Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career It's A G'Day For A 1KC In Wales!

Ashez

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

I'll aim to update tomorrow, as I'm 95% sure I've crashed and burned in the CC this can have my full attention again as I intended :)

Am I a fool for putting my money on those 5% ? :D

30 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Yep, @Ashez is Mr. Planning defo!

Thankfully you have a similar mentality so we can bounce ideas around haha

26 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

A fool is a to polite word for someone with that thinking :) 

33 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Go ahead, embarrass yourself:laugh:

added 0 minutes later
7 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Thankfully you have a similar mentality so we can bounce ideas around haha

We do and i might have something new i want to bounce off

44 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Go ahead, embarrass yourself:laugh:

added 0 minutes later

We do and i might have something new i want to bounce off

I'm waiting!! :D 

It's A G'Day For A 1KC In Wales!

Season Four

A New Hope?

Transfers

Spoiler

Offers For The Main Man!

R9wVN7Z.jpg

Not a bad opening bid but I wonder how high they'll go?

zdBU5gK.jpg

That's insane money for this level! Ain't gunna lie I did debate accepting it and trying to find a better striker but I still have faith in Collard for now. 

In

OtVE7d2.jpg

Tin was the steal of the century as you'll soon see!

Out

2yoHUpb.jpg

Finally starting to bring in some decent wedge!

Season Review

kYrObJy.jpg

A decent enough season. 

A More Detailed Look

Spoiler

Europa League Group Of Death

NreYzBN.jpg

We took four points from the Turkish opposition but it wasn't enough. A tight 1-0 loss to Liverpool gave me some hope for the future though. 

League Table

GIuDc9h.jpg

We're getting worse :P

Robbed Of A Perfect Season

0ZZthfT.jpg

I can't say I feel our form deserved those two results :P

NMG Cup

enATmIE.jpg

One for the Collard!

JD Welsh Cup

r71GyHp.jpg

Routine victory 

Player Information: Warning

Contains A Massive Striker Spoiler

Spoiler

Player Performances

O6WfVue.jpg

I bloody love this squad! 

Signing Of The Century

ODkojNC.jpg

Is there any better way to spend £10k? I don't like regens but this chap was sensational this season! Shame he appears to have stolen some of Ferandes' assists mind. 

Manager Information

Spoiler

V12zejn.jpg

The Main Event

Goals Baby!

EYxgycZ.jpg

You sexy beast! I haven't had a striker score like this in years, especially in a league fixture! Ten goals in one match! Miles away from my record but I'm happy with that! 

Dylan Collard

Stats

p9VS6lz.jpg

Still not that appealing visually in fairness. 

Results 

wYM5Hv2.jpg

Now that's what I call progress! It's worth noting his ten goal match does pad these stats massively but it's a total I'm delighted to bank! 

Current Standings

Played: 150

Scored: 187

Not bad considering our awful luck last update but I did hope to be above 200 by now, then again he is hitting the 70 goal ball park quicker than I anticipated. All is not lost as this journey continues to unfold. 

As always thank you for reading and please remember to be aware of snakes.

That's a massive improvement over last season, despite Collard looking like a guy who's never set foot onto a training ground. You do train your players and have coaches in your staff, right? :)

3 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

That's a massive improvement over last season, despite Collard looking like a guy who's never set foot onto a training ground. You do train your players and have coaches in your staff, right? :)

Crap facilities and limited coaches which are hard to sign. Pain in the arse! 

3 hours ago, Taff said:

It certainly is a g'day in Wales, unless your a Carmarthen fan ?

That was a very g'day indeed! 

3 hours ago, samhardy said:

Careful mate, that nearly resembled a decent season :P

After the last few seasons I've played I'l happily take almost decent :P 

4 minutes ago, Paul186 said:

Finally smashed the Welsh season record well done keep up the good work (y)

Been so long I forgot about that :/, go me :P 

Thanks for the comments lads :) 

6 hours ago, scratch99 said:

That's a fantastic season. Looking good! ? And most importantly: no injuries!

This was the type of season the save needed, well and truly put it back on track while giving me a nice motivational boost! 

