Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career It's A G'Day For A 1KC In Wales!

Ashez

Holy smokes those attributes!! Yikes!

Ok, I'm going to stay positive. Surely this is just the beginning so things can only get better from here on. Sorry...can't do it, can't lie in your face, I respect you too much for that. Mate.. it's over. Throw in the towel right now, there's no way Collard is going to smell those 1000 goals. Abort this mission, please.. ABORT!

:laugh:

6 hours ago, Paul186 said:

Unlucky Ashez, I have faith in you and next season will be better

Let's hope that faith is well placed, it can't really get much worse after all haha. 

6 hours ago, Taff said:

Unlucky with Injuries once again, but I'm sure things will turn around dude

You can see why I was in no rush to force this update out now :P

5 hours ago, Mr.Manager said:

Just caught up on this @Ashez! What a tough challenge! The kid has done really well so far, but these injuries are a worry. I've done 25+ seasons in Wales in my current save, and I've not managed over 50 goals with a single player yet (albeit I'm not trying a 1k)... Good luck mate!

@anfieldsquirrel haha, how does this put me to shame...?!

It has been alot tougher than I expected in fairness, having European games as basically a right off is bigger than I expected for sure. Ignore AS as he chats rubbish :P

2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Holy smokes those attributes!! Yikes!

Ok, I'm going to stay positive. Surely this is just the beginning so things can only get better from here on. Sorry...can't do it, can't lie in your face, I respect you too much for that. Mate.. it's over. Throw in the towel right now, there's no way Collard is going to smell those 1000 goals. Abort this mission, please.. ABORT!

:laugh:

Finally someone telling it how it is haha. I was close to giving up so many times but this battle is far from over! 

Unlucky mate, injuries are the worst thing in a 1KC but you pulled it together quite nicely. Just got to treat this as a one off season and hope you can persuade Collard to stay away from retirement for another year later on to make up for it.

37 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

Unlucky mate, injuries are the worst thing in a 1KC but you pulled it together quite nicely. Just got to treat this as a one off season and hope you can persuade Collard to stay away from retirement for another year later on to make up for it.

Oh god! You've just made imagine what his stats will be like near retirement :O 

5 minutes ago, PriZe said:

You can do better than that! 

added 0 minutes later

By the way @Ashez you know that our services to boost views on your career aren't free of charge right?

Stick of bamboo per comment right?

11 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Stick of bamboo per comment right?

It'll be something else maybe for me. Perhaps, you could, I don't know, say my file was corrupt and that's why I crashed out of the CC? :P

15 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

It'll be something else maybe for me. Perhaps, you could, I don't know, say my file was corrupt and that's why I crashed out of the CC? :P

@BatiGoal this one on the list? If so i want to report a breach of trademark!

Just now, PriZe said:

@BatiGoal this one on the list? If so i want to report a breach of trademark!

I believe the one he wrote down was 'My unlockables were all on, including the Unsackable option' would explain a few things actually :P

Bad luck with the injuries. ? But a goal a game is pretty good for a 19 year old, so IF you can keep him on the field you're actually looking alright! His stats are meh, but ... well that's probably fine for Wales. I still think you'll do it!

Hang on a minute. The others are trying to tell me something...

Oh... Sorry lads...

Actually what I meant to say is: you've got no chance!! :P

2 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Bad luck with the injuries. ? But a goal a game is pretty good for a 19 year old, so IF you can keep him on the field you're actually looking alright! His stats are meh, but ... well that's probably fine for Wales. I still think you'll do it!

Hang on a minute. The others are trying to tell me something...

Oh... Sorry lads...

Actually what I meant to say is: you've got no chance!! :P

I'll take this positive spin on the situation :D 

I want to say it's going to get better, but his injuries and stats are really a worry 

but I know Ash wouldn't give up without a really good fight

ill say 46 goals for the season

I'll aim to update tomorrow, as I'm 95% sure I've crashed and burned in the CC this can have my full attention again as I intended :). Hopefully I can save some face in this thread but the way things are going I'm not sure lmao. You'll all still like me even when I'm shit right at FMM right? Right? :( 

23 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I'll aim to update tomorrow, as I'm 95% sure I've crashed and burned in the CC this can have my full attention again as I intended :). Hopefully I can save some face in this thread but the way things are going I'm not sure lmao. You'll all still like me even when I'm shit right at FMM right? Right? :( 

Depends on how Shit we're talking here, It's always a big fall off the pedestal :P 

Even if you don't succeed in completing the challenge you will have posted a great thread, and a great read really looking forward to the next installment.

49 minutes ago, Taff said:

Depends on how Shit we're talking here, It's always a big fall off the pedestal :P 

Haha, that's why I love the CC tbh. My record there isn't the best and entering a EME one likely wasn't my best idea but it pushed me outside my comfort zone and made me play a save I wouldn't have otherwise, IMO that's what the CC is all about. 

With my careers I spend hours planning, researching, theorising and testing way before any of you guys see what I'm up to and I believe that's my strength. The CC takes that option away from me and tbh without my notes and planning time I make all the mistakes everyone else does, but in my careers I've usually ironed them out by the time you see it haha. My strengths are without a doubt in preparation and not "winging it" and making it up on the fly. Sure sometimes I can get a winning attempt on my first try but that's pretty rare haha. @PriZe especially knows all about my OTT planning and theorising haha. 

This save likely would have seen the scrap heap if I wasn't enjoying it so much tbh, one reason I posted it when I did was to force me to continue while I hoped the CC hype would make me excited to play any FMM haha. 

29 minutes ago, anfieldsquirrel said:

When were ever not shit at FMM/H?

Must have been during your absence ;) 

30 minutes ago, Paul186 said:

Even if you don't succeed in completing the challenge you will have posted a great thread, and a great read really looking forward to the next installment.

That's my view completely, thanks for the pep talk though as we all need those from time to time :D