Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Classic Batigoals

I've had several requests and PMs asking about formations and best tactics etc etc so here goes my best / most consistent tactics for FMM17 on EME.

Classic Batigoals

Main Formation + Player Roles

eODUTCe.png

Alternative Player Roles

V5DfiGi.png

I'm not going through everything in detail. I've done that, or made an attempt to the best of my ability during my careers, so just try this yourself and see how it goes. The flanks can be swapped of course depending on your players and their footedness. So the combination WB+IF and FB+W can be played on either side. However, if things go bumpy with the main player roles for whatever reasons, try going with their alternatives one tweak at the time. It's important you identify the weak spot or underperforming player so I recommend single tweaks and see how things go for a handful of games. Otherwise it may not be as effective as you hoped for and I can't help you.

A couple things, a CF up front is your best pick but you need a solid player. If he isn't but he got pace go with AF. If he isn't pacey try playing a Poacher. If that doesn't work either your striker is rubbish. No need to change APs. Flanks can be swapped but I recommend this combo to keep opponents guessing. BBM in center works terribly good. Lots of goals from him too but if he's not great go with a DLP. Still bad try a regular CM. Still bad..can't help you. Two CBs should be CDs as we're playing a short passing game. But if you concede too many due to faulty passing try the weaker CD as LD, or alternatively both as LD. I hate yanking the ball forward, but it may be better if they're really lacking that quality. Still no success.. you just give up!

Please remember: apply these tweaks one at a time and give it a few games.

Home Games Match Settings

UdLXGSt.png

Away Games Match Settings

Oo3ZADj.png

Yes, we need match settings for home games (attacking ment.) and away games (balanced ment.). If you're too lazy to change these everytime then just don't bother. It won't be nearly as effective but no one's forcing you to play my way. If you do want the best out of this formation then I recommend the extra 3 seconds it takes you to apply them. However, if you happen to need goals during away games and things aren't looking good halfway the game then do swap to the more attacking mentality, your home game settings.

As for the PO and PA. No need. Unless you're doing a challenge like the most assists one, then pick your assists man as PO. Going for a most goals challenge then pick your main striker as PA.

Results With A Good Team

5p3VB2O.png

Results With A Decent Team

pyyzaU6.png

I don't have the La Coruna fixtures as I never planned to share these tactics but I do have the recent Man Utd run of games.

Spoiler

TXGNuhq.png

Player Stats - Goals

ok7QShx.png

CF (or AF or P) got loads of goals and that's not even having him on all set pieces or as PA. Also been subbed off during games plenty of times to spare his energy. If I was on a goal-scoring challenge he'd be well over 80, as I managed with Luuk de Jong (La Coruna) netting 88gls. The IF got a big load in as well.

Player Stats - Assists

vx97TbX.png

Pretty clear most assists came from both APs. Winger, IF, and BBM (or DLP or CM) got a healthy amount in as well.

Player Stats - AvR

HFJHN9C.png

For as much as we can take this info serious it looks good with 8's and high 7's.

Player Stats - Appearances

JXiSxPW.png

This is probably THE most important bit of info for you re these tactics. It doesn't work if you play your "fixed" 11 and never bother to rotate. Your players get tired, overplayed and pick up injuries. So I recommend giving your entire squad decent game time. I understand there's a difference in quality but you should aim for 3-4 really good subs and the rest a little less than that. A good formation only works with a good squad not just with a good first eleven.

Also, never play anyone under 90%. I even remove them from the squad for games in order to not feel tempted to risk playing him. Even if it means leaving out your best player for the toughest games. I know it's extremely tempting to play him anyway but don't do it. He won't perform as good and it affects his form for the next game(s). Keep your entire squad balanced with enough gametime for everyone and only playing fit players, meaning 90+%. Have faith in your subs as one of their main duties is keeping your starters from being overplayed.

