Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Classic Batigoals

Good numbers for Kroos but I expected him to get 10-15 gls in that position. Pogba managed 15gls and 20+ assist but he's a topclass BBM of course. I agree tho that Kroos did do well but maybe this team needs a bit more balance and maybe as a DLP he'll sit back a bit more and provide the support and balance the team needs. I'm guessing here.. you have to put it to the test to see if it helps creating more chances up front.

The PA shouldn't really matter I think.

47 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Good numbers for Kroos but I expected him to get 10-15 gls in that position. Pogba managed 15gls and 20+ assist but he's a topclass BBM of course. I agree tho that Kroos did do well but maybe this team needs a bit more balance and maybe as a DLP he'll sit back a bit more and provide the support and balance the team needs. I'm guessing here.. you have to put it to the test to see if it helps creating more chances up front.

The PA shouldn't really matter I think.

Okay, I will try DLP also.

7 minutes ago, Manjus said:

Okay, I will try DLP also.

Great. How are your performances in general btw? Are you at least winning most games with ease?

Not good.

I'll try as well tomorrow. I'll try a bunch of games with the basic instructions as in the OP. And I'll also try what I usually do tweaking the passing focus via the opponents' weak zone. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks for posting your findings btw.

22 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Not good.

I'll try as well tomorrow. I'll try a bunch of games with the basic instructions as in the OP. And I'll also try what I usually do tweaking the passing focus via the opponents' weak zone. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks for posting your findings btw.

Well, I'm always reading the tactics that people post, but I thought I'd try yours as you're such an active member and you said your tactic could score your main striker 80 goals if you were going for 1k which intrigued me. Especially as I had a craving for building around Ronaldo, put his skills to good use. :D

5 minutes ago, Manjus said:

Well, I'm always reading the tactics that people post, but I thought I'd try yours as you're such an active member and you said your tactic could score your main striker 80 goals if you were going for 1k which intrigued me. Especially as I had a craving for building around Ronaldo, put his skills to good use. :D

The instructions in the OP won't get you 80+ gls tho.. it should get you well over 60. What *will* get you over 80 gls is fiddling with the passing focus. But before we get to that point your formation needs to be more consistent than it is now. And Ronaldo should get 60ish goals without problems.

Just now, BatiGoal said:

The instructions in the OP won't get you 80+ gls tho.. it should get you well over 60. What *will* get you over 80 gls is fiddling with the passing focus. But before we get to that point your formation needs to be more consistent than it is now. And Ronaldo should get 60ish goals without problems.

True. But the dream was there :P

12 hours ago, Manjus said:

your tactic could score your main striker 80 goals if you were going for 1k which intrigued me. Especially as I had a craving for building around Ronaldo, put his skills to good use. :D

A couple things I forgot to mention. The IF gets lots of goals so if you're going for a 1KC you need to turn his goals into assists for Ronaldo. Make it a Winger but Depay's no good as a left W so try James or Bale or any other good left-footer.

Also, you need to minimize your BBMs goals. Kroos as a DLP works better in this case to maximize the "dirty work" and keep him from taking Ronaldo's goals. I played a few games with your set up (Ronaldo as a PA btw which doesn't hurt) and it's going pretty good.

Will post an update once I'm on my PC tonight. Will also show you a few simple things you can fiddle with re passing focus.

Spoiler

IMG_0693.PNG

IMG_0694.PNG

IMG_0695.PNG

Tried a quick game this morning with your advice.

Used the same home/away tactics and only bought Alaba so I had two FBs... seemed better for Ronaldo, but not overall?

I played 10 games with the players you bought, but swapped Depay for James, and got 22 goals. 9wins 1loss, not waterproof but 1KCs are all about goals.

Will put it up in a few hours.

Just now, BatiGoal said:

I played 10 games with the players you bought, but swapped Depay for James, and got 22 goals. 9wins 1loss, not waterproof but 1KCs are all about goals.

Will put it up in a few hours.

22 goals in 10 games with Ronaldo? That's damn better than what I got haha.

@Manjus @Calla-98 perhaps you like to mess around with the match settings in-game...

Vs Vigo

77csnsJ.png

Quick look at the opponent's line-up and we see an injured RM, Sisto. Try going with Passing Focus via Left Flank to exploit their weakened side. Also..both strikers are very tired/injured. Why not play a high line - offside trap. They have no energy for pressing and no pace for thru balls. Easy to defend against.

Vs Qarabag

jNUzMF2.png

Loads of players down the middle. Avoid the center and simply go with Passing Focus via Both Flanks. This team enjoys swapping formations so keep an eye on their latest "update".

