Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Rookie - Help Needed

Hello everyone, I'm new to FMM series. I've been reading this site for a while and got an whole idea about the game and I've been playing good. But I've some problems which I couldn't solve on my own. 

1. I'm managing Fulham in my save and I've tried to get good physio and got them but still there's no improvement in that area. I'm getting at least one player injured in every match varying from 10 days to 2 months. So, how to resolve this? 

2. Secondly, how to improve a morale of player? I've been playing him most no. Of matches but still his morale is poor and I'm afraid he might destroy healthy environment in dressing room

3. Lastly, how to build your backroom team? Like what's the combo? Currently I have

Coach : 1 Att. Coach, 1 Def. Coach, 1 Fitness and 1 youth and I'm Motivational coach. 

Scout : 1 Tactical analyst, 1 youth scout and 1 first team scout 

Physio: 2Prevention and 1Rehab.

I need some advice on these matters. It'd be great if someone help me out8

Screenshot_20170715_114639.jpg

Welcome Tharani.

1. An injury every game? How many games are we talking about here? If it's 10+ games make sure your training isn't too intensive. Also, make sure you don't start anyone under 90%. Check their fitness levels during game and sub the tired ones out. If it's less than 10 games and you applied all the above you may have run into an unlucky spell.

2. I never look at morale, but I do make sure they aren't consistently tired/overplayed and have a contract they deserve (compared with the rest of the squad). You might wanna swipe right and check what their beef is in red.

3. Coaches, obviously try getting gold badges either by hiring or taking exams. The combo looks fine just depends on your style of management. Scouts, I never use 'em. Physios, these can't be "upgraded" so I recommend getting gold ones if possible or silver at least. My combo is usually Prevention 2 Rehab 1. Unless the reverse is already at the club in which case I don't bother changing it.

Hope it's useful.

Yeah, thanks Bati. Actually, I've played 10 league matches and 2 cup games. I'm gonna give it some time to confirm whether its an unlucky spell. 

And one more thing, how to improve someone's stamina level or how to move a player from injury prone to injury free? Is that even possible? 

7 minutes ago, Tharani said:

Yeah, thanks Bati. Actually, I've played 10 league matches and 2 cup games. I'm gonna give it some time to confirm whether its an unlucky spell. 

And one more thing, how to improve someone's stamina level or how to move a player from injury prone to injury free? Is that even possible? 

Stamina is something a lot of people struggle with. I'm not even convinced it's our fault as the player. I am also not sure if this is an intended feature of FMM or a bug that was never fixed. Players with poor stamina are stuck with poor stamina. Sure a player with 13 stamina at the start can get to 20 stamina. But someone with 5, 8 or 9? Focus on fitness training and they rise (very slowly) to 10 or 11, but shift to focus on technicals and their stamina sinks like a rock.

Injury proneness is a stat attached to a player. Cannot be changed. However you can help the situation by identifying your injury prone players then putting them on less hardcore training regimes to reduce the chance of injury. I also tend to pull my injury prone star players out once a win is secured.

7 minutes ago, Meow said:

Stamina is something a lot of people struggle with. I'm not even convinced it's our fault as the player. I am also not sure if this is an intended feature of FMM or a bug that was never fixed. Players with poor stamina are stuck with poor stamina. Sure a player with 13 stamina at the start can get to 20 stamina. But someone with 5, 8 or 9? Focus on fitness training and they rise (very slowly) to 10 or 11, but shift to focus on technicals and their stamina sinks like a rock.

Injury proneness is a stat attached to a player. Cannot be changed. However you can help the situation by identifying your injury prone players then putting them on less hardcore training regimes to reduce the chance of injury. I also tend to pull my injury prone star players out once a win is secured.

Well, thanks for that. From your response, I notice you mentioned about training. I actually follow FMM default training module and is that okay? Or if any advanced/best training regimes available, can you share me the link? 

And next thing is player interaction: I thought it will have positive impact on player ultimately on team. So I decided to interact with players on monthly basis based on their last month's performance but I noticed few players took it positvely and reacted well while others didn't react good. So, how often should I do this player interaction and I want someone to explain clearly about interactions like when to do it and which one to do it.

Next is "regens" - What's the best way to find it? 

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Welcome Tharani.

1. An injury every game? How many games are we talking about here? If it's 10+ games make sure your training isn't too intensive. Also, make sure you don't start anyone under 90%. Check their fitness levels during game and sub the tired ones out. If it's less than 10 games and you applied all the above you may have run into an unlucky spell.

2. I never look at morale, but I do make sure they aren't consistently tired/overplayed and have a contract they deserve (compared with the rest of the squad). You might wanna swipe right and check what their beef is in red.

3. Coaches, obviously try getting gold badges either by hiring or taking exams. The combo looks fine just depends on your style of management. Scouts, I never use 'em. Physios, these can't be "upgraded" so I recommend getting gold ones if possible or silver at least. My combo is usually Prevention 2 Rehab 1. Unless the reverse is already at the club in which case I don't bother changing it.

