Jump to content
FMM Vibe
Tom476

Help Record signing does not perform!

Recommended Posts

So I decided to sign one of my wingers since I couldn't really turn down an £80M offer for him and to be honest he wasn't worth that at all for my team. So this was the perfect chance to get a few quality players in to improve my team on all areas but I did decide to cough up £40M for a new winger, 22 year old Daniel Podence from Sporting, over priced maybe but he had the potential and stats were very solid but he has not done very well at all for my team and considering the price I'd expect a few goals and assists. Is there anything i can do to improve him? 

IMG_1936.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the formation and player roles, strikers in particular. And a screenshot of Podence's attributes would be helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We haven't even seen the player's stats. What are we supposed to say? From what I see, seems like you just paid for a really bad winger with a 6.70 average rating (the 7.50 was just an average of 2 games after all)

Do show us his stats, positions and anything other information you think might be relevant, such as the formation you play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very decent player. Good pace and technique, but 2 gls and 7 assists in two seasons is way below par for this guy.

I'm pretty sure the problem isn't him but your tactics. Is it balanced enough (player roles)? Is your striker good enough to convert Podence's assists? Does your team create enough chances in general each game? Is Podence the only underperforming player in your starting 11?

Lots to consider. Maybe try him in a formation that you're more familiar with and worked well for you in previous careers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I don't think he's very suited as a winger, can we see his traits as an inside forward?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Strikers are all very prolific and sometimes I may even play a 4-2-2-2 wide and put him on the left instead of right but still doesn't make a difference. I may consider selling him at the end of the season or just give him some more time because for that kind of money I need consistentcy

Here is my main stiker and as asked, podence's traits as an inside forward.

IMG_1939.PNG

IMG_1940.PNG

IMG_1941.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your striker can't do much with crosses from the flanks with such poor aerial and strength. Put a worldclass winger in Podence's place and you'll generate the same results. 

Two options. Play Podence as an IF (left flank) or pick a striker who's got decent aerial/strength numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Meow said:

Honestly I don't think he's very suited as a winger,

What makes you say that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What would you class as decent Ariel/strength? I've got 2 strikers with 13 and 14 in both areas is that good enough?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

What makes you say that?

Attributes aside, his role traits. It doesn't make him a bad winger, but I doubt he'll be the 40m world beater the OP expects of him. Also I'm not sure, but does creativity affect assist rate of wingers?

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Your striker can't do much with crosses from the flanks with such poor aerial and strength. Put a worldclass winger in Podence's place and you'll generate the same results. 

Two options. Play Podence as an IF (left flank) or pick a striker who's got decent aerial/strength numbers.

You are probably right about his striker. Podence probably would play better as a left inside forward.

1 hour ago, Tom476 said:

I may even play a 4-2-2-2 wide and put him on the left instead of right but still doesn't make a difference. I may consider selling him at the end of the season or just give him some more time because for that kind of money I need consistentcy

You put him out left as an inside forward and it didn't work? Make sure you aren't putting him out left as a winger as he is right footed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tom476 said:

What would you class as decent Ariel/strength? I've got 2 strikers with 13 and 14 in both areas is that good enough?

Yes, decent would be high blues at least. 13-14 should work. Regular gametime could bump it up to green numbers.

 

2 hours ago, Meow said:

Attributes aside, his role traits. It doesn't make him a bad winger, but I doubt he'll be the 40m world beater the OP expects of him. Also I'm not sure, but does creativity affect assist rate of wingers?

Agree re his traits, a single green isn't great. 

I think I know where part of the problem lies; price vs expectancy level. I understand the OP paid 40M but imo that doesn't make him a 40M player. That's how I choose to interpret players tho, but others may disagree. For me, Podence is still a below 20M player and for that I think he looks his attributes. 

It can be misleading imo if we go by paid price. If and when he starts performing well consistently he may become that 40M player the OP wants him to be. 

As for Creativity for wingers, it can't hurt I suppose, but I never look for this attr when picking Wingers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an update for you all, I have decided to sign Nathan redmond because podence's performances did not improve no matter how much I tried and finished the season with just 2 goals and 4 assists in 31 games... 

Redmond however has scored 1 goal and assisted 5 in his first 4 games so things are looking good in that area of the pitch finally! £12.5M was a fair price also. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Tom476 said:

Just an update for you all, I have decided to sign Nathan redmond because podence's performances did not improve no matter how much I tried and finished the season with just 2 goals and 4 assists in 31 games... 

Redmond however has scored 1 goal and assisted 5 in his first 4 games so things are looking good in that area of the pitch finally! £12.5M was a fair price also. 

