Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help How to get a player to reach there full PA?

Hello to all, new member here.

question to all as the title says, how do I get young players to reach their maximum potential? 

Im in 2022 on my current save, been doing really well, just won 3rd PL on the bounce. Problem I have had over and over again tho is that any 5 star PA player I started with or buy never reaches 5 star CA. This has happened in all my previous saves as well.

ronaldo vieira started the game 5 star PA and has ended up only 3 star CA now aged 23. He's been in the first team from the start and still is now, has decent stats but should have been better???

i signed Leo da silva-lopes in 1st season and he had 5 star PA, he's also been in the first team the whole time but only reached 3.5 star CA.

looking at them 2 I thought maybe they played too many games? Can this curb a young players progress?

I bought a 16 year old regen called lee willmott who had 5 star PA. Sent him out on season long loans 4 years in a row, his stats got better and better and his PA stayed at 5. Start of the current season which I am about to finish his stats were better than the players I had in the first team so I called him up, now 20 years old, 3 star CA. I have rotated him so he has only played every other game, 26 in total, his performances have been excellent but now at the end of the season his stats have not improved at all, his CA has stayed at 3 and his PA has gone down to 4.

Would he have carried on improving if he'd stayed out on loan?

Training wise I've had him on medium for everything apart from intensive defensive and goalkeeping to none. He is a CDM/MC with recommended role DLP, but I play him in CDM position with CM role, would this effect his progress???

would it effect his progress the fact that I don't have a youth coach???

I am planning to sign another 16 year old with 5 star PA in the next window and loan him out over and over until his CA matches his PA and see if he reaches 5, but this will take at least 5 or 6 seasons, maybe longer, which will take me ages, takes me weeks just to complete 1 season.

So anyway, has anybody been able to get the best out of a players potential? And how?

Apologies for rabbiting on a bit.

Welcome. It's a bit of an odd one tbh. Wish I had answers for you but I don't.

I hardly ever pick a youth coach in my staff unless he's already there and I'm planning to play youngsters. As for sending out on loan, smart choice if they aren't guaranteed 20-25 games a season so loaning out is better for those youngsters.

But when I do give talented youngsters 30+ games a season they almost all reach their full potential when they're of course performing well in their prefered spot. Really can't think of anything top of my head as everything you're doing makes perfect sense. Maybe someone else got an idea.

Another thing.. if they're performing well I don't really care what and how many stars they're given. Maybe the ass.man just confused :) anyway, I don't often look at their ratings anyway so if they play well I'll take any star.

You're pretty much saying the game is not that sophisticated? But how would I be able to know which young players to sign without these 'arbitrary' stars that mean nothing? All 16 year olds have terrible stats so without the stars how else do you know which ones have potential or not?

I might be wrong, but I've always thought that if a players CA matches his PA, then he has no further room for improvement, he will not get any better, or at least not massively. So I never think, 'Willmotts playing good, he's a good player', I think how much better could he have been? That's with young players anyway, older players obviously different. I want these young players to end up the elite world class players not just good players. 

anyways, last night I upgraded the training facilities to state of the art and immediately noticed an increase in stats for every player in the squad, so 'on paper' they all improved over night ?. I also noticed willmotts PA star went up to 4.5. So the facilities at your club have some effect I now know.

I also have a player called Coleman who is 18 now, he spent 2 seasons out on loan and then played in my first team last season and the same happened, his PA went down over the season until I upgraded the facilities and his PA went straight back up to 5 star. For the new season I've sent him out on loan again to Everton in the championship, he should play every game. At the end of the season I will compare him and willmott (he's playing in my team still) and see if either has improved or stayed the same, I have a feeling loaning players out is the best way to go but I will see. 

I think going by star ratings gives us just a "general" idea of what players are capable of given the right circumstances, such as club, facilities, training regime, coaches, game time etc.. but I wouldn't take it black and white. Try assigning different ass.managers for example (general, youth, attacking etc..) and have a look at the coach reports. You'll notice different CA/PAs almost everytime. So I just take it for what it is.

Same for attributes btw. There are players like Ze Gomes who don't have gorgeous greens like other forwards but he's one of the best strikers in the game. So imo stars and attr. numbers do tell us something but performances on the pitch is top of my list.

ooooooo so as the team has improved every season there star levels might gradually decrease due to the comparison to the better players in the squad? makes sense.

according to that then the 18 year old cb I have that is still 5 star PA could really become world class