Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Jeroenvk94 does the Best League In The World Challenge

First and foremost I want to start off by showing my respect towards Abdelhak Nouri. The 20-year old Ajax talent suffered from a heart attack last Saturday. We just got the news that the poor lad has permanent brain damage. He will most likely not be able to play football ever again. Ajax are our biggest rivals, but in moments like this, we are reminded that football is just a game.

You'll never walk alone poor guy! Stay strong.

nouri.jpg.476f4af9df8053acefa41c10f00858f6.jpg

The challenge 

The challenge is to start in a lower league, and make it the number one league. For this challenge I have chosen the Eredivisie and decided to start off with one of the most talented teams of Europe at this moment.
My career will start at AFC Ajax.

More to come soon

Good luck mate!

So sad to hear about Nouri, destined for big things, such a shame, Personally I would have him as your focal point in this career, let him retire at Ajax a legend pal ??

Real shame what happened to him, he has a 4 star PA on fmm if I recall correctly. Are you planning on using him?

34 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

Good luck mate!

So sad to hear about Nouri, destined for big things, such a shame, Personally I would have him as your focal point in this career, let him retire at Ajax a legend pal ??

19 minutes ago, Jens said:

Real shame what happened to him, he has a 4 star PA on fmm if I recall correctly. Are you planning on using him?

Of course. Nouri will be one of the players I need the most. I hope to keep him at the club for a while, but if he wants to leave I hope to earn a lot of money from him :P

An update from Amsterdam

Because they finished second last season, Ajax have to play qualifiers for the Champions Cup. It's too bad for Ajax they had to draw AS Monaco. The first match in Monaco they were already down 3-0 at half time. However, Ajax got back in the second half, when Kasper Dolberg, one of Europes biggest talents scored 3-1. In the Johan Cruyff Arena, Ajax only needs 1-0 to draw out Extra Time.

In the Johan Cruyff Arena, it was a tight game. Ajax gave everything they had, but came up short. In the 27th minute, Falcao scored 0-1, securing an aggregate win for Monaco. It was highly unlikely that Ajax was going to win. IN the 78th minute, Falcao made it even worse, scoring 0-2.

In the Europa League play-off, Ajax will face the Portugese Rio Ave

Transfers

With only a limited budget of € 18.000.000, Ajax has to sign some cheap young players and sell players high. 

In :

• Todd Kane has come from Chelsea for € 2.600.000 on a 3 year contract
  • Gabriel has come from Leganés for € 8.750.000  on a 3 year contract
  • Justin Kluivert was promoted from Jong Ajax

Out :

• Diederik Boer has left to Tours FC for € 180.000
  • Lasse Schone has left to Olympique Marseille for € 8.750.000

We're halfway August, so still a lot of things can happen. More to come very soon!

RIP Nouri.

Great to see you have a crack at this challenge. Good choice of league too, it'll be brilliant to see the likes Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord on top of the world again.

5 hours ago, Mr.Manager said:

RIP Nouri.

Great to see you have a crack at this challenge. Good choice of league too, it'll be brilliant to see the likes Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord on top of the world again.

Luckily the kid is still alive. But his brain functions will never recover. He will never walk, talk, eat or think again. It would be better for the kid to call it a day and go, it sounds harsh but you don't want a 20 year old to end up in a wheel chair without any possibility of a normal life.

Ajax will dominate again!

Hope the kid recovers to have at least a chance of a somewhat normal life again off the pitch.

Goodluck with this career.

Awful news about Nouri, I used him earlier this year and he is very good. Hope he recovers. 

Best of luck dude, a great challenge and I'm sure you'll smash it. 

10 hours ago, Jeroenvk94 said:

Luckily the kid is still alive. But his brain functions will never recover. He will never walk, talk, eat or think again. It would be better for the kid to call it a day and go, it sounds harsh but you don't want a 20 year old to end up in a wheel chair without any possibility of a normal life.

Ajax will dominate again!

Oh course, yeah. Sorry I didn't meant that to sound insensitive.

