Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ashez

How Fast Is 20 Pace?

How Fast Is 20 Pace? 

Such a simple and exciting question which hasn't been asked before going from my memory so I decided to do the leg work and discover just how fast these speed demons are! Before we begin however it's important to take a look at the FMM 2017 manual and check what the pace stat covers. 

"For example, under 'Physical', you will find a player's Pace attribute. This takes into account his flat out speed, his acceleration and his reactions, and displays an attribute that takes all of this into account. In short, the attribute display doesn't take anything away, but merely streamlines the information into a more succinct format." 

The pace stat is a combination of a players top speed, acceleration and his reaction time simplified into an all containing attribute. We can basically ignore the reaction aspect as we're focusing on a speed value while the acceleration part can also be overlooked as we aren't looking at how fast the players can accelerate/how long it takes them to hit their top speed. 

Players With A 20 Pace Attribute

1. Aubameyang 

2. Bellerin

I loaded multiple saves looking for any players with this golden attribute but only these two were appearing which is no surprise considering they're considered two of the fastest players in Europe. 

How Fast Is Aubameyang?

8NEIHZ0.jpg

According to the research a quick Google search provided Aubameyang has been clocked at a staggering 34.60 KM/H which is 21.49 MP/H! 

How Fast Is Bellerin?

RY8Nh3D.jpg

Again after some research I found that Bellerin's top speed is an even more impressive 34.77 KM/H which is 21.60 MP/H

The Average 

With only two sets of results doing an average might not mean much but for those interested the values are 34.68 KM/H or 21.54 MP/H. 

The Limited Findings

With the limited information we have available we'll have to assume a 20 attributed players top speed is in the region of 34 KM/H or 21 MP/H. For reference Usain Bolt's clocked top speed is a mind blowing 44.72 KM/H which is 27.78 MP/H! It's safe to say Bolt would need a whole new pace system implemented if he ever got his dream move to Manchester United! 

Oddities 

One interesting fact I found while researching this article was that neither of these two players have the highest top speed in real life! According to research coming out of Mexico this year Gareth Bale is the fastest player on the planet with a 36.9 KM/H top speed to his name! Bale is no slouch in game with a respectable 18 pace stat which leads me to believe his acceleration or reaction attribute must be lower than the two players with the perfect 20's. Something else that caught my eye was Shane Long from Southampton was given a 35.31 KM/H top speed from Opta which would place him above our more well known speed demons and his pace stat in game is 17/20. Then you have Wayne Rooney who's not really known for his pace yet according to my research he hit a top speed of 31.20 KM/H this season yet his pace stat is a rather average 12/20 in game. 

The Hidden Stat Breakdown

What this shows is how the hidden stats combine to create the stat we all see on a players profile. From these findings Bale can eclipse the speed of the two 20 attributed players while someone like Shane Long can also out speed them. We'll have to assume maybe these two top tier talents have a slightly lower top speed but maybe higher reaction and acceleration attributes which counteracts the top speed stat to keep them top. Without being able to access the hidden information personally we'll just have to assume this at this point. What it does show however is signing a player with a 20/20 pace attribute doesn't necessarily mean you're signing the fastest player on the game in terms of pure speed as he could have a lower top speed but a stronger set of complimentary attributes. 

Disclaimer 

I'll be honest and say i have no idea what I'm talking about relating to this topic so if all this is rubbish I apologise as this is just meant for fun. Using the research available and taking logical (to me) leaps this article was put together for enjoyment so hopefully it has some legs. Obviously I'm dealing with top speeds and not average speeds for a season and I'm having to work without context (distance covered etc) and I'm sure those things would impact this. Like I said this is just for fun and I did the best I could with my knowledge and information available. 

Source

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed it, as always all comments are appreciated. 

Was an interesting read for sure, not much more we can do to figure anything out without seeing hidden attributes, however it does seem that there is way more than meets the eye where 'pace' is concerned

Great work mate!

Interesting article, a similar attribute is aerial ability, you could sign a striker with 15  and think he's good in the air but maybe he just knows how to jump very well but doesn't know how to head the ball

In-game, it is normal to see players with flat-out 20 pace beaten to the ball often by defenders with less even when on the chase.

