Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Jeroenvk94 does the Best League In The World Challenge

You wouldn't freaking believe it... PSV survived against Real Madrid and went on to the second Knockout Round. Ajax also went to go on, with a really tough draw.

PSV will face Athletic Bilbao
Ajax will face Arsenal.

An update from Amsterdam.

Ajax and PSV have saved the Netherlands! After falling down in the UEFA ranks, both Dutch teams got Holland back up, aiming for a top 10 spot! By reaching the Quarter Finals in the Europa League where PSV lost against Liverpool and Ajax lost against AS Roma, the Dutch have climbed to 11th place!

IMG_3777.thumb.PNG.7c8d4e405cca00e5f7db747c7fc6e89d.PNG

Ajax went on to sign some new players, one youth player Ferdi Kadioglu who cost 3.5 million with a loan back clause.

Mateo Mussachio cost 15.2 million and Ajax hope that he can bring some extra experience to the team.

IMG_3770.thumb.PNG.cd68d2771a01950eb26a15369df5f778.PNG

IMG_3775.thumb.PNG.59a37524442cd0df8a439101dbafdb92.PNG

IMG_3776.thumb.PNG.38ab2f9865a4cadca05e4ace6ffd86d1.PNG

IMG_3778.thumb.PNG.15a129f588077ee3bf0f50ba1c52b362.PNG

Ajax also sold some fringe players. And loaned out huge talent el Baad who was promoted from the Academy.

We will play against Trencin in the Champions League qualifiers because every team that's lower than 11th has to play qualifiers. Another good year and we'll be right on track towards the number 1 spot!

Great run from the Dutch top teams. Let's hope some of the smaller teams can get a few wins in Europe as well. Maybe you could find a way to strengthen them? ;

12 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Great run from the Dutch top teams. Let's hope some of the smaller teams can get a few wins in Europe as well. Maybe you could find a way to strengthen them? ;

I think it's time to abandon ship and switch to a smaller team ( Feyenoord or AZ ), Ajax will be doing fine. After this season I'll probably resign from Ajax, first I want to reach at least a final with them.

Just now, mcandrew003 said:

Decent year dude, managed a good European finish. Like Bati says, maybe it's time to strengthen the other clubs now. 

Yes, I'm going to pull off one more stunt ( at least reach an European final ) and then await the vacant jobs. If something good pops up ( Feyenoord, AZ or Utrecht ) I'll probably join them. If I'm at another club it's gonna be damn hard to compete with this Ajax I built :P

33 minutes ago, Jeroenvk94 said:

Yes, I'm going to pull off one more stunt ( at least reach an European final ) and then await the vacant jobs. If something good pops up ( Feyenoord, AZ or Utrecht ) I'll probably join them. If I'm at another club it's gonna be damn hard to compete with this Ajax I built :P

No Excelsior? ;) 

1 hour ago, Jens said:

No Excelsior? ;) 

Perhaps in the future :P
I can strengthen other squads by staying at Ajax. I can actually loan out my entire youth team with about 4* PA at average. 

This is quite a big update, prepare for a bit of a long read.

All good things come to an end

A huge loss for Ajax today, as their ´wonder manager´ has resigned from his position. Ajax are deeply saddened by his decision, but know that they also have to move on. The Ajax supporters came to the club in large numbers, to say their goodbye to the manager who has brought them back in the Champions League knock-out phase!

d429d7d258bb82a7360bacabd902c78e-1414113128.jpg.a2f8c69323381a37e9529e8e27921af2.jpg

In a press conference, Jeroen van Kuijk had the following to say:

To be honest, I'm really sad to leave the club, but on the other hand, I think it is time for me and Ajax to go our own way. I'm on a mission to put Dutch football back on the map, and that's exactly what we have done the past three seasons. We've won the Eredivisie three years in a row. We made some huge signings and developed some great players. We even managed to break a record, with Hakim Ziyech's transfer to Manchester City for € 55.000.000. His sale has contributed to the fact that we made Ajax relevant again. We could sign some huge names like Mussachio, Allison, Femenio and some huge talents like St Juste and Haps, who will be future internationals.

I've learned a lot for this team and it's actually hard to say goodbye. I'll be staying in the Eredivisie, so I will be back in the Amsterdam ArenA, and one day, I'll be back at Ajax. But for now, it's time to part our ways.

The emotional goodbye for the manager clearly showed that he was highly involved with Ajax. He was always busy scouting youth players in the Academy and improving players in the first squad.

The Eredivisie

Ajax have again won the competition in Holland. It's something we can almost be sure of when the season starts. Coach van Kuijk has built a killer machine which is hard to beat. We had some black pages this season ( we lost 4 freaking 0 against freaking PEC Zwolle )

Ajax scored a total of 81 goals and conceded 31

Champions League

Ajax managed to qualify for the knock-out phase by finishing 2nd in their group of Real Hispalis, Zenit and Leverkusen. 
Their draw for the next round : Olympique Lyon, who managed to steal a 1-1 draw in Amsterdam. In Lyon Ajax scored 2 before half time, making a statement that they would not be eliminated so easily. The game finished 1-2 making sure Ajax proceeds to the Second Knockout Round.

In the Quarter Final, Ajax played Manchester United. The once great English club used to dominate England and Europe. But in recent years, not so much. In the home game, Ajax were quite dominant, opening the score within 10 minutes. However, United proved to be a team of high quality, equalising in the first half. David De Gea had made many saves before half time. In Amsterdam we finished 1-1.
The game in Manchester was way different. In the opening minutes we were already begind 1-0. It was hard for us to recover from that blow. We really wanted to go on, but United has a really strong defense. In '35th minute, the son of Patrick, Justin Kluivert equalized, putting the semi finals back in sight. We only needed one more goal to qualify. United came up 3-1, and we knew it was over. Rashford could not be contained by our defense. I guess it wasn't meant to be. We lost 4-1 and got knocked out by Man United.

