Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Mason Attempts the Unemployment Challenge

As posted by @mcandrew003 I will be taking on the unemployment challenge! The rules are all listed on his page! I'm very excited to attempt this, as I love building my reputation up from a low level and also playing in the lower leagues. A tough challenge never scared this patriot away! So let's get started!

Season One

IMG_2287.thumb.PNG.c37c235254f151b012a20588d763436b.PNG

A battle tested fallen star looks for his first job. Playing came naturally before the injuries, so picking up on managing shouldn't be too hard either. As a self-proclaimed tactical genius, the once legend has a few brand new tricks up his sleeve to fool the leagues. So where would he end up? With an official gold training badge in fitness, ironically, he is a valuable option for any of the low league Italian clubs that he is choosing to start a career in. IMG_2288.thumb.PNG.483ebdbb01f58d815b5f2020586979c3.PNG

In an odd turn of events, the Ivory Coast national team offered him the job despite never managing a single game in his career. As shocked as he is, he knows it would be foolish to decline it, as it'll help his reputation, so he is now a manager of the Ivory Coast! However, while helping managing the Ivorians through an easy African nations qualifier, no jobs came up. He waited patiently for his opportunity. Suddenly, on November 27th, it happened. IMG_2289.thumb.PNG.5f832d6d5f5f185c526f4ea9bf06a8ff.PNG

It certainly wasn't the most glamorous job, but it would have to do for now. IMG_2290.thumb.PNG.9cb58393d1a81ef7864e7764564b963a.PNG

First order of business, check out the team!IMG_2291.thumb.PNG.9feef1bb253807f8af750f81b835efff.PNG

A very generous opening budget, with plenty of wiggle room in the wage bill! Possibilities are bountiful. As for the playersIMG_2292.thumb.PNG.63cce8cf704f898b167e6d1ae7bd44b9.PNG

A talented, youthful bunch of players with low wages. The perfect scenario for a rookie manager. Mason smiled, as this is the job for him

The game seems kinda broken this year, those African Nations are so desperate for managers they'll give you 3 offers every month for the job if you are unemployed, even with no managerial experience. Wish there was a response to say '"F*ck off".

18 hours ago, Fish18ish said:

The game seems kinda broken this year, those African Nations are so desperate for managers they'll give you 3 offers every month for the job if you are unemployed, even with no managerial experience. Wish there was a response to say '"F*ck off".

Normally it bothers me, but I don't mind in a challenge about winning as many cups and improving your reputation as quickly as possible

The new manager knew he needed to be creative and different to achieve promotion with the mid-table team, so he turned back to the seldom used formation known as the "trimond" that was a favorite of his in his youth daysIMG_2312.thumb.PNG.09f26acdd50cc5af8041a4236637f6f0.PNGThe formation allows for a complete rush on one side of the field, while also having 5 capable defenders. The formation focuses on mixed passing, strong defense, and pacy outside players. The formation had never failed him before, no reason for it to stop now! After adjusting the staff around and sending the scouts on their first reports before the January window, Mason felt proud of the team and hopeful of what could be. This team could certainly achieve promotion, and could serve as a good stepping stone for his promising career