Really saddened to hear this news . He was very talented in real life & on fmm/fmh too. He won't ever be able to play this beautiful game because of this horrible injury . May god bless him & help him to recover, so that he can have a normal life. 

As winter falls.

Ajax have failed to qualify for any European competition and are really doing awfull at this time. I've had a lot of injuries during the season, Dolberg, my main striker even got injured twice. And other players like Ziyech, Gabriel and Matthijs de Ligt got long term injuries.

Despite his injuries, Dolberg managed to scored 18 goals in 19 games. I'm also missing my goalkeeper Onana and key player Ziyech due to the African Cup of Nations. So far I've made some signings this winter and I've sold 1 player.

Incoming transfers:

• Thomas Buitink from Vitesse for € 3.300.000
  • Ridegiciano Haps from AZ for € 15.000.000
  • Frenkie de Jong loan deal has expired, he has returned to Ajax.

Outgoing transfers

• Daley Sinkgraven to AS Monaco for € 19.000.000
  • Mateo Cassierra to Boavista on loan until the end of the season

Eredivisie

This is how we call it a season of transition. A new manager brings a new style of play and some new players. This means Ajax has to adapt to a completely now strategy. This is why the performance hasn't been top-notch yet.

In the Eredivisie we're not far behind the number 1 PSV Eindhoven. The difference is 1 point, but we would have hoped to have an easy season, cruising towards the league title. This means we will probably play Champions League Qualifiers next season.

Dutch Cup

The Dutch Cup has been the one place where we win, but most of the time we've been lucky. We managed to win against ADO Den Haag in extra time and needed pens agains PEC Zwolle to reach the semi finals.

It seems that all the odds are against us, luck is something we need this season. It's strange because normally I would've been champion by now. It seems FMM hates me or something, I lose against freaking relegation candidates.

Ah hard luck mate. Are you just halfway through the first season? As you say, it's a bit of a transition stage, I'm sure you can turn things round.

Have the other Dutch teams progressed in Europe?

44 minutes ago, Mr.Manager said:

Ah hard luck mate. Are you just halfway through the first season? As you say, it's a bit of a transition stage, I'm sure you can turn things round.

Have the other Dutch teams progressed in Europe?

Yes I'm now halfway through the season ( January window has passed )

PSV were knocked out in their group of doom ( Atlético, Leicester and Roma ) they finished with 4 points.
Feyenoord have proceeded to Europa League KO stage ( Schalke '04, Mlada Boleslav, Basaksehir ) with 9 points
AZ were knocked out of their group ( Inter, Standard, Legia ) with 5 points.

Feyenoord will play Atletico Bilbao in the first knockout round.

Your first season is always going to be the toughest and with the Dutch league there are other quality teams to compete with, with the Welsh any team can become dominant at home, (that's not to take away the fantastic work @Mr.Manager has done in Europe), but your time will come

How unlucky with those multiple injuries at the same time. Your physios are working overtime.

Feyenoord can still somewhat brighten your season. 

June 2017

The season has finished. Ajax were disappointing in the first half of the season, but from December 13th on, they haven't lost a single game!. They were even on one of the biggest winning streaks we've seen in recent European football history!

Youngster Kasper Dolberg came back stronger than ever after his injuries, scoring 30! goals in 29 games, a fantastic average. Midfielder Hakim Ziyech scored 12 and produced 14 assists in 36 games.

Young winger David Neres ( 20yo ) had a great debut season, scoring 21 and giving 8 assists in 42 games. He was crucial to the Ajax succes.

European campaign

The European campaign was a big let down. Ajax didn't manage to survive the group stage of the Europa League in a group which seemed easy. Fellow Dutch clubs AZ and PSV also failed to make it.

Feyenoord  made it to the second knockout round of the Europa League after winning on a 5-3 aggregate against Bilbao. Borrussia Mönchengladbach  was too strong on a 3-3 aggregate with away goal advantage for Gladbach.