Ajax were the only Dutch team who qualified for European football.

KNVB Beker

In the Dutch Cup, Ajax have reached the finals in which they faced long-time rivals Feyenoord. Early in the game, Ajax scored the opening goal and were looking forward to an easy cup win. Feyenoord have had a terrible Eredivisie season, so Ajax would win this cup match easily.

After the final whistle, Ajax lifted the cup

Eredivisie clubs will be looking out for Van Kuijk as he'll be waiting for a new challenge in the Dutch competition! I'll update when I find a new challenge. For now, with a lot of pain in my heart, I say goodbye to Ajax.

`I have been thinking about my future as a manager for a long time now. I've been away from the game for 5 months, and in those 5 months I have received offers from clubs like Everton, Southampton. I've waited and waited until a club came that felt right.

Finally it was there. Back in Holland, close to my old club, I have joined AZ as their new manager. They approached me with a 2-year contract. AZ is a club with a lot of young players who have lots of potential. They also play Europa League football and have already qualified for the knockout stage. My goals is to take AZ to at least the quarter finals.'

498234f47be7553476128db65bafbb74.jpeg.254089ef8877a86409712bd2a9a15f19.jpegAZ Alkmaar :

AZ are known for their great youth facilities, producing potential Dutch stars! They currently play in the AFAS Stadion, which hosts about 17.023 people.

They have excellent training and excellent youth facilities. 

Key players :

GK : Nick Olij

DEF : Derrick Luckassen

MID : Guus Til

ATT : Wout Weghorst

Dutch clubs in Europe :

Ajax
Ajax played Champions League football. They were drawn in a group with Bayern, AC Milan and Lech Poznan. They finished 3rd in the group, which allows them to play the knockout stage of the Europa League.

PSV
PSV were playing Europa League football. They were drawn in a group with Real Sociedad, Austria Wien and Osijek. PSV finished 3rd and thus failed to qualify for the knockout stage.

AZ
AZ were playing Europa League football. They were drawn in a group with Inter, Spartak Moscow and Legia. They finished second in the group, allowing them to proceed to the knockout stage.

37 minutes ago, Taff said:

Good job getting the move to AZ, now it's building time

"AZ Can we fix it"

5970c2deaa8d9_download(1).jpg.f3f0916350ce8b3cfb5247ad11ac9fa9.jpg

Already started. Downside is, I need to sell a lot of players. The squad consists of many young talented players, so making choices about who to sell is definitely very hard. It's January, so I'll take this season for what it is. The real building will start next season.

April 2020

AZ have been doing just fine in Europe and have also announced some signings for the upcoming season, they mostly targeted young talented players who can bring a lot to AZ in the future.

But first, let´s look at the European competitions :

Ajax 

Ajax ended their European run in the Second Knockout Round of the Euro Cup, losing on aggregate against Olympique Lyonnais. They just came up short.

AZ

AZ got past Hapoel Be'er-Sheva, Real San Sebastian and Fiorentina only to draw Inter in the semi finals of the Euro Cup, in the next update you'll see what happens there.

PSV

PSV didn´t even qualify this year.

Reaching the semi finals with AZ is something I´d never thought would happen, as I still have to start rebuilding the squad. I´m curious to see what this club can do in the upcoming 3-4 seasons.

Upcoming Transfers

• Tahith Chong
    This Dutch player has a bright future ahead of him, well, as far as the critics are concerned. He was one of the biggest talents in the Feyenoord youth academy when he left for Man United.
  • Allan Escobar Baruffi
    This was on scout recommendation. His stats are nice, so let´s see what he can do!
  • Giampiero Floccari
    The biggest talent Juve had on their squad left without a transfer fee and joins AZ next season!
  • Valentin Izco
    Another scout recommendation
  • Lucas Pierre Canesin Matos
    Another scout recommendation.
45 minutes ago, Mr.Manager said:

Great work with AZ! I can see you beating Inter in the semis. You can do it!

You'll see tonight. The team is performing better than I thought.

I had to change some things though, first we played 4231 which didn't work out. Now I play 4312 which makes our midfield more stable. We scored more and conceded less

The first season at AZ was bit difficult. I joined the club mid January, so I didn't have much 'rebuilding time'.

However, we managed to do decent,finishing 5th in the league and reaching the Euro Cup semi finals, only to be beaten by Inter, which isn't a shame.

My good run made Holland climb the rankings again, we're now 10th. I have also qualified for the next Euro Cup, through the 2nd, 3rd and Playoff stage of the qualifiers.

IMG_3898.thumb.PNG.1b423a2f20dc07c8cbf4074f3dba894b.PNG

IMG_3899.thumb.PNG.90416d872fd6fb06be1a482fb319f98a.PNG

IMG_3900.thumb.PNG.3a01e7996e6c1dda6100cec975ec7562.PNG

IMG_3901.thumb.PNG.3c21274412ea6a2f048e175033fb60d8.PNG

IMG_3902.thumb.PNG.ad9b03ac15e07500013a2635ac5f1b0a.PNG

IMG_3903.thumb.PNG.44ffd37d5e8bedee9502f949c03a2cb5.PNG

IMG_3905.thumb.PNG.19693fbedec0d5ac0933355ef197d63a.PNG

IMG_3906.thumb.PNG.d57187c6377dd25d386bbfdcfcfedd07.PNG

IMG_3907.thumb.PNG.f6a99522f1e7f592b79818fa8c719569.PNG

My signings for the next season are in the update before this.

Let's keep going like this!