Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Challenge Cup XI

Interviewing The Qualifying Champ

With Samhardy claiming the first achievement of this tournament I decided it was only fitting we shared some of his words. 

The Interview

Congratulations for finishing top of the qualifying round! However many could see this as unimportant as qualification and being a top seed is all that matters so how do you feel?

I feel exactly the same as what I did before the competition. It was obvious there was only one competitor capable of claiming pole position and although BatiGoal would say he put up a fight I never felt threatened by him really. Easy start as expected.

Looking at the members who have managed to progress and the pots they're in what group of death do you hope to see?

Personally a group I would like to see would be PriZe/anfieldsquirrel/Ashez in one of the groups of 3. Would be nice to see one of those three out in the group stages.

If this group happened would you care to make a prediction?

Not in the predictions business I'm afraid. No need to be when you have the results I do!

With only one score submitting member being eliminated who in your opinion had the most disappointing qualifying round?

PriZe, obviously. He was embarrassing, clearly feeling the pressure of defending the title. Ashez was also awful, but he'll probably improve if he gets the very possible 'group of death'. Real_Random was also pathetic.

Do you expect any of the mid table guys from qualifying to make a late dash for the title in the coming rounds?

No

Who would you say was the surprise package of the previous round?

Hmm. I would say Taff but his top seed placing didn't come as too much of a surprise to me. So probably Rocket or Damilare who I didn't know too much about beforehand.

The rivalry between BatiGoal, PriZe and yourself seems to be heating up nicely but who's winning the banter war in your opinion?

Both of those muppets may think they have the upper hand in the banter but I have two things to say about this: 1) It's clear they're not, and 2) Results are all that matter ;)

Being a top seed you head into the next round as a favourite, but is there any members you'd hope to avoid this early in your group?

Avoid? They should be wanting to avoid me... Stupid question. You clearly don't have much experience in this journalism business do you?

Any words for the departing McAndrew003 who will be leaving the tournament at this stage? 

Nope, he needs to have words with himself not from me. Sacked? Haha.

Is there anything you hope to see in the next round?

Quite a few things actually. I'd like to see BatiGoal crash out but he actually put up a fight in the last round so not going to happen realistically. I also hope PriZe keeps talking in the thread as there'll be a lot of quotes I can pull up when I end his campaign of two successive titles.

Thanks for the questions. Looking forward to my champions interview.

Thank you for your time, with that my round is over and I now pass the next round over to your qualifying champion Samhardy :).

Haha love it; well done Sam!

Sam says to Ashez.. "you don't have much experience in this journalism business"

Then you get me who is literally a full time journalist for Scotland's weekly newspaper of the year.. :P

3 minutes ago, anfieldsquirrel said:

Haha love it; well done Sam!

Sam says to Ashez.. "you don't have much experience in this journalism business"

Then you get me who is literally a full time journalist for Scotland's weekly newspaper of the year.. :P

Any tips for @Ashez?

WOW very chuffed to finish in the top four, but a long way off the other three

Big congrats to @samhardy an amazing score to once again win the qualifying round

@BatiGoal and @PriZe proved they are as big as their words in rounding off the top three (as if anyone would have picked a different 3)

Big shout to all the first timers getting through especially @Rocket and @Damilare for their excellent scores

@mcandrew003 unlucky dude, but next time we'll have an OME contest which I'm sure will see a lot of us EME players crash and burn

@AndersJ thanks for the vote of confidence dude, but there is still a long way to go, at the moment i feel like Huddersfield sat in 2nd in the EPL after 1 game, but soon reality will come crashing down when the big boys come to call

@Ashez great write up dude, edge of your seat stuff, and the interview with the ever cocky @samhardy (who deserves to be cocky to be fair) was one of the funniest things i've read this year

So looking forward to seeing the group draw and on to the next challenge 

Just now, Taff said:

Big shout to all the first timers getting through especially @Rocket and @Damilare for their excellent scores

Would try and continue with some more shocking results.... My tactics is ready to display its work.... 

2 minutes ago, Taff said:

WOW very chuffed to finish in the top four, but a long way off the other three

Big congrats to @samhardy an amazing score to once again win the qualifying round

@BatiGoal and @PriZe proved they are as big as their words in rounding off the top three (as if anyone would have picked a different 3)

@mcandrew003 unlucky dude, but next time we'll have an OME contest which I'm sure will see a lot of us EME players crash and burn

@AndersJ thanks for the vote of confidence dude, but there is still a long way to go, at the moment i feel like Huddersfield sat in 2nd in the EPL after 1 game, but soon reality will come crashing down when the big boys come to call

@Ashez great write up dude, edge of your seat stuff, and the interview with the ever cocky @samhardy (who deserves to be cocky to be fair) was one of the funniest things i've read this year