Eredivisie

The Amsterdam ArenA was loud, they all sang the famous Queen song 'We are the Champions" once again! Ajax hadn't won a title in 2 years so it was about time they were back on top.

We made another player. Wesley from SPO came in for € 3.300.000 he was scouted as 5* CA and 5* PA in Brasil. He was cheap so I signed him.

Screenshots :

IMG_3743.thumb.PNG.206b5a3a2d8fdc1de94e3fa410040df6.PNGIMG_3744.thumb.PNG.77b76832d53df3c9e983e8a4e87b6caa.PNGIMG_3745.thumb.PNG.6f17794d07069b28a38486087c4db347.PNGIMG_3746.thumb.PNG.28864f2d4e653d1f427f3ec8ab532def.PNGIMG_3747.thumb.PNG.e9a099b7ee5603795b046e57d355c730.PNGIMG_3748.thumb.PNG.c675fe142e110766a76eb2a484263986.PNGIMG_3749.thumb.PNG.e8ae8557bdd3ed7689d14a09f1300b69.PNGIMG_3750.thumb.PNG.0834892be84bbc71c4be7efdc2e58b43.PNGIMG_3751.thumb.PNG.d0accb96dd596f274bdd0915cb5f3d86.PNGIMG_3752.thumb.PNG.8d1ed6b75a94e6c0e36082d66c69373a.PNGIMG_3753.thumb.PNG.3c421f97f5403f983ccd15e91f2fca5c.PNGIMG_3754.thumb.PNG.9a581b84c3c84ee1a84e4a74ce0401a3.PNG

Well, 3 Dutch clubs didn't make the qualifiers. Only Ajax and PSV are in the group phase. Ajax will play Champions League, we should be able to end 2nd or third. PSV plays Europa League and also should be able to progress. Let's gather some points!

IMG_3755.thumb.PNG.0abe15e56efde7502b06cc19684ebbd5.PNG

IMG_3756.thumb.PNG.92bc644547fb0719c3a24e17055e290d.PNG

You're closing in on the top 10, well done! Your group looks good, should be able to progress. PSV on the other hand aren't so lucky. Don't think they're going to survive theirs tbh. Hope I'm wrong. Kiu!

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

You're closing in on the top 10, well done! Your group looks good, should be able to progress. PSV on the other hand aren't so lucky. Don't think they're going to survive theirs tbh. Hope I'm wrong. Kiu!

They can do a double over Lech, if they win the home against Sporting that's 9 points. That should be enough...

IMG_3757.thumb.PNG.3a753538a04e71c51925ba57667ffbc6.PNG

I'm actually proud of this sale, probably the highest I've gotten with an Eredivisie player. An offer I couldn't refuse.

Ziyech will be replaced by either Gabriel or Nouri, I haven't decided which one yet.

That's great money for Ziyech. That should help a big deal strengthening your squad.

Re PSV, both Sporting and Liverpool will do the double over Lech as well unfortunately. GD could become decisive in this group. Hope for the best.

7 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

That's great money for Ziyech. That should help a big deal strengthening your squad.

Re PSV, both Sporting and Liverpool will do the double over Lech as well unfortunately. GD could become decisive in this group. Hope for the best.

PSV won their group lol. We came in third. Knockout draw for PSV is Real Madrid, Ajax will play Viktoria Plzen.

IMG_3758.thumb.PNG.609fea629757e4b73fac650c815773ed.PNG

IMG_3759.thumb.PNG.f8c601be543b92db843c77fbf3f406ab.PNG

IMG_3760.thumb.PNG.316d8bc9f1df6806f18ad02f0f79e135.PNG

Thats a good first season, and the second looks good, feel a little bad for PSV, winning their group only to be drawn against Real Madrid, but a good tie for you

16 hours ago, Jeroenvk94 said:

Ziyech will be replaced by either Gabriel or Nouri, I haven't decided which one yet.

I couldn't go with anyone but Nouri. Especially after your beautiful introduction. Either way goodluck!