More details than I innitially planned on but I want everyone that's going to try this formation and tactics to ponder over a couple of things before returning after 4 unsuccessful games saying this formation is no good. I play this formation with different teams this way and I KNOW it's fantastic, it's just a matter of not everyone can handle it with care ;) if you're having trouble with it drop a comment down here and I'll try to help you get back on track. For those that do get great results please do share your results here as well. And if there's enough of those I'll tell you one last thing you can tweak and fiddle with to get even better results but I don't want to complicate things. Just this will do for now. Hope you can get it working. Cheers!

Of course this looks great...... ( would have expected 12 adfs, 4 bbm and 2 cbs though ?).... i would not expect anything else from you mate! Thanks for sharing :)!

I am using a similar tactic presently for the Atletico  Madrid challenge but with a sightly different roles....my midfield role is CM,while my wingers are on the winger role....

14 minutes ago, wosite said:

How is the possession percentage of your tactics? over 50 or less?

I wouldn't bother too much looking at the possession to be honest. it's always between 40-60% after 90min anyways. Doesn't say much. I would just look at the chances and goals.

5uF9OmG.png

A big win vs a weak opponent using Attacking Ment. (home match settings) but somehow they managed to out-possess me. Who cares when you produce many chances and many goals.

UFIhaGf.png

Versus a stronger opponent using Balanced Ment. (away match settings) and we out-possess the master of possession. Again, not so important I think. We get the better chances and win the game that's all that matters.

Doesn't make sense to me. Too many attacking players and too much of space in the middle of the park. And you are playing short. Did u win Champions League with this formation? FMM developer has a lot of work to do to improve the game in the future. (Sigh...)

8 minutes ago, Dave7 said:

Doesn't make sense to me. Too many attacking players and too much of space in the middle of the park. And you are playing short. Did u win Champions League with this formation? FMM developer has a lot of work to do to improve the game in the future. (Sigh...)

Mate, one thing you need to remember is taking sense out of the equation. You want sense then don't play this game. Sorry, don't want to sounds negative but I've spent hours and hours trying to come up with sensical solutions for this so-called realistic game but little worked, at least not on a consistent level. Take my advice, don't try formations that make sense alone, try everything. If you see my TKO you'll faint lol - it's a 2-2-1-5 formation. Makes zero sense but this EME can't get enough of it.

Again, not trying to sound negative, but this EME can't really distinguish sensical or logical formations from edgy ones if you will. Test everything that comes to mind as looking at tactics on paper alone will get you zero results and zero progress. The day that such formations won't work is the day that FMM is realistic. Until then.. I'm playing to win in any formation I possibly can. Cheers!

7 minutes ago, Dave7 said:

I know what you mean, but still, odd tactics in this game is what makes it fun, anyone can develop a 4411 like in real life, this is so much more fun!

9 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

I wouldn't bother too much looking at the possession to be honest. it's always between 40-60% after 90min anyways. Doesn't say much. I would just look at the chances and goals.

5uF9OmG.png

A big win vs a weak opponent using Attacking Ment. (home match settings) but somehow they managed to out-possess me. Who cares when you produce many chances and many goals.

UFIhaGf.png

Versus a stronger opponent using Balanced Ment. (away match settings) and we out-possess the master of possession. Again, not so important I think. We get the better chances and win the game that's all that matters.

Yeah, the same things came to me as well. Like these:IMG_0303.thumb.PNG.9c05931ddf82b4fff41dc41406137ff3.PNGIMG_0302.thumb.PNG.cacae65ef4048928b689e39b0581e579.PNG

And so on. 

I feel confused about it and wanna figure out what does possession depend on. So i asked u about that. Thank u for your answer mate!

2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Mate, one thing you need to remember is taking sense out of the equation. You want sense then don't play this game. Sorry, don't want to sounds negative but I've spent hours and hours trying to come up with sensical solutions for this so-called realistic game but little worked, at least not on a consistent level. Take my advice, don't try formations that make sense alone, try everything. If you see my TKO you'll faint lol - it's a 2-2-1-5 formation. Makes zero sense but this EME can't get enough of it.