Vs Sevilla

ekB6YuI.png

Terrible AI management. Hope this ceases to exist in future FMM series. Until then..exploit it :) Vietto and Carrico are strikers and have no business playing backs. No surprise their AvR scores below par. Also here play via Both Flanks to get more crosses into the box.

Vs Anderlecht

Vqccn5x.png

Play Passing Focus via Right Flank. They're supporting a weakened left side with Capel not playing in his optimal position + behind him in LB you have Obradovic who's got very little energy left. Exploitable. What I often do is bringing in a fresh pair of legs on our right flank (AMR) to really make the most of this opportunity.

Vs Valencia

uGLyPcg.png

Sometimes there's no significant weak link but I do like going after BWMs and BPDs on EME. Especially when the opponent play both at the same time. We got BWM Medran who is known for chasing after balls and rarely holding position. And we have BPD Garay who likes taking risks with forward runs and risky passes. So in this case you could opt for Passing Focus Through Center.

Ronaldo Goals

lzM9KLD.png

Ronaldo did well with 23 goals in 10 games.

Team Stats

Do1OLdA.png

Lots of assists from DLP Kroos, APs Mata and Gotze, as well as Wingers James and Vazquez. Hell, even Bellerin chipped in with 5 assists :)

It's time-consuming to fiddle with match settings in-game but it can be fun when things click. Hope something works. Cheers!

26 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

@Manjus @Calla-98 perhaps you like to mess around with the match settings in-game...

Vs Vigo

77csnsJ.png

Quick look at the opponent's line-up and we see an injured RM, Sisto. Try going with Passing Focus via Left Flank to exploit their weakened side. Also..both strikers are very tired/injured. Why not play a high line - offside trap. They have no energy for pressing and no pace for thru balls. Easy to defend against.

Vs Qarabag

jNUzMF2.png

Loads of players down the middle. Avoid the center and simply go with Passing Focus via Both Flanks. This team enjoys swapping formations so keep an eye on their latest "update".

Vs Sevilla

ekB6YuI.png

Terrible AI management. Hope this ceases to exist in future FMM series. Until then..exploit it :) Vietto and Carrico are strikers and have no business playing backs. No surprise their AvR scores below par. Also here play via Both Flanks to get more crosses into the box.

Vs Anderlecht

Vqccn5x.png

Play Passing Focus via Right Flank. They're supporting a weakened left side with Capel not playing in his optimal position + behind him in LB you have Obradovic who's got very little energy left. Exploitable. What I often do is bringing in a fresh pair of legs on our right flank (AMR) to really make the most of this opportunity.

Vs Valencia

uGLyPcg.png

Sometimes there's no significant weak link but I do like going after BWMs and BPDs on EME. Especially when the opponent play both at the same time. We got BWM Medran who is known for chasing after balls and rarely holding position. And we have BPD Garay who likes taking risks with forward runs and risky passes. So in this case you could opt for Passing Focus Through Center.

Ronaldo Goals

lzM9KLD.png

Team Stats

Do1OLdA.png

Lots of assists from DLP Kroos, APs Mata and Gotze, as well as Wingers James and Vazquez. Hell, even Bellerin chipped in with 5 assists :)

It's time-consuming to fiddle with match settings in-game but it can be fun when things click. Hope something works. Chhers!

This... is a lot to process...

Kinda makes me feel bad for being such a casual player for all these years. 

I've never been one to take tactics so seriously, probably why I was so caught by your formations/tactics. Seemed like a simple 'do this and win' approach. Perhaps I was too naive.

I'll take note of what you've said in your last post and see if I can't be a bit more proactive during the games rather than setting the tactics and watching the match whiz past on very fast haha.

I'll keep you posted, master!

;)

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Vs Vigo

77csnsJ.png

Vs Qarabag

jNUzMF2.png

Vs Sevilla

ekB6YuI.png

Vs Anderlecht

Vqccn5x.png

Vs Valencia

uGLyPcg.png

Ronaldo Goals

lzM9KLD.png

Team Stats

Do1OLdA.png

It's time-consuming to fiddle with match settings in-game but it can be fun when things click. Hope something works. Cheers!

Great analysis!!!

