FMM Vibe
Risheek

Whom does FMM reckon as the best Barcelona acquisition

Whom does FMM reckon as the best Barcelona acquisition

download.jpg.9901ede6fdb49db5738bc27b0c373fd3.jpg

A £200 million transfer is not ordinary. Paris St Germain are rejoicing because they now have a crock of gold - jersey sales, more ticket sales during home games, more sponsors who want to associate with their new Brazilian magician.

And, roughly 1000 km away, Barcelona have their biggest concern to address - getting a replacement for Neymar, who can play alongside Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez. After all, someone has to complete this trio.

In the recent times, there hasn’t been a shortage of rumours as to the man who can be the replacement. In this article, I use the help of FMM to find out who the game reckons as the best signing for Barca at the moment!

Would just like to mention that Neymar was sold to Bayern in all the simulations carried out.

Paulo Dybala

598c30b9cb73f_Photo9-8-1754959PM.thumb.png.8a0c4b0534666fb6873cff2f9dc1dc45.png

The first of the three players, that we will analyse, is the Juventus ace Paulo Dybala! Barcelona are reportedly battling with Real Madrid for the signature of Juventus forward Paulo Dybala, and are preparing a bid of 108M. It is also rumoured that Messi wants Paulo at Barca, and has recommended his name. However, it remains a mystery to me as to how he fits into the team due to his ability to play as only a centre forward and attacking central midfielder. Nevertheless, we will proceed to see how he does at Barcelona!

Simulation

How he did

598c30766ee64_Photo6-8-17114016PM.thumb.png.bbeac6fc3edefc7327b2c712d5c5059a.png

We see some major improvements in Dybala after the one-season simulation! There were solid improvements in dribbling,shooting,creativity,decisions and movement. This shows that a single season with the likes of Messi and Suarez has thoroughly improved the lad. The improvement in dribbling and shooting could be due to his new position on the left, and the increase in shooting could be due to the support he receives from Messi and Suarez! It’s worth noticing the giant increase in value from 37M to a mind boggling 75M! An amazing player is the least I can say…

598c307cc498c_Photo6-8-17114020PM.thumb.png.326e9ba18b544d2203339873e691d9fa.png

It seems as if Dybala did a very good job in his first season! He had an outstanding debut season in a largely rotated squad which includes the legends Messi and Suarez, a similar youth striker in Paco Alcacer and many other talented players. As such, managing 35+ appearances is phenomenal and an average rating of 7.07 is just amazing! A great player indeed!

How the team did

598c3083af869_Photo6-8-17114041PM.thumb.png.fa2933c5026d267330cb734c5485fff9.png

A solid season in league as Barcelona end 1st place with a 7 point difference to Real.

With 84 goals scored and 35 let in, the team gave a great performance. The trio of MSD fit together well over the season and the threat of 3 goal scorers, wrecked havoc in the league. The trio scored the most goals in the whole league. A good season in league indeed!

Analysis

With the simulation of Dybala run, it looks like with time, Dybala can fit into the Barcelona squad. He will also be available longer than the two ace strikers who have turned 30, as he is just entering his prime. On certain levels, Dybala can be a very well replacement for Neymar however, it’ll come at a hefty 108M price. The price though will be worth it and affordable for the Blaugrana who have 200M under their belt. All in all, Dybala will be a quality signing for Barcelona!

Philipe Coutinho

598c30c131d85_Photo9-8-1755009PM.thumb.png.bb89f78a95b202108c25879bfe8bdc7a.png

Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona isn’t something that is new. It’s been on for very very long. The Liverpool midfielder has been linked with a move to Camp Nou on and off for well over a year now; his form for club and country last season only strengthened the idea that he could tread the same path as Luis Suarez followed in 2014. His friendship with Suarez, six month loan spell with Espanyol 2012, where he got to know the city and the language, and even his "Barca DNA" have been listed as reasons why it's inevitable he would choose the Blaugrana if he ever left Liverpool.

