Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe Site Upgrade

Putzy

1 minute ago, Putzy said:

Some more reactions have been added to the favourites icon. 

Update looks amazing so far, great work! Kind of annoying how scrolling up whilst on my phone doesn't bring up the notifications bar but that's more down to being lazy ? 

Just now, Brenty92 said:

Update looks amazing so far, great work! Kind of annoying how scrolling up whilst on my phone doesn't bring up the notifications bar but that's more down to being lazy ? 

That's the next thing I'm working to add back. :)

I don't blame you  I'm still playing around with how best to use them in the long term. Right now, reactions have 2 states - favourites, and reactions (yeah, I know... I don't make the terminology).

Favourites behave exactly like before, you get a +1 and that contributes to your Vibe level. All the other reactions are neutral, and won't increment your score, but are simply there for another user to show their appreciation. 

I need to work on the displaying of the reactions for sure, I don't want to just display the reactions with numbers as they then look like lost emoticons. It's gonna be a bit of a bumpy ride until we get this ironed out. :)

13 minutes ago, Putzy said:

Yes, analytics have been removed. I'll be working on a better system in the near future. :)

Ok thought I was going mad:laugh:

Good to hear its going to be improved. Sorry should of added that the changes overall have been really positive and the site looks great.

I will be upgrading the levelling algorithm this evening to a new version. We'll have a few minutes of downtime as I switch over the versions.

A few members might notice your level either increase or decrease by a few levels. Both are possible due to bugs in the previous calculations, content that has since been deleted, and where favourites have not been correctly attributed to the right users over time. :)

2 hours ago, Putzy said:

Upgrade is complete. A few little things for me to fix, but nothing that will impact the site any longer. :) 

Well it boosted me 2 levels so I'm happy lol, All looks amazing mate great work!

So it looks like I leveled at some point in the last day or so but didn't get a notification.  Is that because of the upgrade instead of the standard way of leveling up?

I mean I thought it was a bug until I noticed that you did the upgrade that would affect the leveling formula so I am assuming the notification didn't get triggered during the upgrade process.

12 hours ago, veerus said:

I mean I thought it was a bug until I noticed that you did the upgrade that would affect the leveling formula so I am assuming the notification didn't get triggered during the upgrade process.

Yeah, having looked into it, it does seems like that is the case. :)

No notifications we're triggered during the upgrade (as intended), and you were one of the few who did change level during the upgrade. 

PM's don't seem to be working, at least when trying to create new ones. It says that the receivers can't receive messages even though there is still room in the inbox.

Here's the example @Damilare gave earlier on, I've just tried and get the same error message

Screenshot_2017-08-14-08-23-18.png

23 minutes ago, samhardy said:

PM's don't seem to be working, at least when trying to create new ones. It says that the receivers can't receive messages even though there is still room in the inbox.

Here's the example @Damilare gave earlier on, I've just tried and get the same error message

Screenshot_2017-08-14-08-23-18.png

Don't @, just type the name.

Just now, samhardy said:

My inbox definitely wasn't full when he tried to send me that, I've also tried myself with and without the @

Strange. I just tried it to Kyle, Ash and Ash and yourself and all worked fine. Only thing I can think of in terms of user error is if you aren't clicking the name from the drop down.

The @ shouldn't be there though at all and this may cause issues. But if there's an error without it could be a bug. Maybe one with Android?