Again, not trying to sound negative, but this EME can't really distinguish sensical or logical formations from edgy ones if you will. Test everything that comes to mind as looking at tactics on paper alone will get you zero results and zero progress. The day that such formations won't work is the day that FMM is realistic. Until then.. I'm playing to win in any formation I possibly can. Cheers!

i'm not against non-sensical formation. i'm a tweaking type of gamer myself. it just that i never find myself in this specific formation before. also i never use a single formation for every match. 

but since u do have success with this formation, i gotta respect the formation u use.

Cheers!

2 hours ago, AndersJ said:

I know what you mean, but still, odd tactics in this game is what makes it fun, anyone can develop a 4411 like in real life, this is so much more fun!

Ya, odd tactics are fun but i hope that developer will also add in 'special instructions' to players in the future.

Cheers!

2 hours ago, wosite said:

I feel confused about it and wanna figure out what does possession depend on. So i asked u about that. Thank u for your answer mate!

I've tried narrowing it down to a couple factors but still makes littles sense. Even playing the best vs the worst and dominating periods of the game 70-80-90% etc only to see it fall back to 60ish after 90min. Insignificant imo.

22 minutes ago, Dave7 said:

i'm not against non-sensical formation. i'm a tweaking type of gamer myself. it just that i never find myself in this specific formation before. also i never use a single formation for every match. 

but since u do have success with this formation, i gotta respect the formation u use.

Cheers!

With weaker/lower division teams I definitely find myself using two formations -home and away- most of the time but with this one a single formation works ok just having to fiddle with the match settings.

As for future additions to the game, player roles etc .. And with that I mean additions that actually have an impact on the game.. don't see it happening. But one can hope :)

8 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

I've tried narrowing it down to a couple factors but still makes littles sense. Even playing the best vs the worst and dominating periods of the game 70-80-90% etc only to see it fall back to 60ish after 90min. Insignificant imo.

Same thing happened to me. I tried any way I can imagine and my Inter(with Krychowiak and Zielinsky) was beaten on possession by Torino. But FMM is a procedure and I think there is a rule. I'll try to find it, because it's my hobby to play FM or FMM in reality way. I'll share it with u if I find it before my bore.

16 minutes ago, ExhilaratingEriksen said:

I'm actually using a tactic almost exactly the same with Monaco, worked extremely well against teams playing a 4-5-1 for me. Will see if this better tho.

Great. Let me know if there's a significant improvement or not.

I know you're a BPD fan.  Does playing BPD's in this formation improve things?

21 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

you need a solid player. If he isn't but he got pace go with AF. If he isn't pacey try playing a Poacher.

:O So uhh... last time we discussed attributes, pace was primary for the poacher and secondary for the AF.  Have you changed your mind on priorities of pace for striker roles?  Personally, I still think pace is more important for poachers so I'd reverse the roles in your post.

1 hour ago, veerus said:

I know you're a BPD fan.  Does playing BPD's in this formation improve things?

Haven't really tested enough tbh mainly because the attack doesn't need support as it is and I don't want to weaken the backline by playing a BPD. I will test it more tho. One never knows.

1 hour ago, veerus said:

:O So uhh... last time we discussed attributes, pace was primary for the poacher and secondary for the AF.  Have you changed your mind on priorities of pace for striker roles?  Personally, I still think pace is more important for poachers so I'd reverse the roles in your post.

There you go again, not the first time you confuse things :) I have always believed what I wrote up there and I remember very well you've always believed the opposite as we've danced this discussion before. Who'se right or wrong? Who cares lol but for me I think AFs need pace more than Poachers. I see Advanced Forwards as a sort of Poacher with a bit of oomph.

26 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

I have always believed what I wrote up there and I remember very well you've always believed the opposite as we've danced this discussion before.

I actually didn't remember what your stance was.  I just remembered having a debate about it (and BBMs). :P 

23 minutes ago, veerus said:

I actually didn't remember what your stance was.  I just remembered having a debate about it (and BBMs). :P 

That BBM debate actually adjusted my opinion and made me go with quality CMs as BBM only. Anything less a DLP or CM. 

