Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Kylian instinct - a 1k challenge

georges

7 hours ago, salohcin said:

Solid season there mate! Mbappe is really picking up fast, beating the goal per game ratio already! Personally, i always leave the primary attacker option on when doing individual challenges cos the ball will always end up with him. So nothing to lose i guess

That's what I thought, but he wasn't scoring as much as I would expect so I watched some matches with extended highlights and pitch view and the ball just wasn't getting to him. That's why I decided to try it without him being the primary attacker. Didn't see much of a difference to be honest.

added 0 minutes later
3 hours ago, MerlionMaple96 said:

Going steady. KIU :).

I'm sorry, but I don't know what KIU means. :)

Yeah, that's a better season and like Taff says, he'll be scoring more once he gets to 25-26, so it's looking good to me! KIU (you'll hear that a lot around here ? )

Welp, another average season from Mbappe, scoring only 45 in 50.

9O12vH9.png

I don't think he ever scored in more than 3 matches in a row. Had some injury problems this season with him as well as the rest of the team, but I still feel like he (we) should be doing better. It's all the more more surprising, considering we dominated (almost) every competition.

WObW5de.png

Barcelona knocked us out of the Champions cup by one goal. We battered them in the second leg, racking up double figures in shots on target, but just couldn't score so the match ended 0-0.

I took a closer look at some matches and it seemed like Mbappe is taking most of the shots, just couldn't score even if his life depended on it. Gives some hope for the future, I guess. Just 741 to go. :)

It's not too bad actually, still consider it a job well done considering he played less games and injuries have certainly taken the momentum off him. Not to worry so much, i have done the math. If he can play till ard 40, he just needs to average 50 goals, which shld be manageable unless he gets a long term injury. 

KIU!

Once again, not a bad season and he will start scoring more as he gets a little older, but probably want higher than than by now. What formation and tactics are you using these days? I still think he'll make it, but might be worth revisiting things like tactics.

4 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Once again, not a bad season and he will start scoring more as he gets a little older, but probably want higher than than by now. What formation and tactics are you using these days? I still think he'll make it, but might be worth revisiting things like tactics.

Usually 4321 with dlp cm apm in the middle and a winger and an apm on the wings. Attacking+short, offside trap+pressing.

Sometimes I switch to balanced mentality and/or play a 4231, but the above is my default setting. None of the things I tried brought me more goals so I always come back to that 

I think I do create a decent amount of chances and he does take most of them, the only problem so far seems to be converting them.

No reason to panic yet, but if he doesn't start converting them soon we might be in for an epic fail. :)

Hmm, can't see anything wrong with that formation, very similar to what I use. You could try Direct to get the ball into him quicker, but it seems to depend on the striker whether that works or not (Armstrong scored more that way, but Colidio seems to like short passing more). 

You've got him set as Primary Attacker?

If it's just that he's not converting them, then hopefully that will improve with age. The only thing I've found with conversion is giving him a rest. Sometime you can see it in the highlights - at the start of the season the shots fairly scorch their way in, after a few months of constant play they are half hearted lacklustre shots. If that's happening, you need to rest him for a while (at least a few games, maybe more) which is really hard to do. 

8 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Hmm, can't see anything wrong with that formation, very similar to what I use. You could try Direct to get the ball into him quicker, but it seems to depend on the striker whether that works or not (Armstrong scored more that way, but Colidio seems to like short passing more). 

You've got him set as Primary Attacker?

If it's just that he's not converting them, then hopefully that will improve with age. The only thing I've found with conversion is giving him a rest. Sometime you can see it in the highlights - at the start of the season the shots fairly scorch their way in, after a few months of constant play they are half hearted lacklustre shots. If that's happening, you need to rest him for a while (at least a few games, maybe more) which is really hard to do. 

He is my Primary attacker, yes. Haven't noticed any type of passing to work better, but to be honest I didn't play direct enough to have more than just a feeling. We'll see about the rest.

Edit: He does seem to start strong (e. g. when returning from a minor injury or just being given a rest) and then fade away a bit.

