Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The International 1KC

The International 1KC

What? Surely that isn't possible? Surely, I'm talking rubbish and losing the plot a little bit? Well, no, I'm not. This is a new idea I've had which I hope will make International Management that bit more exciting. 

I've mixed together a few ideas from a few challenges, mainly the 1KC as it's the baseline of the challenge. Basically, the main objective of this challenge is to score 1000 goals with a player/players, but with an International team. 

IMG_8266.thumb.JPG.0dd2f86bbc7102ec0321001268e384b4.JPG

So, what's the big idea with this? Here is the baseline idea for the International 1KC. 

For this challenge, you have the full 30 years with your chosen international team. However, as a single player will not score 1000 for his Nation, I have come up with a unique way of playing this. Here it is:

The way I have blended this is quite simple when you think about it. For the International 1KC, you must change your main striker for each tournament. You must pick this striker before the first qualification game, and he is allowed to play the qualifiers and the actual tournament. You must then record the Strikers total and dispense of him accordingly. After that, its rinse and repeat until you hit the magical 1K mark. 

Regarding Frendlies

I understand your main source of goals could be freindlies, so here is what I came up with for them: Your current striker plays all friendlies that occur before the end of the main tournament. After the tournament, you pick a new striker.

Rules:

- Start as any International Team

- Pick a striker to play all of a competitions fixtures (Qualifiers, Actual Competition) This striker can also play friendlies that occur before the end of the main competition. 

- Switch striker after every tournament. 

- No reloading, editors or any cheating

- I suggest posting a career thread for us to follow. 

- Full 30 Years

I could well have a go at this, what do you all think though? Thanks for reading!

That would be an average of 33-34 goals per season. Not at all an easy task since not every season brings a tournament. I like it!

Just to be clear, in some cases qualifying games overlap. Such as was the case when I managed Nigeria. Qfiers for WC and AFCON and another tournament at some point I didn't know what game I was playing. 

So I take it we don't need to differentiate between qualifiers. Just from tournament to tournament? Season to season? Or calendar year? All work for me.

Hope to see someone have a crack at this. Good challenge!

24 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

That would be an average of 33-34 goals per season. Not at all an easy task since not every season brings a tournament. I like it!

Just to be clear, in some cases qualifying games overlap. Such as was the case when I managed Nigeria. Qfiers for WC and AFCON and another tournament at some point I didn't know what game I was playing. 

So I take it we don't need to differentiate between qualifiers. Just from tournament to tournament? Season to season? Or calendar year? All work for me.

Hope to see someone have a crack at this. Good challenge!

Not an easy task indeed, I'm having a go and it's tough! 

That is something that popped into my head actually. My suggestion would be to have both Strikers in the squad. 

Id say a specific striker for each tournament. 

Could see my attempt soon :D

As if the original 1KC isn't hard enough.... I look forward to the future careers this challenge may bring tho!

Far too many things out of your control which could make or break the career also

3 hours ago, Brenty92 said:

Very interesting challenge again buddy, a tough one to complete though!

Thanks mate :D Tough indeed, what fun would it be if it was easy though? 

1 hour ago, Talisman said:

As if the original 1KC isn't hard enough.... I look forward to the future careers this challenge may bring tho!

Far too many things out of your control which could make or break the career also

Thanks. Hope a few get on board with this, bring the National element forward. 

Very true, good management and keeping your Strikers fit will be key. 

Cheers lads!

1 hour ago, Taff said:

Great concept dude, like this one a lot

Might give it a go to run alongside my other 1K, maybe do a season in each

Cheers Taff, wanted to explore International Management a bit more and I though this is the way to do it. 

Would definately follow that, hope I see an attempt soon ;)

1 hour ago, Jeroenvk94 said:

Too many good challenges. After the Best league in the world I'll give this a shot!

Cheers! Looking forward to it dude. 

9 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

Cheers Taff, wanted to explore International Management a bit more and I though this is the way to do it. 

Would definately follow that, hope I see an attempt soon ;)

Cheers! Looking forward to it dude. 

Just started one with France, so I'll get the first player out of the way and then post an update

Just now, Taff said:

Just started one with France, so I'll get the first player out of the way and then post an update

Awesome, looking forward to the competition :P

Great idea, I like it a lot. Shame ITN is a side feature and not an actual game mode as if it was fully fleshed out this would be on my radar for sure. (Tbh even being able to holiday to squad selection or being able to say this lad is always called up so you can holiday to matches would improve it). 

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

Great idea, I like it a lot. Shame ITN is a side feature and not an actual game mode as if it was fully fleshed out this would be on my radar for sure. (Tbh even being able to holiday to squad selection or being able to say this lad is always called up so you can holiday to matches would improve it). 

Aaaannnddd he's back! How was your holiday mate?

Glad you like it, it's a tough one for sure. I might write an article addressing the ITN side of the game soon, different to the one I wrote the other day though.