No THAT was interesting! Keep up the good work - im eager to hear when you investigate some more on other atributes ?

What an interesting read that was. Really opens your eyes to how hidden stats can make a massive influence on the In-game player. Nice work mate! 

2 hours ago, Brenty92 said:

Was an interesting read for sure, not much more we can do to figure anything out without seeing hidden attributes, however it does seem that there is way more than meets the eye where 'pace' is concerned

Great work mate!

This entire concept came from a joke between @BatiGoal and myself lol. We send each other stupid theories now and then like this one was along the lines of do players jog on FMM lol. All the stats have hidden attributes attached to them we just don't have access to them, thankfully the manual uses pace as it's example so it turned into an article pretty quickly.

A lot of this however is assuming these are actual things within the game like an 18 pace player could out speed a 20 pace player or maybe 20 always beats 18, like I said it's somewhat guess work and what you want to believe. Is a 20 pace player the fastest possible or could it be like I suggested and the three stats all impact it and the top speed stat can be complimented by the other two to achieve that magical 20, meaning someone with a lower total but higher top speed stat could be the fastest. 

2 hours ago, Dar J said:

Interesting article, a similar attribute is aerial ability, you could sign a striker with 15  and think he's good in the air but maybe he just knows how to jump very well but doesn't know how to head the ball

Excellent point, you could theorise that's why target men lose their heading ability, it's not the fact they've lost the ability to head the ball but the fact they've lost that spring in their jump. Very interesting concept indeed. 

1 hour ago, DesChyko0 said:

In-game, it is normal to see players with flat-out 20 pace beaten to the ball often by defenders with less even when on the chase.

A lot of things will impact this though like the players condition or starting point for example. It depends how accurate you believe the visuals to be anyway as are they fact or an "estimated" view of what's happening. The reason I ran with this idea was purely because IMO pace is the most important stat on the EME as so much of the visuals are just players chasing the ball. 

1 hour ago, AndersJ said:

No THAT was interesting! Keep up the good work - im eager to hear when you investigate some more on other atributes ?

The manual doesn't give anymore information unfortunately so that could be tricky to do (if you lean on FM too much for info you end up in crazy speculation territory IMO.) Other stats would also be harder to turn into world life stats but there possibly could be a jumping or say stamina study out there for a reference point. This idea excited me so I ran with it, I'm not sure if I'm interested in entering full content mode again as yet but hopefully this has shown other members that this type of content can have a place :). I was just excited at the thought of working out how fast a 20's top speed could be, the rest kinda snowballed from there lol. 

1 hour ago, mcandrew003 said:

What an interesting read that was. Really opens your eyes to how hidden stats can make a massive influence on the In-game player. Nice work mate! 

Assuming they mean anything but it does indeed show their potential influence for sure. 

Thanks for the comments lads :) 

Great read! Really informative. 

As you said it started as a simple convo on numbers and look what it got you. That's how most articles come to life isn't it.

But the most important thing I take from this is that when deciding on whom to buy it's really useful to keep this in the back of my mind. We sometimes just pick the pacey one but this article definitely put this attribute in a different perspective. 

Not to mention what @Dar J said re Aerial. Another attribute that demands investigating. Maybe a couple others as well. Very interesting indeed!

Very interesting article mate ,have learned quite some things about how the  hidden attributes affect the normal stats we see,That should be why I always see a regen who has 20 pace get beaten by a player having 15 pace...There are quite a lot of things that we can theorise from this....Was really educative to me....

KIU.

Great work Ash, very interesting read and well researched as well, we can only go with what we know but the hidden stats (if there are any) can contribute, but if a player has 20 pace but 12 stamina, his pace is going to decrease faster hence why a 15 pace player with 18 stamina will beat him to the ball

The ariel one gets me but @Dar J makes an excellent point, it's all good being able to get up but not if you can't head a ball to save your life

I.E in my Canis Lupus attempt, Vardy was shown as a TM, but he has like 10 Aerial and 12 Strength so I used him as a PCR, but when I did eventually succumb and use him as a TM he killed it, maybe because he might not be able to outjump the CB's but he knows how to head the ball.  I've had a few this year whose "Prefered" role is TM, but they have bad Aerial and Strength stats (the two stats I look for in a TM) but maybe they just know how to use their heads

8 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Very interesting article mate, I never knew how pace was calculated and it was very insightful. KIU

The speed aspect was what interested me but I'm glad others found something of interest here :). 

