Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The Translator

The warm ocean water brushed up against the sands, with the children playing and sun brushing across the bungalow's which scattered the coastline. You received a message, off the club secretary of (Insert Club) telling you the news. A new manager who doesn't know the language. Nothing you haven't handled before. You stroll across the beach, thoughts racing through your head. Will you just translate? Will you get a chance for success? 

The next day, you walk through the large doors to the training complex. There he stands, suited and booted and ready to go. He gives you a warm smile, before inviting you inside his office. The meeting is an hour long, and ends in cheers as you step outside with a grin spread across your face. He offered you a compromise. If you do your job, he'll let you take the reigns for Cup games. Perfect! Maybe a translator can become a success after all. 

The Translator Challenge Part 1:

- Start at any large club (Real Madrid, Benfica, PSG etc....) 

- Pick one cup competition. You can only manage in those games for season 1. 

- You must holiday all other games apart from your cup. When your cup ends, refer to part 2 of the story, which is below.

The cup wasn't enough. You knew this, he knew this. The tensions rose every week as you achieved success in the cup, whilst he struggled to adapt to life in this heat-blessed country. He calls you into his office again, this time a sterner look on his face. "Listen" he tells you. "You are getting too big for your boots. I'm willing to let you stay, but no more management. If not, you can leave." So many emotions hit you that you are speechless. You decide to leave, you clear your office and send your CV to several clubs around Europe. As small as it is, someone will be bound to take you on. 

Translator Challenge (Rest Of Career) 

- Resign from big club after cup success. 

- Apply for lower reputation clubs. 

- Build your Profile as a translator. 

- HOWEVER! Each club you join don't see you as worthy enough to stay for a long time. You are seen as a short term replacement. You get 1 season at each club to build. 

- If you decide to rejoin a big club, you must retain the role as 'The Translator' 

What do you think guys? Little bit of a story challenge I've made, can be played as a usual career but I think if you decided to write a little story with it it would be a very enjoyable read. If you have any suggestions to make it more about the 'Translator', let me know as I understand it may have strayed away from that. Cheers!

Part 2 sounds great. Can stay at each club no longer than 1 season. Tough to achieve success in a debut season with "someone else's" squad basically. Challenging but the club-hopping makes it fun.

Part 1 is tricky as the constant holidaying will make it nearly impossible to retain the job. The AI manager is absolutely worthless and will only result in injuries and bad results. Only doable if you enable the 'unsackable' option.

I like it but Part 1 may need polishing imo.

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Part 2 sounds great. Can stay at each club no longer than 1 season. Tough to achieve success in a debut season with "someone else's" squad basically. Challenging but the club-hopping makes it fun.

Part 1 is tricky as the constant holidaying will make it nearly impossible to retain the job. The AI manager is absolutely worthless and will only result in injuries and bad results. Only doable if you enable the 'unsackable' option.

I like it but Part 1 may need polishing imo.

Thanks very much, wanted to make it quite hard but not too boring or anything. 

Yeah, that could be a problem. Can the unlockable be turned off after a few months? If so, that could be an option. 

Any suggestions on how to make it better mate?

49 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

Thanks very much, wanted to make it quite hard but not too boring or anything. 

Yeah, that could be a problem. Can the unlockable be turned off after a few months? If so, that could be an option. 

Any suggestions on how to make it better mate?

Unlockables can't be reversed during saves.

I'll give it some thought on how to improve Part 1. Unless someone gives it a shot and manages the impossible :)