Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mcandrew003

How To Enhance Your International Experience

Enhancing Your Experience - International Management. 

Hello Vibe and welcome to a new article from myself. After a week away from writing, I'm back talking about a feature I love bit doesn't get much interest because of its simplicity - International Management. As you may have noticed, I love this feature, and the way I play makes it a lot more interesting for myself. I'd like to share some of the ways you can play to help you all get more invested in an International Save. So, let's see what we can discover, eh?

Picking On Form

IMG_8472.thumb.PNG.196e33d98fcf69f7b7535cf7f2c141d1.PNG

Something that the real England manager should do more is pick players on Form, not Value. Of course you want your best players in the team, but if that Hull CB is outperforming your back up Chelsea CB, why not swap them around? It adds excitement as you are picking different players, and finding diamonds where you may not have looked before. If you are against a lower ranked team, picking a shining star over an underperforming regular is more rewarding, as you can see if he is good enough to surivive at International Level. 

Preliminary Squads

Dont have a screenshot for this one :laugh: Anyway, these are a great way to judge your players form and attributes before a big competition. Why not spend a few minutes going through the stats of your 24 year old RB and your 30 year old RB, and deciding who to take? This can be a great way to give youngsters a chance too, looking at their form and past performances and seeing if you have the space to take them. Picking the most valuable players is boring, change it up a bit and select a younger player who needs a pitch why don't you?

Setting Cap/Goal Targets

IMG_8473.thumb.PNG.502b57b086d2e4ac402de0f022f692c1.PNG

Adding yourself little targets throughout a career can make or break it, and it's no different in the International scene. If you see an aging player who deserves success, why not stick him on in the last 30 minutes to claim his trophy? Alternitavely, you could try and take a player to 100 caps, or 100 goals if the oppertunity arises. Even if you see a young player and think 'he's my new captain, let's get him a trophy!' That's still a target which can keep you entertained. Setting yourself small targets which can give you a new experience is a great way to keep a long term save fresh. 

Raising A Smaller Nation

IMG_8474.thumb.PNG.53c8f39eeb4a263e36f9147fe7351e19.PNG

Look at Serbia, a nation with such quality players and staff so low down in the rankings. It's your job to take them to the top once more. You take control, tell the regulars to buck their ideas up and inject a young breed of player into the squad. The results come, and so does the success. This applies for any lower ranked country. Any success is appreciated by the board, but can you take an under-ranked team like Ireland, Serbia or Denmark to worldwide success? 

Only 4 things, could go on for ages but wanted to keep it shorter for you guys, hope you enjoyed and would love to hear of your International Experiences! Thanks for reading! 

I love this piece of writing. Taking some time picking the squad certainly makes the International Management more valuable. I do not only do this with international teams. I also do this wilst scouting. Brings another dimension to the game and makes it feel more 'real'

6 minutes ago, Jeroenvk94 said:

I love this piece of writing. Taking some time picking the squad certainly makes the International Management more valuable. I do not only do this with international teams. I also do this wilst scouting. Brings another dimension to the game and makes it feel more 'real'

Thanks Jeroen! Completely agree, makes it so much more 'real' and adds a new dynamic into the mix. Thanks for the comment!

Couldn't agree more with the "England Manager should pick on form" comment, as a Welshman it's hard to say as lets be fair we have a limited options, but I hate seeing the same English players picked, when you have so many to chose from, their form should come in to play, yes it's nice to have all your high earners out there, but lets be fair, what's Rooney done lately, why not give a few of the Bournemouth boys a bash see what they can do for the Lions 

58 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

Some great points here mate, let's hope we see a few more ITN careers off the back of this

Thanks mate, glad you liked it. Always loved the feature, hopefully SI improve it next year. 

5 minutes ago, Taff said:

Couldn't agree more with the "England Manager should pick on form" comment, as a Welshman it's hard to say as lets be fair we have a limited options, but I hate seeing the same English players picked, when you have so many to chose from, their form should come in to play, yes it's nice to have all your high earners out there, but lets be fair, what's Rooney done lately, why not give a few of the Bournemouth boys a bash see what they can do for the Lions 

The thing is, we have about 20 options in every position, so why he is still picking players like Rooney, Hart and the sort is unbelievable. People like Pickford, Ibe, Ward-Prowse etc.... should be being selected, no excuse. 