Hope it's useful.

You said that you never used scouts - how did you build your youth team? Were you successful without using scouts ever? 

1 hour ago, Tharani said:

You said that you never used scouts - how did you build your youth team? Were you successful without using scouts ever? 

Scouts on this game are terrible, they take too many things into account which clouds their judgement massively, the amount of times I've signed a 2.5 star PA player who turned into a 5 star PA within a couple months is ridiculous! Best advice I can give.. You're the manager, trust your judgement and no one else's, it's worth looking at scout reports to see if they're consistent, very rarely injured and their set piece prowess, everything else is best off left to you pal ??

18 hours ago, Tharani said:

Well, thanks for that. From your response, I notice you mentioned about training. I actually follow FMM default training module and is that okay? Or if any advanced/best training regimes available, can you share me the link? 

And next thing is player interaction: I thought it will have positive impact on player ultimately on team. So I decided to interact with players on monthly basis based on their last month's performance but I noticed few players took it positvely and reacted well while others didn't react good. So, how often should I do this player interaction and I want someone to explain clearly about interactions like when to do it and which one to do it.

Next is "regens" - What's the best way to find it? 

For training regimes, look at the post above by @BatiGoal. It's a good guide for intensive training, though I personally find that I can make it more intense without my (non-injury prone) players getting injured. I do usually keep the "fitness" regime as some sort of light training for the injury prone and players who complain about training intensity.

Player interactions is something you should explore with yourself. Some players will always react positively to both public and private interactions (though often 1 more strongly than the other), some players will only react positively to one and some just don't react positively at all. Each player is different, so experiment with it. I generally find going private interaction for a player you are unsure with a better move.

Regens can easily be found at the start of every season, where the players who retired the previous season will pop up with new names. Regens of players of most nationalities will pop up in their native country. The regens of the nationalities of leagues you loaded will will pop up from the youth academies of clubs in that nation of the first day, some go into the senior team and others released as free agents. 

18 hours ago, Tharani said:

I run scouts on assignments only as a form of picking up players from more obscure nations and sometimes to see if any players slipped through my own judgement. Eastern Europe and South America usually is where I send them, while I manually do most of my own search of the 4 loaded leagues, much of Western Europe and Asia, only dropping scouts there infrequently to see if I missed some talent (which is almost never).

Generally even if a player pops up in the scout reports, I've usually already taken note of them and decided not to sign them or they are not good enough. Even if a player is brought up which I've never seen, I'll still use my personal judgement on their attributes rather than listening to my scouts about how much potential he has.

On 7/15/2017 at 18:09, BatiGoal said:

How To Find Regens

Try this. A great guide by @Rami

21 hours ago, Meow said:

Regens can easily be found at the start of every season, where the players who retired the previous season will pop up with new names. Regens of players of most nationalities will pop up in their native country. The regens of the nationalities of leagues you loaded will will pop up from the youth academies of clubs in that nation of the first day, some go into the senior team and others released as free agents. 

You guys are saying, once a very good player retires, Regens will come up. But how to know whether the player has retired? I mean, if any good player has retired, it'll come in news feed or you gotta search and find? 

On 7/15/2017 at 18:12, BatiGoal said:

Training Guide

Try this. A great guide by @Dar J

1. Is this training suited for all irrespective of tactics and formation I'm gonna play? 

2. What about training schedule for each and every player? I know for few positions :

Centerback, Defensive mid(BWM) & Full back - Defensive 

Striker, AP & IF - Attack

GK - Goalkeeper.

What about remaining positions like  DLP, CM, BTB, Winger?

3. I have put injury prone players in Fitness training - Am I correct doing that? 

4. In training regime, what is Technical schedule and to which player I should give this training? 

22 hours ago, Meow said:

Player interactions is something you should explore with yourself. Some players will always react positively to both public and private interactions (though often 1 more strongly than the other), some players will only react positively to one and some just don't react positively at all. Each player is different, so experiment with it. I generally find going private interaction for a player you are unsure with a better move.

How often we should interact with players (though he performs very good in all matches)? Because Too much interaction will make the player's attitude worse. 

1. Is this training suited for all irrespective of tactics and formation I'm gonna play?

Yes. The only difference I would make is between divisions as top players at clubs with great facilites can handle Intensive Training (IT) whereas lower division players can not.

2. What about training schedule for each and every player? remaining positions like  DLP, CM, BTB, Winger?

DLP, CM, BBM - General and Winger - Attacking

However, in certain formations my BBM spends a lot more time on opponent's half than mine, so I opt for Attacking schedule. At other times I'm using my 'natural' CM as an 'accomplished' IF or even a 'competitive' CD, so you can "move" players depending on their position within the team.

3. I have put injury prone players in Fitness training - Am I correct doing that? 

No. 'Injury prone' simply means higher tendency to pick up an injury compared with your regular player. What you can do is put them on an individual (lighter) training but more importantly sub them off as soon as their condition levels hit below 80%. The injury risk at that point is just too high for these players in particular.

