Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe Site Upgrade

Putzy

1 minute ago, Putzy said:

I have the power. ;)

:laugh: Hopefully it's not just me being stupid, but it used to work and now it doesn't. It's been like it for a few days but thought it was normal.

I just wanted to say I love the reaction feature, for such a simple addition I think it's brilliant. Finding so many uses for it! 

6 hours ago, Ashez said:

I just wanted to say I love the reaction feature, for such a simple addition I think it's brilliant. Finding so many uses for it! 

Yeah, it's a small but fantastic addition! Got any suggestions for any other reactions you'd like to see?

FYI with the 2018 forum being made and added to the shortcut bar above, the 2016 forum is now kind of on its own - not part of the "previous games" consolidation forum and not on the shortcut anywhere.  Doesn't really matter either way but figured I'd mention it since so many things are all changing at once.

2016 forum is still getting activity, so we didn't feel it was right to merge it into the Previous Games forum quite yet. Of course, one of the limitations of the previous games forum is that we lose the tags, and there is some valuable content still in there.... We're thinking about it. ;)

Saying that, it doesn't need to be on the shortcut bar - you can access it from Community Home if you need to, so it's not totally hidden. :)

Losing the forum structure of the older years is something that's always really irritated me. It makes looking back a nightmare unless you know the title and that's the sites legacy all hidden away and messy. Maybe most people don't look back at older content but I can't blame them for not bothering now :P. Tbh I'm not a fan of the departure from the forum structure at all though as while the tag concept is somewhat cool it's nowhere near as clean as a forum, like the tag is just the search bar results and it has older years mixed in and I just hate it lol, IMO the old forum view was so much cleaner. I've grown to get used to it but the forums were more organised, cleaner, easier to navigate/view/understand and IMO just a better system. I know why the changes were made as I was involved in the discussions but I never agreed with it :P 

I do agree. It's a lot easier for newer members to just "get in and post", but in general a bit messier to find things and browse. I'm working on a few things in the background which means we *might* be trialling a slightly amended system for the FMM18 game year which will be a hybrid of the old forum and current tag systems.

I don't have much more information yet, but it's something I'm hoping to be able to test soon, and will give more information about it when I can. :)

Recent homepage changes are all coded by @Putzy, he's doing a great job! :celebrate:

I only provided him with static mockups and ideas after having certain chocolate snacks :laugh:
More ideas are lined up for further enhancements in the coming days/weeks.