Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Best bargains?

After endless offers and searches I do struggle to find good players at a decent price however it does happen! I managed to pick Jordan Pickford up for just £625k 3 years into the game. I know he's not exactly world class but certainly does the job and can't go wrong with that price! What's your best bargains? 

Quite a few. My latest was Tasos Karamanos a.k.a David :) price tag 10K which is pretty good for a decent striker. Got him on a p/ex but I'm sure he won't cost you over 50-60K. Got 33 goals out of him playing in La Liga with Deportivo.

The best bargain best imo are free transfers. Be it players who refused to sign new contracts or youth academy rejects from other clubs. There are also players who were never world class good, but cheap for the price I got him for and certainly a hefty fee received for him when he left us.

My best bargain was not even really planned. I took a youth academy reject from Monaco who was released on a free. I loaned him out one season, he played pretty average. But he came back with triple 20 physicals, up from the 19,14,14 he had when he went on loan. Surprised by his growth, I tried him out playing him as a centre mid in the advanced playmaker, 3 goals 14 assists in 34 games. Impressive, but I noticed his goals were usually against big clubs and absolute stunners from long range, though he had a shooting of 8. I was told long shots was a hidden stat separate from shooting, so I retrained him as a left inside forward. He now contributes to 50-60 goals every season.

Next was Matija Nastasic and Jannik Vestergaard, brought them in free on a pre-contract from Schalke and Borussia Mönchengladbach respectively, the same season. There's probably a whole ton of players I brought on a free contract, but I remember these 2 particularly fondly because they won header after header and intercepted so many passes with their pace and strength. They were very similar, triple 20 physicals, good aerial, good tackling, though Nastasic was more well-rounded and Vestergaard just had attributes in the key centre back areas. I never felt so confident in my defense in FMM before, and it was from 2 amazing free transfers. They did leave for long fantastic spells in Chelsea and Lyon respectively in their 30s, playing solidly till their late 30s. Nastasic returned to us as a coach and Vestergaard retired.

Another was probably buying Josip Brekalo for 7m, selling him for 53m to Man City. He played an unremarkable 6 season for Man City as a first team before moving to Jiangsu Suning for 55m at 26. He played well for them for 2 years, but due to the reputation of the club (in FMM at least), he was unhappy and I stole him back for 875k. Didn't even play him, immediately turned round and offloaded him to Real Madrid for 84m.

@Meow agree on the free transfers of course but it differs per season per career. One needs to be lucky to get them on a free whereas bargains are pretty much always there for the picking, well if one can find them that is.

6 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

@Meow agree on the free transfers of course but it differs per season per career. One needs to be lucky to get them on a free whereas bargains are pretty much always there for the picking, well if one can find them that is.

Well, honestly so many good players in so many clubs, there are at least bound to be quite a few players refusing to sign new contracts for the picking. Not to mention that so many academy players are released on a free every year, there will be a few gems to find in every save.

Check out Roland Sallai, AMRLC can pick him up for no more than 275/300k at the start of every game, great advanced playmaker for lesser prem teams or lower imo 

I picked up a young Bulgarian regen (not Berbatov) for 50k and so far he's contributed 13 goals and 7 assists in 17 starts in the English Championship.

Another player I always buy when I start as a League 1 or 2 club is Shaun Pearson from Grimsby. You can pick him up for around 50-70k, and even though he's a League 2 player he posts 7.3 ratings in the Championship, and 7/7.1 ratings in the Prem, making him a useful, consistent backup that never complains.