League Group Stage

15D7APR.jpg

So as you can see it wasn't pretty much a walk in the park we only lost one game which was against Bayern, PSV and Club Brugge where never going to give us trouble, So let's hope Bayern get knocked out in the early rounds as I don't want to face them again 

Champions League Knockout Round

So we had a few easier match ups but what I didn't want to happen bloody happened we where drawn against bloody Bayern, Give me strength 

qG5DU7R.jpg

So we had more chances more corners more CCC but we STILL couldn't over come them! What a dirty way to lose! On penalties, Football can be cruel at times 

La Liga

oydarnW.jpg

What a disappointment! We drew far too many games, Not enough goals scored and too many conceded, I'm not going to lie this save really tested me and at times made me angry Haha, Too many games of dominating and the other teams grabbing a lucky goal, Madrid ran away with the league in all honesty but it was about Icardi in all honesty 

League cup

FURtDwz.jpg

So yet another game goes to penalties but this time we return victorious, The game was quite close but the scored quite close to the end, When that goal went in I thought the tie was turning but the team stuck together and we shoved it to Barca

The Main Event 

Nf4GxwG.jpg

So we only just managed to creep over the line, In all honesty what a crap 1st go at the challenge accept my apologies everyone, I set the bench mark so I expect to see someone hit 80 Lol

As always thank you to everyone that reads this and comments, Remember comments spur you on Lol, Also it's great to be back in the Vibe Community 

Great year lee :D

Good job getting that Spanish Cup win, unlucky in the League and CL though! Icardi absoloutley smashed it, 39 isn't bad, I'll likely do a lot worse ;) Overall, a great first year on EME. Onto Harish now. 

Community Atletico Madrid Challenge:

1. Leecutler - Mauro Icardi - 39 Goals.

17 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

Great year lee :D

Good job getting that Spanish Cup win, unlucky in the League and CL though! Icardi absoloutley smashed it, 39 isn't bad, I'll likely do a lot worse ;) Overall, a great first year on EME. Onto Harish now. 

Community Atletico Madrid Challenge:

1. Leecutler - Mauro Icardi - 39 Goals.

Thanks for your kind words, We where unlucky against Bayern but they went on to win the UCL, losing on penalties is always a bitter pill to swallow.

yes 39 is decent for my first full season on OME, I'm interested to see how some of the other guys do.

36 minutes ago, leecutler said:

Thanks for your kind words, We where unlucky against Bayern but they went on to win the UCL, losing on penalties is always a bitter pill to swallow.

yes 39 is decent for my first full season on OME, I'm interested to see how some of the other guys do.

Bayern are always a tricky lot, still a very decent CL run though. 

I can tell you I'll struggle, don't have a 100% working tactic currently so should be 'interesting' :laugh:

For your first season on EME that is a very good total! If only a couple things went your way you would of breached the 40 mark. I hated EME until I was forced to play a season on it for the vibe Olympics I think? It's now the only engine I've played ever since, never looked back lol

great work bud glad to have you back in the community properly!

7 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

For your first season on EME that is a very good total! If only a couple things went your way you would of breached the 40 mark. I hated EME until I was forced to play a season on it for the vibe Olympics I think? It's now the only engine I've played ever since, never looked back lol

great work bud glad to have you back in the community properly!

Forced? :laugh::P

Glad you like the engine now ;)

2 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

Forced? :laugh::P

Glad you like the engine now ;)

In a sense yeah I would of never played it unless they banished the OME in a future version, let's say my arm was twisted instead?.. ?

1 minute ago, Brenty92 said:

In a sense yeah I would of never played it unless they banished the OME in a future version, let's say my arm was twisted instead?.. ?

I'll give you that. :laugh:

Considering everything I think that was a solid season Lee and a wonderful update! The league is disappointing I suppose but Real Madrid are difficult to beat so there is no shame in coming second! 

A great way to start the challenge @leecutler 39 is nothing to be sniffed at, and as the others have said the luck wasn't there and losing the penalty shootout is something everyone dreads as you can't do anything but pray

Let's get cracking and see how we go on

Thanks for all your great comments guys! Icardi had s decent return of goals, I did enjoy playing the save, Interested to see how others do! 

Really looking forward to getting my hand on this now and seeing what we can do as a community 

Spoiler

As long as @BatiGoal doesn't spoil it by netting 90 with his striker that is :P

44 minutes ago, leecutler said:

Thanks for all your great comments guys! Icardi had s decent return of goals, I did enjoy playing the save, Interested to see how others do! 

Maybe try an EME save of your own? ? Be interested to see your progression once you figure out certain things/flaws with the engine ?

47 minutes ago, Taff said:

Really looking forward to getting my hand on this now and seeing what we can do as a community 

Hide contents

Haven't hit that number since Brazil :) Man would love to see that league make its reappearance.. dreaming.. 

Good start Lee, the ball's rolling.

Glad we are all enjoying it so far :D

4 hours ago, Taff said:

Reveal hidden contents

If you would like to move up a number, let me know.

Was thinking guys, should we set an overall goal target for the end of the 30 years? Sticking to the format of the challenge of course, maybe set something like 2000 goals? What do you think?

I'd just let it flow personally, we don't want to put off potential members thinking they'd need high scores or to play multiple seasons etc. Just let it flow naturally and we'll see where we end up :) 

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

I'd just let it flow personally, we don't want to put off potential members thinking they'd need high scores or to play multiple seasons etc. Just let it flow naturally and we'll see where we end up :) 

Good shout, lets we what we can do with the pressure off as a community :D

I'm sure he'll get it done

added 0 minutes later
On 11/07/2017 at 13:23, mcandrew003 said:

Glad we are all enjoying it so far :D

If you would like to move up a number, let me know.

Was thinking guys, should we set an overall goal target for the end of the 30 years? Sticking to the format of the challenge of course, maybe set something like 2000 goals? What do you think?

I'll go whenever to be honest dude, just let me know when my turn roles around

52 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

Worst comes to worst lee can send it to whoevers next and harish can join later on if he comes back dude

That'd be me next, I have the save already. I'll wait until Monday I think. 

Right, think it's fair to say we've all waited a bit too long now. Harish has said he will be finished soon, and I should have had the save last night from him. Yet to receive it though. 

Not trying to shame him or anything, understand he is busy. If I don't get it by tommorow, are you all ok for me to play season 2, or does anybody want to jump in?