Maybe Podence has a hidden stat, something like low consistency. It's a shame though but plenty of big money signings don't live up the the hype

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Callum Lummy Giles said:

Maybe Podence has a hidden stat, something like low consistency. It's a shame though but plenty of big money signings don't live up the the hype

Yeah I completely agree, its not often a mid table Italian side have £80M in the bank so it was a shame to waste half of it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tom476 said:

Yeah I completely agree, its not often a mid table Italian side have £80M in the bank so it was a shame to waste half of it 

Did you sell him on to make your money back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Callum Lummy Giles said:

Did you sell him on to make your money back?

Had an offer for £31.5M which I rejected he's probably only worth that but I did want to atleast get my money back or make a small profit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tom476 said:

Had an offer for £31.5M which I rejected he's probably only worth that but I did want to atleast get my money back or make a small profit. 

Fair enough, but you'll probably need to get him performing well for half a season before someone offers you that much, best of luck mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tom476 said:

Just an update for you all, I have decided to sign Nathan redmond because podence's performances did not improve no matter how much I tried and finished the season with just 2 goals and 4 assists in 31 games... 

Redmond however has scored 1 goal and assisted 5 in his first 4 games so things are looking good in that area of the pitch finally! £12.5M was a fair price also. 

Identical formation and match settings? Curious to know his stats at the end of the season.

Unfortunately there are those underperforming players no matter what you do. Coutinho is one of them, never actually tried him myself but people haven't been able to make him shine on a worldstage. For me it's Phil Jones. Just too "hit and miss" with this guy. Lesser extent Renato Sanches, good player but not worth the massive bucks I paid for him.

Anyway, goodluck with Redmond. Paying 12.5M three seasons in the game is a bargain I'd say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mate try this maybe he can perform 

4-2-2--2 Wide 

4 (Wb,Bpd,Bpd,WB)

2(Cm,Cm)

2(If,If (Keep their preferred foot in mind))

2(Pcr(Right) , CF(Left))

Instructions 

Attack

Mix

Mix 

Short(for Bpd)/mix (for CD)

No

Refinements - None

It worked for me when i used to play with O.Lyon 

 

There was one little thing that i did 

I kept my defenders as CD before game & right at start changed them to BPD .At half time i revert their role back to CD & Change two CM to APM. Rest remain same.

Screenshot_2017-07-17-16-19-27-744_com.sigames.fmm2017.thumb.png.7a7eaf8275ece05124f98cbcc7dd7afd.pngScreenshot_2017-07-17-16-19-37-881_com.sigames.fmm2017.thumb.png.71db8954f3ba7f0b9377c940283e5e0b.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jeroenvk94 said:

I have this a lot of time, where record signings don't perform. Like with Coman at Arsenal.

Yes, had the same happen to me with Coman, stats are all there just does not perform.

added 0 minutes later
2 hours ago, Nick11 said:

Mate try this maybe he can perform 

4-2-2--2 Wide 

4 (Wb,Bpd,Bpd,WB)

2(Cm,Cm)

2(If,If (Keep their preferred foot in mind))

2(Pcr(Right) , CF(Left))

Instructions 

Attack

Mix

Mix 

Short(for Bpd)/mix (for CD)

No

Refinements - None

It worked for me when i used to play with O.Lyon 

 

There was one little thing that i did 

I kept my defenders as CD before game & right at start changed them to BPD .At half time i revert their role back to CD & Change two CM to APM. Rest remain same.

Screenshot_2017-07-17-16-19-27-744_com.sigames.fmm2017.thumb.png.7a7eaf8275ece05124f98cbcc7dd7afd.pngScreenshot_2017-07-17-16-19-37-881_com.sigames.fmm2017.thumb.png.71db8954f3ba7f0b9377c940283e5e0b.png

 

Interesting, will give it a go cheers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tom476 said:

Yes, had the same happen to me with Coman, stats are all there just does not perform.

added 0 minutes later

Interesting, will give it a go cheers 

Do post the results☺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nick11 said:

Do post the results☺

Well the first game didn't go to plan.. Podence didn't appear in any of the chances so I'm not entirely convinced with the tactic however it is only 1 game I suppose

IMG_1947.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Identical formation and match settings? Curious to know his stats at the end of the season.

Unfortunately there are those underperforming players no matter what you do. Coutinho is one of them, never actually tried him myself but people haven't been able to make him shine on a worldstage. For me it's Phil Jones. Just too "hit and miss" with this guy. Lesser extent Renato Sanches, good player but not worth the massive bucks I paid for him.

Anyway, goodluck with Redmond. Paying 12.5M three seasons in the game is a bargain I'd say.

Do you not remember 'the magician' in my no national physio career? He bossed it tbh lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tom476 said:

Well the first game didn't go to plan.. Podence didn't appear in any of the chances so I'm not entirely convinced with the tactic however it is only 1 game I suppose

IMG_1947.PNG

Need some time .

Did you play CB as BPD or CD ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just over half way through the season and Redmond is much the better player. Podence will be sold at the end of this season as he only has the 4 goals and 2 assists 

IMG_1951.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×