And while it may have been difficult to see where he would fit in at Barcelona with a front three of Lionel Messi, Suarez and Neymar, now it's simple; the left winger role is wide open for him…

Simulation

How he did

598c308b2e56b_Photo7-8-1710002AM.thumb.png.c42a1d888ed10c656717fd1d9a235b37.png

There are some improvements which are visible but not too obvious. There is his increase in shooting, movement and pace. All this makes sense as a left winger has to be able to shoot, especially with the Barcelona attack which has a habit of passing very well. Thus, the ball could fall to anyone to score, The movement also has to be good as the Barcelona tactic of Tiki-taka revolves around the idea of passing into spaces which all the players must be able to get. The pace could be due to the experience he was gaining. There was also the increase from 29M to a highly respectable 52M which shows he has been doing some good work!
598c30925bd07_Photo7-8-1710003AM.thumb.png.bea4f6d4f6f679807dea4b4f0ddbfe13.png

Have a look at this! 34 games and managing 11 goals as well as 11 assists, what a player! It is odd as to how he only got 30+ games in a role which is wide open. However, in the games he did get, he was fabulous. He was getting involved in all games due to his goals and assists as well as maintaining a great rating of 7.47.

How the team did

598c3099de03f_Photo7-8-1710005AM.thumb.png.736c6ab6edf39b839cef8956c714a09e.png

A very close season in league indeed, as they just finish 1 point off Atletico. MSC managed a world class 88 goals, with the defence being rock solid once again at 36 goals. The inclusion of another Brazilian playmaker from the wigs, assisted the two main goal scorers well and they didn’t disappoint as they chased in on many opportunities! Thus, a good overall season all together

Analysis

At the start, everything look like rainbows and unicorns. With time, Coutinho’s influence did decrease as they started off the season well but couldn’t ed it off the same way. His performances did show that he did very well, and that could show he is a good player. He is only 24 years old and shows signs of improving, thus it could be a good transfer. However, a big price of 120M could be too much for the lad. Through the simulations though, any amount of money for him is justified. In a nutshell, a solid player!

Ousmane Dembele

598c30c809491_Photo9-8-1755019PM.thumb.png.26ab397a78bc3ac1425ae51555e91d2b.png

Ousmane Dembele has been known as a similar player to Neymar, and it is no surprise as to why Barcelona had turned their attention to him. Dembele has also shown interest in moving to Spain after a move to Dortmund from Rennes last season. His ability to play as a winger is of course the main reason that Barcelona are considering him. He is only in his teenage years which why many people are confused as to why Barcelona, with such a big war-chest, would look for a wonderkid instead of an established star. However, we cannot rule any possibility out and will look into how the youngster will do at Camp Nou…

Simulation

How he did

598c30a39c60e_Photo7-8-1711901AM.thumb.png.e3319860db7837252025042fdd8c44ce.png

Some small improvements can be seen over the season… Mainly in his crossing and shooting. In the trio that was made, it was crucial to have such a player who can link the sides and the centre well, and Dembele fit the criteria. There was also the criteria of being able to score, which helped his shooting stat. He is truly a Neymar-isque player in the making!

598c30ab0fb54_Photo7-8-1711904AM.thumb.png.8032c65da0940eb4d8bdca35cb914055.png

Not bad! 35 games is outstanding for a 19 year old! Truly very good! Not to mention the 11 goals and 7 assists as well as the solid 6.97 average rating. He was managing to get in front of other players who were the same age as him and was also impressing. Very well done indeed!

How the team did

598c30b3d39c7_Photo7-8-1711911AM.thumb.png.5535aea0b50cbd5a0348536688a6c868.png

Woah! Amazing! A very good season in league. Managing 98 points and were completely undefeated! Scoring an insane number of goals as well, and not letting many in! Both attack and defence were good! With a player quite closely compare to Neymar, Ousmane lived up to the hype as he put in some great performances in building plays. Even though he did not get in much with the goals and assists, he had his own role to play!