2 hours ago, danovic78 said:

Boom! What a season...Gotta love those double figures goal hauls. (y)

I couldn't agree more! However I am concerned that fluke result was just a fluke. Especially as that's around the figure I want to hit each year, by now you all know my preferred method to 1kc is 80x12 with a handful remaining. 

1 hour ago, fuddledfoxFM said:

Very good season. Do you think you can keep him at the club when he is hitting those kind of numbers?

I'm just going contract to contract at this point. I am concerned by the little amount of money I'm making currently as boosting my wages has been problematic but we'll see how things develop. 

11 minutes ago, PriZe said:

I don't know how to respond to his hahaha

I couldn't resist the opportunity when you blindly walked into it :P 

6 hours ago, PriZe said:

So almost a week passed by... and no update. I smell fail in the making here!

Is not playing it really failing? :P 

I'll be honest and say I dunno what will happen here as I've not touched FMM in weeks. This was meant to be my CC distraction but so far everything has been a distraction from FMM. Hopefully I get the FMM bug and fly through this but who knows. 

On 9/15/2017 at 04:32, Ashez said:

This was meant to be my CC distraction but so far everything has been a distraction from FMM.

CC is no more so get on with it! :P

If it happens it happens is my view at the moment. I don't really want to force the matter as I'd be fairly happy going into 2018 fresh and gagging to play. I'm burnt out without playing so I doubt forcing it is the solution to my lack of desire to play :P. For what it's worth I have a big plan for 2018 for once it's released......And patched to be stable :P

On 9/16/2017 at 13:26, Ashez said:

If it happens it happens is my view at the moment. I don't really want to force the matter as I'd be fairly happy going into 2018 fresh and gagging to play. I'm burnt out without playing so I doubt forcing it is the solution to my lack of desire to play :P. For what it's worth I have a big plan for 2018 for once it's released......And patched to be stable :P

what? going to take another shot at the CC? :P

I was just going through my iPod and I came across these images so I thought I may as well show where I got to and why I dropped the attempt. I appreciate it's stupidly late but I didn't realise I had these until I discovered them just now. 

Collard

JTJrWij.jpg

Still looking poor but he was still young and good for the level. 

Goals

tCiQA7U.jpg

Total wise I think I was in an okay position and I think I could have crossed the line if I was up for the grind but I wasn't. The fact he was getting worse killed my motivation more than anything as I finally thought he'd found form when he nearly broke 70 but declining that much in three seasons was too much to take. 

I actually gave up on Collard as my motivation as it was my assister who was the player exciting me which is never ideal but he was sensational as you'll now see. 

Mr Assists

V7eDL6a.jpg

What a player! I just loved using him but when he started being the reason I was playing I knew the save was in trouble lol. 

Tbh I'm disappointed I didn't continue it but his decline and how long I had to spend in the transfer market for players I could attract and that could get a permit just made it such a time sink. I made a massive mistake not considering Brexit when I started this save so at the very least I learnt something from this failed attempt. 

So yeah bye bye 2017 and I'll hopefully be back with something new in the coming weeks. 

Totally understand, sure @samhardywill disagree lol. But think of it this way, you'd probably never have discovered Diogo had you not given this Collard dude a try, so not all lost. 

It's really hard getting these minimally talented players to the top when most of their attributes are peaking at orange. A very respectable effort nonetheless, mate. (y) enjoyed the ride while it lasted. 

Edited by BatiGoal
6 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Totally understand, sure @samhardywill disagree lol. But think of it this way, you'd probably never have discovered Diogo had you not given this Collard dude a try, so not all lost. 

It's really hard getting these minimally talented players to the top when most of their attributes are peaking at orange. A very respectable effort nonetheless, mate. (y) enjoyed the ride while it lasted. 

If he wants to disagree he can but only in song, otherwise I'll ignore his cocky words :P 

Very true mate, to me FMM is all about finding players you enjoy using and I did on this save. Tbf I did consider if I could drop the 1kc and try and take this lad to 1000 assists but I thought that was even riskier than continue the original save lol. 

I enjoyed it and it was something new for me to experience, I just made some poor decision which ultimately cost me but that's the way Vibe'in goes!