Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Post-Game Match Reports

I'm not one who pays overly much attention to such reports tbh but I do like to have a look at these now and again. It's a nice "newety" reading the goods and bads of what we've just witnessed. Sometimes I agree with the reports, sometimes I don't. There's not a whole lot of info to gain from it other than this is good and that is bad. Changing absolutely zero and things go better the next game, so we gain little anyway.

I usually get about 5-8 positives and a couple negatives, if at all, but I've been getting a lot more positives lately. Surprised me tbh..8 became 10...then 12..most recently even 14!! so I was just wondering if any of you got this many +'s on your match reports as well. What's the most you've ever gotten? Curious minds want to know :)

14 +'s

YcfHJTs.png

(I blended the two screenshots for easier view)

Lol that's almost all the possible ones in a single match.

I've never counted but most I've seen is about 7-8 in my United test save. 

I had abt 10 at once before but that was juz 1 time HAHAHAH but tbh, these comments are not very helpful cos they nvr actually tell us wad we nd to improve on in future matches. They dun suggest wad instructions we shld set or tactics to say retain the defensive shape better. I can use the same tactics and same players against opponents of similar standards and tactics but comments can be very different. So i think there nds to be some sort of improvements in this area. Juz my thoughts, may sound like bs to yall. Do criticize me or change my opinion if possible!

21 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

Is that your next big career??

Nope :)

12 minutes ago, salohcin said:

I had abt 10 at once before but that was juz 1 time HAHAHAH but tbh, these comments are not very helpful cos they nvr actually tell us wad we nd to improve on in future matches. They dun suggest wad instructions we shld set or tactics to say retain the defensive shape better. I can use the same tactics and same players against opponents of similar standards and tactics but comments can be very different. So i think there nds to be some sort of improvements in this area. Juz my thoughts, may sound like bs to yall. Do criticize me or change my opinion if possible!

No mate, I agree. My sentiments exactly. I'm pretty sure the reason we don't get "solutions" is because SI don't know it themselves. But the obvious reason is of course because the game would become far too easy that way. Afterall, we are the managers so we are the ones who need to come up with potential solutions, makes sense.

But I just question the accuracy of such match reports. They can be incredibly misleading too. Perhaps it's all down to how we approach it. I wouldn't worry about the odd negative unless maybe I see the exact same one recurring every few games.

I actually find those messages very useful and hope SI do more of them (especially since watching the highlights doesn't usually help with identifying problems on the pitch).  You just have to realize two important things about what those messages tell you:

1. They're often dependent on the opponent's formation (this is why it's hard for SI to generate canned auto suggestions)
  2. Consistent negative messages indicate areas to try and improve.  Positive messages mean don't mess with it!

Now, some are completely useless.  Most of the useless ones are player-specific messages about being good/bad in the air which you can do nothing about, or stuff like "clinical finishing" which just means you got a couple lucky goals and likely over-performed Expected Goals (xG).  But there are others that are worth paying attention to.  A few examples:

• Wingers were a real threat or maintained good width - just what it means - your wingers are performing well so you should concentrate on improving other areas of the pitch
  • Wingers failed to track back - this one is a bit weird because you will sometimes see this message during poor games and there's nothing you can do about it; but if you keep seeing it often then this indicates a major problem with your formation and/or wide players
  • Attacking midfielders got into the box frequently - I love this one as it's usually an indication of your attack really clicking
  • Lack of goal threat from attacking midfielders - converse of the previous message -  your AMs aren't getting service and you need to figure out a way to get them into the game because your team is failing to generate good chances ("moves broke down in the final third" or "striker didn't test GK" also fit in this category)
  • Conceded few clear-cut-chances - another one of my favorites.  Most managers are offensive minded and most popular tactics on this site are built on scoring a lot of goals.  I focus on defense first and those of you who have followed my El Ejido career know, I've enjoyed good defensive success with 2xDLP midfields (I started playing again btw, so update coming soon!) so seeing "conceded few CCC" messages makes me very happy
  • Midfield retained possession OR midfield failed to retain possession / lack of steel in midfield / midfield too open without the ball - self explanatory but the negative messages mean that you need to consider bolstering your midfield (by probably bringing another player into it or trying to get better players if you're slumming it in the lower leagues)

Good points @veerus you're probably right in that those reports 'can' be more useful than the actual highlights. As you say tho, as long as we don't make rash decisions, tweaking tactics, benching players etc based on a single bad game or comment.

I guess it works much the same the reverse way. A couple good games doesn't make a great formation/tactic just as one or two bad games don't break one. It's essential to keep that in the back of the mind when experimenting/looking for the next best thing.

Well, I guess the challenge is now getting 15 or more. :)

Great chat question, i dont really bother, but i believe it is trying to teach us something at least :)! I normally get 15 positives in average when i play.....???

I wish I was getting that many positives! Generally if I'm getting results I don't pay much attention to them. If results aren't positive I will look and try to make changes based on them although I do get worried making to many changes in one go

3 hours ago, samhardy said:

Only you could win 6-0 and then precede to moan about the positives in the match report :P

That's the perfectionist in me :)

I never look at these but I haven't seen half the ones you've got there haha. 

Seeing this information at half time instead of the scores would be a better use of the loading screens. By FT the information is largely irrelevant and just confuses people from my experience. It breeds constant tinkering yet doesn't tell you how to sort the issues/what is a one off and we all know in FMM real life knowledge will only take you so far. Tbh it's a feature i really don't care for that frustrates me more than anything. When it was introduced I tried to work with them but I just got extremely frustrated with them so I grew to ignore them, like most things within the game haha. 

18 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

I won 7-0 and only got 8 :@

Which translates to a bad performance with 7 lucky goals :)

17 hours ago, Jeroenvk94 said:

I like to play as a real tactician, which is really tough in this game.

I used to do the same. One thing I did was looking ahead at the next opponent(s). Say I'm facing Spurs next game week I'd keep an eye on their performance in this game week. If they won I'd play a different tactic to their opponent's. If they lost I'd adopt opponent's formation.

Decent success rate but I did it mainly because it was just a fun thing to do treating FMM as if it were the 'real' thing. Now I'm too lazy to do that.

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Which translates to a bad performance with 7 lucky goals :)

I used to do the same. One thing I did was looking ahead at the next opponent(s). Say I'm facing Spurs next game week I'd keep an eye on their performance in this game week. If they won I'd play a different tactic to their opponent's. If they lost I'd adopt opponent's formation.

Decent success rate but I did it mainly because it was just a fun thing to do treating FMM as if it were the 'real' thing. Now I'm too lazy to do that.

And point is, FMM punishes you for playing 'real'. Play 2 defenders and 6 strikers and you'll be unbeaten in all competitions ?