4. In training regime, what is Technical schedule and to which player I should give this training? 

This is an "Individual" training. You can place players here who are unhappy about their current regime to fit their needs. You can also use this for specific players such as WM who's lacking decent numbers in his defensive/attacking attributes and need to strengthen a specific area. Or players who return from longterm injuries and need to work on physycal attr, Fitness schedule.

23 hours ago, Tharani said:

But how to know whether the player has retired? I mean, if any good player has retired, it'll come in news feed or you gotta search and find? 

Search and not find rather :)

Thanks all for your suggestions. I got some ideas to go ahead.

What about contract renewal? I know, when player's contract is gonna expire within 1 year or less we should renew.

But in real life, if player's performance is good, board offers him new contract. What about in FMM? On what basis we should do it?

40 minutes ago, Tharani said:

Thanks all for your suggestions. I got some ideas to go ahead.

What about contract renewal? I know, when player's contract is gonna expire within 1 year or less we should renew.

But in real life, if player's performance is good, board offers him new contract. What about in FMM? On what basis we should do it?

In most cases I wait till his final contract year and renew. Unless he's earning considerably less compared with the rest of the squad, in which case I give him what I think he deserves based on his performance.

2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

In most cases I wait till his final contract year and renew. Unless he's earning considerably less compared with the rest of the squad, in which case I give him what I think he deserves based on his performance.

Thanks @BatiGoal You have been lot of help to me. 

On 7/18/2017 at 18:52, BatiGoal said:

You're welcome. We've all been there.

Anything else I should know to make this more spicy?

12 hours ago, Tharani said:

Anything else I should know to make this more spicy?

Feel free to ask anything else. Otherwise I suggest reading some of the older posts, guides etc. Lots of valuable info there.

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Feel free to ask anything else. Otherwise I suggest reading some of the older posts, guides etc. Lots of valuable info there.

Yeah sure, Thanks.

If you're planning on selling a player, make sure he has at least 2yr contract left, increases his value ;)

For example, a player got a bid for 30 millions, I gave him a new 5yr contract with max wage, managed to sell him for 45 :)

On 7/17/2017 at 08:35, Tharani said:

You guys are saying, once a very good player retires, Regens will come up. But how to know whether the player has retired? I mean, if any good player has retired, it'll come in news feed or you gotta search and find? 

No they don't come out in the news feed, unless they are on your short list. Usually you should know when the players approximately are retiring by their age, using your knowledge of real football players.

On 7/17/2017 at 08:50, Tharani said:

How often we should interact with players (though he performs very good in all matches)? Because Too much interaction will make the player's attitude worse. 

Personally I only go interact with them when their morale isn't "Superb" or "Very good"

On 7/15/2017 at 12:11, BatiGoal said:

An injury every game? How many games are we talking about here? If it's 10+ games make sure your training isn't too intensive. Also, make sure you don't start anyone under 90%. Check their fitness levels during game and sub the tired ones out. If it's less than 10 games and you applied all the above you may have run into an unlucky spell.

Turns out it's an unlucky spell. It's either a draw or an injury. I'd take a "lose" easily but not a "Draw". Thinking of starting a new save. I need suggestions for my next club - I'm looking at EPL or Championship and not less than that and I want to start in England and then move all around the world.

8 hours ago, Tharani said:

Turns out it's an unlucky spell. It's either a draw or an injury. I'd take a "lose" easily but not a "Draw". Thinking of starting a new save. I need suggestions for my next club - I'm looking at EPL or Championship and not less than that and I want to start in England and then move all around the world.

There's a few challenges you could try. One of my personal all-time favorites is one I did two years ago, 800 Goals Around The World. You need to score 200 goals in each of the 4 countries. Or do a shortened version, 100 gls in each country. It's much more fun playing careers when it's based around an objective/challenge. Hope you find something that is of interest to you.

2 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

There's a few challenges you could try. One of my personal all-time favorites is one I did two years ago, 800 Goals Around The World. You need to score 200 goals in each of the 4 countries. Or do a shortened version, 100 gls in each country. It's much more fun playing careers when it's based around an objective/challenge. Hope you find something that is of interest to you.

Got a link? Or can you remember if there are any leagues you need to load? Or is it just personal preference? Sorry for the 21 questions ? Just want to sink my teeth into a new challenge and I forgot about that particular one

2 hours ago, Brenty92 said:

Got a link? Or can you remember if there are any leagues you need to load? Or is it just personal preference? Sorry for the 21 questions ? Just want to sink my teeth into a new challenge and I forgot about that particular one

Around The World In 800 Goals

Great but very tough challenge. Obviously Brazilian league is no longer in the game so you'll have to go with Australia instead. That is if you want to play according to the original rules. You could play by your own if you want. In my career I played Brazil->Spain->England->Holland and I capped it off getting 1000 goals :)