Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Risheek

Romelu Lukaku vs Alvaro Morata-How Right was Jose?

Romelu Lukaku vs Alvaro Morata - How Right was Josedownload.thumb.jpg.e33711a25dfccdfce5c1c9bd41805473.jpg

In what we can regard as one of the biggest duo hijacks in world football, it is now a known fact so as to how Chelsea’s main transfer target, Romelu Lukaku made a move to the Red Devils and how Manchester United’s main transfer target, Alvaro Morata made his move to the Blues. It’s amazing isn’t it? Seems like a type of revenge, doesn’t it? So, for the members who didn’t follow this giant double move, let me give you some background information..

For the side I’m more aware of, the Red side. It’s no secret that Zlatan has been released by the Red Devils. This left a significant hole in the head of the United team, the attack. The other options for this position were the ‘too’ young, Marcus Rashford or Anthony Martial. Thus, they needed a patch-up. They could’ve looked at a striker who was 24-27 yrs old and would of course need some sort of potential higher than a very high current ability. Thus, certain players would come to mind. Jose decided on Morata.

Now, the exact opposite happened. With, Utd getting Lukaku and Chelsea getting Morata. This is where, I felt abit creative. I won’t lie now, I was quite looking forward to Morata(get it? Forward and forward. Morata is a striker and i was feeling excited about him.No?Haiz). However, with how circumstances played out i was quite disappointed. I really felt Morata was a better choice.

Well, this was due to the fact that both turning 24 yet Morata has played in both Spain and Italy, with big teams, but often as the understudy. But don’t forget, it’s the one watching that learns the most. He has also played in the UCL and bigger competitions compared to Rom. Thus, quite plainly, I wa rooting for Morata. I still do.

This is where FMM comes into play. Let’s make a hypotheses. Mine is that, Morata can do better than Lukaku. However, we won’t ever know… Or will we? Football Manager is a blessing to this world. I ran a few tests and let’s see who’s the better one!\

Comparison

59773e1eb93de_Photo25-7-1731557PM.thumb.png.35d62ea3598481c7e93c07c82a2e8d17.png 

59773ff03ef83_Photo25-7-1732635PM.thumb.png.7bef4ebde3a839fe537cc474bbea073d.png

The stats are helping my cause aren't they? Lukaku’s crossing, aerial and shooting is slightly better than Morata but his strength is a killer, with it being higher by 5 points.However, all of Morata’s other stats are higher as his dribbling, tackling, technique, pace, stamina is slightly higher and his passing, aggression, movement is obviously better! While a whole host of stats such as creativity, decisions, leadership and positioning is the exact same for both. Thus, Morata is in fact the more complete player.

Simulation

Due to the lack of IGE, SE and the fact that I’m on IOS, I was forced to start the save, buy the player and then resign. I don’t feel it should affect the end result, not to mention that the manager in both simulations was Thomas Tuchel

Lukaku

59773e56693da_Photo25-7-1732258PM.thumb.png.8b48ddba7aaf7b1aca924d9dd32fc632.png

Well, we all can obviously see some difference in his stats. Have a look at his shooting,20, yikes! The lads at Utd doing some work!

59773e7dd4dfd_Photo25-7-1732301PM.thumb.png.262f1db6aa49caea7af4438fcc7c7a73.png

This is fairly decent, nothing special(sounding biased aren’t I, but it really is) Not saying it’s bad but it’s not good either. He got about a little above half the games United played as a whole, and maybe an ideal tally could’ve been 16-18 goals. This could possibly be due to the fact that Zlatan was still present, however, even for Morata he was there. So, there’s not much reprieve for Lukaku. All in all, a decent season.

59773de827785_CompResults.thumb.png.dd64c5107684a3e83417a9af96edd737.png

59773f655871e_Photo25-7-1732330PM.thumb.png.4c7b3d8fca959fa5ddeb8b0906497972.png

This is basically how United faired with a Lukaku factor. Nothing really special right? Not winning any trophies, but we did manage to secure Champions League with a 3rd place finish ahead of 4rsenal in a 12 point lead. Also a mere 3 points off 1st place Chelsea and 2nd place City. A good season in league, I have to say

Morata

59774022efe82_Photo25-7-1733116PM.thumb.png.acfaae51e5a81eb52c7cd63c0bc657b6.png

That is some improvement that we can clearly see. The obvious improvement in dribbling, passing and shooting. Working well with Utd coaches ayee!

5977404b9a163_Photo25-7-1733120PM.thumb.png.fa95748b97063e5f1b21efb3a5bfb586.png

I’m sorry if i seem bias but this is obviously better. Yes getting more games than Luk but still better. Maybe a more ideal total could have been 25-27 goals however 22 is not bad either. Not to mention, he was getting more games with a certain Swede in the squad too. Thus, considerably doing decent too!

59773de3c4c4d_CompResults2.thumb.png.dcecb3db5e2601caf99d86e449e9fd2a.png

5977413a6de11_Photo25-7-1733158PM.thumb.png.364a55d35f1cf7e5b675c725e3111b18.png

Well, not much difference. However, he managed to make a big difference as he started off in England, helping in the Community Shield win. But, who really cares about that? The irony… almost the complete opposite of the first sim! Once again, 3 points off however this time its of 1st place and Arsenal. A better season in league, I have to say

Conclusion

Thus, with the tests, I have made a conclusion. You guys might disagree but I certainly feel that Morata is the better of the two. This is because I’ve taken his development and progress into consideration and as a whole, Alvaro Morata has come across as the better. Thus, I feel that Alvaro Morata could have been the better option and is the better player. Please comments your thoughts and any criticism in the comments section or you can PM me.

Thanks for Reading

Risheek

I enjoyed the read.

My pick is Lukaku tho. He's a proven striker in the EPL and Morata is not. Lukaku is also closer to a direct replacement for Zlatan unlike Morata. Imo if you want a player like Morata why not just go with Martial. Martial with a little more experience will be a better version of Morata. Even a potential partnership Lukaku-Martial vs Morata-Martial looks much better. But ok, I'm biased too :) Time will tell.

Cheers for running these tests.

I enjoyed the read too, but also would say that the " out with Rooney and in with Lukaku" is the United move for a long time attacking wise ⚽️

6 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

I enjoyed the read.

My pick is Lukaku tho. He's a proven striker in the EPL and Morata is not. Lukaku is also closer to a direct replacement for Zlatan unlike Morata. Imo if you want a player like Morata why not just go with Martial. Martial with a little more experience will be a better version of Morata. Even a potential partnership Lukaku-Martial vs Morata-Martial looks much better. But ok, I'm biased too :) Time will tell.

Cheers for running these tests.

6 hours ago, AndersJ said:

I enjoyed the read too, but also would say that the " out with Rooney and in with Lukaku" is the United move for a long time attacking wise ⚽️

Thanks guys! Yup, we all have our own views.