7 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Great read! Really informative. 

As you said it started as a simple convo on numbers and look what it got you. That's how most articles come to life isn't it.

But the most important thing I take from this is that when deciding on whom to buy it's really useful to keep this in the back of my mind. We sometimes just pick the pacey one but this article definitely put this attribute in a different perspective. 

Not to mention what @Dar J said re Aerial. Another attribute that demands investigating. Maybe a couple others as well. Very interesting indeed!

Agreed, if you can get me talking about this game I'll always find something to talk about.  

I think i've just over complicated a previously simple decision for everyone :P

The ariel one has really caught my imagination tbh. Jumping ability, heading ability, natural height (do FMM players have a height even?) and maybe attacking vs defending heading. Could be pretty deep. 

3 hours ago, Harish said:

Very interesting article mate ,have learned quite some things about how the  hidden attributes affect the normal stats we see,That should be why I always see a regen who has 20 pace get beaten by a player having 15 pace...There are quite a lot of things that we can theorise from this....Was really educative to me....

KIU.

A lot more could impact that as discussed in the comments tbh. That would take way more knowledge on how the engine actually works to say. 

33 minutes ago, Taff said:

Great work Ash, very interesting read and well researched as well, we can only go with what we know but the hidden stats (if there are any) can contribute, but if a player has 20 pace but 12 stamina, his pace is going to decrease faster hence why a 15 pace player with 18 stamina will beat him to the ball

The ariel one gets me but @Dar J makes an excellent point, it's all good being able to get up but not if you can't head a ball to save your life

I.E in my Canis Lupus attempt, Vardy was shown as a TM, but he has like 10 Aerial and 12 Strength so I used him as a PCR, but when I did eventually succumb and use him as a TM he killed it, maybe because he might not be able to outjump the CB's but he knows how to head the ball.  I've had a few this year whose "Prefered" role is TM, but they have bad Aerial and Strength stats (the two stats I look for in a TM) but maybe they just know how to use their heads

Regarding the first part, this is where my theory originally began. Is 20 the players top speed, a speed he works up to or one he always runs at? Does he start at 20 and it decreases as his condition decreases, can he run at speeds under the 20 or is he locked at that 20 speed. With acceleration being a thing we can assume a player has to build up their speed but in that case what is a players "standard" speed as that would impact things massively. If a player has a faster starting/default speed he'll reach his top speed faster thus cover the ground faster which is what we see visually, yet we have no legal way to see such information. Players will rarely be just standing still so at what speed they start their acceleration could be the key we need to finding those real quick players as a quick player with poor acceleration wouldn't be that impactful considering the small area of space we see the players run in. Then you have what makes a player run at full speed? Decisions maybe? Being able to be smart with his own stamina/ability? Or are all players headless chickens? This could go extremely deep or it could he relativity simple. 

3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

The speed aspect was what interested me but I'm glad others found something of interest here :). 

Agreed, if you can get me talking about this game I'll always find something to talk about.  

I think i've just over complicated a previously simple decision for everyone :P

The ariel one has really caught my imagination tbh. Jumping ability, heading ability, natural height (do FMM players have a height even?) and maybe attacking vs defending heading. Could be pretty deep. 

A lot more could impact that as discussed in the comments tbh. That would take way more knowledge on how the engine actually works to say. 

Regarding the first part, this is where my theory originally began. Is 20 the players top speed, a speed he works up to or one he always runs at? Does he start at 20 and it decreases as his condition decreases, can he run at speeds under the 20 or is he locked at that 20 speed. With acceleration being a thing we can assume a player has to build up their speed but in that case what is a players "standard" speed as that would impact things massively. If a player has a faster starting/default speed he'll reach his top speed faster thus cover the ground faster which is what we see visually, yet we have no legal way to see such information. Players will rarely be just standing still so at what speed they start their acceleration could be the key we need to finding those real quick players as a quick player with poor acceleration wouldn't be that impactful considering the small area of space we see the players run in. Then you have what makes a player run at full speed? Decisions maybe? Being able to be smart with his own stamina/ability? Or are all players headless chickens? This could go extremely deep or it could he relativity simple. 