Edited by georges
15 hours ago, georges said:

He does seem to start strong (e. g. when returning from a minor injury or just being given a rest) and then fade away a bit.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. I think they all do that (at least my strikers have), though it doesn't seem to be 100% reliable (sometimes they come back stronger than other times). It's really hard to give them time off, but worth playing around with. Anyway, good luck! Let us know how it goes. 

End of season 7: we finally hit 60. But only just.

JPIs9Vq.png

Had 2 minor injuries which sidelined him for 2-3 weeks, came back stronger than ever after the second one in january / february. Less games played, more goals scored, guess that's something to be optimistic about. He turned 24 this season so it's now or never really. Only 681 more. :) 

In other news, we won everything except the CDDL, where nice knocked us out. They're my bogey team, every season they give me some kind of trouble.

FLwB8iZ.png

We are slowly coming towards a transition phase where most of the team is in their prime but closing in on their 30th birthday so I have been looking for replacements this past couple of seasons. It's been hit and miss, but sadly mostly miss. :) CD and AM positions are settled, I'm having some trouble finding adequate WBs and CMs though.

KIU dude, he's doing well despite the injuries

For WB's look at Amvi (who was at Villa as he's a decent cheap option) but then you have players like Douglas Costa, Hernandez, Felix Passlack and Hector Bellerin, but these guys will cost you

But all have played well for me in the past especially Costa and Hernandez on the Left, they provided but loads of assists in my 1K with Buitink

9 hours ago, Taff said:

KIU dude, he's doing well despite the injuries

For WB's look at Amvi (who was at Villa as he's a decent cheap option) but then you have players like Douglas Costa, Hernandez, Felix Passlack and Hector Bellerin, but these guys will cost you

But all have played well for me in the past especially Costa and Hernandez on the Left, they provided but loads of assists in my 1K with Buitink

About that... Do you judge your players performances on their numbers?

What I mean is, while Sidibe and Mendy have similar skills, sidibe usually gets close to 10 assists per season and Mendy about half his number. Do I consider replacing him in order to get better numbers or do I assume he does other good things for our gameplay that aren't represented by assists?

Another example is Lemar, who despite having amazing skills doesn't really score or assist enough. This is my second save with him and he doesn't offer much in either of them. Even his overall rating is barely above 7, while most of the team is at about 7.5. Granted, he usually plays winger and they tend to get lower numbers than IFs and APs in my experience, but still.

I usually sell a player when I'm not satisfied with his skills and/or his overall ratings falls below 7, usually the latter. Very rarely do I look at the assists provided. I just assume the team is playing better because of him even if it's not quantified (think Modrić).

I think at their peaks Hernandez and Costa were avg 30 assists a season you can look through say season 5-15 in my Buitink save 

as for wingers, they haven’t been great for years, they have the odd good game but considering I use a 442 with a TM wingers are a big part of my game but struggle to find solid ones, if he’s still about try Antonio from West Ham a great RW

Great season mate! Shame about the injuries, but the goal to game ratio is encouraging. Definitely going the right way.

When picking players, I generally focus on assists, etc. You can't do that for every midfield position, but I try to! Basically I don't mind of they score a few against us, but when we have the ball I want to be a genius pass away from scoring.. Can't say whether that's the right way or the wrong way, but that's what I do.

Guys, I think this challenge just died.

Mbappe just got a 2 months injury in a match vs bordeaux after having already recovered from a few days injury meaning he missed a couple of matches and having a bad start to the season, scoring only 4 in 7.

I think this kills it for me, with the new version being out I don't have the will to continue this challenge. Also, I hate the international breaks, half my first team comes back tired.

I tried to upload the screenshot but my tablet didn't let me. Think it's time for the SAF challenge on fmm18 now.

Oh man, that's a shame, but I understand. I've certainly killed saves when they weren't right for me. And I understand the pull of 2018 - I bought it the first hour it came out and it's sitting there....

That said, 2018 seems to have lots of bugs still, so I'm happy to keep going with my 2017 1KC - hopefully all the bugs will be gone by the time I finish that.

Anyway, do what you need to and I look forward to reading your careers in future! ?