Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Tottenham Fc tactics

I started a new save with Tottenham fc and while I'm winning games I'm not scoring enough goals despite dominating

Any help will be appreciated

Screenshot_20170730-100821.png

Screenshot_20170730-100741.png

Screenshot_20170730-093901.png

Screenshot_20170730-093850.png

Screenshot_20170730-093753.png

Screenshot_20170730-093741.png

Screenshot_20170730-093715.png

Screenshot_20170730-093704.png

You're showing pictures with like a month between them. You sure this isn't just you getting frustrated over a minority of games that you don't smash your opponent, even though you somewhat deserve to?

I don't know what's wrong in particular, but having 2 AP means you might be encouraging players to shoot way more than they should. Essentially I'm saying your shots/shot on target is inflated because there are 2 players trying to shoot prematurely.

8 hours ago, Meow said:

You're showing pictures with like a month between them. You sure this isn't just you getting frustrated over a minority of games that you don't smash your opponent, even though you somewhat deserve to?

Was thinking the same thing. Looks like the odd unlucky game rather than a pattern.

8 hours ago, Meow said:

I don't know what's wrong in particular, but having 2 AP means you might be encouraging players to shoot way more than they should. Essentially I'm saying your shots/shot on target is inflated because there are 2 players trying to shoot prematurely.

This is kind of an odd one. I agree, I think.. :) I never played two APs in previous FMM series for the reasons you mentioned. Didn't make sense but I've learned to live by the following magic words: test it anyway I've done a lot of testing this year and my best and most consistent tactic is actually one consisting of 2 APs. Odd but EME likes it. Unless..I haven't found a way to make it even more efficient by turning one of them into an IF or another role. I used to try nothing that made little sense, but especially this year I'm testing every single thing that pops in my head. Just to see the engine's reaction.. mostly negative but those positives been really positive. It either falls apart badly or it works a treat.

I planned to put my tactic up this weekend for anybody out there willing to test but been a little busier than expected. Should be up some time next week tho.

14 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Was thinking the same thing. Looks like the odd unlucky game rather than a pattern.

This is kind of an odd one. I agree, I think.. :) I never played two APs in previous FMM series for the reasons you mentioned. Didn't make sense but I've learned to live by the following magic words: test it anyway I've done a lot of testing this year and my best and most consistent tactic is actually one consisting of 2 APs. Odd but EME likes it. Unless..I haven't found a way to make it even more efficient by turning one of them into an IF or another role. I used to try nothing that made little sense, but especially this year I'm testing every single thing that pops in my head. Just to see the engine's reaction.. mostly negative but those positives been really positive. It either falls apart badly or it works a treat.

I planned to put my tactic up this weekend for anybody out there willing to test but been a little busier than expected. Should be up some time next week tho.

The way is do it is to ignore what the role description says and choose the roles based on the movement I want to achieve in that particular position. If I want a more attacking player in midfield that doesn't have to worry about defensive duty I go with an AP even if I may have an AP in the CAM position, if I want someone that played based on the teams mentality I go for the CM and if I want someone to hold position I go for a DLP and I do the same with the striker role and I play any player I want in those roles even if he may not have the tactical ability to play them because my main objective is the movement

@Dar J so you basically have your winning formula and find the suitable players for it over time. Works a couple seasons in but starting with smaller or low budget teams this might be tricky as average players won't really perform well outside their comfort zone/role. A top level poacher for example could make a decent TM in a strong team but I don't see how the same could be said for lower division teams. IME the lower we go in level/division/quality the less players are able to "work" other roles but their own.

21 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

@Dar J so you basically have your winning formula and find the suitable players for it over time. Works a couple seasons in but starting with smaller or low budget teams this might be tricky as average players won't really perform well outside their comfort zone/role. A top level poacher for example could make a decent TM in a strong team but I don't see how the same could be said for lower division teams. IME the lower we go in level/division/quality the less players are able to "work" other roles but their own.

I try to adapt it to a lower division team and if it doesn't work I d change it completely to suit that team but I always start with a tactic I familiar with then I may change it completely as the season progresses or I just tweak it