Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career The rise of Manchester...F.C.

I'm back after an extended break! My next challenge is a simple one, pull a vanarama North league team up to the prem. But this isn't just any team, this is

F.C United of Manchester

IMG_2047.PNG.e44df62f5c1667defd917ebf704a201e.PNG

This club was founded in 2005 by angry Manchester United supporters, and has just recently worked their way up to the VL north. They are one of the weaker sides in the vanarama league north, but have potential. 

My short term goals are

• Achieve promotion to league two within 4 years
  • Upgrade both of my facilities to average in 4 years

My medium term goals are

• Reach the championship league within 10 years
  • Qualify for round 4 of the FA Cup within 8 years
  • Have impressive or better facilities within 8 years

My long term goals are

• Reach the premier league 
  • Finish above both Manchester United and Manchester City
  • Sweep both teams in league play

Wish me luck!

Season one

I start with a relatively old, weak team. After a few transfers, here's how the team stacks up to beIMG_2046.thumb.PNG.0da27cb9cea6fa6b1e267f2a6a9ebba5.PNG

The transfers made are as follows IMG_2048.thumb.PNG.bdb8aa462670e0759257d0fcd65ad522.PNGIMG_2049.thumb.PNG.7379cc7306dd4c4073686d5d37f23c5e.PNG

My goal for this season is to qualify for the playoffs in the VL North, I'll keep you guys updated. (By the way I'm sorry for accidentally posting this in chat, I just noticed)

You can still change the tag from Chat to Career. Edit OP - click the 'cog' next to OP title.

Looking very much forward to see FC Utd surpass its two big brothers. Goodluck!

IMG_2053.PNGMidway point of season one. Very respectable position, just really want those goals to go up. I'm fine with 4th position though. IMG_2054.thumb.PNG.1b5d4f77f742cfa2b0d68e3f63abaa59.PNG

Still in both competitions, very strong showing by me I would say. However, I pulled Oldham, a league one team, in the third round of the FA cup. Tough game, not expecting much. Playing well overall, hoping I'm going to achieve promotion, will get back to you. Mason out

End of season one

Lets see how well we did, shall we?IMG_2055.thumb.PNG.a2498f11fcd2ad14f11f25f0b9451efe.PNGSnuck my way into the promotional playoffs, barely but I did! Strong showing by a team expected to finish mid table. Let's see how I fared in the playoffs. IMG_2056.thumb.PNG.3b4e3ec3b031781d28051cfb5f9b8d5f.PNGNot a great first leg, but there's always another leg. Could I do it???

IMG_2057.thumb.PNG.284804f85bdabc6d11ebe2d127c0ae5c.PNGI could not. A true heartbreaker in extra time. Always next season. Fortunately, however, we did reach league success. IMG_2059.thumb.PNG.c91bb259542b14b2d0dc1af69bb44bf9.PNGA very good showing! Proud of us. And to make it betterIMG_2058.thumb.PNG.530ed3d1404f4d705bb3ab1345009ffb.PNGAll in all, a strong first season. Can't wait for the next season!

Kidderminster are doing just fine without me :)

Bummer you failed to seal promotion but you're definitely one of the favorites next season. Good FA Trophy win!

Season Two

My goal for this season is to achieve promotion, and I'm not afraid to spend money to achieve it. Unfortunately, the board wasn't too keen on giving me a cash influx, and it's hard to attract players to the vanarama league north, so this would prove to be tough. IMG_2065.thumb.PNG.0986a466d7fda0e1b74d6a23c3012d53.PNGSome of my free transfer signings were players cut from Big club teams academies, such as atlético Madrid and A.C. Milan. Sho-Silva is a physically gifted striker who could help in my tacticIMG_2066.thumb.PNG.108741f1a2b432c84d5f461717af9e2d.PNGI mostly got rid of dead weight, and I dumped off Chantler as I was about to lose him on Bosman anyways. The team is young, hungry, and primed for success this year!

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Kidderminster are doing just fine without me :)

Bummer you failed to seal promotion but you're definitely one of the favorites next season. Good FA Trophy win!

So far in the season, I'm 5-0-0. I'm looking like a lock for promotion. And kidderminster are getting by without you just fine

IMG_2068.thumb.PNG.395654468c7bb8b02819fc7283ec6e68.PNGI got offered the Cameroonian job without even applying, what is up with them? Regardless, I'm taking it, as it gives me access to more young African talents

The Cameroon job is definitely a great choice pal, @BatiGoal found out that when you manage an African nation they gain more regens each year than they would if you didn't take the job, get yourself an African team of regens to sell on in a couple years before brexit ??Great season bud, unfortunate on the playoffs but it just wasn't to be! Looking good for this season though KIU

3 hours ago, Brenty92 said:

The Cameroon job is definitely a great choice pal, @BatiGoal found out that when you manage an African nation they gain more regens each year than they would if you didn't take the job, get yourself an African team of regens to sell on in a couple years before brexit ??Great season bud, unfortunate on the playoffs but it just wasn't to be! Looking good for this season though KIU

Yeah I noticed that too, I got the Cameroonian job on my Ireland career before. They always produce top notch regents with amazing physical attributes 

Season two update

Halfway through season two, lets check on the boys!