Maybe its as deep or simple as you want it to be, but your right a player who has better acceleration would make a difference one who is quicker at top speed compared to one who can get to his (lower) top speed quicker, which one wins the race

12 minutes ago, Taff said:

Maybe its as deep or simple as you want it to be, but your right a player who has better acceleration would make a difference one who is quicker at top speed compared to one who can get to his (lower) top speed quicker, which one wins the race

This is why i stayed away from this in the article, it gets confusing and theory based very fast haha, at least it brings fascinating discussions :D. 

Not sure who would win the race as it's unlikely both players would be at the same starting speed, same position and running in a straight line I guess. I'd love a test engine where we could set up situations haha. Closest I can think of in game would be a winger and a wingback but in that situation the winger would likely have a running start, so in that case the acceleration of the fullback would be the key for him potentially reaching the speed to keep up with the already running winger. If he can accelerate fast enough or cut him off he'll catch him, if he can't the winger is passed him kinda thing I assume. 

@Jack JoyceAny chance of some factual insight from SI towers? This type of theorising is dangerous and over complicated :P 

10 minutes ago, Taff said:

@Jack Joyce can you help my friend @Ashez before he turns into the resident Vibe conspiracy nut

images.jpg.4ab32da8239da3febfd117a73dd286a5.jpg

Haha. This is the stuff I love yet I know it's dangerous and it gets into the area of making the game more than it is when you theorise too much :P.

4 minutes ago, Dar J said:

@Ashez where can I read the manual?

It's on the FMM 2017 games homepage. Load the App, on the screen where you start a new game and load save etc, the manual option should be in the bottom left corner :).

This article was fun to read .

I think the pace of any player depends upon its Acceleration & Pace only.

According to FM17  , Bellerin is Fastest followed by Auba , Long & Bale .

Stats 1 ( Acc. + Agility+Pace) (this is what should be their speed)

Stats 2 (Acc. + Pace) (This their actual speed)

Bellerin -( 20+19+20)/3= 19.67

(20+20)/2= 20

5960bc533483b_HectorBellerin_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.1197abd51e3157bf323591165117b663.png

Auba- (20+14+19)17.3

(20+19)/2 = 19.5

Pierre-Emerick-Aubameyang_-Overview-Profile.thumb.png.6c4b1bd8a4559c918bfccda6d404bbe8.png

Long -(17+15+17)/3= 16.34

(17+17)/2 =17

44yko.thumb.png.39d3805d2fa121c732ff635634b1445b.png

BALE - (15+14+19)/3=16

(15+19)/2=17

images_Screen_Shot_2016-11-02_at_11_56_10.thumb.png.3c6a14a8d41da421afd29d2678754529.png

So my overall conclusion is that average of (pace+ acceleration) is what we get in fmm17 as their speed attributes.

58 minutes ago, Jeroenvk94 said:

Nice and informative article!

Thanks 

@Nick11

Nice work mate, that's added plenty to the discussion. So even though both 20 attributed players have the same attribute we can assume Bellerin is the faster of the two but they reach their top speed in the same amount of time. With the breakdown FM17 offers this is easy to see and work out but on FMM you can't see such information. Thankfully this is backed up by real life with my findings suggesting Bellerin can reach a slightly higher top speed than Aubameyang. 

Bale is the interesting one however as his total of 18 is lower than the 20 attributed players yet his top speed stat is equal to Aubameyang's (even though he's out paced him IRl) but he's hindered by his other attributes like I theorised. 

This basically confirms that 20 pace doesn't mean you're always signing the fastest player in terms of pure top speed. 

However with the Shane Long example his pace is slightly lower than Bale's yet Long has a higher acceleration rate, in this case which player would consistently be seen as the quicker one? Long can reach his stop speed quicker while Bale would need more room/warm up to hit his greater top speed. 

Loving this convo! 