For Wales, yeah I suppose you have a limited pool of players, I'm sure even you would love to see a wonderkid from the local leagues make a breakthrough though. Too many managers do it, Spain are great at rotating as you see players who are on form taking positions. People like Saul, who replaced Busquets for example. Thanks for the comment mate. 

Definitely seen a rise in ITN management this year, and I've actually played three ITN careers myself, Uruguay, Holland and Nigeria. I hope this inspires a few people to start ITN management as with the right challenge it can almost be just as fun as club management. Yes, 'almost', as it isn't as complete an experience as managing clubs but it's definitely a very entertaining alternative.

Enjoyed the read!

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Definitely seen a rise in ITN management this year, and I've actually played three ITN careers myself, Uruguay, Holland and Nigeria. I hope this inspires a few people to start ITN management as with the right challenge it can almost be just as fun as club management. Yes, 'almost', as it isn't as complete an experience as managing clubs but it's definitely a very entertaining alternative.

Enjoyed the read!

I think you have been the instigator of that, you're careers have inspired people, including myself, to take up ITN management. It is a really great feature if you use it the right way, for now it's simple but let's hope we get a revamp this year. With the right imagination and goals there is no reason why it can't be as fun. 

Cheers Bati, comment is much appreciated :D

I'm actually doing quite a lot internationally in my save. I've dragged England to a win in the Euros, then moved to an under-performing Brazil (they haven't won a single thing in the course of the save, with that real life 7-1 to Germany likely haunting them). Won them the Copa America and Conferderations Cup after that, gunning for a World Cup win now. I'm intending to move to a smaller nation after winning everything there is to win internationally with Brazil.

12 hours ago, fuddledfoxFM said:

Really good take on International management. I have never considered ITN really but I might give it a go after reading this.

Thanks a lot dude. It is really fun, just need to be a bit creative to make up for the lack of depth. Cheers! 

6 hours ago, Meow said:

I'm actually doing quite a lot internationally in my save. I've dragged England to a win in the Euros, then moved to an under-performing Brazil (they haven't won a single thing in the course of the save, with that real life 7-1 to Germany likely haunting them). Won them the Copa America and Conferderations Cup after that, gunning for a World Cup win now. I'm intending to move to a smaller nation after winning everything there is to win internationally with Brazil.

That's awesome mate, is that all on the same save? Definately a career I would read if you decide to post it. 

On 22/07/2017 at 14:13, mcandrew003 said:

That's awesome mate, is that all on the same save? Definately a career I would read if you decide to post it. 

In one save yes, my long term save in FMM, of which I usually have 2 in each year.

I don't really posts careers in Vibe though, and I have not been taking a massive amounts of screenshots of this save to decide to start posting my 14 years of progress with my club and 12 years of all the national teams. Just won the World Cup over Spain in a rather exciting 2-1 final, but no international jobs are available so I'm deliberating staying with Brazil or "retiring" from international management (at least till another nation pops up).

I did say I'm waiting for a smaller nation challenge, possibly with an African nation. But I'm not closed to the idea of managing France internationally, to help my club legend Matthieu Bompard find some international form. 8 goals in 50 caps is not a tally for a man of his talents, the France manager is clearly tactically unsound.

Screenshot_2017-07-23-15-32-23.png

Screenshot_2017-07-23-15-30-08.png

@mcandrew003 Absolutely no clue. I'm not even sure if he really is a regen of some crazy good player, I picked him up on a free from Monaco's academy. He could have a pretty low PA for all I know. His initial positions and stats before training found here.

3 minutes ago, Meow said:

@mcandrew003 Absolutely no clue. I'm not even sure if he really is a regen of some crazy good player, I picked him up on a free from Monaco's academy. He could have a pretty low PA for all I know. His initial positions and stats before training found here.

Ah I remember reading that, he is pretty good for a freebie!