We need more of these. Eventho I'm not into over-analyzing things anymore still fun to hold those delightful chats.

33 minutes ago, Jeroenvk94 said:

Nerfed means the developers made it less effective/powerful.

I guess I'm too old for that kind of language :D no idea tbh.. I posted this tactic because it works very well for me, and still does.

I tried these tactics for a couple of seasons with Real Madrid after reading your comment about it being effective for 1k Challenges... Thought I'd see how many goals Ronaldo could still blast in over his last few years.

Turns out this tactic isn't very effective for him? Had him up top, tried all three suggested roles over 5-10 games, rested him, etc but he seems to get quite a lot of games where he does nothing. Rarely scores a brace or hatrick...

Am I doing something wrong still, or has Ronaldo become 'nerfed'? ^^;

12 minutes ago, Manjus said:

I tried these tactics for a couple of seasons with Real Madrid after reading your comment about it being effective for 1k Challenges... Thought I'd see how many goals Ronaldo could still blast in over his last few years.

Turns out this tactic isn't very effective for him? Had him up top, tried all three suggested roles over 5-10 games, rested him, etc but he seems to get quite a lot of games where he does nothing. Rarely scores a brace or hatrick...

Am I doing something wrong still, or has Ronaldo become 'nerfed'? ^^;

Is Ronaldo too old perhaps? Did you go with home/away settings?

Can you post a screenshot pls? Playing with Real Madrid you should be able to score loads of goals with this tactic.

2 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Is Ronaldo too old perhaps? Did you go with home/away settings?

Can you post a screenshot pls? Playing with Real Madrid you should be able to score loads of goals with this tactic.

For a player of his skill and with his stats, would age really make a difference? I used home and away settings as stated, and tried him as a CF, AF and P for between 5-10 games each. I found CF to be the most productive though.

What exactly do you want a screenshot of? His "history" and "player profile" page?

You mentioned his last few years so I don't know what age you're talking about. 31-32-33 should be OK, 35+ obviously not so.

A screenshot of players/roles pls.

So I can play it as well with your team and see the results I get. I find it hard to believe that this won't work with Madrid.

6 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

You mentioned his last few years so I don't know what age you're talking about. 31-32-33 should be OK, 35+ obviously not so.

A screenshot of players/roles pls.

So I can play it as well with your team and see the results I get. I find it hard to believe that this won't work with Madrid.

By last few years I just meant playing from the February load date until whenever he chose to retire :)

Might be a pain in the arse to gather the players I have in my team but okay....

IMG_0690.PNG

'Instructions' are as what you stated for the home/away...

Ronaldo managed to score 44 in 51 games for the 1st season, and then 43 in 46 games in the 2nd season. He's currently on 10 goals from 15 games on the 3rd season.

The team looks fantastic. He should be scoring way more than 1gl/game. Maybe Kroos as DLP as it may suit him better but looks too good for just 1gl/game. I'll try it as well and see what results I get with this team. Sometime tomorrow I think. Maybe see what another striker does with this, not that Ronaldo ain't good of course, but just see what happens. You playing EME btw?

6 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

The team looks fantastic. He should be scoring way more than 1gl/game. Maybe Kroos as DLP as it may suit him better but looks too good for just 1gl/game. I'll try it as well and see what results I get with this team. Sometime tomorrow I think. Maybe see what another striker does with this, not that Ronaldo ain't good of course, but just see what happens. You playing EME btw?

Honestly, I don't think Kroos is the issue. He was an absolute monster in that position for the 1st season, so I haven't changed his role once! Per season:

1. played 52; scored 5; assisted 19
  2. played 52; scored 9; assisted 9
  3. played 19; scored 5; assisted 9

I used varying strikers when resting Ronaldo or needing a 70 minute sub (or that 2 months he was off injured) namely Morata and Suk Hyun-Jun, they both seemed to be scoring efficiently.

Would it matter that my PA was set to Ronaldo? He usually ended up having a fair few shots (with almost as many off-target) but just not the goals.

And yes, I am on EME.