Analysis

Dembele is a class player. At 19 years old, he is already capable of great things and FMM is the proof. He will definitely improve with time and as this is only the start to what can be a illustrious career in Barcelona. However, it is now on FC Barca if they are ready to invest up to 130M on ‘raw’ talent. To sum up, Ousmane Dembele can become a class player!

Conclusion

Neymar’s departure to Paris has undoubtedly left a very large hole in the Barcelona attack which they have to fill up fast and with a quality player.

Dybala has the talent and experience to handle that role. He knows how to score and has already gotten tips from experienced players like Higuain but does he truly understand what it is to be the shadow of experienced legends in the attack. Can he handle the pressure of a Barcelona main man?

Coutinho is Brazilian and understands to a large extent the Canarinho way of play, not to mention he is close friends with Neymar and does play very similar to him. However, does Philippe Coutinho really have the heart to leave Liverpool and will they actually let him go?

Dembele is a class player who already has the wonderkid tag on him. He can work for Barcelona for a very long time, even up to 10+ years. However, will Barcelona really sign him? WIll they really invest such a huge amount in a teenager?

From the tests that I have run, it seems as if the best man for the job is actually Coutinho. He managed to help Barca in the league, even if it was by a mere point, and he also made sure he was putting in stunning performances. After all, 11 goals and assists isn’t what is expected from a player in his debut season. Nor is the enormous 7.47 AVG rating that he managed to get. It shows the class of the man his ability to adapt quickly as well as the ambition to succeed

Some might argue that Dybala is better due to his 24 contributions to Coutinho's 22. However, it shows that Dybala played a more advanced role similar to that of Messi while Coutinho player a deeper one. Thus, I feel Coutinho offers balance to the attack.

However, we are all prisoner to our own opinions. Let’s hear all the different opinions that you guys have got to offer from each of your different point of views!

Thanks for reading

Risheek

Wonderful work mate! 

Imo the most viable option as a replacement for Neymar is Dembele. Without Neymar they lack an outlet of pace in the attack, sure Messi and Suarez aren't the slowest but they aren't lighting/getting any younger and they typically find themselves pretty deep so Dembele as a wide outlet would compliment them well. 

However they should still sign Coutinho but as Iniesta/Xavi's replacement and not Neymar's. Coutinho is a million miles better in central midfield compared to wide in my and most LFC fans opinions. Just look at the season we finished second where he was in midfield or his run at the end of last season. Coutinho's vision, creativity and ability is wasted wide and he's brilliant when the play is in front him. We've seen what he can do with Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling in front of him, just imagine what he could do with Messi, Suarez and Dembele making the runs. Although I'm seriously hoping it will be Salah, Mane and Firmino he's feeding. 

If Coutinho is available I have no idea, from what I hear Coutinho has to force the move which appears he won't, although we've said he can go next summer. Apparently Klopp has the final say on all sales (unless someone forces it) and that it's in his contract as he left Dortmund due to the board selling players from under him. He wants to build so he has the final say, rejecting €100m seems to reflect this. 

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

Wonderful work mate! 

Imo the most viable option as a replacement for Neymar is Dembele. Without Neymar they lack an outlet of pace in the attack, sure Messi and Suarez aren't the slowest but they aren't lighting/getting any younger and they typically find themselves pretty deep so Dembele as a wide outlet would compliment them well. 

However they should still sign Coutinho but as Iniesta/Xavi's replacement and not Neymar's. Coutinho is a million miles better in central midfield compared to wide in my and most LFC fans opinions. Just look at the season we finished second where he was in midfield or his run at the end of last season. Coutinho's vision, creativity and ability is wasted wide and he's brilliant when the play is in front him. We've seen what he can do with Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling in front of him, just imagine what he could do with Messi, Suarez and Dembele making the runs. Although I'm seriously hoping it will be Salah, Mane and Firmino he's feeding. 

