Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe Site Upgrade

Putzy

Hi all,

We've just upgraded the site to the latest version of the software. You may see some small differences to the design of the place, but nothing substantial should be different. If you notice anything broken that we've potentially missed, please let us know in this topic and it'll get fixed ASAP!

We'll have another few changes coming this afternoon, tomorrow, and over the next few weekends as we finalise all the upgrades of our components including a brand new skin written from the ground up to be quicker and better fitting on mobile devices. We'll have all of this done before the release of FMM18, whenever that is......

If you have any suggestions or ideas for the site's functionality going forward, then now really is the best time for you to voice them! 

Is it safe to be posting stuff? I remember one upgrade a few years ago lost a load of posts that's all lol. I back my updates up until I write the next one so not an issue but asking for others etc

Only briefly looked but it's looking nice :) 

There are no major UI changes at this point, we're working on unleashing some of them later today. Further refinements will follow in the next few weeks.

Yes, it's safe to be posting stuff. Whatever mistakes happened in the past is highly unlikely to happen again :)

Sound, cheers :)

Dunno if it's my rubbish internet not loading it, if it's been removed or if it's a bug but the +1/like icon has vanished :P 

7 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Dunno if it's my rubbish internet not loading it, if it's been removed or if it's a bug but the +1/like icon has vanished :P 

I noticed that too actually

Thanks all.

53 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

One thing I did notice is that in my PM with @Brenty92 the 'managing' box drops down into the actual message. Only thing though.

Ok, that should be a simple fix.....

44 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Is it safe to be posting stuff? I remember one upgrade a few years ago lost a load of posts that's all lol. I back my updates up until I write the next one so not an issue but asking for others etc

Only briefly looked but it's looking nice :) 

Yeah, it's definitely safe to be posting stuff. As Stam said, the same issue is very unlikely to happen again, we've got better upgrade procedures in place so that we don't have lots of downtime anymore - it just means we have to deal with a few small issues like the like button missing and similar things. :) 

31 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Indeed, that is a bug. Looks like something similar to what Kyle said that the component needs to be upgraded for this version that I missed. Will get it sorted.

(y) 

1 hour ago, Putzy said:

Ah, good find. (I don't often use the topic pages...)

Will get that changed on the next skin version. :)

How do you check the site if you don't use the main forum pages? :O

So that screenshot was on my computer. He more it is on the phone. 

image.thumb.png.b4370e55ccbb6bfd770a6c1d839d9897.png

Same thing with the thread font size on mobile. Also note how the poster name is on the same line as the second line of page #s. 

New skin is now active. It's familiar in layout, but a lot lighter in customisations and should be a lot faster and clearer to find things.

Please, please please let me know any problems you see. :)

Is the blue bar meant to be so big, looks kinda odd but everything else looks real slick, nice work. 

One suggestion I'd like to put forward for the top bar area would be a "view latest post" shortcut/icon. That would save me so many clicks on a daily basis alone. I never go through the forums and I use view latest posts all the time to see what's new and to get around the site so anyway to do that without the three side bar clicks would be ace. 

@Ashez Great catch. Will get that fixed today. I like your idea for the new posts button, but space is already tight. Will see what I can do. :)

@veerus Yeah, removing that was a difficult choice. It noticeably makes the page load faster, scroll faster, and work faster, but obviously loses functionality. I'll keep an eye on this and see if there is another option for it. :)

-----------------

Edit: @Ashez - Should be fixed now.

While I'm requesting stuff I may as well ask for something I've requested for years which is a PM counter/icon. The amount of times I've had multiple PM's, responded to one thus clearing the notification only to forget I have other PMs is annoying.