39 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Thanks 

@Nick11

Nice work mate, that's added plenty to the discussion. So even though both 20 attributed players have the same attribute we can assume Bellerin is the faster of the two but they reach their top speed in the same amount of time. With the breakdown FM17 offers this is easy to see and work out but on FMM you can't see such information. Thankfully this is backed up by real life with my findings suggesting Bellerin can reach a slightly higher top speed than Aubameyang. 

Bale is the interesting one however as his total of 18 is lower than the 20 attributed players yet his top speed stat is equal to Aubameyang's (even though he's out paced him IRl) but he's hindered by his other attributes like I theorised. 

This basically confirms that 20 pace doesn't mean you're always signing the fastest player in terms of pure top speed. 

Definitely.

As we can see physical attributes contain - Agility and strength (Weight & Ability to jostle with opp. & Withstand opponents) . So agility doesn't play any part in measuring speed.

Ex - A gk may have higher agility or same agility as other player but he simply can't run as fast as outfield players.

Here,weight definitely impact the speed.

Higher the weight = higher momentum but slower the pace .

So you can see both Long & Bale are bulkier than Auba & Hector . Which mean weight somehow play a role in pace.

However with the Shane Long example his pace is slightly lower than Bale's yet Long has a higher acceleration rate, in this case which player would consistently be seen as the quicker one? Long can reach his stop speed quicker while Bale would need more room/warm up to hit his greater top speed. 

Loving this convo! 

I think this depends upon instant acceleration. Some players posses blistering pace but no instant acceleration &  some posses good speed & higher instant acceleration (Messi). I think this might be a reason why Long reaches his top speed quicker than Bale .

Bale might be slow while starting to run but can outspeed as he starts gaining momentum  .Him having higher wieght helps me to justify it.

I still remember Copa Del rey final where he started running slower & kept building momentum & you all know what happened to mark Bartra.

Last attribute to define pace may be height . Small player tends to have high pace while taller one have low comparatively.

Here Bellerin is smallest while Bale is tallest . ( Smaller player with low weight can be fast as well as tall player with weight around (75-85)  . Ibra being Exception.

So, my 0inal conclusion is: 

Combination of  Weight and Height also play a role in determining Speed.

Acceleration , Instant acceleration And pace are Primary attributes. While weight & height strenght are Secondary Attributes.

Physical attributes like body shape I'd say is getting too far into real life and away from the game, especially FMM as those have no mention within the game. Is height and weight liked footedness was before the icon where it's there and we don't know it? Impossible to say.

Sure body shape will have an impact but that's due to how those body shapes typically perform in real life and not something more unique to the game IMO. Smaller players might be quicker in game but that's purely because they might be in real life etc, in real life body shape will play a massive part and will build what these players stats look like but beyond that I wouldn't say they impact the game or the speed stat beyond the stat they are given etc. Do players lose or gain weight in FM? If so that could be used as some sort of experiment to see if that impacts the speed stats but at the same time that simply reflects real life and nature lol. 

Regarding Agility I'm not sure what to think as that's a goalkeeper attribute in FMM and the manual references reactions and not agility which isn't on FM based on those screenshots. Are they the same thing? Possibly but I wouldn't say so, I'm really not sure tbh. 

Good points on acceleration but to our knowledge there isn't stages to that stat like you're suggesting. Possibly the acceleration stat can be broken down like we've seen the pace attribute can be but that's at a stretch with no evidence to suggest this. I'd think someone who can instantly start at blistering pace like Mane would have a higher acceleration stat in general and will hit his top speed quickly while someone like Messi would have to build up to that point. 

You've made very valid points but I feel all of those things would be implemented into the players build more than how the stats actually work. 

30 minutes ago, Brayden said:

Hello i am new here and i would like to say very nice article.

Firstly welcome to Vibe and secondly thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is appreciated :D

I too don't know upto which extent these things are used in game . Is it used in game or not ?  I just analyzed it a bit with real life ...coz as game is advancing these ,in ,future, may become core part of game .

All these stuffs are just guess apart from few . SI should shed some light on it .

added 0 minutes later
38 minutes ago, Brayden said:

Hello i am new here and i would like to say very nice article.

Welcome to vibe . Hope cya here for long time.