If Coutinho is available I have no idea, from what I hear Coutinho has to force the move which appears he won't, although we've said he can go next summer. Apparently Klopp has the final say on all sales (unless someone forces it) and that it's in his contract as he left Dortmund due to the board selling players from under him. He wants to build so he has the final say, rejecting €100m seems to reflect this. 

Thanks mate!

Dembele was a very attractive option due to the fact he played very similar to Neymar. However, the reason I felt that he would not work is that, even though there is pace in Dem there is the important stat of movement that Cou is better in. Tiki-Taka is all about getting in the right space at the right time which movement helps in. Thus, I thought Coutinho would be better. However, you also have a good arguement and I do agree to quite an extent!

Thats true! He does operate better in the centre but that might be due to the fact that he's been overshadowed in the wing position and his need in the centre of LFC's midfield. However, I have no shame in agreeing that Coutinho is just amaizng in the centre. I'm jealous he isn't at Man Utd ;) A way better lad than Fellaini by miles!

Thats the big reason I feel this is an impossible transfer. Neither Coutinho nor LFC seem overly interested in Barca's offers. Even if he is a good option, Barca will struggle to get him and Dembele might ultimately be the one moving to the Camp Nou.

Thanks for Reading and sharing your opinions mate!

This is a brilliant article mate, well done :D

I still think Coutinho will end up at Barca, whether it's this summer or next summer. Without many more signings Liverpool are struggling to reach the top 4 this season which would just add to the likelihood of the move happening.

They've been linked with them all though so who knows. With their transfer strategy they'll probably and up with Peter Crouch

3 minutes ago, samhardy said:

This is a brilliant article mate, well done :D

I still think Coutinho will end up at Barca, whether it's this summer or next summer. Without many more signings Liverpool are struggling to reach the top 4 this season which would just add to the likelihood of the move happening.

They've been linked with them all though so who knows. With their transfer strategy they'll probably and up with Peter Crouch

Thanks mate!

That's true! Coutinho will of course want to win trophies and if Liverpool doesn't get a cup in the coming season, he'll defintely want to leave. Personally, I feel it'll be a somewhat easy decision to leave even in this season!

Haha, who knows... They have money and can defintely get anyone they want. Just depends on who they pursue.

Thanks for reading and sharing mate!

If Neymar was still there I'd think Coutinho was gone tbh. Neymar was a massive attraction to Coutinho as they're close friends, with his leaving I think we have more chance of keeping him (although Barca can now pay silly money for him). Verrati is Barca's first choice for central midfield and he's not available, if Coutinho stalls this year but they get Verrati next year Coutinho will be somewhat in limbo. It's going to be interesting to see how this pans out. 

You could argue LFC signed Coutinho's replacement in Salah, if he was intended to stay on the LW that is. Once Salah joined the idea turned to be Coutinho into CM yet we're heavily linked to splashhing close to £100m on a midfielder of our own. Is Keita a replacement for Coutinho or some muscle to compliment him? It's really hard to predict! 

I'll be gutted if Coutinho goes but I couldn't blame him. Apart of me wonders if it could be a blessing in disguise even, as long as we spent the money on a top striker. That theory seems unlikely with not many out there currently but if we sold Coutinho we could easily play a 4231 which would make Firmino more impactful while adding in a top striker. Another issue would be Hendo is pants in a two though. 

Sturridge

Mane Firmino Salah

Keita Can 

vs 

Mane Firmino Salah

Coutinho Can

Hendo

This transfer is just fascinating haha. 

9 minutes ago, Ashez said:

If Neymar was still there I'd think Coutinho was gone tbh. Neymar was a massive attraction to Coutinho as they're close friends, with his leaving I think we have more chance of keeping him (although Barca can now pay silly money for him). Verrati is Barca's first choice for central midfield and he's not available, if Coutinho stalls this year but they get Verrati next year Coutinho will be somewhat in limbo. It's going to be interesting to see how this pans out. 

You could argue LFC signed Coutinho's replacement in Salah, if he was intended to stay on the LW that is. Once Salah joined the idea turned to be Coutinho into CM yet we're heavily linked to splashhing close to £100m on a midfielder of our own. Is Keita a replacement for Coutinho or some muscle to compliment him? It's really hard to predict! 

