Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic A Tribute To Bradley Lowery

Nick11

Jermaine Defoe's paid tribute to young #BradelyLowrey who passed away this Friday.

He, the young courageous kid & mascot for England during worldcup qualifiers, was suffering from NEUROBLASTOMA a form of cancer that is common in young kids/infants. He was a Sunderland fan as well as mascot for Sunderland , developed very close relationship with the former Sunderland striker Jermain Defoe. This shows us how brave the kid was in his fight against evil cancer as well as how good a person Jermain Defoe is .He used to visit him on very regular basis . I too felt very sad after hearing this morning & was waiting for right platform to pay tribute to lovely Bradley.

# RIP kid   #SymobolOf Courage

DEFOE'S TWEET 

"Goodbye my friend gonna miss you lots,"
"I feel so blessed God brought u into my life and had some amazing moments with you and for that I'm so grateful.
"I'll never ever forget the way u looked at me wen I met u for the first time, the genuine love in those cute eyes.
"Really finding it hard to find words to express what u mean to me. The way u say my name, ur little smiles when the cameras come out like a little superstar and the love I felt wen I was with u.
"Your courage and bravery will continue to inspire me for the rest of my life. You will never know what a difference you made to me as a person.
"God has you in his arms and I will always carry you in my heart. Sleep tight little one. My best friend."

DEOjG_ZWsAEc9qg.thumb.jpg.3aa3da48d0f23a0ce8784935e706b8ba.jpg

IMG_20170709_032234.thumb.jpg.5c646599a4403d55eb0b711ce25e236c.jpg

Being a football fan i felt that i need to post it here as this platform is devoted to football .

Drop your comments... as a small tribute to Bradley. 

So touching seeing the relationship JD had with the poor lad, if he isn't at least in the running for sports personality of the year then I've lost faith in humanity!!

We should do a tribute to him on here, maybe everyone do one season with Sunderland and only use players with surnames starting with the letters of his name (i.e. Benzema, Rodriguez, Alonso and so on)

Awful news, remember sinking this morning when seeing it. He was such a brave lad, didn't deserve any of what he got. R.I.P Bradley.

22 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

So touching seeing the relationship JD had with the poor lad, if he isn't at least in the running for sports personality of the year then I've lost faith in humanity!!

We should do a tribute to him on here, maybe everyone do one season with Sunderland and only use players with surnames starting with the letters of his name (i.e. Benzema, Rodriguez, Alonso and so on)

Not a bad shout that, I'll be in touch to organise it with you.

RIP little man you will never be forgotten. Faced every day with inspirational courage and bravery despite every one of those days being a challenge in itself. Fantastic to see the relationship that has developed between him and Defoe who has proved to be a star off the field as well as on during these past few months.

Really heart-breaking. Defoe showed what a top dude he is. Giving a little of his time and attention to this little boy. It meant the world to him. Filling this boy's mind with happy memories before he went.

RIP little Bradley.

It was impossible not to be caught up in this as Bradley was so likeable, brave, inspiring and generally a heartwarming character, he was just an ace kid. No child should have to deal with what he went through but the way he handled it is an inspiration to us all and like everyone I was gutted when I saw the news. 

Defoe has also gone above and beyond and he deserves all the credit in the world, his press conference the other day was hard to watch. Footballers get a lot of abuse for their attitude yet Defoe put himself under this spotlight knowing the potential outcome and the emotional grief that would follow and he's done all of that to make this kids life that little bit happier. 

It's not very often stories in the press get me emotional but this one brings me down to my knees, any coverage or image I've seen in the last few weeks has had tears held back. I think we all became invested even if we didn't realise it. 

RIP Bradley

Bradley, definitely was symbol of inspiration. He showed us to keep fighting even when conditions aren't favourable.  @Ashez agree with you mate , no kid deserves this .

Defoe as good off the fiel as he was on the field.What he did & devloped a relationship with the young lad ( spending time with D.L ) is really inspirational stuff. Other footballers should learn from J.D .

@samhardy your every word for D.L is perfect . Considering that you are a Sunderland fan , i can understand how you might be feeling...we all are feeling same. 

Why don't we do a small challenge?

Triple Threat - ( D  -- JD --- L)

Use two players - First players first  name must Begin with D  & 2nd players first name must be with L . Using Defoe as central figure of this challenge . Challenge should be for one season only. Aim is to use each of the two players apart from defoe to score 13 & assist 13 (13 becoz total no of letters in his name is 13). Defoe's target should be to get 30 goals. 

RIP Bradley

I loved his smile and I just hope he will bring that smile as he goes above!

Thanks for initiating this tribute!

@Nick11 im thinking of a challenge to bring sunderland to CL glory for Bradley with Defoe as central figure, but this will be a 3 seasons challenge cos the team is not adequately strong 

Deeply saddened by the news,Always loved his determination.Just wish Sunderland could have survived as it would have given one last thing to be happy about for the kid before his end.

Really respect Defoe for his strong friendship with the boy,was with him till the very end,He must be as heartbroken as Bradley's family,He was like a brother to him..

RIP Bradley.

You definitely made a everlasting impression on every fan of English Football.

7 hours ago, salohcin said:

RIP Bradley

I loved his smile and I just hope he will bring that smile as he goes above!

Thanks for initiating this tribute!

@Nick11 im thinking of a challenge to bring sunderland to CL glory for Bradley with Defoe as central figure, but this will be a 3 seasons challenge cos the team is not adequately strong 

3 season - that's fine mate . As long as it's tribute to B.L .

RIP Bradley. Devastating news. We all knew it would come eventually but it doesn't make it any less saddening.

He always had a smile on his face, despite the battle he was fighting, and never allowed this awful disease to put a damper on his short but wonderful life.

Himself and his family raised a lot of awareness for neuroblastoma, and raised a lot of money too.

While we're remembering Bradley, let's also remember the children who have also sadly lost their lives to the disease, and keep those who are fighting in our prayers.

RIP Bradley, for a tribute I have already started a Sunderland Career, with Editing a Player as Bradley Lowery, unfortunately his age had tob3 over 15c uso I decided to make him a 16 year old Attacking Mid, with ability to play as a striker too and decent enough on the flanks. Had his stats copiedx from that of Jermain Defoe (offcourse, why not), already halfway through the season,
 Bradley has been decent (12 Goals in 28 appreances) and have started getting offers from other English Clubs (Value now (12-Jan-2017) at €3.5m, season start (€975k) (Stats upgraded like Shooting, Positining, Movement, Strength etc)(Offers from Man. City, Stoke, Swansea and Everton)

On 07/09/2017 at 01:57, Brenty92 said: