• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Challenge Cup XI

Challenge Cup XI

The Final

BatiGoal vs Samhardy

Results Show!

Welcome young and old as tonight you will be witnessing the final of Challenge Cup XI and what a final this turns out to be! Nineteen brave managers signed up for this tournament and now we're down to our final two as Samhardy and BatiGoal battle in the head to head of kings! By the time you've finished reading this post the latest Champion of Vibe will be crowned so sit back and witness history as I reveal the victor! Sam and BatiGoal have both been confident so far but Sam has been the most convincing of the two with BatiGoal scrapping through a couple of the previous rounds. However the second BatiGoal revealed his results were submitted the cracks in Sam's armour started to appear as I received a personal message with the clear signs of panic! Has our dynamic Dutchman got under Sam's skin? Will Sam complete a hat trick of final flops and gift BatiGoal the crown? This tie is on a knife edge and this reveal won't settle any nerves until the end! Ladies and gentlemen the final begins now! 

The Final Challenge Recap

Spoiler

The Nation-Locke challenge is one where you have to pair up two players of the same nationality and this pair can only play together. The pairing process depends on nationality and their position on the field as pairs have to be paired in a logical manor (GK+GK, CB+CB, RB+RCB, LB+RB etc). 

This challenge can be as hard or difficult as you make it depending on the nationalities you pick to use, however I've decided to take this decision away as you'll only be able to use nationalities which Vibe has reasons to celebrate! (Based on Hall Of Fame)

The Available Nationalities

England

Scotland

Holland

Brazil

Wales

Belgium 

Portugal

Canada

USA

Australia

France 

Republic Of Ireland

This list of twelve nations all have strong ties to Vibe and it's content creators and it will leave you with a base squad of twenty four players plus a wildcard pairing and any extra pairs you pick up. 

The Wildcard Bonus

AndersJ maybe disappointed to see Denmark not represented on my list of nations and that's for good reason! The bonus of this round will be Denmark's own Lasse Vibe! I've checked the previous Denmark challenge BatiGoal played and Vibe wasn't used thankfully! Vibe is a striker come winger so his partner will also be one of those roles but only Vibe will receive bonus points. The dilemma this leaves our players with is do they run with the bonus player and his partner or do they ignore him going for better players! This challenge is all about tough decision and personality! 

Points System

1. League Points 

2. +/- Goal difference 

3. Two points per cup round passed

4. Vibe will receive 1 bonus point per goal and 2 bonus points per assist 

The Rules

1. The pairs have to share a nationality.

2. You have to pair your players by logical positions. No CB+ST pairings etc. 

3 Both players in the pair have to be on the pitch at the same time. You don't have to substitute both though. 

4. If you have no pairs available for a match you will be forced to play a non-pair. 

5. Up to two pairs per nationality mentioned can be signed. If your RB/LB combo is English for example you can sign two sets of English fullbacks as back up but they must be paired. 

6. All your usual CC rules. 

7. Refer to the original challenge thread. Any questions just ask as I know this is a confusing challenge. 

Evidence Required

1. Manager Profile

2. League table

3. Evidence of cup progress

4. Nationality view of squad

5. Lasse Vibe's results

The Club 

Watford

The Results

Round One

The League

We'll start by looking at how our managers got on in the league during this challenge but we'll take it nice and slow so the suspense can build! 

Wins

Samhardy: 28

BatiGoal: 28 

Well would you look at that! The final starts off neck and neck as both our managers pick up 28 wins securing the Premier League trophy! 

Draws 

Samhardy: 7

BatiGoal:

BatiGoal suffers one less draw and at this point we know that means he suffered an extra defeat. 

Losses

Samhardy: 3

BatiGoal:

Sam pulls ever so slightly ahead after the results section of this update. 

Current Total

Samhardy: 91

BatiGoal: 90

How close is that! Almost identical seasons by this point but how much of a role could goal difference play? Let's take a look! 

Goal Difference

Samhardy: +62

BatiGoal: +44 

It's not disaster levels just yet but Sam takes a serious jump into the lead with a goal difference 18 goals better than BatiGoal. 

Current Total

Samhardy: 153

BatiGoal: 134 

At the end of the first round Sam has a lead of 19 points. 

Round Two

The Domestic Cups

League Cup

Samhardy: Semi Final 

BatiGoal: Winner

BatiGoal manages to claim the cup double with Watford as he pulls a couple points back from Sam. 

The FA Cup

Samhardy: Winner

BatiGoal: Semi Final

However the FA Cup sees the roles reversed with Samhardy completing his cup double on this occasion. 

Current Total

Samhardy: 173

BatiGoal: 154

After the second round our manages find themselves in the same position as BatiGoal is still 19 points behind. Heading into the final round BatiGoal needs to find an extra few points from his wildcard to stand any chance! 