So looking forward to seeing the group draw and on to the next challenge 

I'd use my England tactic if we had an OME tournament, I'm pretty sure that'd cause a few upsets ;)

Just now, mcandrew003 said:

I'd use my England tactic if we had an OME tournament, I'm pretty sure that'd cause a few upsets ;)

We all look forward to the next OME CC (as long as FMM18 has the OME) ;)

Challenge Cup XI

Group stage draw

So we've had qualifying, the best have been separated from the rest and now it's time for the most unpredictable and exciting round of the tournament: the group stages. All 14 qualifiers have been seeded in correlation to qualifying performance; groups A+B will have 4 managers whilst groups C+D will be a fight to the death with only 3 managers in. The top two will qualify from each group and continue to the quarter-finals.

Group A

Taff
Damilare
Brenty92
Krenzar

We start with an intriguing looking group which features Welshman Taff who coped with the expectation he faced in the qualifying round ending up in 4th place and a top seed. Damilare put in a solid performance in qualifying and thoroughly deserved his second seed, and it will be fascinating to see who can pull through this group with Brenty92 clearly capable of getting through despite an average qualifying performance. Krenzar just scraped through in qualifying but will back himself to spring a surprise in his underdog role.

Group B

samhardy
Rocket
Risheek
Dianto Billy Nova

This is a remarkable group the way it panned out in the draw. The top seeds from each pot ended up drawn together in what looks on paper to be a fascinating group. Qualifying winner samhardy will start as the favourite for the group but second place could be extremely hotly contested with both Rocket and Risheek putting in impressive performances in the previous round. Dianto Billy Nova will clearly start as the outsider, but once again, should be capable of springing a surprise.

Group C

BatiGoal
anfieldsquirrel
AndersJ

It's clear to see that this group will be extremely tight with three great managers battling for two quarter final places. As expected BatiGoal put in his usual consistent performance in qualifying and qualified comfortably as a top seed in 2nd. anfieldsquirrel showed signs of rustiness in the previous round which will act as encouragement for AndersJ who ended up lucky to be in pot 3. Who will be finishing bottom of this group will be fascinating to see.

Group D

PriZe*
Real_Random
Ashez

Wow! Talk about a group of death... Ashez has been saying all along that this might be what he needs to really perform at his best in this tournament and it doesn't get much tougher than this. Reigning champion PriZe came a disappointing 3rd in qualifying but also started slowly last tournament and has struck up a rivalry with Ashez in the past which will be exciting to see continue. If that wasn't enough then last tournament semi finalist Real_Random thrown into the mix is a recipe for a truly stunning group. Group D promises to be a fight to the death; one of these big hitters will not be seeing the quarter finals.

Some fascinating groups there! Group D is gonna be a cracker to see unfold, Gonna be a tough job for me to get out of the group, bring on next challenge reveal!!

*tinfoil hat on* @samhardy clearly wants to see a contender be eliminated with creating group D:laugh: *tinfoil hat off* 

wow... what a group, for me this is weird.. i'm taking on my mentor @Ashez and the on who inspired me to be active on Vibe. One hell of a manager and more then capable to adjust to the EME all though he hates it. And @Real_Random, i am not to familiar with him, but one thing i do know is that he is as Real as you can get them and a serious challenge. Looking forward to this! May the best manager win <3

1 minute ago, Brenty92 said:

Some fascinating groups there! Group D is gonna be a cracker to see unfold, Gonna be a tough job for me to get out of the group, bring on next challenge reveal!!

Yeah.... Our group is tough but let's wait and see who moves to the next stage ;)... #readyforthechallenge

Some very interesting groups, and along with everyone else am looking forward to seeing how group D pans out, I know @Real_Random is a serious competitor and as a semi finalist from the previous CC I hope that @Ashez and @PriZe don't take him lightly, although that being said it's a hell of a group which ever way you look at it

I'm looking forward to getting on now and seeing where we end up good luck everyone except @Brenty92, @Damilare and @Krenzar I hope you crash and burn :P (but seriously good luck everyone)

10 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I have no words :O 

I know you hate the EME and all but I still think you have a strong chance, you made it though and now you will as ever rise to the challenge

5994577ce0fa0_download(1).jpg.d3ca27ad08ec5182e1219c41a10f6bb6.jpg

Haha, like I just said to Prize in private I'm happy with this group :). I look at this as a risk free shot to progress, if I go out so be it as I couldn't really go out to any better players haha. 

I still have no formation but I'm fresher with the engine which can only be a positive and I will take my time here. Tbh I always rush qualifying and I made a right mess of it this time but like Sam said now is when the tournament really starts! I knew I wouldn't win qualifying but now I have a first or second spot to fight for and my eyes are firmly on that target. If a fall on my face so be it haha. 

Best of luck to everyone :)