Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mcandrew003

Top 7 Breakthrough Talents - La Liga

7-breakthrough-talents-la-liga-fmm17.png

7 Breakthrough Talent - La Liga

Hola todos and welcome to the second installment of my 'Top 7 Breakthrough Talents' articles! Today, we will be taking a glimpse into the beautiful country of Spain, where the football is great and the talent even greater. After my previous attempt at this article, I think I should make a few things clear:

Players Will Be No Older Than 24

Based On Goals, Assists and Average Rating

Different Positions

I want to make this as interesting as possible for you guys to read and hopefully react with a comment, so I will try and fish out a few players that may class as 'Unknown'. However, it's hard to do that when it's based off real life, so please understand if these are fairly popular players.

Now that that's out of the way, I think we should begin. So after some extensive research on the brilliant WhoScored.com, which you can find here, I present, the Top 7 Breakthrough Talents of La Liga!

7. Alex Berenguer - Osasuna

IMG_7925.thumb.PNG.d0fbe25d2177392740f07fec9d39ed1a.PNG

Berenguer is a fantastic young talent who isn't too popular on the forums here on Vibe. Some of his stats for his age are incredible, with 15 Dribbling making him very hard to tackle on the wing. Even better, he can play on either flank, meaning he is extremely versatile. Osasuna seem to have noticed that this year, as he has played in LB, RB, CM, RW and LW for Osasuna in the 16/17 season. He isn't just a pretty face however, as he racked up 2 goals and 6 assists for the Spanish side. If you are looking for a versatile Chance creator, Berenguer is your guy. 

6. Gabriel Pires - Leganes

IMG_7926.thumb.PNG.0915cb463b38f7c04dde63a6b17f60c6.PNG

Pires is another playe who isn't seen too often in the forums, but is actually a fantastic player. At 22, he has some great stats for La Liga, and will only blossom under you're management. 15 Technique for a CM means he'll be the creative spark in your Midfield, while the option to drop him deep with stats like 12 Tackling and 14 Passing means he can instigate your attacks from most places down the spine. In real life, Pires has just lead Leganes to survival by the skin of their teeth, and his 5 goals and 2 assists from the Midfield spot means he cemented his place in the team. Despite his 9 aerial, he averaged an incredible 4.4 aerial duels won per game, so I wouldn't undermine his heading ability. Looking for a player as solid as a rock in midfield? Pires might just fit that role. 

5. Theo Hernandez - Real Madrid

IMG_7927.thumb.PNG.f834db28cbac002e771be286a3394538.PNG

Don't be fooled by the poor stats, Hernandez turns into a gem of a player. After a hugely impressive campaign in which he helped Alaves finish 9th in their first year back in La Liga, he was snapped up by Real from their arch rivals. Even for a 19 year old, he possesses some decent attributes such as 14 Crossing, 13 Dribbling, 14 Movement and 14 for all Physicals. These stats are backed up by his impressive performances in La Liga in 16/17. He managed to grab 2 goals and 3 assists from the LB position, a huge feat for a teenager. Oh, did I forget to mention st he can play all up the left side? This versatlility and adaptability caused him to play in 2 different spots for Alaves this year, showing how capable he his up and down that left flank. Snap him up whilst you can, before the big boys come calling. 

4. Sandro Ramirez - Everton (Formerly Malaga)

IMG_7928.thumb.PNG.8be98cbe2a87152cab7c58cd6ad4d313.PNG

Wow! This is by far the best player we have had so far. After failing to impress at Barcelona, Sandro was shipped off to Malaga, where he found the back of the net 14 times in all competitions. This prolific nature cause Everton to shell out a few million for his services this summer. If we look at his stats, he has a few there that are good enough to rival even the best players on the planet. His 19 Shooting, 17 Dribbling, 17 Movement and 15 Pace show just how dangerous he is as a striker, and why he got his big move. Aswell as his 14 goals, he managed 3 assists for his team-mates in 16/17. Sandro can be deployed on the wing comfortable aswell, a position Malaga never used him in but you definately can. Sandro is a lot better than most young Strikers, are you willing to take a punt on him like Malaga did?

3. Marcus Llorente - Real Madrid

IMG_7929.thumb.PNG.45f31a2c987ec72dd2515f4e9e2cd856.PNG

A player I've brought up a few times in previous list is Marcus Llorente, who, aswell as Hernandez, was one of the key figures in Alaves' impressive La Liga finish. For a 21 year old, his stats look well rounded and even impressive in a few places, including his 15 Passing, 14 Technique and 14 Stamina. He is yet to break into the Madrid first team, but with a season like this he is likely to be in contention. He managed to grab 2 assists from the CDM spot this year, but his high average Rating of 7.16 shows how he was a brute in the midfield. He isn't half bad at passing either, with a 87% pass completion rate. If this is anything to go by, Llorente could become a world beater in a few years time. 