The Final Round

The Wildcard

In this challenge I gave the managers an optional wildcard and it was up to them if they decided he was worth using or not. As expected neither manager fell for my sneaky trick as they both decide Vibe was worth using. Potentially good news for BatiGoal as he has a lead to hunt down but the fact Sam also decided to use Vibe just adds to the pressure. 

Lasse Vibe Assists

Samhardy: 28

BatiGoal: 34 

BatiGoal manages to take a lead in this second last round! With assists being worth double points BatiGoal picks up a massive 12 extra points to eat into Sam's lead! 

Current Total

Samhardy: 229

BatiGoal: 222

Oh my Mansfield! This is incredible! Heading into the final round we have Sam in the lead by a mere 7 points! It all comes down to the goals Vibe managed to score for these managers! BatiGoal needs to score 7 more goals than Samhardy or our next Challenge Cup Champion is the Englishman! 

How....Tense....Is....This!!! 

Lasse Vibe Goals

I'm just giddy with excitement! 

Like what a perfect final this is? 

Okay, okay. The results are in. 

BatiGoal: 15

BatiGoal needs Sam's version of Vibe to have scored under 8 goals. It seems unlikely but if Sam used Vibe as a back up or he was injured the Dutchman has a chance. Let's find out! 

Samhardy: 2

Vibe scores 27 goals for Sam to place the crown firmly on his head! 

Final Scores

Samhardy: 256

BatiGoal: 237

Congratulations to Samhardy your neeeeeew FMMVibe Challenge Cup XI champion! It took him three attempts but he's finally crossed the line to achieve this wonderful goal! Commiserations to BatiGoal who battled just as hard as we expected in this extremely close encounter! I was jumping in my chair as I scrambled to check Sam's score as I knew it was tight!

I'm sure we'll hear more from our winner and our runner up in the coming days but for now I bid you farewell! Before I go however I want to thank all the viewers and competitors who made this as enjoyable as it was! Thank you all!

Wow! Unbelievable stuff and what a final. Delighted the curse is finally broken :D Thanks to @BatiGoal for a brilliantly tense final and to all the other managers who fought so hard to make this such a great competition. Also thanks to @Ashez for hosting this with me and for the brilliant writeup.

Glad lightning doesn't strike three times! Hope you've kept the throne warm @PriZe and congrats on being such a great champion.

WOW!!!!! 

What a final that was, obviously a huge commiserations to @BatiGoal, you fought hard every round and you are a true Vibe legend there's no doubt there dude

but huge congrats to @samhardy you topped every round and are a thoroughly deserving winner

to Sam and @Ashez, thank you both for hosting and bringing this awesome tournament together.  It was an honour to participate and just be a part of this

next CC I hope two less develish people host because I can't handle anymore of your challenges 

bring on FMM 18 and CC XII

Thanks for the kind words lads but it's not me you should be praising, the update was only "so good" due to the results I had to work with. Sam and BatiGoal played superbly and made this easy to write! 

Tbh that goes for the entire experience as this has been an absolute pleasure to co host. You've all been ace to deal with and helped make this run smoothly and be an experience the entire site can enjoy. Things like this make me so proud of Vibe and not due to my involvement but due to how mature this site is. The banter hasn't crossed the line and it's all been in good fun which is pretty amazing when you consider it's 19 ego driven males in a competitive environment lol. 

I'm not gunna lie this is a lot of work, I actually forgot how much time this event takes to run so I'm delighted I had Sam to halve the load. Our CC only PM is at like 500 messages! That's mental haha. Yet with every update and reveal it was all worth while as the enjoyment and passion you guys had for this event shows so clearly. Seeing the online list around a reveal/update and seeing everyone involved making sure they were here was ace! My only disappointment is my performance but I can take that on the chin ;)

So thanks again for everything and especially to Sam for pestering me for most of the year to run this with him! It's been a real blast! It hurts me to say it but I suppose I'm also happy he finally managed to get a win in his own tournament, he still can't conquer the 1kc though :P

Bring on CC 12 next year! Hopefully the game gives us some new toys to have fun with! 

Nooooooooo!!!! :'(:'(:laugh:

Should I retreat at my local temple for the next 2 years or revert back to my drinking days!! Oh wait, I do that everyday already lol

What a fight @samhardy looking back at our points our wildcards actually scored the same # points too 83 vs 83 insane!!, league 91 vs 90, Cups 20 vs 20 then you beat me on GD 62 vs 44. Can't say I didn't give my best shot so I'm happy. And I'm glad it's you that won, Sam, you worthless piece of manager you are, losing the CC final on so many occasions!!! Is it my turn to lose finals now? Have you transfered the curse onto me now? LOL :)

@Ashez and Sam, great tournament guys. We couldn't have had two better hosts. It take time and lots of effort but I think the community gave back a lot too with the love and support. Couldn't be a prouder loser.. I mean runner-up ;) so that makes me the CC Vice-Champion, right? Hehe!