I'll be gutted if Coutinho goes but I couldn't blame him. Apart of me wonders if it could be a blessing in disguise even, as long as we spent the money on a top striker. That theory seems unlikely with not many out there currently but if we sold Coutinho we could easily play a 4231 which would make Firmino more impactful while adding in a top striker. Another issue would be Hendo is pants in a two though. 

Sturridge

Mane Firmino Salah

Keita Can 

vs 

Mane Firmino Salah

Coutinho Can

Hendo

This transfer is just fascinating haha. 

Well of course Neymar would've been a great reason for Coutinho to go to Barcelona but the problem there would be that there was no use for him then. Their central midfield is world class anyways, so there would not be a need for him. It's on him now to see if he just wants to ignore Barca when he has the option of becoming a first team player just because his Friend isn't there compared to when his Friend was there but he would have no place in the team..

Personally, I feel Klopp saw Coutinho leaving which is the reason for the signing of Salah. The signing of Salah is actually perfect from my point of view as it seems fitting. Klopp has slowly been digging the transfer of Cou starting from Firmino taking up the AMC which sent Cou to the left and now with Salah sending him to a deeper role, a role which doesn't exactly suit a player of his reputation. As u say, he's looking for a world class central midfielder which will totally kick Cou out of the team. I feel he'll look to sign that CM next season and sell Cou out then.

See...Cou leaving is actually perfect tactic wise!

Coutinho has been linked to Barca for years with Neymar doing most the linking. He's clearly seen as a CM for them as why else would Neymar pimp out his position. 

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Coutinho has been linked to Barca for years with Neymar doing most the linking. He's clearly seen as a CM for them as why else would Neymar pimp out his position. 

According to FMM, he's a left winger ;) I think it's really on Barca what they do IRL, because we sure don't knw what's going on inside Valverde's mind. However, what I do know for sure is, that this is gonna be a great great transfer saga :) 

8 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Apparently Dembele didn't turn up to Dortmund training this morning, could mean he's off to Barca!

Interesting! All signs leading to Dembele being the man! 

What is the point of view of you'll? Let's hear all of you out!

Very interesting and well thought out article. If I where Barca I would try to get Dele Ali plus a versitle young forward such as Dybala.

13 minutes ago, fuddledfoxFM said:

Very interesting and well thought out article. If I where Barca I would try to get Dele Ali plus a versitle young forward such as Dybala.

Thanks mate! Yeah, the fact that Iniesta is close to retirement should be a worrying fact for them, especially without a experienced man to take his place, but they don't seem worried at all. Personally, I'm rooting for Dybala to move there, a good and young player who will most definetly work and stay until a very Long time, becoming a legend at Barca. Thanks for Reading and sharing!

I think they should use Coutinho in a Iniesta role, he'd be great with his through passes and longshots. His technique is phenomenal.

I think Dembele needs another Dortmund season to really make his mark, Dybala has already proven himself to be world class for some seasons.

Imo it should be Dybala at this point.

5 hours ago, Ashez said:

Barca Dembele bid rejected, told you they wanted both :P 

Haha, yes yes.

3 hours ago, Jeroenvk94 said:

I think they should use Coutinho in a Iniesta role, he'd be great with his through passes and longshots. His technique is phenomenal.

I think Dembele needs another Dortmund season to really make his mark, Dybala has already proven himself to be world class for some seasons.

Imo it should be Dybala at this point.

I've always agreed with that, but the fact being that he's recognized in fmm as a CM

Fully agree with Dybala being the man!

7 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

This is top notch! Love the effort put into this, you did a phenomenal job!!

Thanks mate!

I feel Dybala SHOULD be the signing they make irl.. no doubt in my mind he'd be the perfect signing

2 hours ago, Vxlencix said:

I feel Dybala SHOULD be the signing they make irl.. no doubt in my mind he'd be the perfect signing

Our opinions!