@BatiGoal loved the breakdown on passing focus, opened my eyes for future saves that's for sure, I've only really used it when the opposition play narrow so I go down both flanks ? No wonder you can get 80 goals out of De Jong!

added 0 minutes later

Very insightful

4 hours ago, Brenty92 said:

@BatiGoal loved the breakdown on passing focus, opened my eyes for future saves that's for sure, I've only really used it when the opposition play narrow so I go down both flanks ? No wonder you can get 80 goals out of De Jong!

added 0 minutes later

Very insightful

I've been getting slightly better results this way so I'd like to think it helps :)

6 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

I've been getting slightly better results this way so I'd like to think it helps :)

Really curious if this is hindsight bias at work here. Would be interesting to test over multiple test match attempts.

14 minutes ago, veerus said:

Really curious if this is hindsight bias at work here. Would be interesting to test over multiple test match attempts.

I understand what you're saying, but I'm too lazy to do such tests tbh. Simple math, I used to score 60-70 gls a season tops without the fiddling. I've been getting 80+ with the occasional 90, so yeah I'd like to believe it played its part.

It's hard to confirm anything definitively on this engine truth be told, maybe the luck factor kicked in multiple times, however unlikely. The fiddling -seems- to have helped get higher goal tallies.

14 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Vs Vigo

77csnsJ.png

Vs Qarabag

jNUzMF2.png

Vs Sevilla

ekB6YuI.png

Vs Anderlecht

Vqccn5x.png

Vs Valencia

uGLyPcg.png

Ronaldo Goals

lzM9KLD.png

Team Stats

Do1OLdA.png

Is this just by editing the Passing Focus only? Or other things too, like the style?

Also, are you still playing your original Home/Away tactics?

18 minutes ago, Manjus said:

Is this just by editing the Passing Focus only? Or other things too, like the style?

Also, are you still playing your original Home/Away tactics?

Mostly only the focus like in the examples. Unless the balanced ment. ain't working in away games I try going with attacking. But also in games like vs Vigo where both their strikers were in terrible shape after 60 odd min. you can fiddle with the refinements.. or even play 3 instead of 4 at the back. In most cases tho I'm too lazy to mess with the formation unless I'm dealing with injuries.

Again, it's hard to confirm if these things actually work, for instance, switching passing focus to a specific flank. Did we score because of the adjustment? Was the goal pre-determined already? Who knows. Would require too much testing imo due to the randomness factor. I just feel I generally get better results when I mess with the settings in-game opposed to letting games roll by, so I may as well go along with it. It's also a fun element one can add to the games regardless.

24 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Mostly only the focus like in the examples. Unless the balanced ment. ain't working in away games I try going with attacking. But also in games like vs Vigo where both their strikers were in terrible shape after 60 odd min. you can fiddle with the refinements.. or even play 3 instead of 4 at the back. In most cases tho I'm too lazy to mess with the formation unless I'm dealing with injuries.

Again, it's hard to confirm if these things actually work, for instance, switching passing focus to a specific flank. Did we score because of the adjustment? Was the goal pre-determined already? Who knows. Would require too much testing imo due to the randomness factor. I just feel I generally get better results when I mess with the settings in-game opposed to letting games roll by, so I may as well go along with it. It's also a fun element one can add to the games regardless.

Okay, I've played a few more games, tweaking just the passing focus and keeping the original home/away tactics and the results aren't great for me. Like you say, maybe I just don't have the luck!

IMG_0698.PNG

I didn't take any screenshots of their tactics and what I did to take advantage of them. But I mainly looked out for yellows or less like you said and aimed for passing the ball through that area. Or if there were no yellows then I would push through the less crowded areas...

7 out of 7 isn't bad but it isn't an improvement either. The formation itself hasn't worked well for you. If you want to test out the in-game tweaks maybe try using your regular/more comfy tactics and see it the fiddling bit gets you better results. Curious to know.

9 minutes ago, Manjus said:

Okay, I've played a few more games, tweaking just the passing focus and keeping the original home/away tactics and the results aren't great for me. Like you say, maybe I just don't have the luck!

IMG_0698.PNG

I didn't take any screenshots of their tactics and what I did to take advantage of them. But I mainly looked out for yellows or less like you said and aimed for passing the ball through that area. Or if there were no yellows then I would push through the less crowded areas...

What role are you using for Ronaldo? 

Just now, Calla-98 said:

What role are you using for Ronaldo? 

CF... I have tried AF and Poacher as previously suggested by BatiGoal in his OP... But CF seemed to be the stand out role for him out of those three.

At the behest of BatiGoal I told Ronaldo to "sit and chill" for a few matches so we could 'analyse' just why everyone else wasn't helping him to score the goals he was so clearly capable of getting.

Turns out that Benzema wasn't any better...

IMG_0700.PNG