Spoiler

IMG_2072.thumb.PNG.c345d66a0d5084f2c128fda5c9dc9704.PNG

Very good if I do say so myself, an impressive goal difference and healthy 7 point lead slightly under halfway through the season should serve us well in our quest for promotion. As for the FA Cup, how did we do there? We pulled a tough drawing against league two side Crewe, could we pull off the upset?  

Spoiler

IMG_2070.thumb.PNG.c924681a709fc9f854563fb33a534b02.PNG

Simply put....no

All in all, quite successful this year, lets check on our star defender, Lee ChambersIMG_2073.thumb.PNG.42291a4dbd0c99bfcc7c24c28ef2d660.PNGAbnormally high value for a 6th tier player, shows major upside. I've had to fend off bids upwards of 500k for him! Unfortunately, however, he was set to leave after the season and refused to sign a contract without a big club release clause. The only way I could keep my defensive anchor was a big club clause. I'll keep you all posted on him, and the rest of the team! Mason out

FA Trophy update!

I got matched against former runner up Forest Green in the second round, a true early on battle. So how would the game go?

Spoiler

IMG_2076.thumb.PNG.f92f0924ff5b67b46581a31d3dfc2182.PNGA tough, hard fought battle in which we couldn't prevail. This early exit, however, allows my players to focus more on league and keep them fresher down the stretch. A tough loss, but there's always a silver lining  

End of season two

I'll keep this one brief, as it's only league play. Could I hold on for the title?

Spoiler

IMG_2077.thumb.PNG.e71fc39ff4a9695964ff30b6744ea7bf.PNGIMG_2078.thumb.PNG.9ffebf461d037caf1ef68ffecddc0f61.PNGOf course I could! An absolutely phenomenal season by the Manchester side, and a new year and new league awaits me. Mason out...or am I?

Despite all this...there is a dark cloud. Leo Chambers, my star defender, was noticed by league one side fleetwood. IMG_2079.thumb.PNG.33b4eec64c6eee3ae3971823314c9a1b.PNGI lost him for 250k, a very harsh blow to my defense. However, this won't overshadow my league victory. Mason out 

Unlucky on the FA Trophy loss but the silver lining of the league softens the blow for sure!

Bet you wish you sold him last year for 500k now lol

47 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

Unlucky on the FA Trophy loss but the silver lining of the league softens the blow for sure!

Bet you wish you sold him last year for 500k now lol

I'm still glad I held onto him, he was a key piece on my team last year, and I had no option who would play as well

Start of season 3

I've informed my board I plan on finishing mid-table, a reasonable expectation for my teams talentIMG_2082.thumb.PNG.3703f8857e73fca2d89bfec54a8494b5.PNGAs the Cameroonian manager, I fully plan on using this link to Cameroonian clubs for FC United. I also brought in Chelsea legend John terry for a final season, also giving him a role as coach. Finally, I signed more cut youth players, allowing myself to build an even stronger youth base. IMG_2083.thumb.PNG.52273144b175d81887a13898a011dbad.PNGSold off spare parts and players who don't necessarily fit in my tactic. Sho-Silva got big club released, but he never played a single game for me so I'm not upset. The season is looking bright, wish me luck! Mason out

Mid-Season 3 Update

Let's check in on the best club in Manchester, shall we?IMG_2090.thumb.PNG.01921d10a556bfe2f49a61cfb8b0faa2.PNGWow!! I would never have predicted this in the beginning of the season. We've been stringing positive result after positive result, let's see if it can keep up in the second half. 

Time to check in on the FA Cup! We pulled a favorable drawing round one in Kettering, a team just promoted to Vanarama north. After a scare with a tie in the first game, we would go on to smoke them in the replayIMG_2089.thumb.PNG.a551894bf89ed825b18bbe78d416bd35.PNGThe second round held the real challenge, Millwall. The league one side holds great power, and would be a true test for my young and rising club. Could they pull off the upset?IMG_2088.thumb.PNG.a77a2e0ad79b5a3f719be46b295bbe12.PNGA consolation goal in the final minutes made the scoreboard look better than what it actually is, but a very strong showing regardless. Fairly evenly matched, neither team dominated. I'm very proud of my boys, and hope to take home the FA Trophy and maybe even a league title! Mason out

Nice going.. but does anyone else find it ironic that a Liverpool fan is trying to put Manchester on the map? :laugh:  Isn't there a Vanarama team closer to home? :P

What tactics are you using?

36 minutes ago, veerus said:

Nice going.. but does anyone else find it ironic that a Liverpool fan is trying to put Manchester on the map? :laugh:  Isn't there a Vanarama team closer to home? :P

What tactics are you using?

Just trying to stick it to Man U and City however I can ? I posted my tactics in the tactic section if you want to look at it, I think I called it 3-4-1-2 opinions