2. Yeray Alvarez - Bilbao

IMG_7930.thumb.PNG.6aefa73c732ef329e1210420a81dc3a8.PNG

Another player whose attributes don't quite match his ability is Yeray Alvarez, who had a great year with Bilbao. Playing as a CB, he averaged 2.3 tackles per game, which is a fantastic record when you consider his age. This tackling statistic is backed up by his 12 Tackling and 14 Positioning in game, which shows he is a trustworthy player to have at the heart of your defence. A similar player to Ramos in many ways, Yeray also achieved 2 assists from the back line, showing his creative prowess alongside his defensive one. For a cheap fee and years of solidarity, Yeray is the perfect candidate.

1. Dani Ceballos - Real Betis

IMG_7931.thumb.PNG.a05651e79a56c43b44cca72ac8348463.PNG

Dani Ceballos is the next Andres Iniesta. There you go, I said it. For a 20 year old, his attributes are absoloutley phenomenal, Andy he is capable of out doing most CM's around the world. Amongst his impressive arsenal is 15 Passing, which makes sense when you consider he averages 1.3 Key Passes per game. His 16 Technique is easily seen aswell, with him grabbing 2 goals and 2 assists in 24 games for Betis. His pass completion ratio of 80.8% means he became a mainstay in the starting 11, and proved his worth with a 7.32 AVR. He may cost a lot, but the success he will bring you will be all worth it. 

There you go! I hope I put enough detail in here to make it interesting for you guys, please let me know what you think about these players. Any feedback, comments and opinions are welcome. Thanks for reading!

Very nice write up dude, and you've highlighted a few players I wouldn't mind having a go with

And your right about Theo Hernandez, picked him up during my alphabet career and he killed it at both LB and LW, giving the great Douglas Santos a run for his money

Smashing article mate.Have used Gabriel a few and was very impressed with his form,Theo is also a top class talent,but need to snap him up before brexit...

KIU.

Nice article mate . Tbh i've used only two of 'em , theo & caballeos, both turn WC after few years of IT .  Marcos Llorente too devlops into beast (in game) .

The player who impressed the most this season is Ceballos & sandro Ramires . I still remember his 2 goals against Barca , something that cost us leauge title ?.

34 minutes ago, Taff said:

Very nice write up dude, and you've highlighted a few players I wouldn't mind having a go with

And your right about Theo Hernandez, picked him up during my alphabet career and he killed it at both LB and LW, giving the great Douglas Santos a run for his money

Thanks Taff, glad you enjoyed. I've seen Hernandez become a beast, shame not many use him though. 

27 minutes ago, Harish said:

Smashing article mate.Have used Gabriel a few and was very impressed with his form,Theo is also a top class talent,but need to snap him up before brexit...

KIU.

Never personally used him, must say he looks good though. Might sing him in the Community Challenge. Cheers Harish.

7 minutes ago, Nick11 said:

Nice article mate . Tbh i've used only two of 'em , theo & caballeos, both turn WC after few years of IT .  Marcos Llorente too devlops into beast (in game) .

The player who impressed the most this season is Ceballos & sandro Ramires . I still remember his 2 goals against Barca , something that cost us leauge title ?.

Good to see I've included a few nobody has heard of. I agree, have seen them progress quite well too. 

Thats tragic, sorry to hear that :P Cheers for the comment Nick. 

Agree with Ceballos. Used him in my 1KC career and he's a brute. Just top class. Sandro and Llorente look too good for players I haven't used yet. That will need to change tho :)

Thanks for bringing these quality lads to our attention.

20 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Agree with Ceballos. Used him in my 1KC career and he's a brute. Just top class. Sandro and Llorente look too good for players I haven't used yet. That will need to change tho :)

Thanks for bringing these quality lads to our attention.

Ceballos is a beast in the midfield, only used him briefly but have seen how he develops and he is mighty impressive. Llorente is one who always slips under my radar, will have to tattoo his name onto my arm or something :O

No worries, glad you found it interesting :D

Llorente actually becomes a real solid player after 2-3 seasons but i had to buy him out of RM so that he can really bloom! Overall great article, got to know some new players too! Thanks for this article!

2 minutes ago, salohcin said:

Llorente actually becomes a real solid player after 2-3 seasons but i had to buy him out of RM so that he can really bloom! Overall great article, got to know some new players too! Thanks for this article!

Have seen him develop well a few times, glad you have seen it too.

Thanks a lot, glad you enjoyed it :D

40 minutes ago, setiawanjimmy said:

Great article there mate! Haven't heard few of them actually and will look them up. Thanks!

Cheers mate, the aim was to have a few people haven't heard of and it seems I've succeeded. Cheers! 

Used a few over the years as some have been around for ages, you brought some new names to my attention though :). 

Never liked Sandro on FMM tbh. 

Seen a few images of a godly looking Theo Hernandes tbh, he looks the real deal. Can't see him getting past Marcelo much though