Cheers everyone, was a blast!

4 hours ago, samhardy said:

As the man who started the curse @Scott I'm glad to hear it's been passed on. Watch out @BatiGoal :O

Thanks for all the congrats :)

@Ashez you bully, .. thanks a million for that 2...

lil teaser.. It felt as if I had scored the winning goal in the World Cup final, sprinted to my loyal fans behind the goal, threw my shirt into the screaming crowd, just to notice minutes later the off-side flag had gone up :(

@PriZe is your retirement official now?

@Taff will we meet for a 3rd consecutive time next CC? lol

@samhardy how's the tiara sitting on your big head? :P

12 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

lil teaser.. It felt as if I had scored the winning goal in the World Cup final, sprinted to my loyal fans behind the goal, threw my shirt into the screaming crowd, just to notice minutes later the off-side flag had gone up :(

Lmao! Did anyone actually fall for that? 

18 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Who can say, maybe yes maybe no

Nice, it took me a while to work out how to post it in a suspenseful way so I'm happy it worked out :). 

Imagine if a wildcard only scored two goals lmao. I thought it was so low people wouldn't fall for it. 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Imagine if a wildcard only scored two goals lmao. I thought it was so low people wouldn't fall for it. 

I kinda fell for it then I thought their was no way he only scored 2 goals for BG!

Interviewing The Champion!

While Sam is never shy to voice his opinion I decided it was only fair I interviewed your latest Challenge Cup Champion! 

The obvious question is how does it feel to finally have your name on the Cup after two failed finals? 

It is more a feeling of relief than anything else to finally get over the line. The curse put on by Scott has been there since 2012 so I'm delighted it's been lifted and now passed on to BatiGoal. I'm undecided whether to do a Rosberg like what PriZe nearly did and call it a day on my CC career after this glory!

I noticed some clear doubt in your mind once you knew BatiGoal's score was submitted but how worried were you? Had your previous failures got in your head for example?

Well, I guess he's good at the talking side of things.. You have to be good at something right? I thought I'd drawn too many games and the ridiculous way Ashez was banging on I assumed it was a tie and I'd lose on league points.

Any words for the runner up?

Whilst there may have been a lot of banter going on throughout the tournament it would be impossible for me not to respect him after that epic final. Good luck breaking this curse, mate, and in the meantime I'll keep the throne warm ;)

During a previous interview you mentioned a new found love of a mystery player, do you wish to inform your loyal fans about this discovery?

Yeah, after coming out victorious I received an abusive message from our runner up however the one he should be hating on is the new love of my FMM life Harvey Barnes. He was only used off the bench and still managed to bag over 20 goals. Last minute winners. Hat tricks. Assists. He basically won the CC for me. Hero.

He indeed sounds like a talent! Do you have any future plans for this player?

Nice question, considering you already know the answer. All I'll say is that Harvey has helped me break one curse and now he'll be trying to help me break another. Let's see how many know what I'm talking about :O Alternatively you could just watch out for a certain career making an appearance on the forum soon.

Now the cup has come to an end do you have any favourite moments you'd like to mention? Favourite interactions, challenges and so on.

I enjoyed the whole thing! The buzz around this tournament made it one of the most intense in recent memory. It'll be pretty hard to forget the semi final challenge that got everyone sacked, or the constant banter between myself and the two overrated Dutchmen. Taff, as ever, spiced things up with his scarily large collection of gifs and memes however his semi final performance wasn't his finest hour.

Amazingly this CC has become the most commented thread of the year! The previous edition also hit impressive numbers so with the CC being your baby how does this make you feel?

I'm both very humbled and surprised by the activity this version of the CC has produced especially during the time of year it is when vibe is usually quiet. So thank you to all the viewers, commenters, participants and my co-host Ashez for helping me run this so smoothly. Whether you only commented once or made the quarter finals it's all very much appreciated.

Talking about the previous edition it is worth mentioning that was won by PriZe. Is there any plans for a Cup unification battle to see who comes out on top? Or will this battle be saved for CC 12?

That does sound interesting. I think I'll leave the ball in his court for the time being but if the demand from vibe is there then I'm sure a H2H could be arranged. Maybe in FMM18... If he hasn't disappeared!

Now a final word from your Challenge Cup XI Champion! 

There isn't a lot more to say than I haven't said already! Very grateful to have finally won the tournament especially in the most commented on one of all time. I've thoroughly enjoyed hosting this and with the outstanding community we have here it's a pleasure to bring events like this to vibe. Thanks to everyone and long live Harvey Barnes <3

I believe that brings this Challenge Cup to an end! Once again thank you to everyone who made this possible and we'll see you soon! 

The Road To Challenge Cup XII Starts Now!