Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Challenge Cup XI

Challenge Cup XI

Here we go again, with the 11th version of Vibe's Challenge Cup. A series of in game challenges where members face off against each other with the eventual aim of becoming the best FMM player on this site. This version will be brought to you by Ashez and myself.

Chances are that most of you will know how these work. If not, then you can take a look back at what unfolded at the start of the year in which PriZe fought off all the competition and has since held the title of Challenge Cup champion. Here's what unfolded in full earlier this year:

And here is the Hall of Fame from the years gone by, from 2011 all the way through to the present day. Sunny is the only person to win it twice although no-one has ever retained it. Can PriZe be the first or will his dream be ended by another fierce competitor?

Challenge Cup One 
May 2011
Host: samhardy
Winner: Ollie 
Runner-Up: Trailer

Challenge Cup Two 
September 2011
Host: samhardy
Winner: Sunny 
Runner-Up: RAC

Challenge Cup Three 
January 2012
Host: United58/samhardy
Winner: Scott 
Runner-Up: samhardy

Challenge Cup Four 
May 2012
Host: ImABlueToo
Winner: Sunny 
Runner-Up: Anwar

Challenge Cup Five 
February 2013
Host: anfieldsquirrel
Winner: Lewiitom 
Runner-Up: N/A

Challenge Cup Six 
July 2013
ABANDONED

Challenge Cup Seven 
March 2014
Winner: Devil 
Runner-Up: Ashez

Challenge Cup Eight 
August 2014
Host: Ashez
Winner: Ashez
Runner-Up: Scott

Challenge Cup Nine
May 2015
Host: Dirtboy/samhardy
Winner: MerlionMaple96
Runner-Up: Ashez

Challenge Cup Ten
January 2017
Host: BatiGoal/samhardy
Winner: PriZe
Runner-Up: samhardy

What will happen on this occasion?

Rules

Please ensure you keep these in mind throughout the tournament as nobody likes avoidable disqualifications.

• To keep things equal all challenges last 1 season and will need to be played on Enhanced Match Engine (EME).
  • Each challenge comes with a deadline, and each deadline comes with no extensions. No entry -> No points.
  • Every manager must provide evidence using screenshots. As the rule above, No screenshots -> No points.
  • No unlockables and no coaching badges. If suspicions arise, you will be asked to submit your save for inspection.
  • No holidaying, a screenshot of manager profile after each challenge is required.
  • No cheating and no use of any editor at all.
  • Own tactics only.
  • Send your results via PM with both samhardy and Ashez included in it.
  • Have fun!

This cup will run similarly, but not identically to the one earlier this year. Qualifying will stay, and the top 16 (changed to 14) will qualify for the group stages, whilst being seeded in correlation to qualifying performance. In case of a tie in qualifying, league points will be used as the tiebreak, and in the groups, your qualifying score will be used as the tiebreak. Instead of having a predetermined schedule, the four group winners and four group runners up will be put in a hat and drawn at random, like the Champions League. The semis will be a free draw.

Comment below if you wish to join. Registrations will close on Monday 7th August 11:59PM. 

Please only enter if you have intentions of submitting your results, every year there are a large amount of members sign up and don't submit.

Thank you, and good luck!

Competitors (* denotes reigning and defending champion)

1. Taff
  2. PriZe*
  3. Real_Random
  4. mcandrew003
  5. Jeroenvk94
  6. Risheek
  7. Robbrown172
  8. Brenty92
  9. Dianto Billy Nova
  10. xizzatx
  11. Rocket
  12. AndersJ
  13. Damilare
  14. BatiGoal
  15. danovic78
  16. Krenzar
  17. samhardy
  18. anfieldsquirrel
  19. Ashez

Qualifying Challenge / Qualifying Results

Group Stage Challenge / Group Stage Results

Quarter-Finals Challenge / Quarter-Finals Results

Semi-Finals Challenge / Semi-Finals Results

Final Challenge / Final Results

Some new faces! Exciting times are ahead :D

The Challenge Cup is an excellent way to introduce yourself! Who knows it could be you leaving the tournament as a legend! 

I'm using this as a motivation (and deadline) to finish my current career, which has been long overdue already. Can't join unless I finish what I've started first.. :D

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

I'm using this as a motivation (and deadline) to finish my current career, which has been long overdue already. Can't join unless I finish what I've started first.. :D

Crack on with it then!!! 

3 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Are you looking for an excuse not to participate?:laugh:

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Crack on with it then!!! 

hehe. On it.

17 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Are you looking for an excuse not to participate?:laugh:

Nope nope, you wish! Finalizing my career but it's not going great..

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

hehe. On it.

Nope nope, you wish! Finalizing my career but it's not going great..

Ah so you are already making excuses for a crapy career finish? It ended sh*t but hey that was due to the rush for the CC. Otherwise i would have totally owned the sh*t out of the challenge:laugh:

16 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

Don't make me play the EME again....:'(

If there is enough of us willing maybe we can have an OME CC on 2018? If there is interest it's something I'll keep in mind. I am busy with my own saves (3 on the go, you lucky people!) but the main reason I decided to host instead of take part is due to the EME. 

23 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

I would be open to an OME CC, just throwing that out there lol

Same here, I'm confident I'd stand a much better chance ;)

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

Updated the OP, I have no idea whether @BatiGoal and @danovic78 wish to be included or not :P

Pls do include me mate.. just gotta figure out a way to smash in 17 goals in the last 5 games to complete my challenge :unamused:

59 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Pls do include me mate.. just gotta figure out a way to smash in 17 goals in the last 5 games to complete my challenge :unamused:

I can help you, you might wanna use one of my tactics:P;)

16 minutes ago, PriZe said:

I can help you, you might wanna use one of my tactics:P;)

No funny business this time, you've already clocked up a number of CC discipline points after last time ;)